KmartGamer 7.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8495 replies to this topic

#8401 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:00 AM

There is no such thing as KMart clearance. There used to be, before the SHC gamer found/exploited this site. Now you pay stupid prices for old/out of print games.

It's the clearance cycles in gaming that has actually led to a severe decline in support for the gaming business at Kmart.

I know you will never understand how a P&L works for a corporation or what my motivations were for being here but regardless your rudeness never ceases to surprise me.

#8402 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:02 AM

I agree with you Maineavalanche with the recent news that came out, but back then I didn't know this was coming. I still can't comprehend how a company with 1300 stores doesn't have a backup plan/person to know how to operate when the head guy goes out. It would seem to me that this would be how everything operates when the head of something goes out. That is why we have assistant managers, assistant coaches, assistant everything.

Wait until I am not here at all, I'm the only one that even used savings coupons really in hard lines. Sux that it feels all the momentum we had going into this holiday has been so abruptly derailed.

#8403 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:05 AM

I'll be making a decision very soon, hopefully everyone will still be cool with me posting just as a gamer looking for deals and not making them.

Best of luck in 2012 Josh; with whatever that may be!

#8404 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:10 AM

Wait intil I am not here at all, I'm the only one that even used savings coupons really in hard lines.

It baffles me how people sell a few things on eBay/Craigslist and they think they know how to run a major department of a national retail chain.

Thanks for taking the shot, Josh. You seem like the kind of person who will be successful at whatever you do. Selfishly, I hope that's with Kmart.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#8405 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:12 AM

Best of luck in 2012 Josh; with whatever that may be!

Very kind bud, I could use a better year that's for sure :)

#8406 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:14 AM

This is somewhat off-topic, but has anyone ever had luck buying an Amazon or BBY gift card at Kmart or Sears using a Sears gift card?

I'm sorry for this difficulty you're going through, Josh; I know I speak for most, if not all, of us when I say that your efforts will not be forgotten. Depending on your decision, I have to use the $15 coupon from Skyrim last week on something before it expires.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/13]: :vita: Limbo (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#8407 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:19 AM

This is somewhat off-topic, but has anyone ever had luck buying an Amazon or BBY gift card at Kmart or Sears using a Sears gift card?

I'm sorry for this difficulty you're going through, Josh; I know I speak for most, if not all, of us when I say that your efforts will not be forgotten. Depending on your decision, I have to use the $15 coupon from Skyrim last week on something before it expires.

Truly appreciated, really.

#8408 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:21 AM

It's the clearance cycles in gaming that has actually led to a severe decline in support for the gaming business at Kmart.

I know you will never understand how a P&L works for a corporation or what my motivations were for being here but regardless your rudeness never ceases to surprise me.

Josh, you assume he even knows what P&L stands for. :lol:

Don't worry about the roaches and the rats, most of us understood the uphill battle you were fighting. And if gone was the ability to pay $5 for xblades, then so be it.

This site is lousy with morons* who only view the world from their moth hole ridden empty wallets and could never see what is necessary to run... well... anything. But like most things, the morons usually are the most vocal so you got a lot of flack. Still, you have fans in this thread because we understood you worked hard to turn things around and a lot of the issues were beyond your control.

Good luck to you in 2012. You did your best in 2011. And if that makes me the ultimate kmart fan boy, then so be it as well.

*on the flip side, there's some good CAGs here and to those good CAGs, I wish a happy new year as well.

It baffles me how people sell a few things on eBay/Craigslist and they think they know how to run a major department of a national retail chain.

Thanks for taking the shot, Josh. You seem like the kind of person who will be successful at whatever you do. Selfishly, I hope that's with Kmart.

I wouldn't trust some of these people to be in charge of the porta-potties at a park.

As for Josh being successful somewhere other than Kmart, that wouldn't be such a bad thing if you think about it. Imagine what damage he could do at a good company like Target.

Edited by confoosious, 01 January 2012 - 04:33 AM.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#8409 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:40 AM

I'll be making a decision very soon, hopefully everyone will still be cool with me posting just as a gamer looking for deals and not making them.

Doesn't sound promising for the Kmart deals, but you seem like an amazing and extremely hard working guy, and no matter what you do or where you go just remember that no matter what, you've always given 110% and then some and that's truly all that matters. If you're not with SHC in the future it's nothing but their loss.

You've given us all some amazing deals that other retailers couldn't come close to. If I were in any position to hire you to do what you've done I wouldn't hesitate to beg for the opportunity.

#8410 arcadegamer

arcadegamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:36 AM

i just yesterday went one my local kmart to use my $20 coupon from zelda i got starfox3d for 3DS cause no mario kart and did also look in the other of the store and bought a cool new coat for 60$ off iwhich didnt go they for.
Posted Image

#8411 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:45 AM

Doesn't sound promising for the Kmart deals, but you seem like an amazing and extremely hard working guy, and no matter what you do or where you go just remember that no matter what, you've always given 110% and then some and that's truly all that matters. If you're not with SHC in the future it's nothing but their loss.

You've given us all some amazing deals that other retailers couldn't come close to. If I were in any position to hire you to do what you've done I wouldn't hesitate to beg for the opportunity.

+1:applause:
Josh, definitely appreciate all the effort you put into the Kmartgamer program. It got me and several others to shop at Kmart again. I hadn't been in one for several years until you started the deals and prior to that, i hadn't been inside a Kmart since the first big round of closures back in the 90's.

Best of luck to you. And realize you did the best you could in spite of those so-called leaders. I'm pretty familiar with what you most likely had to deal with, only in spin-off industry from the once all powerful Company. The perverse logic that essentially crippled Sears got carried over to the company where I was at by the "rats that jumped ship".

Always fought against the tide and did what was right for the customer until, TC made it so I couldn't help any more. That's the point when I left. And if you can believe it, I got out at a good time. Seems to have gotten worse since then#-o. At least that's what I'm told by those that are still there.

#8412 crax

crax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:48 AM

Sorry to hear you are / may be leaving. Although, I think we all know where Kmart & Sears are headed. Exactly how do the fewer stores that remain open intend to increase sales from the prior year? I don't see how they will compete with similar stores that have more market share but whatever. I've enjoyed shopping at Kmart for the most part for games though I echo some of what's been said here, especially that I often have to scour the store to find an employee to ring me up.

Now as for this quote I just wanted to share the Kmart I usually visit has clearance games, right up front. Except, one time I was looking at those and this teenage employee came over and said "Don't bother, I already bought all the good stuff." So if other readers, like me, fail to find decent games on clearance this may be one explanation.

#8413 Midnight Express

Midnight Express

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:59 AM

I've spent thousands of dollars at Kmart (a lot on non-gaming items) over the past year or so. Call me a fanboy but I have never seen one person make such a difference and actually try to connect with buyers like you have. I can truly say before you started putting out the deals I never went to Kmart and if you stop, I'll surely stop since you are the only one trying.

I realize losing your dad, having to work with such limited resources and trying to please CAG's made for a long year but I hope 2012 will be better for you. Good luck, keep posting...

#8414 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:36 AM

I've heard this happening before, and it's typically because that coupon's already been used. Since you already tried to use both, perhaps the cashier handed back to you the one that was already used and threw away the one that scanned but was rejected.

I know that's not the case because I was afraid that I could use both at once when I originally tried to use both, I handed her one first, she scanned it and slipped it into the register slot thing. Then I handed over the second one that was rejected and she handed it back to me.

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#8415 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:45 AM

One of us! One of us!

Hope whatever happens, you do well man. It's a shame about the whole KmartGamer site, with what sounds like support crumbling inside the company. I got to sit in on the phone-based focus group they did, and there were some really good ideas there. A site or two have been playing with basic, single concepts, but no one put them together like was described. If you strike out for greener pastures, I hope you can eventually get something like that done. Very clever stuff.

Best of luck to you. Been a big fan of these deals since about the time I joined CAG (I think I joined specifically because of these) so just a thanks for some great deals. :bouncy:
Posted Image

#8416 blahtastic

blahtastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:22 AM

Man, this totally sucks, man. Josh, you'll always be welcome here...regardless of whether or not you post deals or not.

As a former hater of KMart, you've really changed my perception of that store (although, if you leave, it'll probably be changed back haha). Anyways, I think one of the reason why all of us like you so much is because you were always "one of the guys". Now, you'll truly be one of us. Wish for the best for you but please do keep us updated with the direction your life leads you to. :)

#8417 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:29 AM

Going to miss all of the great deals from K-Mart if they go away, good luck Josh in what you do if you decide to not go forward.

#8418 jbuck138

jbuck138

Wario for President!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:52 AM

I appreciate/appreciated all the hard work you have done to help us. My store may have frustrated me at times, but I kept going back for the awesome deals. It caused me to spend money at Kmart that otherwise would be spent at other stores closer to home.

#8419 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:58 AM

Whatever you decide and whatever happens, you're going to land on your feet; that's just karma.

You've done nothing but help us out repeatedly, and I'm not even talking about the deals.. you went above and beyond for me personally a number of times and I did what I could to support your efforts, even when realistically I should have just gone elsewhere. What you did for me and others here went far beyond just good deals on new releases.

You've got the talent to make big things happen -- I don't doubt that you're going to land a better position elsewhere and get the funding and support you deserve. Like mentioned elsewhere, you've got the business savvy and the contacts that you're going to have a presence in the industry for a long time to come. Hell, for the beginning few months K-Mart was one of the only stores having sales on these games, so if anything you brought about a new age of retail competitiveness everyone benefits from.

Like Confoosius said, imagine what you could do at Target or Wal-Mart? Or even Gamestop?

Hell, look at how many gaming reps we get here now since your arrival (like the Amazon digital distribution rep) -- you pretty much started a whole new way to connect to your customers.

Just know that while I never liked K-Mart as a chain, and was vocal about it, I very much had respect for you -- but you know this. Things are looking down now but they will bounce back for you, I believe that. If anything, K-Mart was holding you back.

Look at all the recent posts here -- this goes far beyond just "thanks for the money savings and good deals." You definitely made an impact.

Don't stay at K-Mart if it makes you unhappy, or because you feel like you will let everyone down; do what is going to be best for you. Personally, I think its a move away from K-Mart, as the company doesn't look to have changed at all since I worked here ten years ago and it still seems like the same soul-sucking, spirit crushing place its always been. You deserve better.

Edited by animalspinners, 01 January 2012 - 09:13 AM.

#8420 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:04 AM

Man. Well that's rough. I hope Kmart and Josh wind up working out. I got many solid deals at launch for games I needed to be able to play on day one, and a person to go to when the deal didn't work out as it should. It was really nice to have a direct contact.

Best of luck to ya, Josh, wherever 2012 takes you.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#8421 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

This will be a big loss to kmart and the game publishers, if Josh leaves. I only go to kmart to buy newly release games, and to support josh's efforts. His deals have made me stop buying used games and to also buy new games on release date. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors josh.

#8422 JoeCamNet

JoeCamNet

Broke ass loser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:52 AM

Very kind bud, I could use a better year that's for sure :)

Man, I feel ya on that statement.

If nothing else, know that I went from a guy who occasionally browsed Kmart when he had nothing else to do to somebody who made Kmart his primary shopping location solely based on what you did for all of us here on CAG and how well you treated everybody.
It would be a goddamn shame if Kmart were to let you slip away from them, but that would be their loss. Given how you gave the entire gaming sales world a gigantic shot in the arm with the coupons and offers, I don't think it'd be long before somebody else scooped you up to work with them were you to decide to leave SHC.
Part of me hopes you remain with Kmart since you personally have turned me into a Kmart shopper, but know this, my dollar will follow you no matter where you go. You have earned my loyalty as a customer.

Thanks for everything you've done for us, Josh, and I hope you stick around to do even more for us in 2012.
If nothing else, we really gotta play something on Xbox Live on of these months. :D
If you love video games and if you love music, you NEED to check out
Posted Image
And if you order the CD you can even rub your balls on it!

#8423 atlantis

atlantis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

Closing down stores in Toledo is a blessing. The one on Reynolds was a disaster.

The reason I only shop at Kmart is because of the deals. I have been humiliated many times as a customer and I feel belittled every time I am forced to walk into one of their stores. Not to mention spending five minutes hunting someone down in ghost aisles because the electronics department is constantly unmanned.

So do we know for sure if this is the end of coupons and other Kmart deals?

#8424 atlantis

atlantis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

Also, will there be a deal on SWTOR? I missed the launch deal.

#8425 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

Josh, you assume he even knows what P&L stands for. :lol:

It stands for profit and loss. ;) Which apparently the higher ups at Kmart don't pay much attention to as long as they get their big yearly compensation packages. Otherwise the chain might not be back in this same situation again.

Don't worry about the roaches and the rats, most of us understood the uphill battle you were fighting. And if gone was the ability to pay $5 for xblades, then so be it.

Roaches? Rats? We love you too, Confooshits old buddy.;) I still do not see why both the old clearance type of schedule AND the newer gaming deals SHC-Gamer was trying to implement couldn't have co-existed. Yes. There is no money to be made from selling something the chain likely paid $40 or so for for $5 or less.

But the alternative is a cluttered/messy game case that no one can find anything in that turns away the shoppers who may try going to Kmart looking for that newer title and have to dig through hundreds of older ones to get to it.

This site is lousy with morons* who only view the world from their moth hole ridden empty wallets and could never see what is necessary to run... well... anything. But like most things, the morons usually are the most vocal so you got a lot of flack. Still, you have fans in this thread because we understood you worked hard to turn things around and a lot of the issues were beyond your control.

As much as I hate this statement, since other CAG's have used it on me when decrying my pricing on games I had on my trade list. I joined CAG for CHEAP game deals. Paying retail for a game(especially with cash), unless I'm paying with gaming credit from game trades or it's a title/series I will actually pay MSRP for(GTA, for example) is a ludicrous concept to me at this point after years of paying $10 or sometimes under for games.

As for Josh being successful somewhere other than Kmart, that wouldn't be such a bad thing if you think about it. Imagine what damage he could do at a good company like Target.

To this all I have to say is:

If anything, let him go to Wally World, who needs to learn what a gaming deal actually means.
Spoiler

Anyway, all that aside....Good luck in your future endeavours Josh. Your deals may not have been the kinda deals I came to enjoy from Kmart, but thankfully ya let up on Sears so I at least got that place back for clearance....for now.;):booty:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#8426 Maineavalanche

Maineavalanche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

I got a lot of great deals from Kmart thanks to Josh and his team, but more importantly, I got fairly quick, reasonable responses to any problems or questions I had. It was great to have an actual gamer in charge of most these deals, someone who thought how we think and knows (for the most part) what games people are interested in. If this is the end, I thank you for everything you've done and everything you tried to do, Josh. I truly hope that if things do not work out, that you catch on with someone else and put your ideas to work.

#8427 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

Kmart got a lot of my money last year. I'd buy games for the deals and my family would buy other things while we were there, so it was a win win for both us and Kmart. Thanks for great deals.

#8428 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:42 PM

But the alternative is a cluttered/messy game case that no one can find anything in that turns away the shoppers who may try going to Kmart looking for that newer title and have to dig through hundreds of older ones to get to it.

Just because clearance isn't was it used to be doesn't mean the stores have to be cluttered messes now. My local stores are pretty well organized. Newer titles are in the cases and games $19.99 and less are on racks.

I have been to stores that were complete chaos, but that's more of a reflection of the department manager and employees who don't seem to give a Fuck. My impression would be that the department would be mess even if clearance games were <$5.

Face it, CAGs want cheap games for one reason: themselves. I don't have a problem with that. I'm a selfish person too. We just need to quit with the altruistic bullshit of "Hey man, just let us buy these games for dirt cheap and we'll be helping you out. Your stores will be cleaner, better organized and more profitable if you do. Trust me."
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#8429 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

Just because clearance isn't was it used to be doesn't mean the stores have to be cluttered messes now. My local stores are pretty well organized. Newer titles are in the cases and games $19.99 and less are on racks.

I have been to stores that were complete chaos, but that's more of a reflection of the department manager and employees who don't seem to give a Fuck. My impression would be that the department would be mess even if clearance games were <$5.

Face it, CAGs want cheap games for one reason: themselves. I don't have a problem with that. I'm a selfish person too. We just need to quit with the altruistic bullshit of "Hey man, just let us buy these games for dirt cheap and we'll be helping you out. Your stores will be cleaner, better organized and more profitable if you do. Trust me."

Who said I was being altruistic in repeating the 'let us buy cheap games' thing. I admit I'm a greedy/selfish bastard.:lol:;)

But I must admit that the local Kmarts have really cleaned up their cases in the same way yours did, where the $19.99 and under are on racks outside of the main game cases. So they're really not that messy anymore, but I still do see a ton of older titles in those stores.:cry: It makes me sad to think that just 3-4 years ago those older games woulda been $5 or under by now, yet there they sit at $20 or higher still.:-#

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#8430 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:03 PM

It makes me sad to think that just 3-4 years ago those older games woulda been $5 or under by now, yet there they sit at $20 or higher still.:-#

Yeah, my stores recently set up tables by the registers with clearance signs for games $19.99 and less. The $14.99 games seem to sell pretty well as the stacks have gone down dramatically over the past few months. AC/DC still gets no love, though.