Photo
- - - - -

Your personal Human Interface Device

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Zacmanman

Zacmanman

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:36 AM

And by that I mean mouse, although if you want to make this a gamepad/keyboard/mouse thread, go ahead.

I'm not sure if I'm a hipster or a nerd but I use a Logitech Trakman trackball (the one that's not wireless, I mean, it's a trackball, it doesn't move) and a Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite (the black one, because I'm racist). It took me a while to get used to the trackball, especially for gaming, but I find that it's just as accurate as a mouse after some training and I never run out of space or find myself readjusting at all.

The Split/curved keyboard took me no time to get used to though. I'm a touch typist(self-taught so I have some weird tendencies) and I type with a different Keyboard layout (Colemak for anyone interested), so looking at the keys is worthless to me. And I can't rearrange them due to the shape of the keyboard (even though when I used a normal keyboard I didn't do that either).

So what say you? Anyone have any fancy setups for their frags? Do you thing I'm a $$$?
Posted Image

#2 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:14 PM

For my personal gaming rig I have this:

Mouse
Posted Image - $5.99

Keyboard - Silver
Posted Image - $8.99

Gamepad
Posted Image - $4.99

and

Posted Image - $7.50

I have 2 HTPC each with a remote and 4 wireless control pads and they have No KB and/or mouse immediately attach to them.

Remote

Posted Image - $5.99

Gamepad

Posted Image - Free

I have few older machines that I use for LAN gaming when family or friends visit but they are all using stock devices.

Megazell's Free and Legal PC Games!

http://freeandlegalpcgames.wordpress.com/

It's free or Fuck it!

#3 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:41 PM

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite

I have a Microsoft Natural Keyboard as well (and isn't black the only color that's available for it currently?), the 4000 model. I've gone through a few now; I think my first one might've been an Elite. Absolutely the best keyboard line I've ever used.

My mouse is nothing special. It's just a low-end Microsoft one with... not the best scroll wheel in the world, but it gets the job done.

For the times when I want a gamepad, I use a DualShock 2 with a PS2-to-USB converter.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#4 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:57 PM

Keyboard: http://www.amazon.co...uct/B004SUIM4E/
Mouse: http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B003I4FHNK/
Gamepad: http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B003ZSN600/

#5 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:51 PM

Definitely nothing fancy here, but I mostly do single-player games and don't game solely on the PC.

I use: http://www.amazon.co...16631020&sr=8-3

Also a PS3 controller for the occasional PS1 game

fs_overall.png

#6 Zacmanman

Zacmanman

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:11 PM

For my personal gaming rig I have this:

Mouse
Posted Image - $5.99

I've used one of these a few times and I prefer thumb driven trackballs

I have a Microsoft Natural Keyboard as well (and isn't black the only color that's available for it currently?), the 4000 model.

Black is the only color for the 4000, but the Natural Elite comes in White and Black (I've had both.) I also hate the 4000. It's a good keyboard but it has nothing on the Natural Elite. The keys feel a lot better. It doesn't have any of the fancier stuff, but it certainly feels a lot better on my hands.
Posted Image

#7 Gourd

Gourd

Tofu Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:07 PM

Mice:

Logitech G500

I love this mouse. It's WIRED! I tend to prefer wired. No batteries to fool with. No worries that I'm adding a little more to the very crowded wireless environment in my neighborhood. (Yes. I actually think about /other computer users./)

Having said that, my other 'mouse' is a wireless trackball:

Logitech M570 Trackball.

I use this for very light gaming on my netbook. It is wireless and I wish it came in a wired version.

I basically picked up this device to get used to using a trackball, since a good friend kept pestering me that I cannot know for sure that I'd prefer mice over a trackball without honestly trying one. To her disappointment, I'm sure, I went right out and bought one, practiced with it for two months, and now feel that I can say with conviction that I prefer mice.

This device is wonderful for surfing the web and getting actual work done, however.

Keyboard:

Original design Logitech G15.

/Favored/ input device for the games I enjoy:

Wired Xbox 360 Gamepad. Supplemented with keyboard for data entry.

I don't tend to find first person shooters all that fun. Borderlands being a notable exception.

I enjoy adventure games and platformers.

I also like having fine gradations of movement speed. As opposed to STOP, WALK, FULL TILT SPRINT. Ala Mouse and Keyboard. I tend to prefer graceful movement to pulling off headshots with a sniper rifle.
SUPER EXPLOSIVE POWER SUIT Bangai-O!!!

#8 Zacmanman

Zacmanman

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:04 PM

I've never used the M570 ( I eye'd it for a while but decided to use the Trackman Wheel instead(the corded older one). I don't need any of those fancy buttons and I like Thumb driven and the likeness to a normal mouse, but I prefer the motion and track of the trackball.
Posted Image

#9 ROB64

ROB64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:26 AM

I use a Logitech M100 mouse. Nothing fancy, but it hasn't failed me yet.
http://www.newegg.co...k=logitech m100
Also:
Lite-On slim keyboard http://www.newegg.co...N82E16823107009
A mini logitech wireless mouse for my netbook.
And this wireless gamepad on occasion (mainly use it with the PS3, but I'll use it for PC games sometimes.)
Posted Image

#10 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:39 AM

Logitech G500 mouse, some USB keyboard I got from a friend, OEM from a hospital, no brand name but it's built like ttank, and a wired 360 pad.

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#11 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:16 AM

i use a basic dell keyboard and ms intellimouse 3.0.

if i need a controller i use ps2 with converter or ps3 controller.
if i need a stick... i just bought a logitech extreme 3d pro! now i can play freespace and tie fighter properly!
Every day's great at your Junes!

#12 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:56 AM

Logitech M500

Posted Image

Love that damn thing.

And some old-ass BenQ keyboard. This one:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Zacmanman

Zacmanman

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:30 AM

if i need a stick... i just bought a logitech extreme 3d pro! now i can play freespace and tie fighter properly!

I've always had an interest in using a joystick that's made for Flight simulators for other games. $30 isn't bad for that stick, but does anyone think that's a good idea or should I just stick with my trackball?
Posted Image