Gargus Banning Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealDeals

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Armstrong_ThatsOneSmallStep.gif

I'd apply just to keep things around here interesting, but I'd ban myself if I had to act that ignorant, though I don't think gargus was acting.

[quote name='mac101010']He'll come back under a new username someday.[/QUOTE]

Since it's a perma ban, if the mods can find out if it's really him then they can just ban him again.

Was gargus that shitty in every thread he posted in? I only know him from his posts in vs. and Lifestyle.

Hell, even I know to keep this shit out of the deal forums.

[quote name='Rozz']I can't believe I missed his final posts.[/QUOTE]
You didn't. His posts are still on the second page of the Jobs thread in Lifestyle/off-topic forum because shrike didn't take out the posts that quoted him.:lol:

And if you want to participate in a "more balanced" discussion, it's in the vs. forum.;)

[quote name='dohdough']Was gargus that shitty in every thread he posted in? I only know him from his posts in vs. and Lifestyle.

Hell, even I know to keep this shit out of the deal forums.[/QUOTE]

Abso-fucking-lutely. If you look through his post history, almost every single comment he made was negative about something. This banning was way past due.

[quote name='dohdough']You didn't. His posts are still on the second page of the Jobs thread in Lifestyle/off-topic forum because shrike didn't take out the posts that quoted him.:lol:[/QUOTE]Not as simple to search for posts quoted by someone than the posts themselves. :roll:

Feel free to provide examples, if you'd like.

Also, it wasn't me who banned him, it was CaseyRyback. I was the one that removed as much of his presence from the site as I could manage.

[quote name='shrike4242']Not as simple to search for posts quoted by someone than the posts themselves. :roll:

Feel free to provide examples, if you'd like.[/QUOTE]
Easy Fedmahn Kassad incarnate, the smiley was for the ability Rozz to "enjoy" the last post of gargus and not a dig at Rozz, you, or any of the other mods.

[quote name='dohdough']You didn't. His posts are still on the second page of the Jobs thread in Lifestyle/off-topic forum because shrike didn't take out the posts that quoted him.:lol:

And if you want to participate in a "more balanced" discussion, it's in the vs. forum.;)[/QUOTE]
Yes every thread. He was a cunt for no reason other than to be a cunt.

The thing is, I never saw him post anywhere but the OT and Deals. But they were all the same exact posts.

OT posts would be about how we all suck for celebrity hero worship.

Deals posts would all be that something wasn't a deal.

There was no variety at all to his being useless. (Except for the can't get a date thread which kinda explained everything.)

He also couldn't behave with his gamestop thread he kept deleting the NSFW tags mods put so that people viewing wouldn't see a bunch of roaches.

[quote name='GUNNM']He also couldn't behave with his gamestop thread he kept deleting the NSFW tags mods put so that people viewing wouldn't see a bunch of roaches.[/QUOTE]

I do not know that thread.

I remember that thread.
Its funny to me out of all the people on this site Gargus ends up with the roaches and roach eggs

Why have I never seen that thread before?!?!

Totally off topic, but going through the last pages of that thread and people started to say that Chuplayer's blogs about his dolls were freaking them out so I went to find his blogs and there's only 1 available and it has nothing to do with his dolls. What happened? Did a mod take it down too?

I was having fun in the roach thread, and then my posts got shrikedown'd. I had taken pictures of various games with stuff all over them. Kratos was eating a ho-ho. Kratos fucking LOVES ho-hos.

/grumble, that was uncool shrike and you know it

"I appreciate you having issues but next time dont just change something for me and say, kindly leave it there. So I ask you from now on to kindly treat me like an adult, not a kid. Ill consider this end of the discussion."

The greatest mystery is how in the world gargus didn't get banned before this. He's got such a shitty attitude for someone that dumb.

And as someone mentioned, he picked a fight against one of the most well liked mods.

[quote name='GUNNM']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287470

shrike had to delete gargus' original post to take over editing duties on it[/QUOTE]Thanks for digging that up. Also kicked to the curb like the would-be complainer.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']That thread was double epic.[/QUOTE]And thrice gone.

[quote name='confoosious']"I appreciate you having issues but next time dont just change something for me and say, kindly leave it there. So I ask you from now on to kindly treat me like an adult, not a kid. Ill consider this end of the discussion."

The greatest mystery is how in the world gargus didn't get banned before this. He's got such a shitty attitude for someone that dumb.

And as someone mentioned, he picked a fight against one of the most well liked mods.[/QUOTE]Eventually you give someone enough rope to hang themselves, they actually go and do it. Even with more chances than he should have received, IMO.

So how come my constructive criticism post regarding my temp ban was deleted, YET A MOD APPRECIATION THREAD is seen as useful feedback? Funny thing is the trolling here is so tame I've lost my edge elsewhere. ;)

[quote name='twiceborn']Nah, it was the shoes, for sure.[/QUOTE]

I imagine it was something like this:

"You know, gargus, you're smart, charming, funny and extremely handsome. And your ability to point out when things are not a deal on CAG really turn me on. But I can't do this. Your shoes. I realize it's your only flaw but ... I just can't do this."

[quote name='TheRock88']Why have I never seen that thread before?!?!

Totally off topic, but going through the last pages of that thread and people started to say that Chuplayer's blogs about his dolls were freaking them out so I went to find his blogs and there's only 1 available and it has nothing to do with his dolls. What happened? Did a mod take it down too?[/QUOTE]

No, Chuplayer deleted them all himself after his hissy-fit meltdown.

[quote name='confoosious']I imagine it was something like this:

"You know, gargus, you're smart, charming, funny and extremely handsome. And your ability to point out when things are not a deal on CAG really turn me on. But I can't do this. Your shoes. I realize it's your only flaw but ... I just can't do this."[/QUOTE]

You know sometimes it just wasnt meant to happen...

[quote name='GUNNM']Its too bad you guys ran that psycho path off of this forum no telling what he's doing now.[/QUOTE]

I watch the local news... I haven't seen any recent missing children reports so I think we're fine in this area.

[quote name='shrike4242']Even with more chances than he should have received, IMO.[/QUOTE]

It isn't just your opinion. That guy was the CAG equivalent of the Westboro Baptist Church. No tact or decorum from him at all and it lasted way too long. I'm sure you would have had him gone sooner if it were up to you. I'm just glad our reporting of his posts actually meant something. I don';t use that feature much, and for a while there, I was beginning to think reporting him wasn't going to amount to anything.

Guy derailed way too many memorial threads by rolling the same exact grenade into the conversation. Just put the grenade in there and his day was done. If that doesn't constitute trolling, I don't know what is. By the time people saw "Memorial" in an OTT thread title and went in to find the gargus post, it was time for the ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back