Photo
- - - - -

Hitman Absolution out 11/20/12 - 17 min gameplay vid (7/12)

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#31 Danil ACE

Danil ACE

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:17 AM

Hitman is easily one of my favorite game series. I was disappointed when they chose to replace David Bateson (original voice of 47 since 2000), but late in August, they announced that he is back! :applause:

http://na.square-eni...actor_announced

#32 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

i caved and watched the first level http://www.joystiq.c...ist-difficulty/ and godddd dammnnnn am i excited for this game. 1 week away!!
Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#33 Danil ACE

Danil ACE

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

i caved and watched the first level http://www.joystiq.c...ist-difficulty/ and godddd dammnnnn am i excited for this game. 1 week away!!

I had the chance to play the first level, and I had a blast. The joystiq video is missing the cutscene immediately after 47 leaves the mansion though.

#34 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

Dunno, I don't really see anything that makes me want this game. I may Redbox it just to check it out though.

#35 Danil ACE

Danil ACE

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

Dunno, I don't really see anything that makes me want this game. I may Redbox it just to check it out though.

It definitely helps to have played the previous games. Blood Money is the easiest to get into, if you can get past the awful tutorial level. There's nothing else out there that plays similar to the Hitman games (neither Splinter Cell nor Assassin's Creed come close).

#36 wwe101

wwe101

waiting for hitman 5

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
Mark Twain

http://t2.gstatic.co...8ymsP7Xj6V0L8o=

#37 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

This drops tomorrow. Anyone going to pick it up? I really want to get this but I think i'm going to wait a bit. I'm weak though when it comes to games so I may pick it up tomorrow.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#38 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

I had a preorder but I am not going to pick it up. I am hearing too many things about the game being fairly generic.

#39 n00bie

n00bie

Grazing for cheap games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

I guess the great scores aren't doing it for ya, eh?

#40 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

I give a shit about review scores, we live in an age where virtually any AAA title automatically gets an 9.0 no matter if its broken or not.

There are only 2 "reviewers" that I trust and neither of them give scores.

#41 Danil ACE

Danil ACE

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

Hitman has never been a AAA franchise, so it was never automatically entitled to high scores.

I picked up the game on two platforms, and it's good. There are certain things that have changed, some for the better, others for the worse, but overall Absolution is still very much a Hitman game. I'm still working my way through the story, but I am looking forward to checking out Contracts mode, and I expect that it will add a lot more playability to the game.

#42 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

Well, like I said, i'm weak when it comes to games. I just came back from purchasing this. I also got Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, which is a damn good, fun game..and only $40. Going to play Hitman later. Contracts mode is a great idea and will add some replay value.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#43 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

I was at Gamestop today trading a game in and the girl behind the counter was trying to talk me into picking this and she said today was the last day to get the bonus dowload code for the three free Hitman games. Does anybody on here know what she was talking about?

p.s.
This was for the 360 version.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#44 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

Acutally I think it is a code for all three Hitman games on PC. It says:

This code will unlock the Classic Hitman Trilogy on PC.

Then you go to gamestop.com/redeem and put in the code.

ajh2298, if you would like the code you can have it. Just let me know and i'll pm it to you. I already have the games on PS2.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#45 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

Acutally I think it is a code for all three Hitman games on PC. It says:

This code will unlock the Classic Hitman Trilogy on PC.

Then you go to gamestop.com/redeem and put in the code.

ajh2298, if you would like the code you can have it. Just let me know and i'll pm it to you. I already have the games on PS2.

No I am good but thanks for the offer. I thought they would be for the 360 via the marketplace now I am glad I didnt buy the game.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#46 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

No I am good but thanks for the offer. I thought they would be for the 360 via the marketplace now I am glad I didnt buy the game.

Yeah that would've been cool for it to be on the 360. I already have the games on ps2 and my pc sucks so it's no good for me.

If anyone else wants the code, just let me know.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#47 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

so i played through the first 3 or 4 levels now and im really diggin it. i like the challenges each level has, gives a good reason to replay and try different tactics. did a few contracts as well and thats really cool too. im going to create my own tonight and see how that goes. so far thumbs up.
Posted Image

#48 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

I'm liking the game as well. Finished about 4 missions so far. it feels good to play a new Hitman game. I need to buy Blood Money one day.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#49 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

i hear ya about blood money. i actually own it on PS2and got about 70% complete and just stopped playing because of other games and never got back. blood money has some really memorable missions.
Posted Image

#50 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

I love that
Spoiler
make a cameo in this. Loving the game so far.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#51 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

Just a heads up, Hitman Sniper Challenge is FREE: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=332791

#52 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

Warning guys, I heard about this over on other forums and it's finally happened to me. I'm almost more than half way through the game and had it freeze it on me on one mission. Restarted my system and it said the save was corrupted and I will have to restart all over again.....

So back up your saves! God I could almost break my controller right now over this, I spent at least 7-8 hours so far in game and now it's all gone.

#53 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Warning guys, I heard about this over on other forums and it's finally happened to me. I'm almost more than half way through the game and had it freeze it on me on one mission. Restarted my system and it said the save was corrupted and I will have to restart all over again.....

So back up your saves! God I could almost break my controller right now over this, I spent at least 7-8 hours so far in game and now it's all gone.

What mission were you on? Or about what chapter of the 20?
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#54 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

Oh Square will you ever learn? Sending "hits" on Facebook may have been the wrong way to promote your game.

http://www.rockpaper...n-your-friends/
Posted Image

#55 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

What mission were you on? Or about what chapter of the 20?

Sorry didnt see this til now. I was on the Dexter Industries lvl. It actually didnt take that long as Id imagine, got back to the same spot with about the same amount of challenges in about 2 hours cause i knew the layout of the levels

#56 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

FYI this is $40 at GameStop now.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#57 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

Is it THAT bad?

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#58 n00bie

n00bie

Grazing for cheap games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

It's called a sale.

#59 Fearia

Fearia

I'a Cthulhu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

Sorry didnt see this til now. I was on the Dexter Industries lvl. It actually didnt take that long as Id imagine, got back to the same spot with about the same amount of challenges in about 2 hours cause i knew the layout of the levels

Had the same thing happen to me on the same level. Luckily I backed up my save a level beforehand. Still annoying as hell though.

Edited by Fearia, 10 December 2012 - 07:07 PM.

Posted Image