CAGcast #257: Good

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#121 Sinfulfate

Sinfulfate

The Podfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:29 AM

Good podcast. Superhero comment: I'd love to have Xmen destiny, the game looks like a fun mindless achievement grind.

524190.png

#122 Pascual

Pascual

Cheap Arse Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:48 AM

I think people (Looking at you Wombat!) need to wait and see when a traditionally single player franchise announces a multiplayer component. People have a tendency to flip out and declare that added multiplayer is not what the games needs, isn't wanted and will make the single player portion worse. First off I think it's somewhat of a myth to say that resources spent making the multiplayer will have a negative effect on the single player. I simply don't think that's how it works.

Lets look at recent examples of multiplayer being added to games that didn't have it before. Example 1 Assassins Creed Brotherhood. The multiplayer for that game was unique, fun and really well made. Was the single player campaign hurt at all? No, I would say it's the best Assassins Creed campaign to date and definitely the most fully featured. My second example would be Dead Space 2 and the sames things can be said for it as Assassins Creed. Cool unique multiplayer and a great single player campaign.

Now having said that it's quite possible that the multiplayer in Mass Effect 3 could suck (though I would doubt that) but let's not declare dead on arrival. Great show as usual guys :)

#123 bjkrautk

bjkrautk

Now with Added Sarcasm.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:20 PM

I am willing to endure a copy of X-Men Destiny for the greater good.
(...namely because it ensures I will play the game legally without giving Activision credit for a copy of the game 'sold.')

Why can't they just let Ravensoft make all their marvel titles? They've made all the good ones, save the original Neversoft Spider-Man (PS1) game.

#124 mowmow

mowmow

must..resist..collecting.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:32 PM

Sorcerer's lair came out a lot earlier on the ps3, but i'm sure most people think that its a brand new table for the xbox.

for shipwrecks contest:the early 90's x-men was the best
and wombats: dragon age code

9917.png

#125 djsoohoo83

djsoohoo83

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:31 PM

That sucks that you still have to buy the cars from the Forza 4 CE. At least with the GT5 CE, that bonus cars are unlocked and ready to race.

#126 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:11 AM

Good show guys. Sorry to be late.

Let's see a superhero comment....I really like Spiderman and Wolverine and Batman but I cannot stand Superman. He needs a new, darker, grittier remake.

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com