Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:39 AM

^ that's crazy and i'm not sure how i'd feel about abusing that
Posted ImagePosted Image

#62 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:49 PM

meh... my copy didn't even come in today via Amazon and I ordered in May with release date delivery!! I complained to Amazon and they gave me $5 credit I'll take it lol... still undecided about putting it up on Ebay though, we'll see.

Value is already tanking, just enjoy the game. I am enjoying it a lot more than Demon's Souls.

CAGFL: (187-31)

Doomtime1.png

#63 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:03 AM

Fancied up the OP with reviews and some strategy links and info. Also, Amazon currently has the hardcover guide for less than $14!

Reviews

Edited by eastx, 11 October 2011 - 07:29 AM.

#64 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:52 PM

Ordered my guide last night. Its OOS right now, but you can order it on backorder. Worth a shot to see if they get them again!

http://www.amazon.co...18168288&sr=8-1
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#65 Kevfactor

Kevfactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:18 PM

hmm so int is useless for a pyromancer? =p

i got the 12 dex for a bow and some str for the sword and been putting points in endurance, hope im doing it right lol

also joined some guild of white light last night, not sure what that does hehe.

#66 NightCat

NightCat

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:09 AM

anyone around SL 67 want to kill the wolf with me and will do the same for them. Hell i will let the other person go first i am hollow right now at the wolf den huge doors waiting. We should get a thread going on here to co op this bad boy. I love the game to death but co op with randoms takes like 30-2 hours maybe even more to find a random to bring me along to a boss fight. That is a long idle spree.

#67 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:46 AM

anyone around SL 67 want to kill the wolf with me and will do the same for them. Hell i will let the other person go first i am hollow right now at the wolf den huge doors waiting. We should get a thread going on here to co op this bad boy. I love the game to death but co op with randoms takes like 30-2 hours maybe even more to find a random to bring me along to a boss fight. That is a long idle spree.

I beat him at 50 something but I'm willing to help you beat him, that is if we end up on the same server. I beat him by rolling to avoid his attacks and then using Great Combustion (Pyromancy spell) when I had an opening.

TheVila.jpg
TheVila.png

#68 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:39 AM

Anyone know if it's okay to exit the game without quitting, by using the guide button?
(Turn off system/go to dashboard)

zantar45.jpg

#69 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:04 AM

Anyone know if it's okay to exit the game without quitting, by using the guide button?
(Turn off system/go to dashboard)

You might be ok, but there's explicitly a warning that doing so may cause your save to get corrupted, so do you really want to take that chance?

On the other hand I know I've gone into options and quit the game correctly through the menu, and STILL had a warning come up the next time I played that my game may not have been saved correctly, so go figure.

#70 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:25 AM

I always quit through the option screen, was just wondering if it was alright to do it the fast way.

Seems like every time I start to get into the thick of things, someone calls or wants something.
Have to do the "slow stand up while backing out of the room and navigating options" move.

#71 thetruelokre

thetruelokre

Secretly three gophers in a human costume

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:27 AM

my copy of the ce should be here today, I can't wait...

527753.png?23636769

#72 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:28 AM

Co-Optimus finally published our co-op review! It's highly detailed and focuses on the multiplayer functionality (while still covering the rest of the game too).

#73 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:26 AM

IGN's Dark Souls for dummies guide

#74 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:55 PM

Man, too lively in here!

Hardcore dude defeats Dark Souls in under 90 minutes

#75 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:24 PM

This is one of those games where I really wish there was a demo. I'm so on the fence about grabbing this but without a demo to actually test the "insane difficulty" to see if I even enjoy myself I can't justify anything over bargain bin prices.
Contact Friend Code - 1675-8841-8262
Tetris DS - 152435-004214
XBL - Nasum2

#76 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:40 PM

This is one of those games where I really wish there was a demo. I'm so on the fence about grabbing this but without a demo to actually test the "insane difficulty" to see if I even enjoy myself I can't justify anything over bargain bin prices.

Redbox now has it, only $2+tax.

zantar45.jpg

#77 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:51 PM

So is nobody playing this game? Or are you all too busy playing to talk about it? Lets go people. Lets talk. What weapon are you using?

Iaito +10 here.

#78 Fearia

Fearia

I'a Cthulhu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:27 PM

I've been playing. I love it. I'm now at level 30 or so.

#79 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:53 PM

Playing, but not posting- mainly stick to the Dark Souls thread in the PS3 section.

Level 75 Bandit
Battle Axe +10 (good)
Demon Spear +2 (better)
Quelaag's Furysword +2 (best)

#80 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:03 PM

Busy playing, although I had to take a week off because I was out of town. Level 28 thief, weapon's not worth mentioning. I'm still loving it, and trying to stay away from guides and such until I'm tired of playing.

#81 Daywalker

Daywalker

KNOW YOUR RANK

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:51 AM

Patch 1.05 is out!
Posted Image

#82 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:16 PM

Theres no party chat or private chat allowed in this game apparently.
Not that anyone wants to hear me screaming anyways.

Hey I got this game for Christmas and I can see why they removed party chat, it would be a bit easier to coordinate things with a partner and It's a bit more enjoyable summoning random people because you never know what to expect when it comes to that boss batttle.

I am loving this game and I'm sure I've died at least 300+ times since getting to Blight Town (which I just left, and apparently took a shortcut so now I get to go back there lol).

This game is great, I'm shocked by the lack of posts in this thread and also how little GOTY nods it has gotten. Was Demon Souls better, or are people just sleeping on this game? (I never played Demon Souls because I don't own a PS3.)

... or maybe people are just bitter because this game requires patience and you just can't mash your way through it.

Guess I spoke too soon, gametrailers gave this RPG over the year (over Skyrim!) http://www.gametrail...e-of-the/725240

Edited by Monsta Mack, 29 December 2011 - 06:17 PM.

#83 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

I just got this game about a week ago and I have about 35 hours in.

Needless to say, I'm a fan.

Anyone still playing it? I'd love to get some discussion going.

Currently just rang the two bells and took down the Catacombs.

And yes, I'd say I am enjoying Dark Souls more than Skyrim.

#84 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

One of my favorite games ever..I still play this constantly. How long did it take you to finish Blighttown? I really hated that place my first time playing....kept constantly getting lost.
Posted Image

#85 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

A few hours. I originally tried to go very early, since I got a rare drop from a ghost (Jagged Ghost Blade) on accident and it upped my ATK from like 20 to 175. I had the master key and went there and checked it out, but I eventually realized I was way out of my zone. Blightown is my most dreaded of areas so far. Same with the Catacombs, but once I came back with a divine weapon, it wasn't so bad.

#86 SnoT

SnoT

Twat Twat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

I played this to death on my ps3.. trying to find a deal on it to get it for my Xbox now is turning out to be a pain.

SnoT8282.png

#87 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

I played this to death on my ps3.. trying to find a deal on it to get it for my Xbox now is turning out to be a pain.

It's $25 at Gamefly now.