Photo
- - - - -

Pilotwings Resort, Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever $19.99 Each at Amazon/Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Dib

Dr. Dib

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:45 PM

Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever and Friends and Pilotwings Resort are both $19.99 at Amazon.com. This seems to be a pricematch of Bestbuy which has these games and all versions of Nintendogs for the 3DS at this price.

Edit: Amazon is now price matching on Nintendogs + Cats: Toy Poodle in case anyone is intersted

Not a bad deal if you're like me and have been holding onto your $20 3DS credit from Ocarina of Time 3D to the last minute.
Posted Image Nintendogs + Cats Golden Retriever
Posted Image Nintendogs + Cats Toy Poodle
Posted Image Pilotwings Resort
Posted Image Pilotwings Resort
Posted Image Nintendogs + Cats Bull Dog
Posted Image Nintendogs + Cats Poodle
Posted Image Nintendogs + cats: Golden Retriever

Edited by Dr. Dib, 28 September 2011 - 10:49 PM.

#2 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:14 AM

Thread title a tad misleading... made me think both were $19.99, together. Maybe the "+" should be an "or."

Or maybe I'm too picky... :)
www.bighugenerd.com

#3 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:24 AM

Should I get Pilotwings Resort? Hmmm.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#4 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:31 AM

Thread title a tad misleading... made me think both were $19.99, together. Maybe the "+" should be an "or."

I thought the same.

#5 cheeky

cheeky

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:39 AM

Perfect deal for me as I just got my 3ds today!!!!!

#6 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:50 AM

These games should be about $10 max, they're both basically demo games and don't have a lot of depth. Pass.

#7 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:50 AM

Those are good prices. Pilotwings can be fun, but even if you go for the gold in all courses, the game is still pretty short.

I found Nintendogs+Cats to be pretty good. It's essentially the same as the previous game, and the dogs and cats all behave in a way respective to their species. It takes the fun out of getting a new dog when you're really just getting another skin of your existing dog.

Still, worth $19.99. Both games look good in 3D too.

#8 Dr. Dib

Dr. Dib

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:09 AM

Fine, fixed :roll:

#9 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:50 AM

well...looks like my $15 GC to BB finally found a home.

#10 mariosbrother

mariosbrother

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:02 AM

Should I get Pilotwings Resort? Hmmm.

If you played any of the previous Pilotwings, I would recommend it. I had a great time playing this game and getting all the medals & unlockables. It has some shortcomings (some bonus levels should have been fleshed out, game really should have had standard skydiving), but I thought the game was well worth it (I got it for $30).

#11 devil_blog_dracula

devil_blog_dracula

What Nintendon't.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:17 AM

Looks like Ocarina of Time is back down to $30, too.

#12 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:44 AM

I picked up Pilotwings when I got my 3DS and it's a fun game. I enjoyed it and would say it would be a good pick up at $20. That's what I paid and I can't complain...

#13 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:51 AM

My local Sam's has Nintendo dogs and cats for $7.
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#14 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:14 AM

My local Sam's has Nintendo dogs and cats for $7.

unless you plan to share where "local" is it really doesn't help us any...and are you certain it's nintendo dogs and cats for 3DS and not DS?

#15 io

io

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:19 AM

D'oh - I wish I knew these were on sale at Best Buy when I was there today trading in some games. I would rather just use my credit there than my Amazon credit at this point.

I even walked by the 3DS games and didn't see any sale tags (like they had up for Driver SF and the other console games that are on sale).

I might get Pilotwings next time I'm there.

#16 phantomphoenix

phantomphoenix

Make It Loud!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:09 AM

My BB had a used $34.99 copy of Pilotwings sitting in front of the new ones, trying to hide their $19.99 price. :rofl:

#17 droider

droider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:47 AM

my voucher has some work to do, thanks op :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 deadkode

deadkode

savior of the vita

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:48 PM

picked up pilotwings. wanted it for a while, but not enough to drop $40 on it

#19 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:39 PM

Tempted to get Pilotwings, but as someone said, I heard it's pretty much a tech demo. Gonna have to sit on it

#20 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:22 PM

Yes, it was the 3DS game, and it was at the Athens, GA store. It's YMMV, probably
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#21 sandbag

sandbag

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:49 PM

Picked up Pilotwings.

Thanks OP :)

#22 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:41 PM

Love Pilotwings, got it with my system at launch. Might pick up Nintendogs though...

#23 io

io

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:57 PM

Well, Pilotwings showed up in my Gold Box Deals last night, so I got an extra 5% off. So, yeah, kind of stupid but I decided to get it even though that only meant $1 more off ($18.99 instead of $19.99) :lol:.

#24 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:15 PM

Well, Pilotwings showed up in my Gold Box Deals last night, so I got an extra 5% off. So, yeah, kind of stupid but I decided to get it even though that only meant $1 more off ($18.99 instead of $19.99) :lol:.

Showed up in my Gold Box as well. Thinking about using some credit to grab it.
Posted Image

#25 io

io

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:25 PM

Showed up in my Gold Box as well. Thinking about using some credit to grab it.

And of course I have credit to use at Amazon or I wouldn't have even considered it. I also have credit at Best Buy - but the $1 savings, and having it shipped to my house vs having to drive 10 miles to Best Buy made that decision pretty easy. I mean, I might have been up there for other reasons and then gotten it, but I'm not sure I'll be up there by Saturday when the price will go back to normal (I assume).

#26 phantomphoenix

phantomphoenix

Make It Loud!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:38 PM

And of course I have credit to use at Amazon or I wouldn't have even considered it. I also have credit at Best Buy - but the $1 savings, and having it shipped to my house vs having to drive 10 miles to Best Buy made that decision pretty easy. I mean, I might have been up there for other reasons and then gotten it, but I'm not sure I'll be up there by Saturday when the price will go back to normal (I assume).

Should still be the same price on Sat. at BB. Prices usually change on Sun. And if you go the way of the most famous GameCube codename with them - along with max bonuses - overall you could have it for less. Not much less, but why not take advantage when/if you're already in there. ;)