Feedback
4 (100%)
Playstation Move Motion Controller -- $25
http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-Move-Motion-Controller-Pc/dp/B002I0J51U/

Playstation Navigation Controller -- $15
http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-Move-Navigation-Controller-Pc/dp/B002I0K6X6/

Playstation Move Sharpshooter -- $20
http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Move-Sharp-Shooter-Pc/dp/B002I0K622/

Same deal Gamestop had, but now at Amazon, so for some people it's even nicer with no tax + free shipping. Also I know a lot of people are like me and have Amazon credit!

Wow, thanks OP. Just went back to gamestop and my local one had sold out of the controllers. Was going to have to drive out of the way to get one. This is cool, plus no tax! Why I need a second pair when i haven't even used the first is beyond me. Now debating on the sharpshooter... can anyone push me either way? I'm on the fence.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Wow, thanks OP. Just went back to gamestop and my local one had sold out of the controllers. Was going to have to drive out of the way to get one. This is cool, plus no tax! Why I need a second pair when i haven't even used the first is beyond me. Now debating on the sharpshooter... can anyone push me either way? I'm on the fence.[/QUOTE]
I would only recommend it if you're seriously planning on playing Killzone 3, SOCOM 4, Time Crisis Razing Storm, or Dead Space Extraction, and you have a TV 30 inches or larger.

Yea I bought a set at Gamestop of the two controllers, but didn't get the sharpshooter, but since I have Amazon credit I decided I'd go for it (and another set of controllers). I have Killzone 3 and heard it's pretty legit with that... don't know about the co-op on it, so I figured I'd just get 1 sharpshooter since I already have enough plastic peripherals ;-)

[quote name='Ionotropic']I would only recommend it if you're seriously planning on playing Killzone 3, SOCOM 4, Time Crisis Razing Storm, or Dead Space Extraction, and you have a TV 30 inches or larger.[/QUOTE]

Hmm.. ok deleted it out of my cart. I have a 55" TV but will probably not want to play those games with this. Plus my house which is reasonably sized, is telling me it doesn't need more junk lying around. My house needs to go on a diet.

*update* What about that game Overkill. Have it on the wii... never opened.. but this would be great for the PS3 version right?

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Hmm.. ok deleted it out of my cart. I have a 55" TV but will probably not want to play those games with this. Plus my house which is reasonably sized, is telling me it doesn't need more junk lying around. My house needs to go on a diet.

*update* What about that game Overkill. Have it on the wii... never opened.. but this would be great for the PS3 version right?[/QUOTE]
Probably. I forgot that game is coming out soon.

Thanks! Missed this deal when it came up yesterday. I've been looking for a cheap Nav for some time. Also got a sharpshooter for curiosity sake, and most likely against my better judgement. More huge peripherals sitting around my house :(

Is it better to buy the move set individually now (I still have to get the eye)???
I'm hoping the Resistance 3 bundle will drop in price.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Hmm.. ok deleted it out of my cart. I have a 55" TV but will probably not want to play those games with this. Plus my house which is reasonably sized, is telling me it doesn't need more junk lying around. My house needs to go on a diet.

*update* What about that game Overkill. Have it on the wii... never opened.. but this would be great for the PS3 version right?[/QUOTE]

I don't know about your 55", but the sharpshooter is very fun with a projector on a 120" screen. I went through Dead Space: Extraction, and Time Crisis is also really fun. I grabbed a second SS and Nav during the initial Gamestop price drop. I'm going to get HotD Overkill when it comes out. The SS isn't for everyone, but if you like arcade games with the big plastic guns, then it feels more fun that just pointing the wand at the screen.

I have the Precision Shot 3 gun that works great with games like The Shoot and Dead Space Extraction, but I heard it doesn't work so well with games like Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 due to buttom mapping. I have KZ3 but haven't tried it yet. Do you guys who have the sharpshooter think it really adds a lot to those games? Has anyone played those games or Socom with the precision shot 3? I want to make sure it's worth my purchase before dropping dough on another plastic gun. I just don't know if I'll have time to checkout KZ3 with the one I have before this sale ends.

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']Crap, no more move controllers... I mean, I don't really need two, I'd just like two.[/QUOTE]

You do if you have friends...

Heck yes!!! I don't care if they are out of stock. I'd rather order it now and have them ship it to me in a week or two when the prices will be regular again and only get charged the sales price once shipped. I'm not in a hurry. I already have the eye anyway that I received as a gift for my birthday.

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']Crap, no more move controllers... I mean, I don't really need two, I'd just like two.[/QUOTE]

For some games you need two...

The Fight, parts of Ports Champions...

Not sure why I would consider this now, but do any of the games have co-op modes worth having two sets of the SS? I already have two Move controllers.

[quote name='turls']Not sure why I would consider this now, but do any of the games have co-op modes worth having two sets of the SS? I already have two Move controllers.[/QUOTE]

We have 2 Sharpshooters and my 2 spoiled brats love playing Time Crisis Dead storm Pirates over and over and over. It's worth it when I'm trying to make dinner or read the paper for a few minutes.
I enjoyed KZ3 with the SS until I got sick of calibrating it and switched back to the controller. too bad you can't use 2 SS in the co-op mode. Hope that helps you.

[quote name='jammin20']We have 2 Sharpshooters and my 2 spoiled brats love playing Time Crisis Dead storm Pirates over and over and over. It's worth it when I'm trying to make dinner or read the paper for a few minutes.
I enjoyed KZ3 with the SS until I got sick of calibrating it and switched back to the controller. too bad you can't use 2 SS in the co-op mode. Hope that helps you.[/QUOTE]

Can you not use 2 sharpshooters in Killzone, Time Crisis, or both?

[quote name='CXK']Does this mean Move is close to dead? Do you need the eyetoy for this to work?[/QUOTE]

You do need the eyetoy for Move. Move isn't close to dead, it has been selling pretty consistently and there are more Move-enabled games on the way.

Damn wish I had waited and got from amazon, buying at gamestop last week went against my boycott, but if they are going to lose money on an item I'll happily help them out!

[quote name='jammin20']I enjoyed KZ3 with the SS until I got sick of calibrating it and switched back to the controller. too bad you can't use 2 SS in the co-op mode. Hope that helps you.[/QUOTE]

Definitely--thanks. If the 1st party featured title doesn't offer 2 player co-op, I can wait on it. I'm under construction right now and I don't even have a good Move/Kinect area at the moment.

[quote name='mightymek']I have the Precision Shot 3 gun that works great with games like The Shoot and Dead Space Extraction, but I heard it doesn't work so well with games like Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 due to buttom mapping. I have KZ3 but haven't tried it yet. Do you guys who have the sharpshooter think it really adds a lot to those games? Has anyone played those games or Socom with the precision shot 3? I want to make sure it's worth my purchase before dropping dough on another plastic gun. I just don't know if I'll have time to checkout KZ3 with the one I have before this sale ends.[/QUOTE]

I can say the SS makes playing The Shoot infinitely better than using any analog gun attachment. I don't know about the precision shot, but I bought one of those cheapies from GS during a sale and it hurt my fingers like hell because you have to pull the spring trigger all the way back. No such nonsense with the sharp shooter.

Also played Socom 3 with SS, and it felt natural. It was designed for it after all. I haven't opened DS Extraction and Time Crisis yet, but I'm banking it plays just as well for those.

And in case anyone is looking, Amazon seems to be out of the nav controllers now. 3rd party has it for $29.

[quote name='CXK']Does this mean Move is close to dead? Do you need the eyetoy for this to work?[/QUOTE]

Pricecuts everywhere suggests that Sony is attempting to get out in front of the holiday season by getting Move moving. They're probably also testing to see if a lower price wouldn't help increase sales and by how much. It's no coincidence that it happens soon after the PS3 price drop.

I think they would probably have been better served dropping the price on the Move set effectively by bundling it in with the $300 version of the PS3 with Killzone 3/SOCOM 4 and adding the sharpshooter.

"Good? Bad? Be the guy with the gun."

I think the Nav controller is out of stock. Its showing up @ 28.99. The others are still @ the discounted price

[quote name='nyace223']I think the Nav controller is out of stock. Its showing up @ 28.99. The others are still @ the discounted price[/QUOTE]

It's showing that price because Amazon doesn't have it in stock so they are listing a third party seller. Once Amazon gets more in stock, it should be back at $14.99.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Pricecuts everywhere suggests that Sony is attempting to get out in front of the holiday season by getting Move moving. They're probably also testing to see if a lower price wouldn't help increase sales and by how much. It's no coincidence that it happens soon after the PS3 price drop.

I think they would probably have been better served dropping the price on the Move set effectively by bundling it in with the $300 version of the PS3 with Killzone 3/SOCOM 4 and adding the sharpshooter.

"Good? Bad? Be the guy with the gun."[/QUOTE]

There aren't pricecuts "everywhere." Gamestop is running a sale and Amazon will often match a competitors sale price. The chick I talked to at Gamestop said they weren't getting any more of the shooting attachment. so Gamestop may be closing out Move accessories. This isn't any kind of strategic move by Sony, otherwise the msrp on all this stuff would have dropped.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']There aren't pricecuts "everywhere." Gamestop is running a sale and Amazon will often match a competitors sale price. The chick I talked to at Gamestop said they weren't getting any more of the shooting attachment. so Gamestop may be closing out Move accessories. This isn't any kind of strategic move by Sony, otherwise the msrp on all this stuff would have dropped.[/QUOTE]

Just because a Gamestop employee told you that doesn't mean much...it is a gamestop employee after all:roll:

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']There aren't pricecuts "everywhere." Gamestop is running a sale and Amazon will often match a competitors sale price. The chick I talked to at Gamestop said they weren't getting any more of the shooting attachment. so Gamestop may be closing out Move accessories. This isn't any kind of strategic move by Sony, otherwise the msrp on all this stuff would have dropped.[/QUOTE]

It's not everywhere yet, but you didn't count the Kmart sale. Price drops at three major retailers in one week as we draw closer to the fourth quarter? Sounds like a trend to me.

[quote name='whitereflection']It's not everywhere yet, but you didn't count the Kmart sale. Price drops at three major retailers in one week as we draw closer to the fourth quarter? Sounds like a trend to me.[/QUOTE]

Until MSRP drops, this is just a sale. I believe the Gamestop sale on Move stuff is over the first of October. Expect the Amazon sale to be over then or sooner.

[quote name='whitereflection']It's not everywhere yet, but you didn't count the Kmart sale. Price drops at three major retailers in one week as we draw closer to the fourth quarter? Sounds like a trend to me.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop discontinuing first party Move accessories isn't a promising sign.

[quote name='AJVtony831']Just because a Gamestop employee told you that doesn't mean much...it is a gamestop employee after all:roll:[/QUOTE]

I asked specifically if they would be getting more of the shooting attachments in and she looked it up and said no, they wouldn't be carrying it or receiving any more units. Take it for what you will, but that was around 3 weeks ago and they still have none after I bought the last one.

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']The sharpshooter any good to use with RE5? I've been looking for an excuse to finish my hard mode playthrough.[/QUOTE]

Sharpshooter doesn't really translate well with RE5 gold. Buttons can't be configured properly for the game. Like the trigger on the Sharpshooter isn't to shoot, but rather to aim your icon. To shoot you actually use the button below the trigger. A couple of other awkward issues. It can be played with it, but it's awkward and has some limitations.

[quote name='SScorpio']Time Crisis is also really fun.[/QUOTE]
I though Time Crisis only used the MOVE button as the trigger. Did they patch the game to use the Trigger button or is the Sharpshooter set up in such a way that it's trigger pushes the MOVE button?

bread's done
Back