Photo
- - - - -

PS3 Monkey Island: Special Edition Collection for $23(plus shipping) from Zavvi.com

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:50 PM

http://www.zavvi.com...n/10524621.html

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#2 Buuhan1

Buuhan1

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:19 AM

I had no idea the remasters got a retail release, but it's Europe and they tend to get those, so it makes sense. If this also included Tales that'd be a pretty rad disc.

http://www.youtube.com/KyleFedora

Posted Image
Backloggery

I'm 34 years old, and damned it, I want my freaking half-undressed anime chick.

In for 12 to afford a dozen roses for my body pillow Kimiko.

#3 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:24 AM

FYI, it has separate trophies, but it doesn't not have a platinum trophy.
Edit, never mind, it's a different game from Tales of Monkey Island (total of five chapters). So, it's like a sixth chapter...

#4 The_cheapest_Daddy

The_cheapest_Daddy

(>••)>†

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:02 AM

Am very tempted to order this, but will they ship to the U.S? & if so, how much?

#5 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:08 AM

That's like 3 Zavvi CE deals you've posted, there's gotta be a better way to consolidate these into one thread, didn't we have a UK imports thread that was made for this very reason? If people are fine with it then go nuts, but personally I think making multiple posts for the same site every time you see something that piques your interest is so.... "fire thief"

#6 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:10 AM

I bought both games for $14.99 a year or so ago on PSN. Still haven't played through the first but it is pretty fun. Great humor, and it's cool that you can switch to the original version at anytime. Can't say I'm fond of the controls though, the game was obviously designed with a keyboard and mouse in mind and it doesn't always translate well to a dualshock (specially when you have to switch from pulling/puhsing something quickly)

#7 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:16 AM

what makes this the Special edition?

#8 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:18 AM

what makes this the Special edition?

The games are remastered from the originals.

You get:

The Secret of Monkey Special Edition
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge Special Edition

You're probably thinking it's an SE in terms of extras, but it just refers to the game changes from the original 90's versions

#9 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:46 AM

Any discount codes?

#10 Buuhan1

Buuhan1

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:59 AM

FYI, it has separate trophies, but it doesn't not have a platinum trophy.
Edit, never mind, it's a different game from Tales of Monkey Island (total of five chapters). So, it's like a sixth chapter...

No, it's actually the very first two Monkey Island games remastered.

Posted Image
Backloggery

#11 fujimitsu

fujimitsu

I came to drink milk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:49 AM

Just wanted to chime in and let everyone know that this is well worth the asking price. Not a series to be missed by anyone with even a passing interest in adventure games.

And zavvi is great, prices and shipping are good considering the distance they travel.

#12 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:50 AM

anyone know if the 360 version is region free? I noticed theyw ere on sale last week and was gonna throw them in my order but couldn't find out if they were region free or not

#13 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:04 AM

how much is shipping to US?

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#14 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:29 AM

Apparently Zavvi WAS doing free shipping to even the U.S. for a while but according to THIS thread they stopped doing that, though at the end of the thread they seem to mention them charging £.99($1.53 U.S.) for shipping.

However for $24.49 U.S. you can get this game from Zavvi's sister site TheHut and all items there are marked with free shipping(even internationally).

http://www.thehut.co...n/10524621.html

Posted Image

#15 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:42 AM

thehuts marginally better than zavvi anyway. At least ive gotten half decent boxes on LE's from them before

still wondering on the 360 version being region free.. anyone? Id really prefer that version but i cant find info one way or the other

#16 no_exit

no_exit

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:55 PM

Picked this up with the EU Dark Souls LE and used the ZAVSEP50 code to save another 5.

#17 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:24 PM

No, it's actually the very first two Monkey Island games remastered.

Thanks for the correction, I have the five chapters from PSN (haven't play them yet though) and I only count the trophies :lol: They should have included a platinum trophy on this remastered Monkey Island.

#18 Ozium

Ozium

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:15 PM

still $14.99 on PSN for the bundle (both 1 and 2)

#19 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:24 PM

still $14.99 on PSN for the bundle (both 1 and 2)

Oh nice! Definitely go that route guys. I like having them on my system as it's the type of game that I just like to pick up and play now and then.

#20 Buuhan1

Buuhan1

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:51 PM

Yeah, all of the Monkey Island games (including the 5 chapters of Tales) are quite small. 1, 2, and all of Tales probably barely goes over 1gig.

Posted Image
Backloggery

#21 kurtori

kurtori

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:27 PM

I ordered one, had no idea this was coming out anywhere as a physical release. Thanks OP!

As for the Special Edition features, according to Amazon.co.uk the disc includes cool features, as well as exclusive DLC avatar items for both the Xbox 360 and PSN versions:

• Never-Before-Seen-Art: Concept art from the Special Edition versions of each game.
  • Animated Movie Storyboards: Storyboards and concept art from an Industrial Light & Magic exploration of a Monkey Island animated movie.
  • Avatar Goodies: Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network download codes to outfit your avatar in the best Monkey Island gear.
  • Making of webdocs and CG Trailer
  • Complete director commentary with Ron Gilbert, Tim Schafer and Dave Grossman

#22 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:50 PM

How is this a deal? Aren't they 10$ each on PSN?

Edit: ahh, even cheaper. Kinda silly to get this on a BR, i believe they are less than a gig combined. I deleted them a while ago but i know they were tiny.

I posted this for folks who prefer having a physical disc as opposed to just the downloadable versions.

Posted Image

#23 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:00 PM

Nice! I might get this for my girlfriend for Christmas along with the Arcana Heart 3 LE.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#24 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:08 PM

The games are remastered from the originals.

You get:

The Secret of Monkey Special Edition
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge Special Edition

You're probably thinking it's an SE in terms of extras, but it just refers to the game changes from the original 90's versions

Ah, Thanks. I'm pretty sure I already got these on steam then.

#25 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:56 PM

Nice deal on this. Just a heads up, there is some possibility that this will see a US release. Per the publisher, the European release is a test to see what demand is like. Assuming it sells well, they may do a US release, although obviously that could be months away or never.

#26 Buuhan1

Buuhan1

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:52 PM

Nice deal on this. Just a heads up, there is some possibility that this will see a US release. Per the publisher, the European release is a test to see what demand is like. Assuming it sells well, they may do a US release, although obviously that could be months away or never.

PSN releases don't generally see retail releases here in the states.

Posted Image
Backloggery

#27 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:03 AM

PSN releases don't generally see retail releases here in the states.

True, that's why it was reported on various news websites when this released in August that if it sells well in Europe, there is a chance it would be released here on PS3 and Xbox 360 disc.

http://www.gamepro.c...europe-for-now/

There have also been similar posts with even more specific discussions of the possibility on various adventure gaming sites. Like I said, it's possible it could still happen, but at $23, you aren't really risking much to buy it now.

#28 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:57 AM

thehuts marginally better than zavvi anyway. At least ive gotten half decent boxes on LE's from them before

still wondering on the 360 version being region free.. anyone? Id really prefer that version but i cant find info one way or the other

Still wondering too....
Posted Image

#29 Gamelore

Gamelore

Dark Elf Cleric

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:03 AM

We should have a thread on UK exclusives (physical vs DLC and otherwise).

This is a freaking badass release I hadn't even heard about! I LOVED the demo, but don't buy DLC. Best post on CAG I've seen in months. Thanks OP!

#30 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:13 AM

We should have a thread on UK exclusives (physical vs DLC and otherwise).!

We do have one: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=285588