Halo: CE Anniversary edition - 29.99 @ Newegg.com

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:58 AM

http://www.newegg.co...em-_-74-103-240

"With Promo Code: EMCYTZT817"

Not sure if this code is tied to accounts or not, but if it is, it goes out to all email subscribers. Seems like the best preorder deal.

#2 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:39 AM

Fuck new egg. THey probably wont get any in and will just cancel it on you without even sending you a damn email. They lost tons of cred with this whole Darksouls thing. I may be done with them for pre-orders.

#3 pdjones

pdjones

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:51 AM

Fuck new egg. THey probably wont get any in and will just cancel it on you without even sending you a damn email. They lost tons of cred with this whole Darksouls thing. I may be done with them for pre-orders.

Didn't they give FREE MONEY to people who got their preorders cancelled?

Why exactly are you angry about receiving FREE MONEY?

That makes zero sense to me.

#4 Outlaw Tracker

Outlaw Tracker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:36 AM

Didn't they give FREE MONEY to people who got their preorders cancelled?

Why exactly are you angry about receiving FREE MONEY?

That makes zero sense to me.

Not exactly 'free money' - it's a discount code that applies only to DS reg edition or 'other' games. I have tried to use it three times and all three times an error came up that said the code was valid but not on this order? Apparently if a game is already discounted or has another discount code applied the DS code won't go through? When a company puts restrictions on a code that limits its use I can't exactly call that 'free money.'
'Free money' is like Amazon's promo credits that apply to any game and stack.
And because of the DS screw up I'm avoiding any newegg preorder no matter the 'deal.'
A deal is useless if they can't deliver.

BTW - Has anyone actually gotten the DS code to work? What game did you get it to work with. I want to use it and be done with newegg.
Posted Image

everyone is fighting in the fight night thread :lol:

#5 UNDERSTAR

UNDERSTAR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:42 AM

Newegg shot my dog, fucked my mom, and burned down my house.

:-({|=

#6 Outlaw Tracker

Outlaw Tracker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:18 AM

Newegg shot my dog, fucked my mom, and burned down my house.

:-({|=

Apparently now you can't wait until they Fuck you since you seem so eager to bend over for them. I prefer to pass.
Posted Image

#7 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:47 AM

On the fence. Lol @ the newegg haters. They Free ship faster than Amazon and not tax.

Win

:beer:
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#8 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

On the fence. Lol @ the newegg haters. They Free ship faster than Amazon and not tax.

Preordered this from them last time they had it at this price... and, frankly, I'm not too worried about it.

The games going to have a huge print run and its a MS product not Namco Bandi who seemed to be screwing the pooch in all regards to the DS CE. (Honestly, it wasn't just newegg who had issues with the CE of DS.)

That said... I have no problems with people being pissed/mad at newegg.

#9 loveangel

loveangel

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:47 PM

thanks for sharing op

Games My life..8.gif

#10 Fearia

Fearia

I'a Cthulhu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:58 PM

Newegg? Yuck. Messed up multiple pre-orders by either sending the wrong edition, or cancelling them outright without proper notice to get them elsewhere. No thanks.
Posted Image

#11 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:07 PM

They Free ship faster than Amazon and not tax.

I don't have the kind of anger that the above posters do, but their shipping has been slow as shit in my experiences. Last time I ordered something was almost a month ago.

It probably depends on where you live in relation to their shipping centers, but Amazon has always been much better than Newegg.

#12 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:00 PM

I don't know if you can use two coupons at the same time, but if you can, it's basically $10. I'm saving the $20 coupon for something else though.

I agree Newegg messed up, but $20 coupon for the trouble is fairly reasonable. I'm not defending Newegg by any means, Amazon messed up orders too...

#13 greydt

greydt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:02 PM

I don't have the kind of anger that the above posters do, but their shipping has been slow as shit in my experiences. Last time I ordered something was almost a month ago.

It probably depends on where you live in relation to their shipping centers, but Amazon has always been much better than Newegg.

Shipping is definitely YMMV. In New York, I've place orders in the morning and received it same day afternoon with the free shipping due to their New Jersey warehouse. As for the Dark Souls thing, it was a clusterf**k in general across multiple retailers, so for myself at least, I'm not going to get all pissed off about it.

Since Amazon charges tax for us now as well, for me at least, Newegg > Amazon in both price and shipping.

#14 Outlaw Tracker

Outlaw Tracker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:43 PM

Apologies & $20 credit (but only on certain orders - apparently you can't use it on preorders) didn't get me my CE on release day did it? And - geez - this is not the first time they've screwed up on preorders. And why would anyone whine about poor newegg being left to hang? Geez.
I don't 'hate' newegg - I just finally realized they cannot be trusted to come through on preorders so I'd prefer to spend my money elsewhere and be sure I get what is promised.
Posted Image

#15 TheGreatWang

TheGreatWang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:54 PM

BTW - Has anyone actually gotten the DS code to work? What game did you get it to work with. I want to use it and be done with newegg.

I got it to work for Disgaea 4.

#16 Outlaw Tracker

Outlaw Tracker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

^ Thanks. I tried for Rage last week but I guess because of the other promo it wouldn't take. I tried Gears 3 this AM and it worked.
Posted Image

#17 elvis731

elvis731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:02 PM

I'm sure this has been asked before, but does Newegg charge at time of order or not until it ships?

#18 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:08 PM

Everyone's bitching about newegg's service, so I guess I'll be the first to bitch about Bungie releasing the original fucking Halo game again with updated graphics. The Xbox Original is $15, or $7.50 during a sale, if you're one of the few who hasn't played it. This over-hyped cash cow is a waste of money, as far as I'm concerned.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#19 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:08 PM

I love newegg :D

#20 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:12 PM

I love newegg :D

Same here. Never had a problem with them. I value their service as much as Amazon.

#21 HaloGX

HaloGX

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:15 PM

Everyone's bitching about newegg's service, so I guess I'll be the first to bitch about Bungie releasing the original fucking Halo game again with updated graphics. The Xbox Original is $15, or $7.50 during a sale, if you're one of the few who hasn't played it. This over-hyped cash cow is a waste of money, as far as I'm concerned.

I guess I'll be the first to say: Bungie has nothing to do with this re-release/update. Microsoft's Halo-centric studio 343 Industries is and has been the only studio working on this. If you want to yell at someone, yell at Microsoft. Of course then you have to yell at Sony, Capcom, and many others for doing the same thing. At least this game has new story elements and updated maps for multiplayer in Reach, for less than full price.

#22 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:35 PM

I don't think the fans care as long as It was priced right. $40 is a bit steep imho, but $30 is probably around just the right price.

I don't get the Newegg hate either. They've screwed up on my Ghost Recon 2 order years ago and sent a re-sealed used game. What did they do for me? Gave it to me for free by crediting my credit card. How the hell do you beat a free game?

Shipping speed? I get most of the eggsaver shipped games in 3 days, but I live in CT so maybe that's why? I've heard new release pre-orders with free shipping are pretty slow and take about a week. So if you want the game one at the discounted price your going to have to wait it out.

The Dark Souls thingy? I think a lot of retailers had issues, hell even Amazon had issues with the limited edition. I think that's more of a Namco thing, Fuck em.

#23 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

Yeah, with regards to DS, it was Namco that screwed retailers over. Directing your hate at newegg is just silly

#24 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:45 PM

I've always found their free shipping to be pretty decent, 4-5 days usually and you get a tracking number.

I like throwing some business Newegg's way now and again, they have some good deals.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#25 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:48 PM

Considering you're not educated enough about the item to not even know who made it you're not educated enough to offer your opinion if it's worth buying.

#26 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electrifying confusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:54 PM

I'm sure the Xbox Original isn't going away, so that's still a valid option for someone who only wants to pay $15 and doesn't think the re-release adds anything to the experience. $15 more for completely redone graphics, additional maps, achievements, etc., seems like a pretty decent deal to me.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#27 luxarific

luxarific

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:00 PM

I'll never buy from Newegg again after how badly they fucked up on my Dark Souls preorder. No e-mail re cancellation, no $20 GC, and no response to either of my two e-mails about the lack of any communication concerning their voiding of my preorder. I'll take the slightly higher price at Amazon any day since it means I'll actually get customer service that doesn't ignore me.

#28 hustletron

hustletron

the struggle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:05 PM

Considering you're not educated enough about the item to not even know who made it you're not educated enough to offer your opinion if it's worth buying.

Cuz 343 is so far removed from Bungie right............

Isn't there armor abilities in this MP too or did I just see Reach and people were playing on the CE remakes?

Last time I checked this thread was for Halo and not Dark Souls.

fs_overall.png

#29 shibaraski

shibaraski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:17 PM

is there a multiplayer mode in this game? like basic team deathmatch?

#30 sonic51489

sonic51489

Awesometastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:31 PM

is there a multiplayer mode in this game? like basic team deathmatch?

The multiplayer in this is just maps for Halo: Reach. Like how in ODST it was just more maps with Halo 3 multiplayer