Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:40 AM

:360::ps3::pc: Dungeon Siege III $29.99/$19.99
:360::ps3: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $39.99 - Augmented $49.99
:360::ps3: Dead Island $45.99
:pc: Buy a Chimaera 5.1 Wireless Headset, Get a Razer Controller Free $173
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet - Game of the Year Edition - Used $9.99

Edited by CheapyD, 25 September 2011 - 09:49 PM.
merged all Amazon Deal of the Week posts

Posted Image

#2 unclenebber

unclenebber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:42 AM

Thanks OP

#3 xenozfan2

xenozfan2

Trippin' on apples!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:50 AM

Should I buy this? With all the good deals lately I don't know if I should wait until Black Friday.

#4 Cysquatch

Cysquatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:50 AM

It seems to be a price match to B&M retailers.
Good for us!

Dead Island :ps3:

Dead Island :360:

Free Super Saver Shipping.

I heard the ps3 version had a game save glitch, has that been fixed?
[URL="http://exophase.com/gamercards/"]Posted Image[/URL]

#5 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:57 AM

TRU is still throwing in a $25 gift card... wonder if they'll do even better. heh.

#6 outphase

outphase

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:57 AM

As of this morning, the patch isn't out, but it's currently in review with Sony. There is a workaround for the time being where you set your game to coop over LAN to play single player.

By the time it ships, the patch should hopefully be live.

#7 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:01 AM

A guy at my Best Buy said they can match Amazon, so I might try that tomorrow.

#8 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:13 AM

I heard the ps3 version had a game save glitch, has that been fixed?

PS3 version has HORRIBLE screen tearing. Some of the worst ive ever seen, its unbelivable really. The save glitch is both versions as far as i know.

Honestly im waiting for this game to hit <30 bucks. Its not at all what i expected it was gonna be, its bacially just an action game, no real survival horror involved. And the weapon degredation is ridiculously fast.

Biggest issue though is how buggy it is. It seriously needed a lot more playtesting

#9 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:31 AM

PS3 version has HORRIBLE screen tearing. Some of the worst ive ever seen, its unbelivable really. The save glitch is both versions as far as i know.

Honestly im waiting for this game to hit <30 bucks. Its not at all what i expected it was gonna be, its bacially just an action game, no real survival horror involved. And the weapon degredation is ridiculously fast.

Biggest issue though is how buggy it is. It seriously needed a lot more playtesting

I'm in the same boat. I want this game, but not above $30. I'll hold off as well. Thanks OP!
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#10 Silence4520

Silence4520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:32 AM

LOL does TRU have PM? if they don't which deal is betteR?

#11 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:33 AM

From all the problems this game has that I've heard it's gonna take a drop to $10-$15 for me to try this. I'm so glad I didn't buy this when it first released.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#12 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:34 AM

Seriously, it's a buy at $20 or less and should be there soon.

#13 biodole

biodole

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:34 AM

Not sure if you guys even know but this game is hardly worth 4.99 let alone 44.99. Have you guys actually played it? It feels like a pre-alpha build. Tons of glitches and bugs. Extremely easy. Characters suck. Oh yeah and you are constantly repairing weapons by putting them on a table and paying the table money. Yes that's right, you give money to an inanimate object to magically repair your items. Brilliant.

#14 lml417

lml417

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:36 AM

I really want this game but I'll wait until the glitch is 100% fixed, its too risky losing all your save files!
looks like it will drop quickly too.

#15 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:37 AM

As someone who has clocked around 40 hours on it, it's pretty great aside from the sewer levels and fear of the save glitch online.

I honestly haven't noticed the screen tearing on the ps3 version but I'm no "visual"-phile. The game is kinda buggy though. Weapons vanishing after being thrown, npc's being glitched sometimes, and the save glitch. Weapon degradation is only fast at the start, since as you level you can use a skill point to increase weapon stamina and just leveling gets you more slots to equip weapons. You can also use skill points to increase how many you carry.

It's a great game but it's lack of "polish" can turn some people off.

#16 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:41 AM

i played the game on the pc and one thing im sure is that this game will drop very quickly, if you guys give it a few more weeks or even a month you'll start to see this go down, the overall quality of this game isn't even that good and coop is only mindless fun if you play with friends, other than that you'll probably try hard to like this game and you'll find urself more disappointed than actually having fun, the trailer is incredibly misleading since the majority of the story is just fetch quest, and the characters are just bland and character animation is just ugly even on the main characters, the actual combat with the zombies can be fun later in the game since you'll get overwhelmed if you're alone but since the game focuses a lot on melee, you'll pretty much be doing the same action over and over again and then you realize that constantly fixing the camera to get the ideal headshot with a pipe is tiresome. All the review that gave this game an average rating is dead on, it's a very unpolished and ugly game. This is not a triple A title like CoD, Gears of War, or Saints Row, this game has a very narrow scope and will only be enjoyed by people who REALLY like to kill zombies. Although I haven't finished the game yet, from what I can tell the core gameplay is lacking, the zombie atmosphere is pretty good aside from the fact that most of them look the same and spawn in the same place, but if you make progress than you won't care about that too much since a zombie is just a meat bag waiting to be smashed open and the map is big enough so you'll probably not see every place twice except for the main road, but without solid gameplay mechanics it just makes this game a very hollow experience.

So to sum up everything, if you are a hardcore zombie fanatic then this game might be worth it, but if you're looking for something enjoyable then unless you have played all the other fun games available I can't see you buying this without feeling a little disappointed

#17 Dalerax

Dalerax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:44 AM

Must...wait...for...bigger price drop...

GAH! I want this game so bad!

#18 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:44 AM

i can wait. kenshindono what do you think is this generation's survival horror? deadspace?
just curious as resident evil surely isn't.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#19 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:46 AM

Shit can't edit on mobile...

Aldo don't go in expecting an epic story it does bare minimum in that department. Game isnt easy if you consider dying a "failure" . Though it still kinda suck since dying only makes you lose 10% of your cash. Which is terrible at the start but it doesnt matter by late to midgame.

Character are giant stereo types in each field. I've only run into 1 npc glitch so far where the guy would flash in and out of the map so I had to have my coop buddy talk to him. and ya you give money to a table but WTF its a zombie game it's not going for realism.

#20 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:54 AM

Buy this game. It is fun.

That is all

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#21 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:58 AM

This game is absolutely awful but fun as hell. Make no mistake, it's a crappy game full of bugs and lousy design decisions but that combat man. it's hugely fun. I've put more hours than I care to admit in it.

#22 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:02 AM

With credit I could get it for $15. I'm going to pass anyway, got way to many games of my plate. If this was June or something I would have bitten.

#23 Blinkerizo

Blinkerizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:06 AM

I won bite this time, this game is a left 4 dead & dead rising wannabe. It has a lot of bugs, i dont think its even worth 29.99. I will probably get it when it gets <20, and only if they release a patch

Edited by Blinkerizo, 25 September 2011 - 06:20 AM.

#24 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:21 AM

Finished it tonight well main story at least. GAME IS BEAST. Poor mans Fallout + Zombies - guns = :D

#25 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:28 AM

GAME IS BEAST

Anyone who says this about anything has zero credibility.

#26 mrniceguy8

mrniceguy8

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:03 AM

Eh, I'm in the <$20 boat.

#27 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:04 AM

:360::ps3: Dungeon Siege III $29.99
:360::ps3: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $39.99 - Augmented $49.99
:360::ps3: Dead Island $45.99
:pc: Buy a Chimaera 5.1 Wireless Headset, Get a Razer Controller Free $173
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet - Game of the Year Edition - Used $9.99

#28 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:05 AM

Amazon Deal of the Week

$29.99 Dungeon Siege III :ps3:
$29.99 Dungeon Siege III :360:
$19.99 Dungeon Siege III :pc:

Free Shipping
Posted Image

#29 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:08 AM

Merging all the Amazon DotW threads....

#30 Coltin

Coltin

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:09 AM

I've been playing my brothers copy of Dead Island and I like it a lot. I'd recommend it to anyone that's interested