Photo
- - - - -

CAGcast #256: RoboCast

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#31 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:30 PM

Hey, here's me commenting on the CAGcast without having anything to say about it!

I was hoping the Dark Souls supply problem was going to be addressed. It's sad that you are encouraged to preorder a product with the promise of bonuses, only to have the publisher fail to deliver at the last minute. In any case, Shipwreck should do his best not to break any controllers over the game!

#32 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:36 PM

Regarding Activision and early review copies...apparently they held a Black Ops "review event" last year.

#33 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:16 AM

Where is the handheld love.
In the last 3 weeks we had Persona 2: Innocent Sin remake for the PSP and for the DS the new Solatorobo: Red the Hunter.

Also you may wanna tell the CAG that they can also get $100 off certain eletronic products including iPod Touchs if they get Audible for a year.

Audible Deal

Great podcast
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#34 MInes51

MInes51

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:04 AM

Dropping some love here, anyway what do you guys think of Steve Jobs death?

#35 oxidative

oxidative

last chance to evacuate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:12 AM

I love the CAGcast. I'm sorry I don't post more often in the show threads. I listen while I'm away from the computer and think of all sorts of things to say. Then I get to the computer and forget everything....

Maybe you could actually post the show notes (or the outline)? Or Wiki these threads so someone else can post the notes?

Anyways, the show is awesome. Everything the haters say is fucking BS, the show is great as is. Oh, Wombat, turn off your pr0n torrentz while the show is on. And you better all be wired by now. My offer still stands from a few shows back for free ethernet cords in whatever length you need.

#36 Psyae

Psyae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:01 AM

I LOVE THE CAGCAST SO MUCH THAT I AM LISTENING TO THEM ALL. Right now I'm on CAGcast #6, and I gotta say... I think the earlier CAGcasts I've listened to were better only because Wombat talked more.
Posted Image

#37 Karnivor

Karnivor

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:28 AM

suggested question for next weeks show: im patiently waiting for Skyrim to come out so i can start raising hell and killing dragons. what is one thing each of you are excited for when it releases? also which system will you pick it up for PS3 or Xbox 360?

#38 Kosh

Kosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:12 PM

Great Podcast again guys. Though I'd put this thought here on the drones that have been appearing. A few listeners commented on why they hadn't attacked Novus. Although the Novuns didn't know what the drones were when they attacked the settlement, wouldn't be ironic if they were a product of the destiny descendants that had been shelved as they had turned on them on other planets. As the one that they visit it Blockade. They haven't attacked Novus as they know it was there home world. Although you could argue that they would protect it. Why haven't they destroyed the seed ships. Or did the seed ships pass through the galaxy before their creation. Have they followed the seed ships as they lay gates? To much to consider!!!!!!!!

#39 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:25 PM

Oh c'mon Cheapy, $4.99 for PS2 classics? If Nintendo is charging $5-8 for NES/SNES games on Virtual Console and MS is charging $15 for Xbox 1 games like Halo on Games on Demand, $9.99 for PS2 games on PSN is a pretty good deal. And they happen to be very good games. $10 is a great price point.

I'm really glad Sony chose these niche games as a starting point. They are not easy to find and not exactly super cheap. C'mon Cheapy, COME ON.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#40 kingkiller33

kingkiller33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:55 PM

Great show. I wish you guys would bring back the segment where you make predictions or sales predictions. I'm really shocked and bummed about Rage. Hard to believe that a game which won E3 Best in Show turned out so lame and mediocre. It's hard to feel motivated to get to the end when I keep hearing how the ending sucks ass.

#41 AquariusDog31

AquariusDog31

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:10 PM

Wombat, how do you hide your boners in gymastic class from the hot moms? And are you going to NYC comic con?

#42 GOTA

GOTA

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:27 PM

Xmen got more talk time on the CAGcast than Gears of War 3 did. Bet a crappy Aquaman game would be good for a half hour conversation

#43 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:38 PM

Xmen got more talk time on the CAGcast than Gears of War 3 did. Bet a crappy Aquaman game would be good for a half hour conversation

Gears of War 3 is a week older, and was already discussed before.

#44 Kyrox

Kyrox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:51 PM

I actually liked X-Men. Yes it was repetitive and the graphics where ugly but I like super hero beat em ups. I wish it was longer and had more than 3 different bosses but it wasn't terrible. Id recommend it at $15 maybe $19.99. I haven't played much of Spider-man to give my thoughts on it but I did really like Shattered Dimensions, my main complaint with that game was that the collectables took away from the game and I just end up not caring about them. Great Show. Thug-Life

#45 sneakydohboy

sneakydohboy

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:30 AM

I really enjoyed this episode. I would like to comic book stuff from wombat and enjoy book stuff from cheapy. Now I didn't really love hunger games I found felt a little childish. But it was a solid read.

#46 CXK

CXK

KillerInstinctOnline.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:03 AM

What ever happened to top analyst? I've got a prediction, Forza 4 will match or outsell GT5.

kinav.gif
www.killerinstinctonline.net  -  The best Killer Instinct site!

#47 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:27 AM

Thanks for putting out an episode early instead of skipping a week, appreciate it!

While in comparison to the Wii virtual sales of NES/SNES/N64 prices of $5/$8/$12, and Xbox1 games, $9.99 PS2 games seems ok. But I was never ok with the other prices, as I already owned some of the games and don't feel like paying again. Some PS1 games are $9.99 still. So the "good" PS2 games will probably come out at $15-$20, provided it didn't get a HD-remake.

I still would prefer the HD-remakes, because those physical copies go on sale more often, and easy to find on clearance.

#48 ac_fiz

ac_fiz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:04 AM

Let me tell you why Demon's souls and Dark souls kick ass. I mainly play jrpgs and the triple A western games, and I always play on normal difficulty. So I don't like these games just because they are hard.

For one thing they are refreshingly different than anything else out there. They have a dark and eerie atmosphere. Whenever you see a new enemy you haven't encountered yet and it starts charging at you and they hit you for 70% of your hit point bar, you feel fear. This is a game that if you put the work into mastering the combat, you will feel very rewarded of the progress you make.

The combat is simplistic and yet very complex. You have a shield to block, you have a strong attack, and a fast attack. Each weapon type handles differently with attack speed/weapon length/attack types/etc. Timing is the most important thing to master. You need to spar with each new enemy you encounter and learn its movements and get the timing for your attacks down. Properly utilizing your stamina bar is also very important. It takes stamina to make attacks and you lose stamina when you get hit while blocking and when the stamina bar runs out they break through your block. So you have to balance attacking and blocking and keep an eye on your stamina bar. It refills slowly when blocking and faster when you are not blocking. This is a player skill based combat system.

For the most part when you die, it will be because you messed up and not because of some cheap game mechanic. It took me 2 hours on demon's souls to just begin to start getting used to the battle system. Once I got good at the game, I died a lot less, mostly just on bosses. I stuck with it and eventually beat the game. It was worth it. Definitely in my top 5 games of this generation.

I like turtles!

#49 crobledo4116

crobledo4116

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:52 AM

Great show guys!

As always, making my weeknights enjoyable when I'm at work.

Keep up the good work and looking forward to the next show :applause:

#50 Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:20 AM

You guys seemed down on the hate Metacritic and maybe some pubs were throwing at you about being a proper Vidyagames Review Website. Just wanted to say that you guys not being another damn 1up Yours clone is what makes your podcast so listenable. I'll take an hour long discussion about a shitty X-men game and intense debate over the average volume of a pocket anytime over whatever the Fuck Metacritic considers ideal.

#51 Thanos2001

Thanos2001

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:02 PM

Cheapy has mentioned pre-ordering Forza 4 Limited edition several times but he hasn't said from where or how much. Can anyone explain why a game with a Manufacturer's sticker price of $79.95 is currently selling on Amazon for $179.99?

BTW... You can get even more cars by emailing your receipt to Turn 10. I'm guessing you didn't know about this Cheapy.

Where are the deals fellas? Put more deal info in the cast. The search for game prices tool on the site just lists $60 for everything these days.

#52 Darth Sontin

Darth Sontin

Ostrava of Boletaria

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:20 PM

I want Wombat to read the Audible commercials in his robot voice!
Posted Image

#53 demonhellcat

demonhellcat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:51 PM

Cheapy has mentioned pre-ordering Forza 4 Limited edition several times but he hasn't said from where or how much. Can anyone explain why a game with a Manufacturer's sticker price of $79.95 is currently selling on Amazon for $179.99?

Amazon is sold out of LCE, the really expensive copies listed are third party sellers trying to rip people off. I think it's too late to pre-order anywhere now. Your best bet is to go to gamestop or best buy tuesday and see if they have extra LCE copies for sale. Otherwise just buy the standard version, the in game LCE items (cars) will probably be for sale as DLC in a couple months. You're really just missing out on the book and a fancy steel game case.

#54 Thanos2001

Thanos2001

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

I think it's too late to pre-order anywhere now.

Thanks for the info! An actually "limited" Limited Edition? What-the-what??! Since when?

I found Dell and NewEgg are still taking orders at the normal price. I went with the free 3 day shipping option at NewEgg. Hopefully they don't get back to me with an apology come ship time.

So... Exactly how many were produced to create this scarcity? I don't go for pre-ordering a lot of games. Is this situation common now?:roll:

#55 Kuromimi

Kuromimi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:04 PM

Awesome show guys!
"Which one of you is my wife!?"
lol
Posted Image

#56 Thanos2001

Thanos2001

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:38 PM

Now this is just freaky.

I was following the instructions to get extra preorder junk via Forza's site. One of the things I had to do was tweet my preorder with a #. I never log into twitter so I check out some of the messages. There are a bunch from CAG. One of them is this!

Forza 4 Limited Edition $69.99 + free shipping at Deepdiscount.com http://$$$$$$/6PZ7F

I had to cancel my order from NewEgg and appy the $10 saved to overnight shipping, End cost was about the same but now I get to play on Wed. W00T!

So I guess I need to monitor Twitter for the best CAG deals now.

#57 Kung Fu ZEPHYR

Kung Fu ZEPHYR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:00 PM

Random gaming question - I want to pre-order Call of Duty MW3. I usually just pre-order games from Amazon but their pre-order special is only a credit for $10 towards the purchase of a turtle beach headset. Normally, Amazon offers a credit towards the purchase of another game....What gives?!?!?

As a result, I think I'll purchase my game from a seperate retailer. Hopefully one that offers some type of credit towards the purchase of another video game (such as the upcoming Mass Effect)......Any suggestions?

#58 CrystaljDesign

CrystaljDesign

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:42 PM

I like the hour-long format. Keeps the conversation more focused but still entertaining. Hope you guys get back on track in terms of listener drop off.

#59 CapAmerica

CapAmerica

Dead or Alive Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:20 PM

Another great show guys!

I do have to admit I am a bit surprised to hear that Spider-Man: Edge of Time is now being said to be around 7-8 hours long, it seems lately that Activision is taking the SEGA approach with the Marvel franchises and are publishing short so-so games. It's very sad since Both Ultimate Alliance games were great and Wolverine was awesome (to bad the movie wasn't).

Lately it seems like Marvel games have a under 10 hours and have no replay value policy. I haven't had a chance to play X-Men Destiny yet, but Wombat said it took him 7 hours, Spider-Man: Edge of Time around 7-8 hours long. And for me personally Captain America took me around 8 hours, Thor a little shy of 7 hours, Both Iron Man games were around 6 hours each and X3 took me about 5 hours.

** Now these times are also based on going back to finish some challanges and score some extras. So the times may very for others.

I don't mind short games but I do hate paying full price for them. Studios should really start pricing their games based on how much game play time there is ($60 the highest price and have it go down from there).
If these last few Marvel games were released as $30 games I would have picked them up instead of just renting them from Red Box or waiting for them to show up in the clearance section.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#60 4est

4est

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:10 PM

I loved the cucumber squid soft drink Pepsi.

Good episode as usual. Cheapy's review of the new smaller Kindle has me conflicted as to whether I want it or the Fire.