Photo
- - - - -

ICO/SotC Collection, GOW: OC, Resistance/Uncharted Pack, SOCOM 4 $24.99 Ea @ Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
1198 replies to this topic

#1171 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:02 AM

Here's another question. If I place an order for in-store pickup tomorrow, can I still use the @gamer coupon on the order when I buy the magazine tomorrow?

You can't use the coupon for an online order, so no. You would have to do a return rebuy and you would be rebuying when the game is no longer on sale.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#1172 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:15 AM

Hey guys: I went yesterday and both games ring up 24.99 AND 1 coupon (meaning 1 scan) takes off the discount for both games. No override is needed.

Slow . . . what store did you go to? I got the same deal at the Gurnee, IL store. One coupon and $20 off the pair.

I tried at the very start when GOW was ringing up as full price and it needed a manager override just to get to $25 . . . then the fucking manager wouldn't give me the extra coupon discount. This was at the Racine, WI store.

I think corporate took all the online flak into account and has made it easier. In this case, kudos to BB for wising up.

#1173 skateraXVIII

skateraXVIII

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:19 AM

Finally just broke down and bought a stupid magazine even though I have the subscription.

I had taken an @gamer magazine (intending to buy it), the Ico/Shadow Collection, and GoW Collection up to the cashier. I asked if it would be okay if I got both games with one coupon from the magazine that I was intending to buy. Cashier told me "no". I wasn't going to bring up the fact that I hadn't gotten my magazine yet in the mail, but since she was being a stickler I told her that I shouldn't even be having to buy a fucking magazine to get in on this deal. She gave me some bull-crap about not being able to scan the coupon twice, but that since I hadn't received my magazine yet that I could "borrow" a copy of the magazine from the store... but still only use the coupon on one game not both. I said whatever, and said if that was the case I'll just buy the other magazine since I really wanted both games. I was a bit annoyed to see her tear out the coupon from the magazine I had bought after arguing with her, but at that point I just wanted to just leave since there was 3-4 people waiting behind me and I didn't want to hold up the line any longer.

In the end I got both GoW and Ico along with the magazine for $35 + tax. Not bad but it could have worked out better.

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#1174 mr mellow

mr mellow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:27 AM

Finally just broke down and bought a stupid magazine even though I have the subscription.

I had taken an @gamer magazine (intending to buy it), the Ico/Shadow Collection, and GoW Collection up to the cashier. I asked if it would be okay if I got both games with one coupon from the magazine that I was intending to buy. Cashier told me "no". I wasn't going to bring up the fact that I hadn't gotten my magazine yet in the mail, but since she was being a stickler I told her that I shouldn't even be having to buy a fucking magazine to get in on this deal. She gave me some bull-crap about not being able to scan the coupon twice, but that since I hadn't received my magazine yet that I could "borrow" a copy of the magazine from the store... but still only use the coupon on one game not both. I said whatever, and said if that was the case I'll just buy the other magazine since I really wanted both games. I was a bit annoyed to see her tear out the coupon from the magazine I had bought after arguing with her, but at that point I just wanted to just leave since there was 3-4 people waiting behind me and I didn't want to hold up the line any longer.

In the end I got both GoW and Ico along with the magazine for $35 + tax. Not bad but it could have worked out better.

These BB employees act like the money is coming out of there pockets for the magazine just ridiculous to insist on someone have to purchase a separate magazine to complete a transaction which clearly shows both games on said coupon. This gamers club thing is just a staright farse!

#1175 skateraXVIII

skateraXVIII

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:39 AM

These BB employees act like the money is coming out of there pockets for the magazine just ridiculous to insist on someone have to purchase a separate magazine to complete a transaction which clearly shows both games on said coupon. This gamers club thing is just a staright farse!

She read the front of the coupon which says something to the effect of "Save $10 on the Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection or God of War Origins Collection" and then told me it was one or the other, not both.

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#1176 mr mellow

mr mellow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:01 AM

She read the front of the coupon which says something to the effect of "Save $10 on the Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection or God of War Origins Collection" and then told me it was one or the other, not both.

Yea, forgot it does state one or the other..Guess it a BIG ymmv to actually get a cashier to just scan the same coupon twice for both games as there has been some success reported doing this, although hit or miss.

#1177 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:21 AM

Sweet!

I went back to Best Buy today with my copy of GoW Origins that I had them price-match from the website 2 weeks ago (but couldn't use the coupon). It's now $24.99 in store so I wanted to use my second coupon from another magazine. The lady was like "no, you can't do dat! See it say not wit sale itumz!" but I was like, "please, just humor me." Sure enough the game rang up at $24.99 and the coupon dropped $10 off, no override needed.

So she did a return, rebuy, and I got the game for about $11 after a $5 rewardzone cert. Nice feeling having her hand me over a $20 somewhere in that transaction.

ach.png

#1178 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:22 AM

Yea, forgot it does state one or the other..Guess it a BIG ymmv to actually get a cashier to just scan the same coupon twice for both games as there has been some success reported doing this, although hit or miss.

IMO, the key to getting these coupons scanned twice is to take charge at the register. Here's my game-plan break-down..lol.

1. Pick out the least looking knowledgeable cashier available (usually some young chick chewing gum).
2. Bring in your magazine and DO NOT remove the coupon.
3. Tell the cashier the coupon is for 2 different games and ask him/her to scan it twice to MAKE SURE it works (like a test of sorts). Key to this is NEVER show them the front of the coupon, just point to the bar-code for them to scan it. Once it's scanned twice it will work if you are buying both games.
4. Close the magazine and complete your purchase. Feel free to make small talk to distract the cashier from realizing they didn't check or get the coupon from you.
5. Leave with a smile on your face.

#1179 mr mellow

mr mellow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:40 AM

IMO, the key to getting these coupons scanned twice is to take charge at the register. Here's my game-plan break-down..lol.

1. Pick out the least looking knowledgeable cashier available (usually some young chick chewing gum).
3. Tell the cashier the coupon is for 2 different games and ask him/her to scan it twice to MAKE SURE it works (like a test of sorts). Key to this is NEVER show them the front of the coupon, just point to the bar-code for them to scan it. Once it's scanned twice it will work if you are buying both games.
4. Close the magazine and complete your purchase. Feel free to make small talk to distract the cashier from realizing they didn't check or get the coupon from you.

lol! I have to say you got it down to a science there. These tips will certainly be filed in the old memory bank for next sale/coupon escapades :lol:

#1180 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:57 AM

start/end with #4 it'll make a difference if you frequent the same local stores. If they feel a "personal" connection with u their more likely to allow YMMV situations "just this 1 time or just for u". Not to mention the fact that'll they'll remember you.

#1181 Symphonix

Symphonix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:42 AM

Ended up getting Uncharted Pack, GOW:Origins, and ICO/SoTC all for around $60 during the course of this sale. Thanks a ton OP, much appreciated.

#1182 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:49 AM

start/end with #4 it'll make a difference if you frequent the same local stores. If they feel a "personal" connection with u their more likely to allow YMMV situations "just this 1 time or just for u". Not to mention the fact that'll they'll remember you.

Yeah, if you find a cashier who is very casual about the process and shows a general lack of interest in the whole situation, by all means.....go to him/her again and again if possible for future transactions where you need that said lack of interest to complete the transaction. Now if they are aware of the situation and make a "one time exception" for you, then avoid them in the future.

#1183 phantomphoenix

phantomphoenix

Make It Loud!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:59 AM

Logic dictates that a statement with an "or" operation results in a true statement when at least one the operands is true. I never actually saw the coupon, but if what you quoted is verbatim from the coupon, then you should be able to get the coupon applied to both games. But I guess it doesn't follow that BB would follow logic. :roll:

#1184 supersizerice

supersizerice

Rick my barrs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:01 AM

Logic dictates that a statement with an "or" operation results in a true statement when at least one the operands is true. I never actually saw the coupon, but if what you quoted is verbatim from the coupon, then you should be able to get the coupon applied to both games. But I guess it doesn't follow that BB would follow logic. :roll:

Yeah I guess BB doesn't expect its employees to know what a truth table is or even the difference between OR and XOR. Sorry, I kind of geeked out..

#1185 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:02 AM

In laymans terms, I could see the argument both ways but it isn't as cut as dried and you are acting like it to be. "and/or" would be more clear cut. "or" in everyday usage means one or the other.

Yeah yeah, you took a logic class. Great. But BB is not a logic class. :roll:

#1186 phantomphoenix

phantomphoenix

Make It Loud!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:32 AM

My point is you have an argument. It doesn't say "and/or" nor does it say "either... or." If you are willing to argue, you can. You don't have to be a prick though.

#1187 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:38 AM

deals dead but you can still score GOW:O for $26.99 after $10 off @gamer coupon LOL

#1188 io

io

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:20 AM

I'd like to thank the jackass (kidding!) who said the coupon worked on both games when only scanning it once (like it had been "fixed" from earlier in the week) - I read this as I left the house this morning with the hope of getting both games. It did not work. I ended up paying $25 for one and $15 for the other. No big deal - I was just slightly annoyed as usually info from CAG is golden ;).

#1189 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:23 AM

I'd like to thank the jackass (kidding!) who said the coupon worked on both games when only scanning it once (like it had been "fixed" from earlier in the week) - I read this as I left the house this morning with the hope of getting both games. It did not work. I ended up paying $25 for one and $15 for the other. No big deal - I was just slightly annoyed as usually info from CAG is golden ;).

You have to tell the cashier to scan it twice ;)

#1190 io

io

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:26 AM

^^ Well, obviously, that's the way it has been all along. Someone implied it worked without a double scan earlier as if it had been "fixed".

Yeah I guess BB doesn't expect its employees to know what a truth table is or even the difference between OR and XOR. Sorry, I kind of geeked out..

Yeah, logic may say that, but common sense does not. "Or" means one or the other in normal human language. I'm a computer programmer type and I never considered that it meant anything but that. There really is no arguing the point although it is worth trying. They were pretty adamant about it at my store and I didn't even suggest it - just presented both games and the coupon. They told me immediately that it would only work on one of them. I thought with the CAG posts I referenced earlier, that it would apply to both anyway, but that was never the case, apparently. It was pretty annoying when the cashier got all excited and said that was an awesome deal. I assumed he meant it discounted both, but no, he was just all excited about $25 for one and $15 for the other :roll:.

But I did OK in the end because in all his excitement he forgot to take the coupon out of the magazine, so I just used it on the other game at the second Best Buy I went to later ;). And I did get them to give me the magazine for free as I signed up for Unlocked over a month ago and have yet to get one. They actually rang it up for me and then discounted it to a penny. So I finally have this magazine to read! (Plus have that Deus Ex coupon on hand in case there is a sale on it before the end of the month).

#1191 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:31 AM

You should have told the cashier you wanted another magazine. Your cashier would have wet his(or her) pants when you got both for $15.

#1192 io

io

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:33 AM

You should have told the cashier you wanted another magazine. Your cashier would have wet his(or her) pants when you got both for $15.

Nah, they would have just said it was one coupon per customer (and thus only one of the two games discounted) even if I bought another magazine - they seem to be well versed on that point like they specifically have had to deal with that issue multiple times or something. I guess I could have bought another magazine and brought that and the game up to the front (my transaction was at the game kiosk). But at that point I had already had it rung up for $15 + $25. I didn't know it didn't work until after I paid (I was buying some other stuff so the total wasn't obviously off though it did seem too high).

#1193 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:57 AM

You don't have to be a prick though.

Don't take that away from him, it's what he lives for!
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#1194 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:48 AM

I didn't think it through (or know that it would scan twice) but this is exactly what I did. And I still have the coupon. If I had to, I was going to have her ring up each game separately. Also (if I had to) I would've paid for the mag twice.

As it was, the only mistake I made (in retrospect) was not taking the games to the car and going back in with the coupon to buy another pair (for flipping) for $30 plus tax. I must be slipping ;) I did have my family waiting in the car and was pretty happy to get the coupon to work despite getting shot down early last week.

#1195 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:21 PM

I didn't want to flip these because I wanted to save some for the other CAG's. Plus I was just happy that both of the games of games cost me nothing out of pocket. Had $33 on a gift card.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#1196 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:43 PM

Slow . . . what store did you go to? I got the same deal at the Gurnee, IL store. One coupon and $20 off the pair.

I tried at the very start when GOW was ringing up as full price and it needed a manager override just to get to $25 . . . then the fucking manager wouldn't give me the extra coupon discount. This was at the Racine, WI store.

I think corporate took all the online flak into account and has made it easier. In this case, kudos to BB for wising up.

I went to a store in the same district, so I think all of the stores in that district ring up that way.

:-({|= My info was correct for my area...see post above! :-P

#1197 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:20 PM

I didn't want to flip these because I wanted to save some for the other CAG's.

Good point, I wasn't talking about buying up a ton but I might've gotten an extra pair since I still had the coupon. It was late afternoon on Sat., with just hours to go on the deal, and the store had extras.

Slow, I figured you were nearby. It was nice that the coupon double dipped automatically.

#1198 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:18 AM

The one BB by my still had the $24.99 titles from last week marked as such AND had up the signage for the B2G1 on used games. I guess the normal gaming associate wasn't in for the day as of yet, so no one bothered to change the stickers.

Oh and it's too bad the Brink/Hunted coupon expired on the 1st, since Brink(on PS3 anyway) is now down to $19.99 in store. FREE GAME(if the coupon were still valid). ;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1199 igotnodough

igotnodough

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:37 PM

i ordered ico/sotc shipped to store on 10/10 and its still "in process." should i call BB?