63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#32 sabin1001

sabin1001

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:58 PM

After bathing in an onsen in Japan, I had a young man tell me both that he liked my body and he loved me. I followed the advice from Wayne's World and just said "thank you" and high tailed it to my room. A bit freaky, but not enough to turn me off of the awesomeness of onsens. That and that happened 1 out of the 10 or so times I used an onsen, so I figured it's not exactly a common occurrence.

#33 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

Uh oh...does that mean I need to become Japanese for it to be less weird?

#34 dreamparacite

dreamparacite

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:57 PM

Another great cast and as usual I finished it in one day :applause: I'm glad Wombat followed through and found a way to shoehorn that last "Getting it on-sen" in. The dedication to bad jokes is impressive :D

#35 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:53 PM

Lol @ Wombat - i hate all modern final fantasies, you know, like ff7.'
ummm ff7 came out 14 years ago...?

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#36 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:32 AM

If you were to divide the FF series between old and modern, the logical spot would be the transition from 2D to 3D. I'd call FF 7 one of the 'modern' ones as well.

#37 nateeasy29

nateeasy29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:35 AM

Seems like every time I go to return something to Redbox I get stuck behind someone who is taking 10-15 minutes to pick a movie.

#38 skadave

skadave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:09 AM

I don't know which gave me the heebie jeebies more, Cheapy's spider story or the mental image of him chubbing up and trimming his pubes.

#39 willc23

willc23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:38 AM

Going to have to concur with Wombat on the RE4HD controls. Wow. I am really struggling remapping my brain. I at least didn't get killed by the first person, but boy was I slow taking him down. I am not ashamed to say that this was my favorite game on the Wii and in my opinion the Wii control scheme is a perfect fit for this game. Going to be tough to finish this one like I did on the Wii.
Posted Image

#40 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:36 AM

Holy moley! If I saw that spider around here I'd freak out. I don't mind spiders, but any pest of that size would make me uneasy.

By the way, you guys should remind the listeners to cancel their 2-week Audible trials before they expire if they don't want to be charged monthly or whatever.

#41 skadave

skadave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:25 PM

Despite having TMBG's music in the show, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse has to be the most soulless/joyless children's television show around. Throw in the horrible gibberish (Miska-Mooska, Toodles, Mouska-Whatever) and it becomes unbearable.

#42 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:44 PM

Despite having TMBG's music in the show, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse has to be the most soulless/joyless children's television show around. Throw in the horrible gibberish (Miska-Mooska, Toodles, Mouska-Whatever) and it becomes unbearable.

I agree. I hate that Tai likes it. Even the CG animation is incredibly bland. I'm trying to get him over to some PBS shows like Super Why, which at least have some educational value.

#43 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:14 PM

On the Street Fighter pronunciations... I remember Cheapy going on about how it bothered him the way people pronounced RYU incorrectly. Then explaining how one should say it, in his super serious, but not really serious at all manner.

Anyway, that memory came to me and made me laugh when you guys brought up Mr. Z again this time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#44 iwannadie

iwannadie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:00 PM

So, to put the japanese spider to scale. The volume of the giant spider would be how many % smaller than the Vita?

Put some shoes on and go stomp on the spider, it's not going to kill you. Then call the poor japanese onsen women to come clean up the spider goo and boast your manhood while she does.
Posted Image

#45 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:54 PM

i was just joking on wombat calling ff7 modern. it's just that i have 4 kids, but I was 13 when ff7 came out, just to put most listeners ages into perspective. FF7 was one of the first rpgs I really enjoyed.

and wow! RE4, i was a rockstar back in the day, tearing that game up. I got re4 on psn and yeah, even just that first battle and the village battle was deadly. I thought this would be an easy trophy game. It's also crazy that xbox360 gets 1000points which is equivalent to a platinum, but ps3 only gets a few trophies equal to a psn game. even this elemental monster card and v8 psn games i got for less than a few dollars have plats. ugh. fail. oh wellz

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#46 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:54 AM

VOLUME is an almost worthless spec when talking portability of a handheld system. Something being twice as thick doesn't make it twice as cumbersome. Length and width (and weight for bigger tech like tablets) are way more important.

So Cheapy, you're right. Shipwreck is crazy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I play Halo 3, Rainbow Six, SSBB, Carcassonne, Worms, others online. PM me to play SSBB, send friend request to play Xbox Live.

#47 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:06 AM

One of the reasons people love Netflix streaming and mail in DVD is when something isn't on streaming you can fall back on the DVD.

Wireless HDMI already exists

Wireless Power:

Edited by Mahoney07, 25 September 2011 - 07:43 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I play Halo 3, Rainbow Six, SSBB, Carcassonne, Worms, others online. PM me to play SSBB, send friend request to play Xbox Live.

#48 ryogahibiki

ryogahibiki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:11 AM

I went to Japan once when I was about 10 yrs old and I was running through a garden path when I stopped at the last second before I ran into a huge spider web that completely blocked the path. In the middle of the web I saw the biggest fucking spider ever. It was as big as my head! I stared at it in horror for a second and then ran away!

I've never been back to Japan.

#49 skadave

skadave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:58 AM

Shipwreck. . . when was the last time you put a portable gaming device in your pocket? I don't recall ever doing that.

FYI: A regular DS-Lite wouldn't fit in a child's pocket either, they have little pockets (cause they're little).

#50 Excast

Excast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:27 PM

Audiobook is now the sponsor instead of godaddy?

Did they spend too much time hunting elephants and couldn't afford it anymore?

#51 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:25 PM

Shipwreck. . . when was the last time you put a portable gaming device in your pocket? I don't recall ever doing that.

FYI: A regular DS-Lite wouldn't fit in a child's pocket either, they have little pockets (cause they're little).

I routinely carry a 3DS in my pocket or at the very least have an iPhone in my pocket.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#52 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:17 PM

"Is that a 3DS in Shipwreck's pocket, or is he just pleased to see me?".

The PSV is big enough that I don't think anyone will want to put one in their pocket, especially if it's inside a case. And I certainly wouldn't risk scratching the OLED screen by trying to jam a Vita down my pants without it being protected.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#53 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:27 PM

Cheapy, love the podcast always have.

Wombat, you tend to be annoying. Like for example, when you did that annoying hum when Cheapy did the Go Daddy commercial pitch. Do stop that.

Shipwreck, awesome! Love the reviews and opinion you have on games. How in the hell do you play all these games with a full time job, wife, house, etc? Do you finish all the games you review?

#54 Davestation

Davestation

Dont Cross The Streams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:29 AM

I routinely carry a 3DS in my pocket or at the very least have an iPhone in my pocket.

3DS and an iphone in your pocket? With the Vita I'm sure you can bring the fanny pack back into style shipwreck!!
[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG][IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG]

#55 MikeydCT

MikeydCT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:55 AM

When does the spider talk end? after i heard about the a spider in the bathroom i stopped listening. Yesterday I had to mow the lawn but didnt happen due to a huge spider on the mower. I don't blame Mrs. cheapy wanting to check out early.
I was froze today!

#56 ObiBen

ObiBen

Form Titan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:34 PM

Cheapy, I am right there with you when it comes to dealing with big spiders. Anyone who says they wouldn't be afraid of the spider that you described is a fucking liar. Great show as always guys, keep up the great work.

#57 JYOUNG188

JYOUNG188

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:53 PM

It was probably a huntsman spider aka ashidaka gumo. Looks like they're considered by many Japanese people as good bugs because they eat other insects and aren't poisonous. I still dont know if I'd be comfortable sharing a room with it though.

Posted Image

Fuck that! You would need a shovel to kill that thing! I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing that thing was in the room.
Posted Image

#58 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:02 PM

I agree. I hate that Tai likes it. Even the CG animation is incredibly bland. I'm trying to get him over to some PBS shows like Super Why, which at least have some educational value.

Also agree on this one. Both my kids love it. But Cheapy and others, it can always be worse...your kids could enjoy Caiilou and Dora the Explorer. Caiilou is this little sissy who cries and whines, and Dora's animation and plot is somewhere between stick figures and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

Dora: "We're going to climb a tall mountain-it's called Tall Mountain. Then we're going to cross the wet river. It's called Wet River. Vamanos!"

And someone explain to me why "Map" is an 80 year old Jew from New York.

SuperWhy is a good one, I like the Backyardigans, and Franklin is tolerable.

#59 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:29 AM

Hey Cheapy….I don't buy your friend's opinion that the reason why the 360 isn't doing well in japan is because the original Xbox failed in Japan so badly that it continues to taint the appeal of the 360 as well.

Granted the original massive 'duke' controllers were too large for the J market, but it turns out they were too large for the US and EU market as well, given that the smaller revamped controllers developed for Japan after their poor reception of the duke controllers were ultimately used to replace the duke controllers worldwide.

As for the size of the xbox itself, yes it was bigger and far less elegant than the PS2, but if a boat anchor like the original PS3 can make it in Japan, I don't know if console size is really that much of an issue in the grand scheme of things.

As for games, SEGA and Tecmo were heavily invested in the Xbox, so it also wasn't a complete lack of J developer support that doomed the xbox in Japan, although some of the bigger firms like Capcom and Konami were were fairly tepid in their support or came out with things like Namco's Xbox exclusive First Person Puncher Breakdown…a game that failed to attract the interest of hardly anyone in BOTH Japan and the US.

I think it was simply a case that most J folks were happy enough with the PS2 offerings (likely in no short order due to the large number of PS2 exclusives) and what the Xbox had to offer (a lot of FPS type games) wasn't that compelling to the average J gamer. J gamers really liked the PS1, and they really liked the PS2, so I think most J gamers felt no need to change things up and decided that, of course, the PS3 was the way to go in this current generation. The 360 had a much more J friendly style and fairly strong software (and a much better software assortment in the first 24 months than the PS3 as well) involvement and it still it got no traction in Japan. The biggest obstacle the 360 has in Japan, in my opinion, is that is simply does not have the word playstation on it.

And on completely separate topic, while the food in Japan can be amazing, you are missing out some top notch USA food science on display in this Transformers themed Hostess snack product…..Snowballimus Optimus Prime

#60 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:09 AM

Cheapy, I am right there with you when it comes to dealing with big spiders. Anyone who says they wouldn't be afraid of the spider that you described is a fucking liar. Great show as always guys, keep up the great work.

Does your signature really need to be one long column? Try putting a couple of your images next to each other horizontally.