Newegg: PS3/360 Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition - $19.99

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#61 XenoNinjaX

XenoNinjaX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:43 PM

Can gold and regular edition owners play together minus dlc, or are they on different servers?

#62 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:48 PM

Can gold and regular edition owners play together minus dlc, or are they on different servers?

They can play together.

#63 sweetg1223

sweetg1223

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

Thanks OP! Picked up a PS3 copy. Been waiting on this one to drop for a while.

sgonzalez5.png

#64 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:06 PM

ah forgot one thing:
i hear you have to unlock the DLC for the ps3 even though its on the disc.. i can live with that, as long as i have a physical copy and not a lame coe, but Can you use the outfits from day 1? I want that sheeva outfit!!!

#65 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:10 PM

ah forgot one thing:
i hear you have to unlock the DLC for the ps3 even though its on the disc.. i can live with that, as long as i have a physical copy and not a lame coe, but Can you use the outfits from day 1? I want that sheeva outfit!!!

No, you have to unlock the outfits. The Tribal outfit will probably be the last one you unlock. It's the same for the 360 version. It's more of a reward for finishing the game and shooting all the BSAA emblems. I didn't unlock it until my third playthrough, I think.. but I wasn't actively looking for the BSAA emblems until that point.

#66 Buuhan1

Buuhan1

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:34 PM

I hope Amazon price matches this...

http://www.youtube.com/KyleFedora

Posted Image
Backloggery

I'm 34 years old, and damned it, I want my freaking half-undressed anime chick.

In for 12 to afford a dozen roses for my body pillow Kimiko.

#67 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:14 PM

Well i sent the price match request to amazon, lets see if they do...
Posted Image

#68 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:36 PM

Damn, I've been wanting to play a good survival horror game but can't decide if I want this one.

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png
I'm looking for co-op buddies on XBOX Live and Steam! PM me!

#69 Chilly Chill

Chilly Chill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:01 PM

Damn, I've been wanting to play a good survival horror game but can't decide if I want this one.

You'll be disappointed with this if you want a survival horror. Thats not to say its a bad game but its not survival horror. Resident Evil is more action oriented now. For this price though I would snag this.

#70 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:04 PM

You'll be disappointed with this if you want a survival horror. Thats not to say its a bad game but its not survival horror. Resident Evil is more action oriented now. For this price though I would snag this.

This. RE hasn't been about survival horror since the 2nd, maybe 3rd game. It certainly hasn't been about zombies since then =P

Still its a decent action game with survival elements in it from what i played. Im definatly planning on snagging one im just still on the fence between the ps3 and 360 version, and waiting for amazon to PM. Think im gonna get the PS3 version at this point just because of the DLC not being on the disc for the 360 =(

#71 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:12 PM

You think amazon will price match? I have a lot of credit I want to use

#72 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:49 PM

Thanks man

Edited by HeSaveDave, 22 September 2011 - 11:32 PM.
thanks man

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png

#73 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:51 PM

This. RE hasn't been about survival horror since the 2nd, maybe 3rd game. It certainly hasn't been about zombies since then =P

What about poor old Code Veronica? :cry:

#74 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:20 PM

I dled the dlc on PSN when it was on sale. And honestly, the extra content wasn't worth the money the extra costumes and 2 extra missions were 'meh' at best.

I personally would recommend to just get the regular version at cheap. Because you're gonna get most of the game on just regular edition.

#75 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:23 PM

I dled the dlc on PSN when it was on sale. And honestly, the extra content wasn't worth the money the extra costumes and 2 extra missions were 'meh' at best.

I personally would recommend to just get the regular version at cheap. Because you're gonna get most of the game on just regular edition.

While I agree with you for the 360 version, I think anyone that's getting it for PS3 and enjoys Move controls should buy the Gold Edition. Capcom only enabled move support for the GE.

#76 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:36 AM

Hopefully the PS3 version won't sell out by the morning.

#77 Lord Mandrake

Lord Mandrake

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:14 AM

Just picked this up on amazon for $16.06

#78 Buuhan1

Buuhan1

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:29 AM

Just picked this up on amazon for $16.06

You picked up the regular edition, this is the Gold edition. Anyways, Amazon price-matched: http://www.amazon.co...16748220&sr=1-1

http://www.youtube.com/KyleFedora

Posted Image
Backloggery

I'm 34 years old, and damned it, I want my freaking half-undressed anime chick.

In for 12 to afford a dozen roses for my body pillow Kimiko.

#79 Lord Mandrake

Lord Mandrake

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:54 AM

You picked up the regular edition, this is the Gold edition. Anyways, Amazon price-matched: http://www.amazon.co...16748220&sr=1-1

Thanks, canceled my order. Now I need to figure out how to fix that thread I started.

#80 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:16 AM

I hope they match the 360 version

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png

#81 HelloThere

HelloThere

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:17 AM

They haven't price matched the xbox version >:( Any idea how I can contact Amazon to get it price matched, if possible.

#82 HelloThere

HelloThere

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:22 AM

Actually, it may be because amazon is out of stock of the 360 version.

#83 htown01

htown01

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:25 AM

Awesome, thanks for the heads up on the Amazon PM Buuhan :) Picked up a copy.

#84 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:48 AM

hmm i'll flip through that head 2 head. lens of truth is iffy though. This works with the move? wtf? really? Didn't this come out WAY before the move?

That's what I thought, lol. I remember the initial copy didn't have the Move Support Logo on it.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#85 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:20 AM

well alright, looks like waiting payed off. Amazon did PM it. For 20 bucks i'll get 2 copies for system link co op... before i do though, it DOES support system link co-op right? For PS3? ive never done system link with the ps3 but id assume it works like the 360

*edit* hmm finding some posts on gamefaqs and stuff that seem to indicate the ps3 version DOESN'T do system link.. well, damn. Can anyone verify that? If so then i dunno what version to get. 360 does system link but I wont have the extras for real, just DLC which is fail, and the ps3 has the DLC on the disk as it should but indications are it doesn't do system link, which is the whole thing i wanted

#86 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:34 AM

Already have the 360 non-gold version, debating pickup the the PS3 Gold for Move support. Thoughts? $15 was more my price point; I think Newegg had that briefly a while back, before I had the Move bits.

#87 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:42 AM

Already have the 360 non-gold version, debating pickup the the PS3 Gold for Move support. Thoughts? $15 was more my price point; I think Newegg had that briefly a while back, before I had the Move bits.

I haven't seen it for much cheaper than this and the Move support is great, so I'd go for it. There's always the possibility it'll be cheaper on Black Friday though.

#88 ZildjianKX

ZildjianKX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:43 AM

How boring is this to play single player and not co-op?

#89 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:45 AM

How boring is this to play single player and not co-op?

Honestly, co-op and the online multiplayer is where this game really shines. Singleplayer is boring but it's still fun to play through. The AI partner may piss you off though lol.

#90 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:40 AM

PS3 ver sold out from Amazon LLC

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)