Darksiders PC w/shirt, cloth map, hardcover manual, and pin $14.99 shipped

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:13 PM

THQ's online store is offering a bundle of Darksiders (it's a Steamworks title) for the PC, along with a Cloth Map (ah the Ultima 6 memories...), a hardcover manual, a shirt in XL only and a little pin for a whopping $14.99 shipped.

Granted, if you have no interest in the extras, you'd be better off waiting for a Steam sale, as it has been at $4.99 multiple times. But, if you are a fan of the IP, $15 seems decent for just the extras (you can always trade/sell the game code as well).

Only problem is, I can't deduce what the hell is ON the shirt, as the microscopic thumbnail isn't exactly conducive to that end...it may be the European pre-order...

http://store.thq.com...uctID.185491400
[URL="http://raptr.com/Blut_Teufel?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#2 jr8rulz

jr8rulz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:11 PM

thanks for the post. BUT since THQ is shipped by digital river...I'll skip this one.

#3 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:58 PM

thanks for the post. BUT since THQ is shipped by digital river...I'll skip this one.

You've had problems with Digital River too? I had many issues with orders that were fulfilled by them . . . they seem pretty useless. One order was never shipped at all, I contacted them and they said they'd fix it, nothing happened . . . this went on for weeks. Finally I initiated a PayPal chargeback, and later two identical orders arrived for the same games. They are really terrible at fulfillment.

#4 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:11 PM

Dammit, I bought this on release thinking it was some kind of exclusive limited thing. I don't really regret it as yeah, I do love the IP (and gave the game code to a friend). The shirt is gray with a black/yellow screened image of Ruin in kind of a funky style (I guess if it was full color his hooves would be smoking or something) with the logo on the front. The back says The Horseman Cometh with the URL to the game page on the bottom.
Posted Image

#5 Daviddenton3

Daviddenton3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:56 PM

Stuff like this is why I need to stop coming here, i always find stuff like this that i buy on a whim.
Already have the game on PS3 but the bonuses are what i'm really buying. Doesn't hurt having the game on Steam either.
Digital River does suck but its not like i'm expecting it in a timely manner (like my MvC3 preorder)

#6 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:13 PM

is shipping to alaska/hawaii free? i didn't want to fill out all my personal information just to find out, and it doesn't say in the support section.

#7 stavros45

stavros45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:56 AM

Stuff like this is why I need to stop coming here, i always find stuff like this that i buy on a whim.
Already have the game on PS3 but the bonuses are what i'm really buying. Doesn't hurt having the game on Steam either.
Digital River does suck but its not like i'm expecting it in a timely manner (like my MvC3 preorder)

Same here I have the game on for the 360 but I'm a sucker for cloth maps. Appreciate everyone's warnings on the shipper, though.
The D Pad.
An appreciation of all games new and old, good and bad.

#8 Daviddenton3

Daviddenton3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:37 AM

any clue how big the cloth map is? i didn't get a chance to look at the items before check out. Developed a habit of rushing through the checkout process to avoid an item sellout before i get one.
I hope the hardcover manual is at least a semi artbook otherwise a hardcover instruction manual seems needless (they aren't book size enough to be hardcover)

#9 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:39 AM

Got mine in today. Cloth map is probably 12"x12", maybe a bit bigger. Hardcover book is very nice, and I really like the shirt as well. Well worth it for the price. Also, absolutely no issues ordering or getting it from Digital River.

#10 Daviddenton3

Daviddenton3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:38 AM

Kewl, the tracking page says its been in my town since the day before yesterday but my apartment office hasn't seen it, they didn't leave it in any of the mail or package boxes and didn't leave a note telling me to come get it from the post office...
Seeing as i checked all of these places at 5 its unlikely it came late.
I hope its there tomorrow or i'm going to be mad.

#11 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:20 AM

Can someone post a pic of hardcover book. Fan of the game, but a fan more so of the artist Joe Madureira since his Deadpool/Uncanny X-Men days. Pre-Ordered this at Gamestop on launch just for the comic/art book. Hardcover book is the only thing holding me back for purchase.
:bouncy:HAPPY GAMING:bouncy:
Tradelist Posted ImageThere is no need to fight, there are items for all:-P
Perrin Kaplan on Sex/Violence in Games -"Parents who use video games as a babysitter shouldn't have sex to begin with"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#12 Sentinel

Sentinel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:24 AM

Did anybody actually get this? I ordered it three weeks ago, but no update from THQ / DR. Thanks.

#13 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:55 AM

Did anybody actually get this? I ordered it three weeks ago, but no update from THQ / DR. Thanks.

I did. I actually got the package close to two weeks ago? maybe three. came in a padded envelope but not much to get destroyed so it came in perfectly good condition. did u email them (i believe i've heard their shipping sucks, but i've personally never had trouble wit it)

#14 Sentinel

Sentinel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:18 AM

I finally have an update for this... after two months, I get an email from THQ that the "hardcover manual" is no longer available, with a code for $10 off a THQ store purchase.

Then I get an email indicating that the order has shipped... presumably without the unavailable manual. I figured they would cancel the order if one of the components (part of a package) was not available, but they are sending it anyway. So I am paying $15 for everything but the manual, and a $10 discount.

Sounds reasonable, except I was mostly interested in the manual, and I can't think of anything else to get from THQ at this point that I can't get for more than $10 less elsewhere. Thoughts?

SPVietBoy: So what is the manual like?

#15 jr8rulz

jr8rulz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:49 PM

I finally have an update for this... after two months, I get an email from THQ that the "hardcover manual" is no longer available, with a code for $10 off a THQ store purchase.

Then I get an email indicating that the order has shipped... presumably without the unavailable manual. I figured they would cancel the order if one of the components (part of a package) was not available, but they are sending it anyway. So I am paying $15 for everything but the manual, and a $10 discount.

Sounds reasonable, except I was mostly interested in the manual, and I can't think of anything else to get from THQ at this point that I can't get for more than $10 less elsewhere. Thoughts?

While i cant advocate buying from THQ online store, you could use the $10 off to order darksiders 2. save some cash on a game your likely to buy anyway if your a fan of the first.

#16 Sentinel

Sentinel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:32 PM

While i cant advocate buying from THQ online store, you could use the $10 off to order darksiders 2. save some cash on a game your likely to buy anyway if your a fan of the first.

Thanks, a reasonable idea.

Actually, I don't know if I am a Darksiders fan... just played the demo, then bought this. ;) I could have gotten the game during a Steam sale for $5, but this package looked nice for $15.

At this point I am thinking of getting the Tau Commander for DOW: Retribution... it's $10 that I normally wouldn't want to spend on DLC. That way I also don't have to deal with the THQ store anymore.

#17 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

Well credit to my man HoneybakedHam, but on the THQ UK site they have Space Marin for $18 bucks. IDK if you can use the coupon or if the UK version registers on a US Steam account.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=310682