Battlefield 3 (360/PS3/PC) Pre-order Bonuses and Deals Thread

• Please log in to reply
442 replies to this topic

#271 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:36 AM

I was told at BB today when picking up my game that the code came via email and there was an issue with the first code they will send and BB is aware of it and sending a 2nd code

So can we get 2 codes? That would be awesome!

#272 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:06 AM

The game should be unlocked if you have a PC.

Just woke up.
Had it preloaded.
Ready to play.
Tomorrow work.
But right now, play.
All night.
Fuck yeah
My penis = sore tomorrow
brb

#273 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:32 AM

So, I got the code from BB, just it's the dog tags. I thought that was for Amazon.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#274 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:36 AM

...So how did you pre-order, and how did you receive the code???

#275 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:37 AM

damn the Karkand DLC is going for $25+ on ebay

#276 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:39 AM

I preordered in store via kiosk. They let us in early (11pm) to pay off the preorders early. I was chatting with other cumstomers so I didn't notice if they scanned an extra UPC or anything. Code was on the bottom of my receipt.
Posted Image

#277 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:45 AM

Sounds like an additional UPC...

#278 Nealocus123

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:29 AM

Best Buy and Amazons codes were mixed up. Got an official employee news e-mail. Best Buy will be re issuing the SPECTAT codes by Tuesday afternoon.

#279 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:36 PM

I never even got a first code from them. Fucking BB screws everything up. Not that I'm surprised, I'm just sick of this shit.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#280 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:52 PM

WTF? Just about every serious BF3 purchaser will get a LE, especially people buying today. I'm expecting to see only $15-20, and that's down the road when most of the LE dry up, and it's not released yet.

Why can't the physical warfare pack go for $25? lol

#281 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:06 PM

Why can't BB actually give us our fucking SPECACT kits? I am so pissed today, reading about another BB clusterf*uck that we're going to have to wade through to get our damn DLC. After the inevitable bloody fight it's going to require to get my 5/$100 bonus, I'll be so glad to be done with pre-ordering from BB for awhile. Just going to spend my bonus money on some holiday sale stuff, and otherwise stay away from them for awhile. This is just ridiculous.

#282 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:19 PM

Why can't BB actually give us our fucking SPECACT kits? I am so pissed today, reading about another BB clusterf*uck that we're going to have to wade through to get our damn DLC. After the inevitable bloody fight it's going to require to get my 5/$100 bonus, I'll be so glad to be done with pre-ordering from BB for awhile. Just going to spend my bonus money on some holiday sale stuff, and otherwise stay away from them for awhile. This is just ridiculous.

Dude, it's Best Buy. I learned during the Gears of War 3 fiasco that the people who run the show don't care. I didn't expect anything different with this, since we never heard about them fixing/changing any thing. B:AC's went smoothly because they put the DLC in the case, lol. Maybe they should just do that from now. Then you at least have it.

#283 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:34 PM

The Online Pass IS the Karkand Map Pack or at least it will be available for free (for those with the Online Pass) WHEN the map actually comes out.

Anyway, I'm seeing a lot of people not getting their SPEC DLC well same here.
For those saying it's on the receipt, where exactly would it be?

#284 Rhett

Rhett

Global Defense Initiative

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:36 PM

What is this I don't even. I mean, it's worth at least $10 since it's an online pass but how and why are people selling the codes by themselves?! BF3 is useless without the online pass!
Steam: Rhett816

#285 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:45 PM

What is this I don't even. I mean, it's worth at least $10 since it's an online pass but how and why are people selling the codes by themselves?! BF3 is useless without the online pass!

Flippers. Or there is a small minority of people that bought this for the SP aspect.

If you're looking at it from a flipping perspective. The Preorder bonus sells for $15, the game $40, The code $25. So that's $80 on a game that cost $60 with a $20 GC. Effectively doubling your money for cash.

The BBY flippers have credit built up and could have used it as 1 of the 5/$100. Meaning the same as above and getting one of the 5/$100 out of the way all while converting their BBY credit into cash.

#286 SamuraiINC

SamuraiINC

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:11 PM

Weird, I had $10 automatic promotional credit even though I don't remember ordering anything prior to this. Then I get an email for $20 code. So... I order Skyrim with Release Day shipping and total comes out to $29.99. Also Skyrim comes with $10 credit so it feels like a $19.99 purchase to me. Anyone else get in a similar situation. It's like BF3 came with a $30 credit instead. I'm happy though! :)
Posted Image

#287 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:12 PM

Can any one look on their BBY receipt and post the SKU number for their SPECACT DLC? I would like to know the PS3 one.

#288 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:41 PM

Can any one look on their BBY receipt and post the SKU number for their SPECACT DLC? I would like to know the PS3 one.

My receipt did not have a code!

#289 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

It will only be emailed and right now they fucked up giving out the same codes Amazon got, so we're waiting on the correct batch.

For the people who did get an email, did you have to do anything special? I mean, they verified my email when I pre-ordered and picked it up so there's nothing logically stopping them from sending me a code.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#290 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:55 PM

In the BB thread, an "employee" said the clerks had to ring it up correctly for the code to print.

EDIT:

They changed the system again. Now assuming you preordered and their was preorder dlc the cashier has to hit suggested sale (F10) and add the dlc. Issue is hardly anyone in the company knows this since they did a terrible job of informing us. I was added to my store's midnight release at the last moment and was the only one who knew about it so the 20+ ppl who preordered/picked up at midnight almost didn't get their dlc.

It charges you $5 but packages out to 0 once the cashier hits total. The upside to this is the code is right on the receipt but the downside is if your cashier doesn't know about then no dlc for you.

Also not sure why some stores had next to no LE. My store only had about 60 preorders and we easily had 100 LE on PS3, 100 on 360 and 50 on PC and another 100+ non-LE for each. I think my store just gets lucky since when BB was reporting they oversold on Forza CE we had 10 but only 4 preorders.

Posted Image

#291 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:59 PM

In the BB thread, an "employee" said the clerks had to ring it up correctly for the code to print.

Are you kidding me? So now that I've picked mine up how would I go about getting the DLC? Why are some people reporting getting an email then? What about the code mix-up with people getting codes for the dog tags. Fuck I hate the idiots at corporate.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#292 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:02 PM

Are you kidding me? So now that I've picked mine up how would I go about getting the DLC? Fuck I hate the idiots at corporate.

Can post on the BBY forums, but they will probably say to go back in to the store

#293 timmylamb

timmylamb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:03 PM

Just an FYI I picked my game up at midnite and I got the SPECACT DLC code on my receipt about halfway down the page AND they emailed it to me, it was the same code, I have not used the code because everyone is saying it is for the dog tags so I cannot verify what it is for yet, but I got the email last nite as well.

#294 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:05 PM

Just an FYI I picked my game up at midnite and I got the SPECACT DLC code on my receipt about halfway down the page AND they emailed it to me, it was the same code, I have not used the code because everyone is saying it is for the dog tags so I cannot verify what it is for yet, but I got the email last nite as well.

You can verify it before claiming, at least that's how the product code worked. I don't think it redeems until you click next a second time.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#295 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:07 PM

To get the code, they have to do the "F10" procedure. I went back and had them do it. However it required a return. If you don't want to do a return, you would have to ask for SKU 3823165 for the PS3.

If you didn't preorder, tell them to do it so you get it (maybe even for free) :)

#296 orion1998_1

orion1998_1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:12 PM

witch thread

#297 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:31 PM

This is BS way to go BB! Damn!

#298 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:34 PM

Are UPC codes the same for all retailers? This might be the case since BB has their dlc on receipt and not in case. Also any difference between LE and regular besides the Limited Edition on the game cover? Mainly is UPC the same? And most importantly are sku's or item on receipt differentiate? Would like to pick up LE and maybe return a regular if needed.

#299 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:35 PM

Are UPC codes the same for all retailers? This might be the case since BB has their dlc on receipt and not in case. Also any difference between LE and regular besides the Limited Edition on the game cover? Mainly is UPC the same? And most importantly are sku's or item on receipt differentiate? Would like to pick up LE and maybe return a regular if needed.

LE has return to karkand, regular does not.

#300 timmylamb

timmylamb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:44 PM

You can verify it before claiming, at least that's how the product code worked. I don't think it redeems until you click next a second time.

thanks man i'm gonna give it a shot then