KmartGamer 7.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8495 replies to this topic

#8491 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:24 PM

Back to this thread. Is Kmart going to have any deals moving forward? This thread has become some what of a joke and the topic of Kmart's future has distracted everyone from focusing on Kmart currently. If Kmart isn't going to have gaming deals moving forward I'd like to know NOW. I respect Josh and truly do admire what he has done but I feel like he owes it to use to let us know what is going to be going on in January if anything.

I had to burn my coupons that ended on 12/31 on PSN cards. I have a few more that end on 1/14 as well as some Kmart Gift Cards and SYWR points. If Kmart doesn't have anything planned in the next two weeks I'd appreciate it if that could be shared so I can figure out what I want to do with my coupons and gift cards/points.

Edit: And before anyone jumps on me for using the "Kmart/Josh owes" us line, normally I'd agree however if Kmart decides to bail on the gaming coupon program and weekly deals (I'm sure that wouldn't be SHC-Gamer's decision) I feel like we should be informed.

Edited by shrike4242, 04 January 2012 - 05:30 PM.

#8492 AdamTen

AdamTen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:51 PM

Stop feeding the trolls.

#8493 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

At least IATCG is finally honest about his feelings and intentions instead of couching it in bullshit and pretending otherwise. Maybe he'll finally stop begging for that trade-in program now.

Let me be perfectly frank here for a moment. Yes. I didn't like when SHC-Gamer first joined CAG and stopped the clearance cycle that I had become accustomed to getting cheap games from(both to play and resell/trade in).

Would I wish them ill and that they lose their job in the hopes that things would go back to how they used to be? Maybe in the beginning, but now I would not wish for someone to lose their job in this crappy economy.

I have always tried to be honest about how I feel, but over the last year I've had to sugarcoat things and self edit my posts because I was told I was on the verge of being banned for 'being a douche' to other members.

Yet I still see folks like Confoosious(and others) doing the exact same things as I was(but maybe with a lil less colorful vocabulary thrown in;)) with no noticeable repercussions to their status here on CAG. It kinda makes you feel as if there's more than a lil favoritism on here.

But all that aside, I do still wish that Kmart(and Sears) could find a way to stay afloat. However, with the course they're on now I don't see that happening at all.

As for begging for the game trade program to get started, the reason I was hoping it would've come out of beta was to be able to trade in games to get credit to use at Kmart/Sears. Then I would've likely supported the gaming deals that SHC and crew were implementing. But paying $50-60 in real money for games after waiting for clearance cycles to get games cheap and/or using tons of cheaply made Gamestop/Best Buy credit to get the games you wanted didn't make good financial sense to me.

Moreover, the limitation on the coupons(only towards other games/gaming products as opposed to a general $$ off coupon)themselves made them less and less attractive to me as well. Not everybody wants to have to keep buying games month after month, but with these coupons if you didn't use them you lost them.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#8494 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

Two quick things: one, logic dictates that given the financial situation they were in, the gravy train of insane Sears clearance was going to end sooner rather than later, no matter who was put in charge of the gaming department. Josh was the person who ended it, presumably, but I find it more than probable that any other business-minded person would do the same if they wanted to stem the red ink. It just makes sense given the way things are going for Sears. All things being equal, if it wasn't Josh, it probably would've been someone else. That's my pragmatic view of it.

Two, while I appreciate your tonally neutral reply, you did avoid addressing whether or not you actually sent that message. If you did, that kinda invalidates everything you've said about not wishing him ill (or not understanding why you might get attention from On High for what you say.)
Posted Image

#8495 atlantis

atlantis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:14 PM

Back to this thread. Is Kmart going to have any deals moving forward? This thread has become some what of a joke and the topic of Kmart's future has distracted everyone from focusing on Kmart currently. If Kmart isn't going to have gaming deals moving forward I'd like to know NOW. I respect Josh and truly do admire what he has done but I feel like he owes it to use to let us know what is going to be going on in January if anything.

I had to burn my coupons that ended on 12/31 on PSN cards. I have a few more that end on 1/14 as well as some Kmart Gift Cards and SYWR points. If Kmart doesn't have anything planned in the next two weeks I'd appreciate it if that could be shared so I can figure out what I want to do with my coupons and gift cards/points.

Edit: And before anyone jumps on me for using the "Kmart/Josh owes" us line, normally I'd agree however if Kmart decides to bail on the gaming coupon program and weekly deals (I'm sure that wouldn't be SHC-Gamer's decision) I feel like we should be informed.

I want to know this as well. Josh, we really need some more information here. I am sitting on a 20$ gift card and all but one store has closed in my city.

I need to know if I should blow it on SWTOR or if I should wait until March for ME3 if there is a deal.

Edited by shrike4242, 04 January 2012 - 05:31 PM.

#8496 SHC-Gamer

SHC-Gamer

Kmart/Sears Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:17 PM

I am officially closing this thread and will not be creating a KmartGamer 8.0 at least for now.

I'll be taking another week off next week to gather some much needed perspective. I look forward to posting on CAG just as a regular gamer and actually get back to enjoying being a gamer.

Nothing has brought me more satisfaction and happiness professionally these past two years than being on CAG and getting to know you all. This is a truly wonderful community and any of the success we have gathered was in large part because of you all.

KmartGamer and this thread truly was meant to be something very original and fresh as it was completely unfettered by any corporate control and brought in many ways consumers and a retailer together in an interestsing way. I know many of you will always be suspcicious of my intentions but all I can say is that I am a better person today than when I first joined CAG and worked as hard as I could on your behalf.

Hopefully one day the KG thread will come back, whether I am here for it or not. Thank you so much for the wonderful support and kindness you all have given to me, it motivated me more so than you will ever realize.