Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (9/25/11 to 10/1/11) Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Deals

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#61 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:10 PM

Best Buy, and most places, won't price match any sort of buy 1 get 1 50% off sale, typically they won't price match any % off sale, even if it list the price, unless they list what the price is after that.

You can get a simple % off pm
If the ad says " ____ game is 25% off" w/o listing the actual price itself just pull the item up on your smartphone the discounted price will show there $45. Same goes for ads that say "all accessories 25% off" just show the physical ad 1st then show the item itself.

As for pm'ing a b2g1, b1g1 or b1g1 50% off the easiest way to score a pm would be to purchase alot, my BB's are straight forward they "don't want me to go next door and purchase 6-10 games elsewhere" especially when I'm usually grabbing $40-$60 titles. To them that's a sure thing $250 purchase gone. Fortunately there's no upsell for warranties otherwise their usual strategy would require you to buy the geek squad protection to boost their #'s in return for the YMMV pm but you could still just cancel it after 1 month anyways.

It all comes down to "selling the deal"...
1-"I'd rather give BB the $"
2-"A large purchase like this will help me remain/earn RZ silver status"
3-"I have a RZ card, Premier Silver status & gamers club unlocked I'd rather keep ALL my purchase at 1 store especially since "they" don't have a reward program like BB's or as great as BB's"
4-"I wish there was some way you could offer something competitive that way I don't have to leave here empty handed AND continue my other shopping that I was planning to do."
I've used them all but it also helps that I'm in the store alot, know several clerks by name & speak/make convo all the time even when I don't need them.

I'm hoping Dead Island is one of the other 50 participating titles. Thanks for posting OP!

Naw, I much rather pm the $25 gc deal from TRU on Dead Island, Driver SF, COD BO & X-men Destiny scoring all these for $140 + tax

#62 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:22 PM

You can get a simple % off pm
If the ad says " ____ game is 25% off" w/o listing the actual price itself just pull the item up on your smartphone the discounted price will show there $45. Same goes for ads that say "all accessories 25% off" just show the physical ad 1st then show the item itself.

As for pm'ing a b2g1, b1g1 or b1g1 50% off the easiest way to score a pm would be to purchase alot, my BB's are straight forward they "don't want me to go next door and purchase 6-10 games elsewhere" especially when I'm usually grabbing $40-$60 titles. To them that's a sure thing $250 purchase gone. Fortunately there's no upsell for warranties otherwise their usual strategy would require you to buy the geek squad protection to boost their #'s in return for the YMMV pm but you could still just cancel it after 1 month anyways.

It all comes down to "selling the deal"...
1-"I'd rather give BB the $"
2-"A large purchase like this will help me remain/earn RZ silver status"
3-"I have a RZ card, Premier Silver status & gamers club unlocked I'd rather keep ALL my purchase at 1 store especially since "they" don't have a reward program like BB's or as great as BB's"
4-"I wish there was some way you could offer something competitive that way I don't have to leave here empty handed AND continue my other shopping that I was planning to do."
I've used them all but it also helps that I'm in the store alot, know several clerks by name & speak/make convo all the time even when I don't need them.

Naw, I much rather pm the $25 gc deal from TRU on Dead Island, Driver SF, COD BO & X-men Destiny scoring all these for $140 + tax

Sometimes I don't understand you. I know you bleed "Blue & Yellow" and you've been really helpful but in one post you'll talk about how it is against Policy for BB to PM Gift Card and Bundle promotions and in the next post you talk about how you can't wait to PM the $25 Dead Island deal at TRU with Best Buy.

What is it? You're sounding more and more like an employee.

#63 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:37 PM

Sometimes I don't understand you. I know you bleed "Blue & Yellow" and you've been really helpful but in one post you'll talk about how it is against Policy for BB to PM Gift Card and Bundle promotions and in the next post you talk about how you can't wait to PM the $25 Dead Island deal at TRU with Best Buy.

:roll:
Get your eyes checked.
He says nothing about pming with bestbuy. He says he cant wait to get the deal TRU is offering.

#64 caldazar

caldazar

RiderOnAPaleHorse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:44 PM

sweet, I see 2 titles I'm interested in...now to come up with the scratch...

** Caldazar **

#65 The Dude 419

The Dude 419

Maybe tommorrow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:50 PM

Is it safe to assume Dead Island will be a part of this?

#66 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:01 PM

Get your eyes checked.
He says nothing about pming with bestbuy. He says he cant wait to get the deal TRU is offering.

What?

Did you misread his quote:

#67 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:06 PM

I want to be clear it IS AGAINST policy but if your making a larger purchase on items that aren't usually bought in "bulk" you have a much better chance of scoring the YMMV pm's. How many people in a day are going to goto CS to purchase $250-$300 in games when that's basically the price of system? So when a CS rep/manager sees this, they also see my RZ card & the cash they know I'm ready to buy now if not at BB then at one of the stores in the same/next shopping center.

I'm fortunate to live in a large metro area(Philly) where stores are all close together for example:my local BB(#476) is 5 min from house but (#525) is only 10-12 min the opposite direction, (#448 & #577) area 20 min away & (#197) is only 25 min away from (#448). Just using these stores there's 5 malls w/i 5 min of all of them(Willow Grove, Montgomeryville, Oxford Valley, Plymouth Meeting & King of Prussia). There's 5-6 Targets, 3 TRU's, at least 10 GS's, 3 kmart's, Sam's club, Walmart & Costco all w/i 5 min of most of these BB's many in the same shopping centers. So it's not a hassle/waste of gas/time for me to go take a pic of the items in the store I want to pm. When I goto CS all my $hit is prepared so when I tell them I'll go next door and buy they know I already been there and would rather spend @ BB.

It also helps that I've been pm'ing like crazy for several years now too(at least 50 times this year alone usually at 1 store(#476) so all the managers/CS reps know me & how much I spend there. The 1 time a was denied a gc pm from a newly promoted manager the rep let her know "he purchases alot here his RZ silver status is mainly from games we deduct the $15 gc value per policy(at that time) direct from the $60...BESIDES HE'S GONNA SPEND IT RIGHT BACK ANYWAYS I'VE NEVER SEEN HIM JUST LEAVE HE GOES BACK AND BUYS MORE STUFF". From talking to them behind the scenes I have got a good understanding on what/how to say things to get what I want whether it buying more than I may have wanted upfront & then returning a item if need be or just stocking up in general.

I could never work there b/c they don't pay enuf to cover my "recreational spending" even with an employee discount. Maybe 10-12 years ago before I really got bills but not at 31 I'm too old for retail been there done that.

#68 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:15 PM

Get your eyes checked.

Hell yeah I'm pm'ing a $75 TRU gc does me no good I've already cleaned up on their clearance sections when they had the 50% off deals & I scored 2 clearance PS2's. These are the type of deals that chip away & get me to RZ silver status yr after yr.
"Naw, I much rather pm the $25 gc deal from TRU"

#69 knight613

knight613

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:18 PM

I hope the over 50 titles in store includes the ICO/SOTC collection as well as the God of War Origins Collection.

#70 metrostar

metrostar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:20 PM

All new games in regular price:

FIFA :ps3::360:$59.99 :wii:$49.99 :3ds::psp::ps2::pc:$39.99
(Get Free 1-Month Subscription to MLS Match Day Live Service when you pre-order FIFA Soccer 12, maybe except PC version?)
Big Game Hunter 2012 Gun Bundle :ps3::360:$79.99 :wii:$59.99
X-Men Destiny :ps3::360:$59.99 Get a Juggernaut-Inspired Costume
F1 2011 :ps3::360:$59.99

PS3 Console Saves:

$249.99 for 160GB PS3 Console
$39.99 for DualShock 3 Wireless Controller
$99.99 for PS3 Move Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Master Edition Bundle
FREE PS3 Move Navigation Controller ($29.99 value) when buying Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 or Sports Champions Move Bundle.

Save $20 when buy any 2 of these games at the same time
:

The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection $39.99
God of War: Origins Collection $39.99
Uncharted Dual Pack $39.99
Resistance Dual Pack $39.99

Other Game Deals:

Dead Island :ps3::360:$49.99 :pc:$39.99
Deus Ex: Human Revolution :ps3::360:$44.99 :pc:$39.99
Driver San Francisco :ps3::360::wii:$39.99
Duke Nukem Forever :ps3::360:$29.99
NCAA Football 12 :ps3::360:$49.99
NHL 12 :ps3::360:$49.99

Get 50% Extra Trade-In credit when pre-ordering Rage or NBA 2K12

Edited by metrostar, 23 September 2011 - 12:14 AM.

#71 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:23 PM

I hope the over 50 titles in store includes the ICO/SOTC collection as well as the God of War Origins Collection.

This X 1000

I know when they did the B1G1 50% off for 3DS games it was every 3DS game (at least at my local Target). Really hope that's the case again.

I was just lamenting nowhere having an ICO/SOTC deal, and here this possibility pops up :D
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#72 MicroDr

MicroDr

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Which god of war? If all others are 39.99, this would suggest the origins collection that just came out.

#73 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

The fact that FIFA 12 is excluded from this makes me want to cry. I was hoping to get FIFA 12 and Dead Island.

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#74 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:24 PM

Hell yeah I'm pm'ing a $75 TRU gc does me no good I've already cleaned up on their clearance sections when they had the 50% off deals & I scored 2 clearance PS2's. These are the type of deals that chip away & get me to RZ silver status yr after yr.
"Naw, I much rather pm the $25 gc deal from TRU"

Directly Contradicts the price match policy of no "free" Gifts.

#75 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:26 PM

Which god of war?

Probably the Origins collection since the other 3 are all recent dual pack releases. I think the God of War 1 & 2 collection already retails for $19.99.

EDIT: Your edit beat my post!
\\:D/

#76 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Which god of war?

the new one Origins I'll be grabbing this & Ico/SOTC as well

also, time to grab driver for $30 using the $10 off @gamer coupon

#77 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

whats the save $20 thing mean? does that mean i can get Ico/shadow for 19.99? because if so im so there. Or do you just get a giftcard that you can use later?

#78 chingychink2005

chingychink2005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

^I was wondering the same thing, has to be GOW origins, ultimately you have to the price of 29.99 each anyways which should be the going rate of these packs anyways in my opinion. So not a deal really.

#79 Ryuu555

Ryuu555

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:28 PM

$9 - 8 GB Micro (HC4 High Speed) SD cards w/adaptor(Target brand DANE-ELEC) item #056-120-403

I knew what this was, and my mind still saw "Game Boy Micro" - and part of me still got confused. lol
Posted Image

#80 chingychink2005

chingychink2005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:31 PM

How is Driver? I heard it was a decent game, is it worth the $30?

#81 niandol

niandol

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:33 PM

I want to be clear it IS AGAINST policy but if your making a larger purchase on items that aren't usually bought in "bulk" you have a much better chance of scoring the YMMV pm's. How many people in a day are going to goto CS to purchase $250-$300 in games when that's basically the price of system? So when a CS rep/manager sees this, they also see my RZ card & the cash they know I'm ready to buy now if not at BB then at one of the stores in the same/next shopping center.

I'm fortunate to live in a large metro area(Philly) where stores are all close together for example:my local BB(#476) is 5 min from house but (#525) is only 10-12 min the opposite direction, (#448 & #577) area 20 min away & (#197) is only 25 min away from (#448). Just using these stores there's 5 malls w/i 5 min of all of them(Willow Grove, Montgomeryville, Oxford Valley, Plymouth Meeting & King of Prussia). There's 5-6 Targets, 3 TRU's, at least 10 GS's, 3 kmart's, Sam's club, Walmart & Costco all w/i 5 min of most of these BB's many in the same shopping centers. So it's not a hassle/waste of gas/time for me to go take a pic of the items in the store I want to pm. When I goto CS all my $hit is prepared so when I tell them I'll go next door and buy they know I already been there and would rather spend @ BB.

It also helps that I've been pm'ing like crazy for several years now too(at least 50 times this year alone usually at 1 store(#476) so all the managers/CS reps know me & how much I spend there. The 1 time a was denied a gc pm from a newly promoted manager the rep let her know "he purchases alot here his RZ silver status is mainly from games we deduct the $15 gc value per policy(at that time) direct from the $60...BESIDES HE'S GONNA SPEND IT RIGHT BACK ANYWAYS I'VE NEVER SEEN HIM JUST LEAVE HE GOES BACK AND BUYS MORE STUFF". From talking to them behind the scenes I have got a good understanding on what/how to say things to get what I want whether it buying more than I may have wanted upfront & then returning a item if need be or just stocking up in general.

I could never work there b/c they don't pay enuf to cover my "recreational spending" even with an employee discount. Maybe 10-12 years ago before I really got bills but not at 31 I'm too old for retail been there done that.

Do you mean store #576 in Willow Grove? That is the store I mainly go to and I have tried many times price matching a TRU GC deal in that store, but they say there's no possible way it can be done every time.

#82 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:36 PM

ICO and GoW Origin for $60? hmm have to think about that.

#83 xtole13

xtole13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:38 PM

whats the save $20 thing mean? does that mean i can get Ico/shadow for 19.99? because if so im so there. Or do you just get a giftcard that you can use later?

Instant savings. Buy 2 games together for $60 instead of $80.
Posted Image

#84 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:40 PM

He already told you he has a relationship with his CS reps since he buys tons of stuff and PMs it for many years. He is totally aware of the Policy supposed to deny it. But with those geting around the policies, some get lucky. He is one of them so you take his PM "deals" with a grain of salt. The only time Best Buy 100% PM is when the sale is a hard sale price i.e. Deus Ex for 34.99. That's it. Everything else is YMMV.

#85 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:41 PM

Driver for $30 might be ok. I need to try the demo again...it was just a little strange.

#86 Dalerax

Dalerax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:42 PM

Finally Dead Island goes on sale somewhere. Been lookin'.

#87 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:44 PM

Save $20 when buy any 2 of these games at the same time[/B]:

The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection $39.99
God of War: Origins Collection $39.99

I am in

I am 35! Bitches!

Wrencrest.png

#88 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:46 PM

$140 + tax for X-men, dead Island, Driver & COD BO and pretty good chance to get another $20 back thru future pm's I'm in. TIV for COD BO is $23 + the extra 40%.

How do you figure? Are you just subtracting the GC's you're getting?

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#89 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:46 PM

Well, if the TIV of Driver holds, you could atleast flip it back to Best Buy for 44.8 after the 60% assuming they havent completely fucked up your Gamer club like most everyone.

Id like to PM somewhere else for ICO collection. Dont really wanna drop 60.

Edited by Abeja, 22 September 2011 - 11:58 PM.

#90 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:54 PM

Store #576 doesn't care I've already spoken to them about it they don't want to lose the sale TRU is 4 traffic lights away. The reg. CS reps & managers that I see conistantly(shop the same days of the week) have confirmed it won't be a problem just show the ad like I normally do anyways. But even I don't get all the deals my BB won't match kmart's gaming coupons b/c there not called "giftcards".