Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

[quote name='panzerfaust']Wasn't it poorly received on 360?[/QUOTE]
Seems like you have to love this kind of game.

Really wanting this game but I missed the gameshare ;___;

If you're a fan of the GBA and DS games, I'm sure this game is going to be a major treat!

Easily 120+ Hours played on 360. Huge Fan!

And yes, bought the PS3 version and all DLC on day one. :D

Add me on PSN (OrangeGouf) if you want to play! :eek:

I was busy getting the Dark Souls plat. Since I'm done with that, I can return to this. Thanks to 4P farming, its quite easy to get all the best gear for everyone. So far I maxed Shanoa and Soma. Currently working on Julius and Richter, I just need their DLC subs to lvl 9. After that, I'm rolling with Simon and maybe Fuma.

I already have this game on Xbox 360 but a good number of my Castlevania-head friends are on PS3. I'm thinking about picking it up again just to play with them.

Question though: I'm new to the PS3 myself so I'm not sure how profile logins work but does everyone in Local Co-Op have their own save/profile or do all the items/skill/etc go to one account?

Very fun game if you're a fan of SotN, Aria of Sorrow, and the others.
But still, I've got a few complaints:
1. hours and hours of grinding
2. not enough enemies
3. you need like a 100 inch screen TV to play local coop effectively
4. you can't have two players local join online. If X-Men, Castle Crashers, and Black Ops could do it, then so could HoD.

[quote name='Blackshear']Is it enjoyable to play alone?[/QUOTE]

YES!!! I was hesitant b/c most reviews said its too hard and not fun playing alone. What b/s!! I had a blast playing alone and had no trouble beating all 7 chapters on normal. Dracula's third form gave me trouble tho. I was using Julius btw.

I have played through a few levels alone and it is absolutely worth it. It's like playing the GBA/DS versions on the big screen.

[quote name='tempbast']
3. you need like a 100 inch screen TV to play local coop effectively[/QUOTE]

You just need all local players to stick to the same screen area.

As for playing alone, its enjoyable. Currently, finished Richter and working on Julius. Its fun Omnia-cancelling, but I miss Richter's DPS.

yes, helpful to learn boss patterns
imo, it's not fun to farm for spells, but it's easier to gain spell with Charlotte in single player

[quote name='Supplice']You just need all local players to stick to the same screen area.
[/QUOTE]

well that's not efficient. And that will only work on a few stages like chapter 1 and 6, because on other chapters you spawn in different locations, right? (uncertain since i've only played stage 1 with 4 players.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Supplice']You just need all local players to stick to the same screen area.
[/QUOTE]

well that's not efficient. And that will only work on a few stages like chapter 1 and 6, because on other chapters you spawn in different locations.

So is anyone willing to play some of this with me? I was a huge fan of the 360 version and put countless hours in, but my 360 croaked so I'm on PS3 now. Let me know!

[quote name='bsmiff']So is anyone willing to play some of this with me? I was a huge fan of the 360 version and put countless hours in, but my 360 croaked so I'm on PS3 now. Let me know![/QUOTE]
I would if I had it, hmm... I just posted regarding a potential group in the gameshare thread, so hopefully some people will join. :)

[quote name='Josh1billion']I would if I had it, hmm... I just posted regarding a potential group in the gameshare thread, so hopefully some people will join. :)[/QUOTE]

Nice. My copy's out of shares, otherwise I'd do the same. Drop me a friend request on PSN if you get into it.

Do you know what the file size of the game (+ DLC) is? There's a guy in the gameshare thread who's in if the file size is small enough.

edit: turns out the game is 772 MB

Hello CAGs,

Feel free to add OGM_Diva & OGM_Madness on PSN.

Those are mines and my wife's IDs. We have played this game for 300 hours now, so if anyone needs help or just needs one more to play with, send us an invite. OGM_Diva plays more often, so add her.

Also, I plan on buying a second ps3 in order to play with her online, so if anyone know of a good deal, please share.

Thanks

Our Castlevania: HoD + all DLC group has completed, so I'm down to play. Anyone who plays who I didn't add already, feel free to add me: Josh1billion

[quote name='reynold4490']Feel free to add OGM_Diva & OGM_Madness on PSN.[/QUOTE]
Added.

Got some requests and am sending some out. This weekend's triple XP in Red Dead, so I won't be on HoD 'til next week.

i want to get back into this game & would really like to get some gear. I have all DLC, but I got stuck/sick on that spider puppet boss (lvl 2 or 3?)

sent some FRs

bread's done
Back