Playstation 1 multi-cd replacement jewel cases

S0CREF

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I am looking for a place to get replacement jewel cases for PS1 games like Final Fantasy VII and Dragon Warrior VII. I have a few games that have cracked cases or sticker residue on them that were smeared before I got them that Goo Gone won't remove. I would just rather buy them cheap then try and buy a used game and replace it.

I actually asked this question a week ago, and I found a place.

http://www.sleevetown.com

Click on Double Jewel Cases and scroll down.

I recently bought 10 PS1-style double cases, shipment actually came in today. They're excellent, best price I could find. Be warned though, they come with black trays instead of clear, you'll have to have clear trays handy. Fortunately, I ordered 25 clear single jewel cases, so I just used the trays from those. You might be better off ordering a few things to offset the shipping cost anyway.

Plus, you can get up to 2 free samples per order, such as a jewel case, dvd case, etc, and they have 24/32 cd wallets for $1.25.

Actually, I was just thinking about the same thing for a Suikoden I found with a cracked case. Anyway, I found that depending on what parts of the case are cracked, you may be able to just use parts from normal (audio cd size) jewel cases. The middle (black part) is really the only part that you can't get a replacement for in this way. The front and back of the multi-cd cases are all like the back part of normal cd cases, so you can just take them apart, get the inserts out, and use whatever pieces necessary to replace the parts that aren't in good shape. Worked great for me (although they are a little tighter and therefore a little harder to open...but they look much better). If you are a collector, you might not want to do this...but I'm pretty anal, and it looks good to me. Of course, you will need some cd cases, but they should be cheap, and easy to find.

Actually, I was just thinking about the same thing for a Suikoden I found with a cracked case. Anyway, I found that depending on what parts of the case are cracked, you may be able to just use parts from normal (audio cd size) jewel cases. The middle (black part) is really the only part that you can't get a replacement for in this way. The front and back of the multi-cd cases are all like the back part of normal cd cases, so you can just take them apart, get the inserts out, and use whatever pieces necessary to replace the parts that aren't in good shape. Worked great for me (although they are a little tighter and therefore a little harder to open...but they look much better). If you are a collector, you might not want to do this...but I'm pretty anal, and it looks good to me. Of course, you will need some cd cases, but they should be cheap, and easy to find.

[quote name='jimbodan']
also keep it mind, if the black part isn't broken you can just use the backs of any old cd jewel case to replace the fronts/backs of multi-disc cases.[/QUOTE]

I'm too slow...

Some PS1 stuff can still found on blowout at TRU. GT2 for $1.50 should do the trick. You should have no trouble getting nearly all of your money back by transferring the contents to the ugly cases to be sold or traded and using the pristine parts for yourself.

Thanks for all the input. Most of the cases for the games that I have are so jacked up that parts aren't an option.

bread's done
Back