PS3 Move: Motion Controller $25; Navigation $15, Sharpshooter $20 all at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#31 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:38 AM

I enjoyed KZ3 with the SS until I got sick of calibrating it and switched back to the controller. too bad you can't use 2 SS in the co-op mode. Hope that helps you.

Definitely--thanks. If the 1st party featured title doesn't offer 2 player co-op, I can wait on it. I'm under construction right now and I don't even have a good Move/Kinect area at the moment.

#32 Hibiwa

Hibiwa

Blue Exorcist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:52 PM

I have the Precision Shot 3 gun that works great with games like The Shoot and Dead Space Extraction, but I heard it doesn't work so well with games like Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 due to buttom mapping. I have KZ3 but haven't tried it yet. Do you guys who have the sharpshooter think it really adds a lot to those games? Has anyone played those games or Socom with the precision shot 3? I want to make sure it's worth my purchase before dropping dough on another plastic gun. I just don't know if I'll have time to checkout KZ3 with the one I have before this sale ends.

I can say the SS makes playing The Shoot infinitely better than using any analog gun attachment. I don't know about the precision shot, but I bought one of those cheapies from GS during a sale and it hurt my fingers like hell because you have to pull the spring trigger all the way back. No such nonsense with the sharp shooter.

Also played Socom 3 with SS, and it felt natural. It was designed for it after all. I haven't opened DS Extraction and Time Crisis yet, but I'm banking it plays just as well for those.

And in case anyone is looking, Amazon seems to be out of the nav controllers now. 3rd party has it for $29.

#33 jammin20

jammin20

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:21 PM

You can use 2 SS for Time Crisis but not for KZ3. Sorry it took so long to get back.

#34 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:27 PM

Glad the SS came back into stock. Hope I get $20 worth of play out of it.

#35 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:29 PM

Does this mean Move is close to dead? Do you need the eyetoy for this to work?

Pricecuts everywhere suggests that Sony is attempting to get out in front of the holiday season by getting Move moving. They're probably also testing to see if a lower price wouldn't help increase sales and by how much. It's no coincidence that it happens soon after the PS3 price drop.

I think they would probably have been better served dropping the price on the Move set effectively by bundling it in with the $300 version of the PS3 with Killzone 3/SOCOM 4 and adding the sharpshooter.

"Good? Bad? Be the guy with the gun."

#36 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:37 PM

Bah, never mind. Canceled my SS order. It wasn't something I absolutely needed.

#37 nyace223

nyace223

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:10 PM

I think the Nav controller is out of stock. Its showing up @ 28.99. The others are still @ the discounted price

#38 KidSqueek

KidSqueek

Hero of Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:49 PM

I think the Nav controller is out of stock. Its showing up @ 28.99. The others are still @ the discounted price

It's showing that price because Amazon doesn't have it in stock so they are listing a third party seller. Once Amazon gets more in stock, it should be back at $14.99.

#39 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:14 PM

Pricecuts everywhere suggests that Sony is attempting to get out in front of the holiday season by getting Move moving. They're probably also testing to see if a lower price wouldn't help increase sales and by how much. It's no coincidence that it happens soon after the PS3 price drop.

I think they would probably have been better served dropping the price on the Move set effectively by bundling it in with the $300 version of the PS3 with Killzone 3/SOCOM 4 and adding the sharpshooter.

"Good? Bad? Be the guy with the gun."

There aren't pricecuts "everywhere." Gamestop is running a sale and Amazon will often match a competitors sale price. The chick I talked to at Gamestop said they weren't getting any more of the shooting attachment. so Gamestop may be closing out Move accessories. This isn't any kind of strategic move by Sony, otherwise the msrp on all this stuff would have dropped.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#40 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:26 PM

There aren't pricecuts "everywhere." Gamestop is running a sale and Amazon will often match a competitors sale price. The chick I talked to at Gamestop said they weren't getting any more of the shooting attachment. so Gamestop may be closing out Move accessories. This isn't any kind of strategic move by Sony, otherwise the msrp on all this stuff would have dropped.

Just because a Gamestop employee told you that doesn't mean much...it is a gamestop employee after all:roll:

#41 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:34 PM

It's not everywhere yet, but you didn't count the Kmart sale. Price drops at three major retailers in one week as we draw closer to the fourth quarter? Sounds like a trend to me.

#42 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:07 PM

It's not everywhere yet, but you didn't count the Kmart sale. Price drops at three major retailers in one week as we draw closer to the fourth quarter? Sounds like a trend to me.

Until MSRP drops, this is just a sale. I believe the Gamestop sale on Move stuff is over the first of October. Expect the Amazon sale to be over then or sooner.

#43 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:10 PM

Gamestop discontinuing first party Move accessories isn't a promising sign.

#44 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:13 PM

Just because a Gamestop employee told you that doesn't mean much...it is a gamestop employee after all:roll:

I asked specifically if they would be getting more of the shooting attachments in and she looked it up and said no, they wouldn't be carrying it or receiving any more units. Take it for what you will, but that was around 3 weeks ago and they still have none after I bought the last one.

#45 TheShepherdSauce

TheShepherdSauce

thick & hearty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:59 PM

The sharpshooter any good to use with RE5? I've been looking for an excuse to finish my hard mode playthrough.

#46 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:06 PM

The sharpshooter any good to use with RE5? I've been looking for an excuse to finish my hard mode playthrough.

Sharpshooter doesn't really translate well with RE5 gold. Buttons can't be configured properly for the game. Like the trigger on the Sharpshooter isn't to shoot, but rather to aim your icon. To shoot you actually use the button below the trigger. A couple of other awkward issues. It can be played with it, but it's awkward and has some limitations.

#47 maxrenderer

maxrenderer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:31 PM

Time Crisis is also really fun.

I though Time Crisis only used the MOVE button as the trigger. Did they patch the game to use the Trigger button or is the Sharpshooter set up in such a way that it's trigger pushes the MOVE button?

#48 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:40 PM

is the deal for the navi dead? Not showing close to $15 at all.

#49 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:52 PM

it's currently sold out on Amazon, but it is still available for that price at GS

#50 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:00 AM

the move controller is still out of stock but you can place an order for it for when it comes back in stock on october 2nd. I don't mind waiting and saving on taxes while also being able to use my amazon credit on it.

http://www.amazon.co...17088740&sr=8-1

edit: not available anymore it seems

Edited by AJVtony831, 27 September 2011 - 03:24 AM.

#51 2ndName

2ndName

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:14 AM

Thanks! In for 1 move controller, hopefully they will ship.

#52 broadbandit

broadbandit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:16 AM

crap, I wish I would've saw this sooner. for some reason I never saw the thread. would've loved to grab a nav

#53 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:15 PM

crap, I wish I would've saw this sooner. for some reason I never saw the thread. would've loved to grab a nav

If I'm not mistaken, K-Mart is running this same sale this week. Just go there and try your luck.

#54 iron2k

iron2k

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:18 PM

Navigation Controller back in stock for $14.99

http://www.amazon.co...17147367&sr=1-1

#55 Nobi-Wan

Nobi-Wan

Knifey-Spoony Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:23 PM

Navigation Controller back in stock for $14.99

http://www.amazon.co...17147367&sr=1-1

Sweet! Thank you, I have been checking back in with CAG to see if this popped back up.

#56 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:22 PM

Ordered a Navigation Controller and Sharpshooter from Amazon via Prime shipping, delivery estimate is Oct. 3rd and Sept. 30th respectively.

#57 cheapnpoor

cheapnpoor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:07 PM

Hi all,

For anyone still interested; the motion and navigation is back in stock.
However, sharpshooter will take 2-4 weeks to ship.

I'm thinking of picking an used eye camera.
Is the mounting clip necessary? Need a $5.00 filler for free shipping.

http://www.amazon.co...m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

#58 Hibiwa

Hibiwa

Blue Exorcist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

Not that clip. I bought this one and it works great. Much cheaper at $5.49.

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B004P7EUPA/

#59 cheapnpoor

cheapnpoor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

Not that clip. I bought this one and it works great. Much cheaper at $5.49.

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B004P7EUPA/

Thank you Hibiwa.
I hope the camera's usb cord is long enough. My ps3 sits on a stand right under tv (which is 46').

#60 Hibiwa

Hibiwa

Blue Exorcist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:33 PM

You're welcome. The usb cord is about 75 inches long. Should be fine. You could always try a usb extension if you have some complicated setup.