Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (9/25/11 to 10/1/11) Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Deals

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#301 ryheeles

ryheeles

No days off

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:37 AM

Can you please explain on this deal?

Toys R Us stores have a $25 gift card with X-Men Destiny, and their website has it for $45. I was hoping I could pick it up in store and match the website pricing, but the ad says the games that come with gift cards are $59.99 to $79.99. It's definitely looking like an either or scenario, but I'll still try in the morning.

#302 metrostar

metrostar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:46 AM

Broadway and Houston. The cashier even went to check with a manager after the deal popped up. None of the current Disney faux steelbooks at that one though. Any NYCers see any that are awaiting me?

Here we go, Broadway and Houston Best Buy. I was denied by this store today too. This time was the manager who said no PM because I was using Reward Zone Certificates for my order. I never have success for PM in that store. I could say their staff are not helpful most time, even the game section people sometimes don't know their promos. If it's location is not convenient to me, I would never visit their store.

Union Square one also sucks. They denied me without evening asking the manager. The reason: Best Buy doesn't PM any bundle deal. I was angry and asked to file a complaint. They rang up the manager, but this guy told me that same BS. I just PMed a Wii Bundle there before, how could they change a policy less than a year? Called Customer Service hotline right away, confirmed no policy like that...

#303 phantomphoenix

phantomphoenix

Make It Loud!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:17 AM

So has anyone been able to pick up any Wii Nintendo Selects on the TRU BOGO $1.99?

I scanned Wii Sports and Punch-Out!! at the price checker. No mention of the Super Buys promotion that shows when actual Super Buys games are scanned. Didn't actually try to check out with them, but I am fairly certain it's a no go.

#304 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:39 AM

grabbed the ICO/GOW deal for $20off, after getting Driver SF with coupon.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#305 lakers2008

lakers2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:36 AM

what are the other 50 titles Target is offering buy 1 get 1 50% off. I am looking for Gears 3, Dead Island, Deus Ex and Resistance 3. Anybody have a list??
http://www.points2sh...?ref=lakers2008

Earn Cash, Win Call of Duty, Halo, NBA, NFL and every other game for Free. Yes, Free Check it out and see. It truly is free.

#306 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:48 AM

what are the other 50 titles Target is offering buy 1 get 1 50% off. I am looking for Gears 3, Dead Island, Deus Ex and Resistance 3. Anybody have a list??

Ha, I wish those were some of the titles included. The Target sale has almost no recently released titles as part of the sale. None of the four titles you are looking for are part of the sale. I wanted to pick up Star Fox and Kirby's Mass Attack but they weren't part of the sale either.

#307 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:52 AM

how did you do this?

This is a joke? Right..?

#308 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:34 AM

This is a joke? Right..?

kinda. i didn't see the /gow part when i skimmed the page and assumed he used driver as a trade in or something to knock more money off of ico

#309 NegativeZero

NegativeZero

CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:56 PM

No ico/sotc @ astor place!

http://zerofigures.wordpress.com

"He should have those magic b!tches all over his jock" - CheapyD, CagCast #168

#310 Luuc

Luuc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:06 PM

My local Best Buy was willing to price match K-Mart's $15 Ico/Shadows of the Colossus coupon, but when they called to check the game's availability, K-Mart said they didn't have any in stock. I was so close. :(

They also would've price matched the TRU $25 gift card for Dead Island, but that was also out of stock. Blargh! I'll try again later in the week. :/

#311 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:01 PM

I think I had a grand opportunity to hose best buy. I went in to price match Fifa from TRU. When I walked to the desk I said can I price match this, Toys r us is selling it cheaper. She asked me how much they were selling it for and I said $44.99. She said okay your total is $44.99, without even confirming whether or not I was lying. I probably could have said like $30 and she would have bit ahahaha.

I got racks up in my pocket racks up in my pocket

I got thots all in my phone callin me bitch stop it

1400 for this belt this aint no damn versace

and I smokin on this dope while I been gettin money

50s 100s 20s oh my goodness

I need my money machine to count this shit for me

#312 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:03 PM

Went to Best Buy and didn't see ICO/SOTC. Guy said they only had 4 copies and all were pre-ordered. Then went to another Best Buy and saw 3 copies of Ico/SoTc and ONE of GoW Origins. Phew, that was a close one! $65 for both after tax.. Hate Illinois -_-

Posted Image
"War? War never changes.."

#313 hobomatt

hobomatt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:06 PM

I think I had a grand opportunity to hose best buy. I went in to price match Fifa from TRU. When I walked to the desk I said can I price match this, Toys r us is selling it cheaper. She asked me how much they were selling it for and I said $44.99. She said okay your total is $44.99, without even confirming whether or not I was lying. I probably could have said like $30 and she would have bit ahahaha.

I also went to get this pricematched but they had updated the toys r us website back to the $59.99 price...but when I pulled it up on my phone the mobile website for toys r us still had it displayed for $45 which they let me pricematch, so I guess I lucked out

#314 trick1276

trick1276

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:26 PM

my toys r us price matched it's website for $44.99 on xmen destiny and also gave me the $25 gift card. no manager or anything, the cashier manually adjusted the price and then the register prompted him to do the gift card.

#315 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:52 PM

Buh, bb good me they couldn't do the k mart pm, they were sold out so I paid retail and tax, I feel dirty.
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#316 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:02 PM

Wanted to try pm frys price @bb for ico $29.99 and buy 2 to save an extra $20. But the way the promo works is that when u buy 2 it marks the games at $29.99 automatically. So even if u pm, it wont save another $20. Just thought i let u guys know

#317 NegativeZero

NegativeZero

CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:11 PM

No ico/sotc @ astor place!

went to a second kmart and ICO/SOTC was sold out. I dont wanna say this is a BIG game but if there is a buzz, stock should definitely be upd'd for high traffic areas (Penn Station/Astor Place)

http://zerofigures.wordpress.com

"He should have those magic b!tches all over his jock" - CheapyD, CagCast #168

#318 sephiroth61787

sephiroth61787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:21 PM

Got BB to PM the Tiger Woods Move bundle. Got the navigation controller for free with it. Traded it in to BB for $20...so I got the whole Move set for $30 after everything is said and done.

#319 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:30 PM

Next months @gamer mag has $10 off ICO/SOTC or GOW origins so $40+ tax potential deal for both. Fair warning: same as the brink/hunted coupon both titles listed on 1 coupon so YMMV getting both w/o purchase of 2nd mag.

#320 jdb230

jdb230

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:24 PM

Justs a head up. I picked up a few of the games Toys R Us is offereing a $25 gift card w/ purchase at Bestbuy via a pm. However, the cashier said no pm was needed on X-men destiny as it had already rang up for $34.99. I know the shelf price was still $59.99, so not sure if the girl was just an idiot and didn't realize she had changed the price of this title while she was chaging the price of the other games I was also pming.

#321 metrostar

metrostar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:47 AM

Tried to PM TRU's online price for X-Men in Broadway store. They did take the PM (FINALLY!!!), but not applied to get the gift card promo or using Rewards Dollar/coupon as payment. So, at the end I choose buy it at $59.99, used my $5 Reward Dollar to get the $25 gift card.

Not sure if different store has different PM policy, but it seems the system wouldn't allow them to give me both promo... or maybe just the guy who served me didn't know how to adjust in the system.

#322 drmanhattan445

drmanhattan445

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:37 AM

FWIW I tried to PM the TRU deal for Dead Island at BB but they denied me saying they could only do it if they were running a gift card promo at the same time for the same game. So I decide to head to Nebraska Furniture Mart and try my luck. Well they had Dead Island on sale for $48.xx and I asked them if they would PM TRU. Guy there said they would do it. So I ended up getting Dead Island for $48.xx plus tax with a $25 gift card. This is very YMMV but if your in the area of an NFM I suggest trying it.

#323 gregnied

gregnied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:57 AM

My Best Buy is showing no SotC/ICO in stock, I hope the website is wrong, but in my experience it usually is not....

#324 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:07 AM

Heads up for anyone in Hawaii going to the Best Buy in Waimalu... They have GoW Origins, Resistance, and Uncharted in stock, but NO ICO/SotC. Lame, but then again, go figure...

RayeKasai.png

#325 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:16 AM

Picked up two Fifa 12s today at TRU and got a $30 GC. Going back tomorrow and using it on Dead Island and getting another $25 GC. Not too shabby.

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#326 nflsonic

nflsonic

Your Title is Not Enough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:35 AM

Debating if I should pick up NHL 12 this week during the promotions going on for it, or wait a few months for a better deal. But as far as I recall, NHL 11 hardly went on sale after release (or hardly a better price than $40?).

Decisions...but I would like some hockey love sooner than later.

milesbanner.jpg

Currently Playing:
:ps4: BF4, inFamous: SS   :ps3:: The Last of Us |  :pc:: Starcraft 2 | :3ds:: Pokemon Y | :vita:: Tearaway |  :wiiu:: Zelda: WWHD 

#327 btt

btt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:02 AM

Heads up for anyone in Hawaii going to the Best Buy in Waimalu... They have GoW Origins, Resistance, and Uncharted in stock, but NO ICO/SotC. Lame, but then again, go figure...

Thanks for the heads up. Saves me a trip.

#328 fuze9

fuze9

piddle patrol, assemble!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:32 AM

How long do you think the buy 2 get $20 off thing is valid for BB? With so few copies in stock, it'd suck to miss out due to availability.

#329 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:24 PM

My Best Buy is showing no SotC/ICO in stock, I hope the website is wrong, but in my experience it usually is not....

There will be a restock shortly b/c of high demand just in time for the $10 off @gamer coupons to go into effect
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=304619

Debating if I should pick up NHL 12 this week during the promotions going on for it, or wait a few months for a better deal. But as far as I recall, NHL 11 hardly went on sale after release (or hardly a better price than $40?).

you should wait for another $10-$20 off sale next month & stack the $10 off @gamer coupon for the best deal.

How long do you think the buy 2 get $20 off thing is valid for BB? With so few copies in stock, it'd suck to miss out due to availability.

it ends on Saturday but ^^^ you'll probably get a better deal in 2-3 weeks anyways.

#330 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:27 PM

Damn they wouldn't let me do the a price match BB for SoTC at Fry's and the $20 off both SoTC and the Uncharted Collection. Well I guess just over $60 with tax isn't too bad