Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (9/25/11 to 10/1/11) Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Deals

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#91 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:56 PM

Driver for $30 sounds good to me.

Been waiting to stack that gamer coupon on top of a sale price. Thanks BB!
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#92 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:59 PM

Nice deal for ICO/SOTC and GOW Origins. I was looking to pick up both of those.
To each his own.

#93 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:01 AM

Well, if the TIV of Driver holds, you could atleast flip it back to Best Buy for 44.8 after the 60% assuming they have completely fucked up your Gamer club like most everyone.

Id like to PM somewhere else for ICO collection. Dont really wanna drop 60.

I have 3 mags/coupons so I'm thinking buy 3 @ $95.37 incl. tax and trade 2 back for $89.60. $5.77 for Driver. :applause:

#94 metrostar

metrostar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:03 AM

I just updated the ad in more details! Sorry for the confusions.

#95 metrostar

metrostar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:05 AM

Driver for $30 sounds good to me.

Been waiting to stack that gamer coupon on top of a sale price. Thanks BB!

According to the ad, Driver SF is $40, not $30 yet.

#96 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:07 AM

Do you mean store #576 in Willow Grove? That is the store I mainly go to and I have tried many times price matching a TRU GC deal in that store, but they say there's no possible way it can be done every time.

Yes, Willow Grove I usually see the short brown skin manager w/the short hair she looks like she don't take no $hit(she's cool though) but she'll work with you no problem & also the taller dark skin rep who can also be a manager(she gives overrides) are THE BEST. The tall slim guy who usually walks around alot generally near electronics & has a clipboard is ok usually he sees the total amount purchased and gives the override. There's 2 younger reps that do overrides both of them joke with me about what sales are going on where & they ask me directly "what are you pm'ing today" jokingly. Plymouth Meeting & King of Prussia are good too. King of Prussia is best for very YMMV pm's b/c the TRU is so close. What days of the week are you in store? There's one "exotic" brown skinned chick she confirms EVERY deal but the managers still give the override I just make convo.

#97 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:08 AM

According to the ad, Driver SF is $40, not $30 yet.

We're all banking on the $10 off coupon in the @gamers mag to stack.

#98 chingychink2005

chingychink2005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:08 AM

According to you, you forgot to stack $10 gamer coupon.

#99 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:16 AM

NYC Toys R Us never price match any online offer or competitor's deals (I tried several times), and sometimes they will reject the coupons that were sent from the email. I called their customer service for complaint, but they just said they do not have a price match policy for online or in store purchase even it was their own offers...

They don't match other stores but they should match the online Toysrus site. Well at least they do here in Brooklyn.

#100 metrostar

metrostar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:17 AM

We're all banking on the $10 off coupon in the @gamers mag to stack.

I see. I don't have that magazine, so not realize it. But you guys really think Best Buy will allow coupon stack when the item is on sale? I was out of luck several times when trying to use RZ 10% off coupon...

#101 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:19 AM

Grabbing a couple of these games, but I have a question. I am wanting to purchase 4000ms points on-line also. It says they email the code to you. Is it instantly like most sites, or do you have to wait a day or so?

#102 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:21 AM

I see. I don't have that magazine, so not realize it. But you guys really think Best Buy will allow coupon stack when the item is on sale? I was out of luck several times when trying to use RZ 10% off coupon...

The 10% coupon can't be stacked but the Gamer magazine coupons can because they fixed this a few months back since people were complaining that they games were going on sale lower than what it would take off with the coupon so people were gonna cancel their subscriptions.

#103 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:23 AM

^I was wondering the same thing, has to be GOW origins, ultimately you have to the price of 29.99 each anyways which should be the going rate of these packs anyways in my opinion. So not a deal really.

It's a deal b/c you get them day 1 when the TIV is highest so beat it & trade it in if possible. I'm sure these will be $20 on BF but some won't want to wait.

#104 bruistopher

bruistopher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:25 AM

TRU is also doing a two day special (9/23-9/24) B2G1Free but the free game has to be a $19.99 or under. Online-only though...

#105 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:28 AM

I see. I don't have that magazine, so not realize it. But you guys really think Best Buy will allow coupon stack when the item is on sale? I was out of luck several times when trying to use coupon in NYC Best Buy stores...

here's the link to the current thread
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=302080
in the OP it has the previous 2 months links as well when they 1st started stacking.

#106 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:40 AM

How do you figure? Are you just subtracting the GC's you're getting?

I'm pm'ing the deal at BB they'll deduct the $25 from the $60 instead of issuing $75 in BB gc's.

#107 mgorsi

mgorsi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:07 AM

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! fukin love BB!! Driver SF $30. here i come!!

#108 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:09 AM

TRU is also doing a two day special (9/23-9/24) B2G1Free but the free game has to be a $19.99 or under. Online-only though...

Been going on all week. The bonus deals are the gift cards.

Buy GoW3 get $10 GC
Buy GoW3 & $59.99+ game and get $30 GC

#109 icarusmight

icarusmight

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:16 AM

Was likely going to get Ico/Shadow at BB cuz I had a $20 gc. Now I can get it along with GoW origins for $40 after my gc. Sweet deal, thanks for posting!

#110 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I'm pm'ing the deal at BB they'll deduct the $25 from the $60 instead of issuing $75 in BB gc's.

is that how it'll work? does BB state that somewhere so i know? also, could i PM over the phone and still get the 25 off and stuff?

#111 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

I really think so. We've been doing it all summer for some pretty awesome deals.

#112 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:36 AM

Time to use that coupon on Driver! I'm quite tempted to pick up Dead Island as well...I wonder if you can PM Toys R Us GC deal for it even when it is on sale.

154512.png

:360: Child of Light / FIFA 14

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:ps4: Watch Dogs

jionekanji.png

#113 drmanhattan445

drmanhattan445

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:44 AM

I was under the impression that BB changed their price match policy so that they did not match the gift card offer from competitors unless I misunderstood it.

#114 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:58 AM

I'm definitely picking up a controller, Ico/SOTC and God of War Origins. I have $33 in gift cards. I don't know how it's going to be after the deal and employee discount! Let's get it. If you're looking to price match the K-Mart deal of the Move Bundle for $50 maybe you can get the Nav controller for free. Doesn't hurt to try right! Good week indeed!

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#115 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:19 AM

They did, and as Enuf has now explained in at least 2 other threads, he has an "in" at his store so they still do it for him. But basically, 98% of us aren't going to get that, so I actually wish he'd dial down the rhetoric a little or go more out of his way to mention that it's pretty unlikely that it will happen.
Posted Image

#116 flyersfan8

flyersfan8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:33 AM

think if I buy nhl 12 tomorrow, will they give me the difference next week?
:D

#117 spawnvader

spawnvader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:38 AM

Already grabbed God of War Origins on launch day for $30 at Fry's - maybe I still have the receipt. Would like to get the Team ICO collection for $30 on launch day.....

#118 nflsonic

nflsonic

Your Title is Not Enough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:44 AM

I really hope my gift cards come in next week. Would love to pick Driver and NHL 12! Was thinking of GoW Collection, but I can wait till it drops to $20 (didn't really care for CoO back when I had it for the PSP).

milesbanner.jpg

Currently Playing:
:ps4: BF4, inFamous: SS   :ps3:: The Last of Us |  :pc:: Starcraft 2 | :3ds:: Pokemon Y | :vita:: Tearaway |  :wiiu:: Zelda: WWHD 

#119 argyle

argyle

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:55 AM

Yesssss - was hoping for a sale on Driver before the coupon expired. :D
Posted Image

#120 niandol

niandol

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:57 AM

Yes, Willow Grove I usually see the short brown skin manager w/the short hair she looks like she don't take no $hit(she's cool though) but she'll work with you no problem & also the taller dark skin rep who can also be a manager(she gives overrides) are THE BEST. The tall slim guy who usually walks around alot generally near electronics & has a clipboard is ok usually he sees the total amount purchased and gives the override. There's 2 younger reps that do overrides both of them joke with me about what sales are going on where & they ask me directly "what are you pm'ing today" jokingly. Plymouth Meeting & King of Prussia are good too. King of Prussia is best for very YMMV pm's b/c the TRU is so close. What days of the week are you in store? There's one "exotic" brown skinned chick she confirms EVERY deal but the managers still give the override I just make convo.

I mostly go during afternoons during a weekday. I think I've dealt with the chick that confirms everything, but mostly it is some short blonde chick that has refused when I've gone.