Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (9/25/11 to 10/1/11) Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Deals

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#121 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:31 AM

Even though I told myself I was going to wait on GoW3 and the fact I just spent $260 on car repairs, the B1G1 50% is tempting. And of course, an extra 15% off on top of that... :-k

card.png

#122 ajumbaje

ajumbaje

West Coast born East Coast raised

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:42 AM

Hopefully infamous 2 and dead island are in the deal

#123 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:45 AM

Man I want Dead Island to go just a bit lower! $29.99 is my sweet spot!
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#124 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:45 AM

Decent deal, but I think I'll still pass on Driver. For $20 with coupon, I'd probably be down, but I just know with all of the big releases to come, this one will drop quickly. Actually wouldn't be too surprised if that ended up being the new MSRP.

#125 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:06 AM

VERY tempted on Driver... need to look at the reviews

#126 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:21 AM

VERY tempted on Driver... need to look at the reviews

From what I heard it's pretty decent. I know I'll eventually play it.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#127 loveangel

loveangel

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:22 AM

i see one title in which i m interested

Games My life..8.gif

#128 knightimages

knightimages

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:36 AM

Driver is fun. It is definitely adds a twist to the sandbox driving game genre. Dead Island is one that I am still on the fence on. I think my buy price for it is at $30 or less.

#129 ajumbaje

ajumbaje

West Coast born East Coast raised

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:23 AM

I might have to cancel my ico/shadow preorder on amazon to take advantage of this ico/shadow + gow psp collection for 60$

#130 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:24 AM

Save $20 when buy any 2 of these games at the same time:

The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection $39.99
God of War: Origins Collection $39.99
Uncharted Dual Pack $39.99
Resistance Dual Pack $39.99

^Would you still get the discount if you bought two of the SAME games from above?

#131 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:26 AM

Save $20 when buy any 2 of these games at the same time:

The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection $39.99
God of War: Origins Collection $39.99
Uncharted Dual Pack $39.99
Resistance Dual Pack $39.99

^Would you still get the discount if you bought two of the SAME games from above?

You're going to be that guy who buys all the Uncharted dual packs? ;)

#132 dominator

dominator

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:45 AM

Damn lol Dead Island goes on sale the week after I get it. Oh well, the game's well worth retail price IMO. Might look into Driver for 30 bucks though.

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#133 dominator

dominator

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:49 AM

Ouch, too bad FIFA 12 isn't part of the half off, otherwise I'd be all over this... lol It'll kinda suck if Dead Island is one of the included games. I just bought it for MSRP this week, but not a bad deal at all for anyone wanting to pick up Gears 3 and another game of their choosing.

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#134 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:00 AM

You're going to be that guy who buys all the Uncharted dual packs? ;)

More like ICO/Shadow

#135 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:16 AM

ICO $30 at Fry's woo hoo! no need to buy 2.

#136 xRandizzy

xRandizzy

Legendary Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:12 AM

I hope it's all games and ps3 ! I've been wanting to play mass effect 2.. and I want dead island :]

#137 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:25 AM

No Fry's in Hawaii. :(

So yeah... I was going to buy two copies of ICO/SotC (one for me, one for my friend) so would the deal still be eligible? Already played both Uncharteds and not interested in Resistance or the GoW: Origins so I'm in a dilemma here. Need to use my RZ $10 certificate really soon too.
Posted Image

#138 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:06 AM

Hopefully can grab GOW Orgins and Team Ico.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#139 mkivsuptt

mkivsuptt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:11 AM

Damn lol Dead Island goes on sale the week after I get it. Oh well, the game's well worth retail price IMO. Might look into Driver for 30 bucks though.

You can always price match it at Best Buy. If you just got it this week you can go back in and get a refund of the price difference.

#140 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:22 AM

I feel like GOW will be 30 or less on it's own pretty soon, but I want to play it now...I want ICO as well but it will probably sit in my backlog.

#141 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:13 PM

You can always price match it at Best Buy. If you just got it this week you can go back in and get a refund of the price difference.

How does price match work? Price match seems to kinda fail, if you have the 10% off coupon from the mobile. Buy a new one, use the 10% off coupon then do a return. Price match gives you back "10" dollars but don't forget the tax.

#142 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:54 PM

I feel like GOW will be 30 or less on it's own pretty soon, but I want to play it now...I want ICO as well but it will probably sit in my backlog.

As the days pass, I'm thinking the same thing. I might get them down the line for free. I know they will be cheaper in due time. I'll have to think about this one.

YouTube

#143 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:54 PM

I really want those collections but should i wait more ? That save 20$ deal on those collections is good
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#144 wrencrest

wrencrest

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:02 PM

As the days pass, I'm thinking the same thing. I might get them down the line for free. I know they will be cheaper in due time. I'll have to think about this one.

I really want those collections but should i wait more ? That save 20$ deal on those collections is good

Pretty much all games get cheaper as time goes on, we all know this. If you dont want to play the games relatively soon, or you are not a collector and dont mind the "greatest hits" covers/boxes, then wait. They will be cheaper, gauranteed.

For me, I want both ICO/SOTC and God of War collections and wont be selling them back anywhere and I dont like the GH covers. So I am good to go with the $10 off of each on launch day AND I have GC, so of course that makes it more of a no brainer for me.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#145 midloo

midloo

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:05 PM

Even though I told myself I was going to wait on GoW3 and the fact I just spent $260 on car repairs, the B1G1 50% is tempting. And of course, an extra 15% off on top of that... :-k

Huh? Where does the extra 15% come from?
Posted Image

#146 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:06 PM

Pretty much all games get cheaper as time goes on, we all know this. If you dont want to play the games relatively soon, or you are not a collector and dont mind the "greatest hits" covers/boxes, then wait. They will be cheaper, gauranteed.

For me, I want both ICO/SOTC and God of War collections and wont be selling them back anywhere and I dont like the GH covers. So I am good to go with the $10 off of each on launch day AND I have GC, so of course that makes it more of a no brainer for me.

I understand where you're coming from. The thing I have so many games in my backlog right now. I just finished Portal 2 after I bought it in May. So yeah if I were to buy them, they would sit there for a long time. Same thing with Deus Ex I got for $35. I have a gift card, and I work there. So I'll how much everything is after discount and my $33 gift card.

YouTube

#147 Ramandur

Ramandur

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:21 PM

Do you mean store #576 in Willow Grove? That is the store I mainly go to and I have tried many times price matching a TRU GC deal in that store, but they say there's no possible way it can be done every time.

maybe you should dress sluttier when you go in. I bet thats how enuf REALLY gets all the price matches against policy

#148 nervousxtian

nervousxtian

proofisindeepudding

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:22 PM

Yeah, what's the extra 15%?

#149 oiskaio

oiskaio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:41 PM

I understand where you're coming from. The thing I have so many games in my backlog right now. I just finished Portal 2 after I bought it in May. So yeah if I were to buy them, they would sit there for a long time. Same thing with Deus Ex I got for $35. I have a gift card, and I work there. So I'll how much everything is after discount and my $33 gift card.

I ran into this problem about a year ago with a back log. I'd buy a game because it was a "deal" then wait months to play it... only to find out that I didn't even really like the game and now it was worth little to nothing. Finally I just convinced myself that I didn't need every game I wanted to play on day 1 because they usually just sat there for a bit and lost value. Since then I've only been buying one game at a time and playing only it before trading it in. That way I don't have other games constantly begging to be played and I get a high resell value.

It might not be the way to go for you, but for me... it's cut down my spending by allowing me to get most of my $ back in trade-in/sales and has allowed me to really focus on and enjoy a game.

#150 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:55 PM

Huh? Where does the extra 15% come from?

Yeah, what's the extra 15%?

10% employee discount

5% Target RedCard

card.png