• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:09 AM

Free Shipping Link: http://www.bestbuy.c...cat221900050000

I heard mixed reviews too but at this price can't go wrong.

Metacritic Link (79): http://www.metacriti...60/mirrors-edge

#32 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:12 AM

If you have a sears near you and are lucky you can find this for 6 bucks on clearance
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#33 BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:13 AM

I really liked the game, but no way would I ever complete the time trials. There are a bunch of tricky jumps that you have to do over and over if you mess up.

#34 Yankeessuck193

Yankeessuck193

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:44 AM

Easily DICE's best game. Screw Battlefield, bring on Mirror's Edge 2!
The chance of getting a Touchpad at my local BB is the chance of Texas legalizing gay marriage with Rick Perry as the governor. :applause:

#35 aaandthedoggies

aaandthedoggies

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:49 AM

I liked this game a lot, but I could only play it 30mins at a time. The screen movements gave me motion sickness.

#36 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:52 AM

Didn't care for the demo much but I try to support "out there" games but hearing people complain about motion sickness means I have to pass on this one. I suffer from horrendous motion sickness from a lot of polygonal 3D games making the last couple gens less fun for me but I manage okay sometimes. My motion sickness put a quick end to my inFAMOUS 2 run which I am terribly saddened by. I put it at the bottom of the backlog in the hopes I can try to complete it again someday. I loved the first one but for some reason the new one made me ill. :(

#37 wuxbustah8

wuxbustah8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:03 AM

In for one, thanks!

fs_overall.png

#38 DeathDream

DeathDream

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:27 AM

I enjoyed the game a lot but played it on PC. The PhysicX thing was quite a nice touch too.

76561197972337331.png

#39 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:05 AM

This is a great game. I love the soundtrack and everything. My sister bought this for $20 some years ago. Definitely worth it.

#40 xNightfire147x

xNightfire147x

Loser in Love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:31 AM

Definitly pick this one up if you're on the fence about it. Mirror's Edge is one of the few games in my collection that surpasses some of the AAA games as far as originality and gameplay goes. The story may not be the most interesting but gamplay is awesome (Nothing like wall running and then kicking someone in the face). Just the mere fact that there is no strict way to complete some of the time trails and single player levels in the game is just amazing. I mean I have beat the game at least 5 times and I still hop on youtube seeing people run through levels in ways I have never even thought of. I think it really depends on how you take the game, if you play through it with an open mind you get so much out of the levels, but if you think about it as 'let me beat this game real quick' or 'short story=achievement/trophies' you will be missing out big time.

#41 ObiBen

ObiBen

Form Titan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:18 PM

This is a great game for $10. I really enjoyed it.

#42 Joker2007

Joker2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:31 PM

I picked up a copy to try it out. I had a $5 rewards certificate so $5.29 for a game is a great buy.

#43 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:34 PM

I can only play this one in short bursts sense it gives me motion sickness. Only other PS3 game that did that was Infamous.

#44 XF Gator

XF Gator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:41 PM

Not sure if this is a glitch or already posted, but Mirror's Edge (X360) is listed new for $9.99 on the Best Buy website, which is funny because it's listed at $14.99 for a pre-owned copy....

The game is 3 years old. Still fun though. I picked up my used PS3 copy from Amazon for $6 last year.

#45 reallynotnick

reallynotnick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:42 PM

I got this like $8 used a few weeks ago $10 new is a great price, I highly suggest people pick this up. I mean the games short and the story isn't great but the gameplay is just totally different from other games and really fun.

#46 spedmunki

spedmunki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:27 PM

The game is 3 years old. Still fun though. I picked up my used PS3 copy from Amazon for $6 last year.

I was referring to the fact that a NEW copy costs less than a USED copy online.

#47 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:32 PM

Never really played through the campaign, but doing the time trials through the levels is SO much fun! A no-brainer for $10.

#48 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electrifying confusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:36 PM

Thanks OP. I've been wanting to check this game out for a while and $10 w/ free shipping was the right price. Threw on a few bucks of leftover gift card credit from L.A. Noire too.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#49 fadersdream

fadersdream

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:30 PM

Every generation has a handful of games that are easy to miss out on, but great experiences.
They have flaws but do something not just unique but different and really well.
Mirror's Edge is one of those that was a distinct well done experience.
People still talk about it, and more people love it then are indifferent to it. Few if any hate it and the worst that gets said is that the story could have been better. Which isn't exactly true, the story is great but the mechanics seem just slightly off so you don't quite relate the trial and error of it to fit the narrative.

I think the problem is simultaneously encouraging violence and pacifism.

#50 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:06 PM

Great game but still seems kind of overpriced (for a sale price). Bought it on sale on PC from EA for $5 well over a year ago.

#51 smacd101

smacd101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:11 PM

Sold out online. They do have Blur for $14.99 though....

#52 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:36 PM

Grabbed one and should be here shortly.

#53 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:15 PM

I very rarely get motion sickness in games, but for some reason this game hits me pretty hard. Not puking or anything but I feel about the same as I do if I read while riding in a car...which is to say, like crap.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#54 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:17 PM

Awesome price for a very unique game

Currently Playing
:ps3: Tales of Symphonia

DahkX.png