Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/2/11 to 10/8/11)

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#61 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:22 AM

Hmm... Don't get the context of the Mario Sale. Would have been better to do it during Super Mario Land 3D's launch.

Yeah. I'm sort of "up to date" so the sale is a waste for me. Disappointing that there's no Dark Souls offer either.

#62 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:25 AM

that rage deal is tempting.

Any word on what the lion king bluray price is next week?

$19.99/3d $27.99

#63 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Wow, it looks like BB really isn't going to do anything additional for the 5/$100 titles, outside of exclusive DLC for certain ones... disappointing.

#64 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

I'm guessing TRU doesn't carry New Releases on PC anymore? Would go for that Rage deal if they do.

I'm wondering this myself, if they sell the PC version of Rage I'll will be all over it

AnQAzfm.png

#65 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:32 AM

how much are gaming t-shirts generally? Looking to pick up some

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#66 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:52 AM

Any pictures of this free Mario scarf? Could be badass, could be super lame.

#67 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:22 AM

Hmm...I have a $20 Reward Zone credit...might be time to snatch Catherine.

#68 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:38 AM

I don't suppose Yoshi's Island counts as a Mario game. They do have Partners in Time locally, if I can match that with another oldie I could make good on that deal.
Posted Image

#69 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:43 AM

I'm guessing TRU doesn't carry New Releases on PC anymore? Would go for that Rage deal if they do.

I don't think they carry PC games in general anymore other than a few older games. My local TRU has a bunch of old Star Wars games, I think World of Warcraft and maybe 1 or 2 other games.

#70 Solder

Solder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:50 AM

It'll be the full nice guide, I bit on the Fallout:New Vegas sale they did last year and they just had boxes upon boxes of games and guides at the register.

It's the exact same deal; a really good one. I'm just not into Rage. If it were Dark Souls I'd be fucking in on that ish.

#71 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:51 AM

i take it the bonus 40% and 50% trade in deals will be over? or will they stack with this?

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#72 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:51 AM

This 4 day thing is so pointless
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#73 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:58 AM

Darn it i was hoping for a 20$ 3d zelda or starfox
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#74 JCDogg911

JCDogg911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:39 AM

I wonder if the trade in deal means that $5 games ARE or ARE NOT included

#75 fmwross2

fmwross2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:45 AM

Less than $5 not being included means that $5 are included.

#76 droider

droider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:09 AM

nothing for me, nothing tempting me tbh...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#77 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:18 AM

10 dollar giftcard and strategy guide for Rage makes me want to pick it up here, but I've got a bunch of Best Buy credit and wanted to use it for one of my 5/100. Not sure what to do.

Why don't you put the credit on a a visa pre-paid card so you have shopping flexibility. You can purchase Rage at Toysrus and get a different game for the 5/100 promotion.

Trust me those visa cards come in handy as I've used them at K-mart to get the God of War: Origins Collection and Ico Collection since Bestbuy wasn't offering a giftcard on any of those titles.

#78 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:20 AM

10 dollar giftcard and strategy guide for Rage makes me want to pick it up here, but I've got a bunch of Best Buy credit and wanted to use it for one of my 5/100. Not sure what to do.

$10 gc < $20 credit plus rage won't hold it's $60 price for 30 days especially with BF3 & Batman AC coming out 2-3 weeks later. So get the $20 pm & $20 credit using the pm money for the strategy guide & one less game done for the 5 for $100.

#79 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:49 AM

Also, that trade in promo is kind of amazing on low-TIV games. Trade in 4 games that are around $5 apiece and you are getting 100% bonus. Kind of awesome if you can work the system.

yep, I had been waiting for GS to do there deal but they've beeen taking forever plus they increased to 5 games for the $20. Now I'll have enough credit for a new PS3/PSVita prior to receiving the $100 RZ.

Gotta love how Tiger Woods 12 goes on sale the day AFTER the $20 Sept. @gamer coupon expires.

look at all the stuff on sale RIGHT NOW compared to next months @gamer coupon. Deus Ex for $27 & NHL12 $40. As for TW you could've scored the move bundle for $50 even if you didn't want/need move sell the parts($20 camera, $25 controller) pay $5 for the game.

Hmm... Just traded my Tiger 12 to BB for $32. Got an @Gamer coupon for $20 off, which would make it $20 right?

expires

i take it the bonus 40% and 50% trade in deals will be over? or will they stack with this?

they don't stack but the 10% unlocked does.

Edited by Enuf, 30 September 2011 - 11:04 AM.

#80 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:47 PM

Arghhhhhhhhhhhh I was hoping there wouldnt be a good deal on RAGE anywhere so I could wait, damn TRU
Posted Image

#81 jessesixto

jessesixto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:52 PM

Does TRU pricematch other stores?

#82 DarkLegacy

DarkLegacy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:10 PM

Just gotta be patient. People are starting to become to accustomed to sales on new games immediately. I don't go into each new week expecting big sales on new software. I just like to be surprised from time to time :).

-DarkLegacy
Posted Image
Posted Image

#83 Jason28

Jason28

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:42 PM

I don't think so. When I was there a few weeks ago, I ask the sales guy and he said no.

#84 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:48 PM

look at all the stuff on sale RIGHT NOW compared to next months @gamer coupon. Deus Ex for $27 & NHL12 $40.

You're assuming that DX will go on sale again. While I agree that it probably will, I only go with what IS and not what COULD be.
Posted Image

#85 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:49 PM

Actually I think they do as long as it's Brick & Mortar.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#86 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:37 PM

Wait a minute.... there might be a deal in this. TRU is giving a $25 GC with purchase of X-Men Destiny THIS week. What are the chances that we can pickup today/tomorrow, get the GC, and then go back on Sunday to get a price match for an additional $10 off?

I think it all depends on how the price for the game shows up on the receipt. If I remember correctly for TRU, the price of the free GC gets deducted off the price of the game, but I can't be sure. Any thoughts?

Edited by nuuuuj, 30 September 2011 - 02:53 PM.

Posted Image

#87 Keen314

Keen314

CAGsiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

Wow, it looks like BB really isn't going to do anything additional for the 5/$100 titles, outside of exclusive DLC for certain ones... disappointing.

Yeah, it's sad. I'm just glad I've been able to pricematch all of the recent ones, so at least I'm getting something extra beyond the 5/$100.

#88 Keen314

Keen314

CAGsiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:11 PM

Sweet, I'll PM the $10 GC for Rage at Best Buy when I pick up my 5/$100 copy. I love that my store still PMs GCs.

#89 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:16 PM

God, I hate that my Best Buy don't PM giftcards.

154512.png

:360: Child of Light / FIFA 14

:pc: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:ps4: Watch Dogs

jionekanji.png

#90 loveangel

loveangel

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

That Rage deal is tempting.

Games My life..8.gif