9/25 - 10/1 Kmart: PS3 Move Sports Champions and Tiger Woods Bundles 49.99 each

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#91 Jerajdai

Jerajdai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

Was any override required to get the nav controller free too?

^this - I'd love to price match at BB and get the free nav controller, but I have a feeling I'd get shot down at customer service...

#92 xx1jpt5xx

xx1jpt5xx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:01 PM

No overide came up automatically

#93 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:29 PM

Got 2 Tiger Woods bundles. One at Kmart and another one via PM at best Buy, since the Kmart only had one. I just really wanted one game and two extra controllers, so that I can beat my GF mercilessly in The Fight... and afterwards, we can play the PS3 Move Game The Fight: Lights Out!!! HIYOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

But no, I figured I'd get the two controllers and 1 game, and then I can sell the other game and the two Eyes and come out pretty well. Even going by Conservative estimates, If I get 15 for each eye and 20 for the game, that still means I got two motion controllers and Tiger Woods 2012 for 50 bucks.

#94 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:31 PM

Score! I price matched kmart to best buy and got the free nav controller

No overide came up automatically

Wow. Who would have ever guessed that would happen? :) http://www.cheapassg...5&postcount=178

#95 xx1jpt5xx

xx1jpt5xx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:58 PM

Am i able to trade in the tiger woods game frok the bundle? It. Has no upc and says not for resale

#96 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

Am i able to trade in the tiger woods game frok the bundle? It. Has no upc and says not for resale

I think most stores accept disc only games, so they shouldn't have problems accepting it if it says not for resale. I traded mine in a couple weeks ago and they noticed that it said not for resale but didn't reject it. It'll always depend on the store though.

#97 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:01 PM

Just take the disc by itself and trade it in...

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#98 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:09 PM

Yes. Best Buy and Gamestop both accept it. I recommend ebay or Amazon, if you have the means to do that, but those two stores will accept your trade in

#99 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:12 PM

Just buy the Tiger bundle for 50, then sell the game for 30. Not sure if Tiger 12 is still selling for 30, however. That's what I did a few weeks back when Amazon had it for 50. It actually worked out really sweet and cheap....like this>

Bought first Tiger bundle for 50- 20 in amazon card reward points = 30
Bought second Tiger bundle for 50
Total paid $80

Sold both Tiger games for 30 each= 60
Sold second eye/camera for 25

Ended up with 2 motion controllers and a eye/camera and made $5..lol. Actually, I sold those on ebay, so I did have to pay fees, but still only cost me about 6 bucks.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#100 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:16 PM

Yes. Best Buy and Gamestop both accept it. I recommend ebay or Amazon, if you have the means to do that, but those two stores will accept your trade in

You must be talking about selling on amazon marketplace because Amazon trade-in will definitely not accept it.

If you can find a used retail copy w/ UPC at GameStop, buy that, switch the cover art with your no UPC/NFR and then return it. Problem solved.

#101 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:26 PM

Just checked BB TIV for Tiger 12 and it's 20. If you pre-order Rage or NBA 2k12 you can get an extra 50% (10), making it 30. Unlocked members should be able to get an extra 10% on top of that, as well.

I would strongly advise anybody who buys the Tiger/Move bundle to dump the game. Unless you don't mind getting an incomplete game that you have to spend a lot of $ on for DLC. Lots of the courses in the career mode are DLC courses, so you have to skip them or pay for them. EA really bent over the golf fans this years.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#102 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:50 PM

Just checked BB TIV for Tiger 12 and it's 20. If you pre-order Rage or NBA 2k12 you can get an extra 50% (10), making it 30. Unlocked members should be able to get an extra 10% on top of that, as well.

I would strongly advise anybody who buys the Tiger/Move bundle to dump the game. Unless you don't mind getting an incomplete game that you have to spend a lot of $ on for DLC. Lots of the courses in the career mode are DLC courses, so you have to skip them or pay for them. EA really bent over the golf fans this years.

God damn, that is fucking wonderful. I may just need to buy the Tiger Woods 2012 bundle on Tuesday then drive to BB to trade it in for 40% on a Sonic Generations preorder.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#103 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:07 PM

Yeah, it'd be a wise idea to get Tiger bundle, then trade Tiger to BB

#104 SoulEdgeVII

SoulEdgeVII

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:15 PM

For people PMing at Best Buy for the Tiger Woods Bundle, are you just using Kmart's website price or is the Tiger Woods bundle in the ad as well?

#105 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:19 PM

For people PMing at Best Buy for the Tiger Woods Bundle, are you just using Kmart's website price or is the Tiger Woods bundle in the ad as well?

The ad features the Sports Champions bundle only. However the price for the Tiger Woods is listed online. I told them and they looked it up online and matched it.

#106 SoulEdgeVII

SoulEdgeVII

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:28 PM

The ad features the Sports Champions bundle only. However the price for the Tiger Woods is listed online. I told them and they looked it up online and matched it.

Thanks! Were you able to get the free navigation controller as well?

#107 Jerajdai

Jerajdai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:44 PM

Price match was denied @ bestbuy tonight - they called up my local kmart and both bundles were out of stock. :( Didn't even think to call and check with them first...oh well, lesson learned.

#108 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:06 AM

Thanks! Were you able to get the free navigation controller as well?

No, I wasn't gonna push my luck and didn't even try. Don't really need one.

#109 el swordo

el swordo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:17 AM

so let me get this right i have to go to kmart to get this? pass

#110 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:22 AM

If you want the best chance to get the navi too, get the price match first and let the manager walk away. Then say, "oh I want navi controller too." It'll show a higher price until they hit the total. Of course you can always pretend like you didn't know the navi controller was free with it, and just let it happen letting them think you were going to pay for it.

#111 biggie2123

biggie2123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:36 AM

I went to Best Buy today and got two Tiger Move bundles priced matched to 49.99 each and got two navi controllers free. Then went right back and traded in the Tiger game for 64 in BB gift card.
Across the street, I traded in the extra PS eye for 8.80 at gamestop and got the Fight and Playstation move heroes. One of the best deals so far for me this year! Thanks OP!

#112 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:41 AM

wait, how did u guys PM at BB? did u just say that KMart was had Sport champions and tiger move bundles for 49.99? or show them the ad that says kmart had sports champions for 49.99 but tiger woods was a part of it? i dont have much time to go to stores to PM so i wanted to get it right the first time

#113 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:44 AM

wait, how did u guys PM at BB? did u just say that KMart was had Sport champions and tiger move bundles for 49.99? or show them the ad that says kmart had sports champions for 49.99 but tiger woods was a part of it? i dont have much time to go to stores to PM so i wanted to get it right the first time

Just have them check it online. They'll probably still call to confirm.

#114 n00bie

n00bie

Grazing for cheap games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:04 AM

I lol'd

Me, too.

At you not agreeing.

#115 LoveLost

LoveLost

Slutting it UP!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:14 AM

I went to BB this morning and Got the price match done easily and got myself the navigation control too. The manager saw the deal and said damn I think I'm gonna do the price match too.
Spoiler

#116 JaytheGamefan

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:31 AM

...and of course the K-Mart site says the bundle can't be shipped when I get it into my cart.

Edit - Hmm...got their "Nonbranded PS Move" bundle to work. Only one review of it on their site, but it seems to include all the stuff from the official Sports Champion bundle but a mini-USB cable.

Edited by JaytheGamefan, 26 September 2011 - 01:45 AM.

#117 Jerajdai

Jerajdai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

Ugh - I hate my local kmart. Called them this morning to see if they had any of the move bundles in stock and they said "we just sold the last one." (15 mins after they opened) Yesterday when I tried to price match at bestbuy they told the BB csr they were out of stock. So I called bs and took a drive down there and sure enough, they have 3 of them in the case. I drive to a different bestbuy for a price match (wanted to use up a GC I had), they call up kmart and say they just sold the last one too. :cry: (Was hoping they wouldn't call but oh well.) I told them I was just in their store and had 3 on the shelf, but BB blew me off. I drive back to kmart and now they have one left in the case. I bought it but it wasn't cool they lied about it.:cry: Can't really do anything about it...at least I got the bundle.

#118 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:18 PM

Maybe they didn't lie. Maybe they didn't have any out and then restocked the case after your call. Cause why would they lie? The point is to sell their inventory. So if a customer calls and inquires about availability, why lie? Unless they were just too lazy to check

#119 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:29 PM

Maybe they didn't lie. Maybe they didn't have any out and then restocked the case after your call. Cause why would they lie? The point is to sell their inventory. So if a customer calls and inquires about availability, why lie? Unless they were just too lazy to check

This is k-mart we're talking about.. they were probably either clueless or too lazy to check.

#120 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:38 PM

Ugh - I hate my local kmart. Called them this morning to see if they had any of the move bundles in stock and they said "we just sold the last one." (15 mins after they opened) Yesterday when I tried to price match at bestbuy they told the BB csr they were out of stock. So I called bs and took a drive down there and sure enough, they have 3 of them in the case. I drive to a different bestbuy for a price match (wanted to use up a GC I had), they call up kmart and say they just sold the last one too. :cry: (Was hoping they wouldn't call but oh well.) I told them I was just in their store and had 3 on the shelf, but BB blew me off. I drive back to kmart and now they have one left in the case. I bought it but it wasn't cool they lied about it.:cry: Can't really do anything about it...at least I got the bundle.

You have options. Go take your receipt to BB and have them PM that. Then go return the Kmart one. This was going to be my plan but I called to see if they had stock at my Kmart and no luck. I am not going to drive there to confirm (the Kmart employees are lazy and borderline incompetent) as it is completely out of my way. Plus if I PM at BB (I have giftcards to use also) I would have to drive back to Kmart and do a return.
NowPlaying: BF3, RFG, Disgaea3
Latest Plat: Lego HP 1-4