NES Cartridge art- GIVEAWAY OVER- Winners announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomdud

CAGiversary!
Feedback
237 (100%)
Contest ends: 10/7/2011 at 12:30 PM EST

http://deathofnormailty.blogspot.com/2011/10/nes-cartridge-art-giveaway-2-different.html

EDIT:
[quote name='randomdud']So far everyone seems to have specified which cart they prefer first and followed the other rules. Thanks for reading, folks, and hopefully with everyone's interest and help I can convince 72pins' team to donate carts in the future.

However, just thought of this: let's hit some milestones. I'm currently at about 150 entries. Let's hit 250 by Wednesday and I'll include a super secret related prize with each cart. If we hit more than 250, I'll have to come up with something even better than what I'm planning. I dare ya to make me spend more money, CAG! :booty:

/I'm going to regret this so much :lol:[/QUOTE]

D'oh! Seems like I forgot to include the tumblr and twitter entries for 72Pins! That puts us at around 300 entries already. I'm going to have to raise the bar to 375 because we need solid goals! :hot:

END EDIT!

Hello, everyone. I have one of each design pictured above from the awesome 72Pins.com (1 Shadow of the Colossus NES, 1 Halo NES). These cartridge designs are almost entirely for display purposes only, as the games underneath them are not changed to be based on the games of the same name, so please be aware of that. Here's how to enter (You can get multiple, up to 8, entries by doing more than one listed method). Please post your order of preference if you happen to win as well. :)

Contest ends: 10/7/2011 at 12:30 PM EST

Method 1- post a comment on this blog post/forum thread- with a preferred way to contact you (email/ CAG username/ the Kartel Username)

Method 2- Send me a tip for an article to write about or a cool picture or something awesome at [email protected]

Method 3- Follow this blog (The Death of Normailty) with your Google Account on the right hand side or follow http://blog.72pins.com/ with your Tumblr account on the top right.

Method 4- Like us on Facebook here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Death-of-Normailty/111245082245001

Method 5- Follow either twitter account @ ObsidianSpy or @72Pins and/or mention our usernames in conjunction with this giveaway -
https://twitter.com/ObsidianSpy
http://twitter.com/#!/72_pins

Method 6 & 7- Post this giveaway on another forum or website to help spread the word. Please include a link to where you posted this giveaway in your entry post or email. You can do this entry method twice if you have two sites you'd like to share it on.

Method 8- Donate any amount you'd like through the Paypal bar on the right hand side. The one additional entry is only for amounts over 10 cents, though.

Good luck and may the best 2 people win.

Sincerely,
From the 72Pins' Team
And myself, TheDeathofNormailty owner, Randomdud also known as Obsidian Spire

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally wanted teh deadspace one, but I will take a halo one if I win it :) You can contact me via PM here also

I'm kind of surprised so many of you want the Halo one over SOTC. SOTC is so much more epic and it just released that dual pack recently. You'd think that would give it a boost lol.

Best way to contact me is my CAG username.

Personally I like the SOTC one the best. They all look really good though ;)

Thanks for the chance!

Note: I did try commenting on the blog post, but it keeps telling me I don't own my Wordpress account =/

Best way to contact me is through CAG.

I normally wouldn't enter this because the odds are low and someone else may get more "use" out of it than ma, but I really was hoping the Halo ones would last through the new year, but they have already sold out!

That makes this my last shot, so... Here I am!

Good luck to everyone else though
but only on the SotC. :cool:

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Best way to contact me is my CAG username.

Personally I like the SOTC one the best. They all look really good though ;)

Thanks for the chance!

Note: I did try commenting on the blog post, but it keeps telling me I don't own my Wordpress account =/[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I haven't had people report any issues commenting on the blog posts before. Let me try this for myself and I'll get back to you.

Edit: It gave me the same error at first, but after I logged in at the main wordpress site and came back to comment, it asked to authorize my wordpress to provide data to Blogger, which is when it worked. Try that? If you still have issues, feel free to just send me a PM/email and I'll try to figure it out some more. However, if other people have issues commenting with wordpress and can't figure it out, I suggest trying another one of the five or so different accounts Blogger offers to make comments. I've never had an issue with my google accounts commenting *fingers crossed.*

[quote name='dv8mad']Oh, also posting the contest on my own site for another entry. It will be on the front page of dv8CAG.com in the news in a few minutes.[/QUOTE]
Thanks so much for promoting the giveaway. I'll mark down that you get an extra entry in my entries document. :)

I like SoTC, but for some reason the artwork on these just doesn't appeal to me that much. I'd prefer the Halo one. PM would be an acceptable way to get ahold of me.

Another thing I've been considering is which game to put inside the cart. I know they come with a random game, but what would be really neat would be, say a Metal Gear Solid cart made with a Metal Gear inside or Castlevania: Symphony of the Night with Castlevania. It would just take my handy Nintendo screwdriver bit, a creative mind, and a trip to Disc Replay.

The problem I'm having with the current ones is the inability to find companion games. Okami and Katamari and SotC are truly unique games so there's nothing from the NES-era that is at all similar. For Killzone or Halo, I suppose I could do something like Hogan's Alley :D

SI

So far everyone seems to have specified which cart they prefer first and followed the other rules. Thanks for reading, folks, and hopefully with everyone's interest and help I can convince 72pins' team to donate carts in the future.

However, just thought of this: let's hit some milestones. I'm currently at about 150 entries. Let's hit 250 by Wednesday and I'll include a super secret related prize with each cart. If we hit more than 250, I'll have to come up with something even better than what I'm planning. I dare ya to make me spend more money, CAG! :booty:

/I'm going to regret this so much :lol:

[quote name='randomdud']So far everyone seems to have specified which cart they prefer first and followed the other rules. Thanks for reading, folks, and hopefully with everyone's interest and help I can convince 72pins' team to donate carts in the future.

/I'm going to regret this so much :lol:[/QUOTE]

D'oh! Seems like I forgot to include the tumblr and twitter entries for 72Pins! That puts us at around 300 entries already. I'm going to have to raise the bar to 375 because we need solid goals! :hot:

[quote name='badaboomxx']From here PM badaboomxx and that is all.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='The Chop Suey']contact me through CAG![/QUOTE]

Both of you need to specify your order of preference if you happen to win.

Entered the contests, followed on twitter/retweeted, followed on Google, liked on Facebook. The Halo cart is nice

Contact is best via CAG

I like the HALO cart the best.
The best way to contact me is a PM on CAG
Liked on Facebook Left my CAG tag there
following on twitter @archangelreb

I would love to win the Halo one. Went to buy one, but they're sold out :( please contact through PM here

Entry list is updated. We're at about 350 entries, guys. 25 more by the end of tomorrow and I'll include some awesome shit with the carts. :S Be sure to spread the word to your friends!

[quote name='randomdud']Entry list is updated. We're at about 350 entries, guys. 25 more by the end of tomorrow and I'll include some awesome shit with the carts. :S Be sure to spread the word to your friends![/QUOTE]

WOOOOOOOOO! We can do it!!! :bouncy:

You guys have 14 hours left to scrape together enough entries for even more free stuff. If you visit popular sites, go post about this there. Some suggestions if you have accounts in these various places: reddit, escapistmagazine forums, or developer forums. Just link to it and you get a free entry.

Only 2.5 hours left before the chance to win more free stuff is lost! I haven't checked if y'all reached 375 yet, but I know you guys are close! :D

So I got around to checking the total number of entries and y'all did it! Good job folks! The extra stuff that will now be shipped to the winners as well as the cartridges are: A. For the SOTC cart- a complete copy of Shadow of the Colossus PS2 and some swag; B. For the Halo Cart- A choice between an unopened Halo 3: ODST guide & some Halo related items, or a complete copy of Halo 1 on the original Xbox and some Halo related items.

Once again: the entries for this contest are open until Friday October 7th at 12:30 PM EST, so make sure you enter and tell your friends who are interested!

So I have a question for y'all about my contest. What sort of things would make them better in the future? I typically run a contest once every month or so, so this advice would be highly appreciated. Please and thank you. :)

Damn, I made some errors calculating the numbers, so this took a little longer than usual.

Winner List: #1- choice of all three options :S. Mayfield, CAG username: archangelreb
Second winner: Pdwayne
Backup in case one of the others don't respond: Captain Urahara

This is awesome I won I can't believe it ,randomdud I sent you a pm with my info thanks again to 72 pins and CAG.:applause::D

[quote name='Captain Urahara']No offense, but I hope one of them doesn't respond. It sucks to be picked as a back-up but then the winners respond. Just gives false hope =\[/QUOTE]

Maybe I shouldn't have announced my backup... Sorry, just wanted to post it so I don't forget. I think the other winner wanted Halo as well, so hopefully he'll just say he's not interested/not reply by noon Saturday. You never know sometimes, man. :D

[quote name='archangelreb']This is awesome I won I can't believe it ,randomdud I sent you a pm with my info thanks again to 72 pins and CAG.:applause::D[/QUOTE]
Archangelreb decided he wanted the Halo cart along with the copy of Halo 1, so the second place winner gets the SOTC cart and SOTC PS2 and some swag if he replies by noon EST Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back