Hitman Absolution out 11/20/12 - 17 min gameplay vid (7/12)

TheRock88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Hitman-Absolution-logo-500x295.jpg

---

7/12/12 update

Streets of Hope 17 min gameplay vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6r2Cxcy65M

---

Professional Edition ($79.99) includes:
-Making of dvd
-Artbook
-Weapon DLC

134HMA_PE_Pack_in_Elementsa_1334179644.jpg

---

5/30/12 update:
Saints cinematic is out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljIGnQUPmY0

---

10/10/11 update:
"Run for your Life" Trailer is out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWf3dPKYf1E

---

E3 Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2_uFewVo-0

---

Hitman: Absolution is a stealth game developed by IO Interacive and published by Square Enix. It is the upcoming fifth entry in the Hitman game series. The game will run on IO Interactive's proprietary Glacier 2 game engine, combining the original Hitman game mechanics with brand new mechanics.

Though plans to continue the Hitman franchise were first announced in 2007, it was not until May 2009 that Eidos confirmed the game was in development. Certain plot details for the game were rumored in 2009, stating that the game's story would lead Agent 47 to a low point from which he would have to rebuild himself.On 20 April 2011, Square Enix filed the trademark for the name Hitman: Absolution in Europe, leading sites to speculate that it would be the name of the fifth Hitman game.On 6 May 2011, a teaser trailerwas released, confirming the title: Hitman Absolution. The trailer briefly showed Agent 47 attaching a suppressor and a rattle snake coiled around his signature Silverballer pistol.It has been reported the game will be "familiar and yet significantly different experience from other Hitman games."

The game is due out sometime in 2012

Last edited by a moderator:
Since there's some new information out, I figured I would bump up this thread.

If you pre-order Hitman: Absolution from Gamestop, you get access to the exclusive Sniper Challenge Mission. It's an exclusive mission that will not be released any other way, and will not be included in the final game. The only way to enjoy this mission is to pre-order the game. Here is an IGN article with more information and the trailer for the Sniper Challenege:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/10/free-hitman-psnxbla-game-with-absolution-pre-orders

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbH90z7t8bA

It looks like the release date has been announced as November 20th, 2012. Anyone pre-order this and play the Sniper Challenge yet? I played it over the weekend and had a blast. You can unlock stuff in Absolution by playing the sniper challenge, like extended clips, silencers, a sniper rifle, etc. Pretty cool idea for a pre-order bonus. Reminds me of the Dead Rising Case Zero game, only this one is free with pre-order.

I was hoping the Sniper Challenge thing was a full XBLA game with achievements. I hear it is not and has zero achievements.

[quote name='Hoffer']I was hoping the Sniper Challenge thing was a full XBLA game with achievements. I hear it is not and has zero achievements.[/QUOTE]

The IGN article said it included achievements, and it does include in-game achievements (like, point multipliers for doing such and such a task, etc.), but not Xbox achievements. It's still a ton of fun though if you don't care about achievements.

[quote name='matrix9280']Can you preorder, play through the Sniper Challenge, and then cancel it later on?[/QUOTE]

Yep. They even say that on the FAQ on the Hitman forums about the Sniper Challenge. They said you can cancel and still keep Sniper Challenge, but they know you will love it so much that you won't cancel. The latter applied to me, lol.

Never played Blood Money (Shame on me, I know), but I am actually looking forward to this game. It looks like it could be really good.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Never played Blood Money (Shame on me, I know), but I am actually looking forward to this game. It looks like it could be really good.[/QUOTE]

Blood Money was awesome. It was hard, though, for me at least. I used a walkthrough many times, lol. But the different ways to play the game and awesome ways to kill your enemies was really satisfying. I sold my copy about a year ago, but just picked it up last night at Gamestop to have another go. It seems to be harder to find these days. It's going for like $30 on Amazon used. If you can find it at a Gamestop, it's only $20, $18 if you are a powerup rewards member.

[quote name='mightymek']Blood Money was awesome. It was hard, though, for me at least. I used a walkthrough many times, lol. But the different ways to play the game and awesome ways to kill your enemies was really satisfying. I sold my copy about a year ago, but just picked it up last night at Gamestop to have another go. It seems to be harder to find these days. It's going for like $30 on Amazon used. If you can find it at a Gamestop, it's only $20, $18 if you are a powerup rewards member.[/QUOTE]

Let me us know if it still holds up. If it does I will probably go pick one up from a nearby GS. I have always wanted to play it.

I played through it again a few weeks ago and it definitely holds up. I'm playing through the first Hitman game again. I love these games, but the new one seems to be the Splinter Cell Conviction of the series..

I mean, checkpoints during the mission? Come on.

Yeah, while I haven't replayed it yet, I did play it last year, so I think that's current enough to agree with Scorch and say that it definitely held up.

I am getting the first two games from Goozex, so I'm going to check those out soon too since I never gave them a chance when they were released.

And Scorch, Splinter Cell Conviction, while a departure from the series proper, was an amazing game - my favorite game released that year. If Hitman Absolution is a little different, but still amazing, that would be ok with me!

[quote name='Scorch']I played through it again a few weeks ago and it definitely holds up. I'm playing through the first Hitman game again. I love these games, but the new one seems to be the Splinter Cell Conviction of the series..

I mean, checkpoints during the mission? Come on.[/QUOTE]

That's tremendous news.

i really want to play the sniper challenge but have no intentions of going to gamestop. oh well, heres hoping for a demo sooner or later

I picked up Blood Money today and played the first two missions. That second mission is pretty fun, I have played it around three times. I think I should probably continue with the story. :D

Hitman is my favorite series of all time. I've been waiting too long for this game, they better make it just like the previous ones and not water down the stealth/difficulty of the game to satisfy casual gamers. If they water the stealth down or make it linear style in the way missions are completed, I will be very pissed. I just want a hardcore stealth game. I'm hoping this doesn't turn out like conviction or MGS4. This is the last true stealth series left!

[quote name='Dark Rider']I picked up Blood Money today and played the first two missions. That second mission is pretty fun, I have played it around three times. I think I should probably continue with the story. :D[/QUOTE]

See, told you it was still relevant! I actually just grabbed Silent Assassin and Contracts from Goozex for the PS2. I never played them, though I used to own Contracts back in the day and never got around to it. I loaded them up last night to confirm they worked, and surprisingly the graphics look top notch for last gen, especially Contracts. I am so excited for Absolution. Sucks it's so far away!

Whoaaaa......what the shit is that about? I thought this was a hitman game....not the fucking matrix.

I have this pre order but....that is so far away from what I wanted it has me nervous. I just downloaded the sniper challenge the other day and it was pretty solid and gave no indication that i would be kung fuing nuns to death.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Whoaaaa......what the shit is that about? I thought this was a hitman game....not the fucking matrix.

I have this pre order but....that is so far away from what I wanted it has me nervous. I just downloaded the sniper challenge the other day and it was pretty solid and gave no indication that i would be kung fuing nuns to death.[/QUOTE]

I mean, I get it - you can play two ways. You can do everything all stealth like, or you can go balls to the wall, guns blazing (and likely get destroyed), but I'm with you - that was like an action movie or something.

I don't like the more action-oriented direction that the series has taken.

I'm still especially pissed that GameInformer spoiled the first mission, it's a huge spoiler for the entire series.

You end up killing Diana from the agency..

I really excited for this game, and just found it the release is November. I thought it was pushed back to next year.

I get the point that you can play this game either balls out action or stealthy like the others, but I wish they would make more trailers / videos advertising the latter, seeing as I and I think alot of people will play through the game more stealthy.

[quote name='Dark Rider']I picked up Blood Money today and played the first two missions. That second mission is pretty fun, I have played it around three times. I think I should probably continue with the story. :D[/QUOTE]

blood money is alot of fun. controls were a little frustrating at times. overall a real solid game though.

Is anyone else disappointed that the deluxe professional edition is not going to be released in the US? Not that I can see anyway. But I REALLY want this 10" figure!

hitman-deluxe-professional.jpg

[quote name='krashhole']Dunno, I don't really see anything that makes me want this game. I may Redbox it just to check it out though.[/QUOTE]

It definitely helps to have played the previous games. Blood Money is the easiest to get into, if you can get past the awful tutorial level. There's nothing else out there that plays similar to the Hitman games (neither Splinter Cell nor Assassin's Creed come close).

This drops tomorrow. Anyone going to pick it up? I really want to get this but I think i'm going to wait a bit. I'm weak though when it comes to games so I may pick it up tomorrow.

I had a preorder but I am not going to pick it up. I am hearing too many things about the game being fairly generic.

I give a shit about review scores, we live in an age where virtually any AAA title automatically gets an 9.0 no matter if its broken or not.

There are only 2 "reviewers" that I trust and neither of them give scores.

Hitman has never been a AAA franchise, so it was never automatically entitled to high scores.

I picked up the game on two platforms, and it's good. There are certain things that have changed, some for the better, others for the worse, but overall Absolution is still very much a Hitman game. I'm still working my way through the story, but I am looking forward to checking out Contracts mode, and I expect that it will add a lot more playability to the game.

Well, like I said, i'm weak when it comes to games. I just came back from purchasing this. I also got Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, which is a damn good, fun game..and only $40. Going to play Hitman later. Contracts mode is a great idea and will add some replay value.

I was at Gamestop today trading a game in and the girl behind the counter was trying to talk me into picking this and she said today was the last day to get the bonus dowload code for the three free Hitman games. Does anybody on here know what she was talking about?

p.s.
This was for the 360 version.

She was probably talking about the sniper challenge mini game thing. Its pretty solid but shouldnt be a reason to buy the game. If you preorder it came for free and it was just 47 doing a sniping mission.

Acutally I think it is a code for all three Hitman games on PC. It says:

This code will unlock the Classic Hitman Trilogy on PC.

Then you go to gamestop.com/redeem and put in the code.

ajh2298, if you would like the code you can have it. Just let me know and i'll pm it to you. I already have the games on PS2.

[quote name='shotgunshine']Acutally I think it is a code for all three Hitman games on PC. It says:

This code will unlock the Classic Hitman Trilogy on PC.

Then you go to gamestop.com/redeem and put in the code.

ajh2298, if you would like the code you can have it. Just let me know and i'll pm it to you. I already have the games on PS2.[/QUOTE]

No I am good but thanks for the offer. I thought they would be for the 360 via the marketplace now I am glad I didnt buy the game.

[quote name='ajh2298']No I am good but thanks for the offer. I thought they would be for the 360 via the marketplace now I am glad I didnt buy the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that would've been cool for it to be on the 360. I already have the games on ps2 and my pc sucks so it's no good for me.

If anyone else wants the code, just let me know.

so i played through the first 3 or 4 levels now and im really diggin it. i like the challenges each level has, gives a good reason to replay and try different tactics. did a few contracts as well and thats really cool too. im going to create my own tonight and see how that goes. so far thumbs up.

bread's done
Back