Pilotwings Resort, Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever $19.99 Each at Amazon/Best Buy

Dr. Dib

CAGiversary!
Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever and Friends and Pilotwings Resort are both $19.99 at Amazon.com. This seems to be a pricematch of Bestbuy which has these games and all versions of Nintendogs for the 3DS at this price.

Edit: Amazon is now price matching on Nintendogs + Cats: Toy Poodle in case anyone is intersted

Not a bad deal if you're like me and have been holding onto your $20 3DS credit from Ocarina of Time 3D to the last minute.
iconamazon.gif
Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever
iconamazon.gif
Nintendogs + Cats Toy Poodle
iconamazon.gif
Pilotwings Resort
iconbestbuy.gif
Pilotwings Resort
iconbestbuy.gif
Nintendogs + Cats Bull Dog
iconbestbuy.gif
Nintendogs + Cats Poodle
Nintendogs + cats: Golden Retriever

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread title a tad misleading... made me think both were $19.99, together. Maybe the "+" should be an "or."

Or maybe I'm too picky... :)

[quote name='WilliamG']Thread title a tad misleading... made me think both were $19.99, together. Maybe the "+" should be an "or."

Or maybe I'm too picky... :)[/QUOTE]

I thought the same.

Those are good prices. Pilotwings can be fun, but even if you go for the gold in all courses, the game is still pretty short.

I found Nintendogs+Cats to be pretty good. It's essentially the same as the previous game, and the dogs and cats all behave in a way respective to their species. It takes the fun out of getting a new dog when you're really just getting another skin of your existing dog.

Still, worth $19.99. Both games look good in 3D too.

[quote name='WilliamG']Thread title a tad misleading... made me think both were $19.99, together. Maybe the "+" should be an "or."

Or maybe I'm too picky... :)[/QUOTE]

Fine, fixed :roll:

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Should I get Pilotwings Resort? Hmmm.[/QUOTE]

If you played any of the previous Pilotwings, I would recommend it. I had a great time playing this game and getting all the medals & unlockables. It has some shortcomings (some bonus levels should have been fleshed out, game really should have had standard skydiving), but I thought the game was well worth it (I got it for $30).

I picked up Pilotwings when I got my 3DS and it's a fun game. I enjoyed it and would say it would be a good pick up at $20. That's what I paid and I can't complain...

[quote name='Gden']My local Sam's has Nintendo dogs and cats for $7.[/QUOTE]

unless you plan to share where "local" is it really doesn't help us any...and are you certain it's nintendo dogs and cats for 3DS and not DS?

D'oh - I wish I knew these were on sale at Best Buy when I was there today trading in some games. I would rather just use my credit there than my Amazon credit at this point.

I even walked by the 3DS games and didn't see any sale tags (like they had up for Driver SF and the other console games that are on sale).

I might get Pilotwings next time I'm there.

[quote name='Dranakin']Tempted to get Pilotwings, but as someone said, I heard it's pretty much a tech demo. Gonna have to sit on it[/QUOTE]

Pilotwings Resort is just as full an experience as the 64 and SNES games; in fact, there is actually MORE content in Resort (despite all of it taking place in one location) due to the unlockable missions and the free flight collect-a-thon. I put 20 hours into the game and that isn't even getting "perfects" on all the missions.

The people who claim Pilotwings Resort is just a tech demo are the same short attention span casual gamers who think Star Fox 64 is only an hour long because that is how long it takes them to "beat the levels," completely ignoring the fact there are unlockable medals for obtaining high scores, multiple paths, and an Expert mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Pilotwings showed up in my Gold Box Deals last night, so I got an extra 5% off. So, yeah, kind of stupid but I decided to get it even though that only meant $1 more off ($18.99 instead of $19.99) :lol:.

[quote name='io']Well, Pilotwings showed up in my Gold Box Deals last night, so I got an extra 5% off. So, yeah, kind of stupid but I decided to get it even though that only meant $1 more off ($18.99 instead of $19.99) :lol:.[/QUOTE]

Showed up in my Gold Box as well. Thinking about using some credit to grab it.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Showed up in my Gold Box as well. Thinking about using some credit to grab it.[/QUOTE]

And of course I have credit to use at Amazon or I wouldn't have even considered it. I also have credit at Best Buy - but the $1 savings, and having it shipped to my house vs having to drive 10 miles to Best Buy made that decision pretty easy. I mean, I might have been up there for other reasons and then gotten it, but I'm not sure I'll be up there by Saturday when the price will go back to normal (I assume).

[quote name='io']And of course I have credit to use at Amazon or I wouldn't have even considered it. I also have credit at Best Buy - but the $1 savings, and having it shipped to my house vs having to drive 10 miles to Best Buy made that decision pretty easy. I mean, I might have been up there for other reasons and then gotten it, but I'm not sure I'll be up there by Saturday when the price will go back to normal (I assume).[/QUOTE]
Should still be the same price on Sat. at BB. Prices usually change on Sun. And if you go the way of the most famous GameCube codename with them - along with max bonuses - overall you could have it for less. Not much less, but why not take advantage when/if you're already in there. ;)

bread's done
Back