Onlive a bit dodgy?

Viper139

CAGiversary!
I'm about to buy Deus Ex human revolution for £1 but the deal seems really dodgy is says you need to "be an active member and have a membership plan" to be allowed to play the game and it also says "Future onlive membership plans may not be free"

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I think when they launched in the states they required you to pay a monthly membership fee to just access the service. Then they realised that no-one was willing to pay membership in addition to the game costs, so they made it free - but I'm guessing that as soon as they can get away with it they'll be wanting to return to a paid monthly model. (But who knows.)

I can imagine that 5 months from now onlive will randomly take money out of my account saying my membership has changed. Shame it was a really good deal but I'm going to avoid the service at the moment.

Not at all. THey have never charged a monthly fee. They did have a plans to before the service launched. THen they went into open beta and had free 1 year member ships. They quickly realized they were making plenty of money even without a monthly charge and they dropped the idea. They will never had a monthly fee for just accessing the service.

They do now offer an optional service called Playpack which does have a monthly fee and gives you unlimited access to over 100 games (good and bad games).

Just spend the 1 pound and try it out. If you are worried, use a prepaid card or something.

[quote name='Pinesal']Not at all. THey have never charged a monthly fee. They did have a plans to before the service launched. THen they went into open beta and had free 1 year member ships. They quickly realized they were making plenty of money even without a monthly charge and they dropped the idea. They will never had a monthly fee for just accessing the service.

They do now offer an optional service called Playpack which does have a monthly fee and gives you unlimited access to over 100 games (good and bad games).

Just spend the 1 pound and try it out. If you are worried, use a prepaid card or something.[/QUOTE]

i quote. you cannot go wrong with 1 pound, just dont give out your real credit card number just to play on the safe side...

1 pound to fully play Deus Ex HM is too good to pass

I have been with Onlive for nearly a year and haven't been charged extra at all. The service is not dodgy one bit and has in my experience have a good customer service.

bread's done
Back