Battlefield 3 (PC-DL) $51 + Up to 30% off Pre-Orders! Amazon Game Downloads

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#91 packie

packie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:36 AM

A deal on the console versions would be very nice. I still use XP on my gaming pc because I never had a need for Vista/7 until this game so I just pre-ordered it for Xbox on Newegg. I'd much rather buy from Amazon than Newegg and I don't want to have to buy a new OS just to play it on PC. Even a future purchase credit would be great, anything is better than some dog tags. :)

#92 FlipSide

FlipSide

Made in the Philippines

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:48 AM

Awesome deals, but I assume this is just because Amazon is trying to establish their PC download to compete with STEAM and other established download service... and this is why we don't see those $20 gaming coupons anymore :) Amazon already established themselves as a video gamer retailer.

It would be appreciated if the same deals are applied to the console versions, lol wishful thinking... good deal nonetheless but I'd rather play FPS on console than PC (yes for me its the other way around.. my hands is more at home with the PS3 controller on shooters than a mouse)
Posted Image

#93 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:46 AM

Cancelled my Origin preorder. Smokin deal. Thanks Tony.
Posted Image

#94 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:33 PM

Updated with Sims 3 and Might and Magic

#95 Jurassic425

Jurassic425

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:44 PM

Amazon already established themselves as a video gamer retailer.

It would be appreciated if the same deals are applied to the console versions, lol wishful thinking... good deal nonetheless but I'd rather play FPS on console than PC (yes for me its the other way around.. my hands is more at home with the PS3 controller on shooters than a mouse)

Whether they have established themselves as video game retailers or not, they need to step their game up. There are so many retailers offering better preorder bonuses and midnight releases of these upcoming games, it makes it worth it to pay tax at a store rather than getting it at amazon. Besides if Amazon would just give a promotional credit for a future purchase it would guarantee another sale for them in the future.

LOL at them offering $10 off the purchase of a turtle beach headset with a MW3 purchase. We really need to see some real promo credit on these games or else I will be at the midnight release in some store. Amazon's BF3 and MW3 preorder bonuses on consoles are deplorable. :booty:

#96 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:46 PM

Tony, you basically put the game at a price that we can expect month or so later after release.... Did you know giving people that GOOD of a deal early on is a crime and is punishable with 10 years in jail? jk :P

Quick question about the download version. Does it still include the dog tag amazon.com exclusive and also the map pack (Back to Karkand)?

I was gonna wait on BF3 but at this price I am finding a hard time to justify NOT getting it now!

*edit* saw that you updated the page to show it includes everything. Will be telling all of my personal friends about this deal also today. Think I will definitely bite now on this!

That deal on Battlefield 3 is tempting, especially since PC version seems to be the superior version (not trying to start flame war but 64vs64 is EPIC). Is this price a preorder only special? how long will the price last

This offer is definitely for a limited time only. If you and your friends want to pick it up at this price...I'd do it sooner rather than later.

Tony,

Awesome deal!
Two questions about paying.

1. I see there is not an option to choose to pay with JUST a credit card if you have any Amazon credit, unlike when purchasing pretty much anything else on Amazon. I know it's a somewhat interesting point, but still...

2. Also related, there is not an option to use any Amazon.com credit card reward points.

Are there any plans to change this in the future or is this some type of policy for downloadables?

I don't have good answers for those questions currently, but I will look into both of them. Thanks for asking, and creating a meeting topic :).

Cheers,
Tony

#97 mewantgames

mewantgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:53 PM

Whether they have established themselves as video game retailers or not, they need to step their game up. There are so many retailers offering better preorder bonuses and midnight releases of these upcoming games, it makes it worth it to pay tax at a store rather than getting it at amazon. Besides if Amazon would just give a promotional credit for a future purchase it would guarantee another sale for them in the future.

LOL at them offering $10 off the purchase of a turtle beach headset with a MW3 purchase. We really need to see some real promo credit on these games or else I will be at the midnight release in some store. Amazon's BF3 and MW3 preorder bonuses on consoles are deplorable. :booty:

I'm one of the unlucky ones that has to pay sales tax on amazon, so they really need to step up if they want my money, considering all the other DD sites that i don't have to pay tax on and sell the game for cheaper. This BF3 deal is a step in the right direction though so keep it up.

#98 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:57 PM

Damn! Was going to preorder from EA with the birthday code deal, but this looks much better considering I still got a lot of Amazon credit to burn through.

If priced for digital versions start being cheaper than the physical version, I will be on board for an all digital console. Until that happens, I'll take things like this.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#99 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:06 PM

Cancelled my Origin preorder. Smokin deal. Thanks Tony.

Hmm how "hard" is it to cancel an Origin preorder. I used a bday coupon on Origin so I got this for $45 so it's not a big deal, but I do have some Amazon credit I wouldn't mind burning.
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK | Steam: djfakey
i5-2500k@4.2Ghz; MSI 660Ti PE/OC Ed.

#100 AutoPilotOff

AutoPilotOff

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:15 PM

preordered. This is one game you'll want on PC over console for sure. 64 player battlegrounds? Heck yes! I might get on xbox for really good deal too just to play with some friends.

#101 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:22 PM

Ok, I appreciate the effort and all, but this is releasing less than a month before Black Friday. Unless the pre-order deals are worth it, I'm probably waiting. Is the pre-order map worth it? I'd almost guarantee sub-$30 on BF with the CoD competition.

#102 UnrealZero

UnrealZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:43 PM

Way to go amazon! SOLD!

#103 syclick

syclick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

Amazing. $11.99 after $30 of promotional credit applied.

#104 YEAHBUDDY

YEAHBUDDY

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:46 PM

A good deal indeed.

#105 VashandWolfwood

VashandWolfwood

Space Available For Rent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:55 PM

Just preordered it. $41.99, the bonuses preordering it, plus no sales tax? Bueno.
Posted Image

#106 tanman8895

tanman8895

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:02 PM

When is the offer for battlefield over?

#107 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:10 PM

Ok, I appreciate the effort and all, but this is releasing less than a month before Black Friday. Unless the pre-order deals are worth it, I'm probably waiting. Is the pre-order map worth it? I'd almost guarantee sub-$30 on BF with the CoD competition.

I personally think the back to karkland map pack is worth it. It includes 4 maps AND it includes a wide set of karkland guns. Most likely the cheapest you'll see this entire pack is a $15 DLC.

Back to Karkland weapon pack
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK | Steam: djfakey
i5-2500k@4.2Ghz; MSI 660Ti PE/OC Ed.

#108 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:20 PM

Tony,

I just tried to preorder Battlefield 3 but my $20 Credit for Gears of War 3 was not being added. So I contacted Live Chat on Amazon to see if I was doing something wrong but they said that I could not use it for PC downloads. I was wondering if you could see if this can be changed because I and I know other CAGs would like to use our credit for these great deals on PC downloads.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#109 CountChoculitis

CountChoculitis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:35 PM

Tony,

I just tried to preorder Battlefield 3 but my $20 Credit for Gears of War 3 was not being added. So I contacted Live Chat on Amazon to see if I was doing something wrong but they said that I could not use it for PC downloads. I was wondering if you could see if this can be changed because I and I know other CAGs would like to use our credit for these great deals on PC downloads.

Amen. I am in the exact same situation. I came over here to check if anybody else found a way to apply the promotional credit to the game.

#110 jjgury

jjgury

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:35 PM

Awesome deal for everyone!

[IMG]http://exophase.com/gamercards/][IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/143967.png[/IMG][IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=http://exophase.com/gamercards/%20target=_blank%3E[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/143967.png[/IMG][IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/143967.png[/IMG]

#111 aldoussnow

aldoussnow

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

In for Battle 3. What a great deal at launch! I like the usual promo credits but I would much rather just save money instead.

#112 pukadon

pukadon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:59 PM

Sticking with the Newegg physical copy for PS3 - sadly my laptop can't really run BF3 well enough. And I suppose even if it would, my wife would be using the laptop for Facebook :)

#113 epicjas0n

epicjas0n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:13 PM

Tony,

Just keep trying. I was finally able to get my $20 applied.
Posted Image

#114 Rehykja

Rehykja

Diggles Gonna Dig

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:26 PM

Still bummed that BF3 uses Origin on PC. If that weren't the case than Amazon would have a couple sales from me thanks to this deal. Going to pass though due to EA's crappy program. :(
Wubwubwubwub.

#115 Kaoz

Kaoz

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:27 PM

And canceled my Origin order, Physical Warfare Pack would be nice, but not as nice as $18 in my pocket. Now if we could get a similar deal for the 360 version I would probably double dip just to be able to play with friends.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#116 kayatai

kayatai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:52 PM

Sorry if I missed this discussion but:

Is there a reason that Assassin's Creed Revelations PC download has a date of 11/29 and the PC box has a date of 11/15? Is this a mistake? Some people with a PC preorder may be surprised to find it's not available on the street date.

#117 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:52 PM

Tony,

Amen. I am in the exact same situation. I came over here to check if anybody else found a way to apply the promotional credit to the game.

Just keep trying. I was finally able to get my $20 applied.

Hi there, sorry for the delay on getting to you guys with the answer here. We have let CS know that this credit should be applicable towards Digital Video games.

Here's what I'd suggest:

1. Try CS again, and explain that this credit should be applicable to digital video games.

2. If that doesn't work PM me

3. If you really want to pre-order this game, go ahead and do so, because we won't charge your card immediately (because it is a pre-order) and then we'll figure it out with CS before the game launches (again PM me).

4. Protip - If you want to take advantage of the 30% off...do so soon, NOTE the limited time only messaging!

Cheers,
Tony

#118 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:56 PM

Tony,

K people that want to get their Gears credit applied read this:

Talked to chat. No go. Gave me the Game Download number.

866-439-0310

Called them up and the guy said he could reissue a generic promo credit, but he wasnt sure it if would apply. Tried it real quick and it works!

Also, I told him if i couldnt apply it then I would just buy $20 of graphic novels or something and not give Amazon the extra money. Then Id go to Best Buy and buy the game for $60. I really wanted to support Amazon in this instances tho.

Very glad at the way Amazon handled this. Amazing deal and will gladly support Amazon and their future digital sales. $22 for BF3 and I dont have to travel anywhere! WHOOOO!!!

You guys missed my post if you have Gears of War 3 credit.

#119 Admiral Moo

Admiral Moo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:23 PM

Canceled my physical preorder and used the credit on the digital one. Then applied the credit to pay off another pre-order. I now have all games I plan to purchase for the rest of the year ordered and paid off via Amazon!

#120 bigdale

bigdale

Your friend and mine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:37 PM

I'm going to play this on consoles to avoid Origin. And I'm not American so I take this moment to kvetch a bit more about the paucity of games and particularly deals on Amazon.ca.
:hot: :drool: