Photo
- - - - -

Suggestion - Trade-Ins

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Muthafodder

Muthafodder

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:02 PM

Why not expel the trade-in threads and discussions from the Video Game Deals forums.

I feel these discussions/threads only feed flipping mentality and are not video game deals anyways.

Thoughts?

Maybe they should go in "Other Deals & Requests?"

Edited by Muthafodder, 25 September 2011 - 04:25 PM.

#2 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:12 PM

So it's okay to feature deals where corporations sell us games, but you want to banish threads where we sell games to corporations? I think trade-ins are as much of a deal as buying games are.

I feel these discussions/threads only feed flipping mentality and are not video game deals anyways.

I had Mortal Kombat for four months before deciding to get rid of it. Because of the Best Buy trade-in thread in the deals forum, I found out that Best Buy, after the 50% promotion, was willing to give me $36.50 in store credit for a game that I stopped playing a while ago. How is that not a video game deal?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Muthafodder

Muthafodder

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:21 PM

So it's okay to feature deals where corporations sell us games, but you want to banish threads where we sell games to corporations? I think trade-ins are as much of a deal as buying games are.

I had Mortal Kombat for four months before deciding to get rid of it. Because of the Best Buy trade-in thread in the deals forum, I found out that Best Buy, after the 50% promotion, was willing to give me $36.50 in store credit for a game that I stopped playing a while ago. How is that not a video game deal?

I, and many others, hate to see money making game in Video Game Deals forum.

Why don't we just merge all forums into the video game deals since someone in the video game trade forums might have given you $40 for your game??

#4 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:41 PM

I, and many others, like to see money making game in Video Game Deals forum.

A good trade or flip is just as good of a deal as any other deal to a lot of people. If you don't like it....wait for it....ignore it.

#5 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:51 AM

i, and many others, like to see money making game in video game deals forum.

A good trade is just as good of a deal as any other deal to a lot of people. If you don't like it....wait for it....ignore it.

agreed 100%.

#6 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:03 AM

Yeah, definitely feel like you're in the minority here, OP. I have never heard of anyone else feeling this way. Totally feel that a flip is as much a deal as is a savings. Either way, they allow readers here to make a gain, and that looks the same no matter how it was done.
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#7 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:25 AM

Ignore them then. They're a deal for people who want to make some money off old games they aren't playing anymore. If people want to flip, its their choice. Leave them be.