Trippin' on apples!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:18 PM

:360: HomeFront + Battlefield Bad Company $24.99
:360: Xbox 360 LEGO Batman + Star Wars II $19.99
:360: Fable 3 + Halo 3 $24.99
:360: Bulletstorm + Prototype $29.99
:ps3: God Of War 3 + Little Big Planet $29.99

Edited by xenozfan2, 15 October 2011 - 05:27 PM.

#2 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:22 PM

Fable 3 + Halo 3 also for $25
http://www.gamestop....le-2-pack/97771

great prices on both bundles

Bulletstorm + Prototype $30
http://www.gamestop....le-2-pack/97774

God Of War 3 + Little Big Planet $30
http://www.gamestop....le-2-pack/97769

#3 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:24 PM

I noticed a few other decent priced bundles yesterday, though I cant remember which ones they were. Anyways thats a nice price for BF:BC and homefront.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#4 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:30 PM

Just wanted to add that even though the bundles say new, they are actually bundles of pre-owned games. I figured it was worth mentioning since Gamestop.com used is pretty hit or miss.

e.g.:

"Xbox 360 Protect This House Bundle: 2 Pack Includes:

* Battlefield Bad Company (Pre-Owned)
* Homefront (Pre-Owned)"

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#5 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:33 PM

Just wanted to add that even though the bundles say new, they are actually bundles of pre-owned games. I figured it was worth mentioning since Gamestop.com used is pretty hit or miss.

e.g.:

* Homefront (Pre-Owned)"

hah! hadn't even noticed that. sneaky gamestop. definitely a deal breaker for me.

#6 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:35 PM

GS being sneaky? I'm shocked!

#7 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:35 PM

Yup, right at the end of the page in a nice small font size. :lol:

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#8 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:37 PM

e.g.:

* Homefront (Pre-Owned)"

good eye, thats some misleading shit there.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

#9 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:38 PM

Lmao @ gamestop........ again
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#10 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:38 PM

good catch. Was tempted but not now. Will just picked up used from Gamefly instead

#11 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:41 PM

I always get nervous when I see too good of a deal at Gamestop, there's always a catch. :lol:

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#12 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:42 PM

lego batman and lego star wars II two pack Xbox 360 $20

#13 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:46 PM

All so you can't get 10% off with PUR. You know I used to defend gamestop with the whole "you don't HAVE to shop there" response, but the more they do this crap the more I dislike them.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#14 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:48 PM

Should I even renew my pur card next year ?
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#15 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:51 PM

The main reason I renew mine is because I actually like the GI magazine. If I were to just subscribe to it, it'd cost $20 or so. I just look at it as a cheap subscription, with that added bonus of needing the PUR card when the occasional deal pops up.

87688.png

#16 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:56 PM

I emailed them pointing out the error, and also stating that if this mislabeling is intentional (as in they are calling this a "new package of used games") then I would be happy to formally complain to the attorney general of the State they are incorporated in. I hope it's an honest mistake, but if it isn't, that's truly disgusting of them.

I remember when they brought back the Used Game of the Week out of the blue. Army of Two. $5 I think. I almost ran right out to get it, but thankfully emailed a friend to see if he'd be down for co-op. He mentioned that EA had just announced a discontinuation of the servers, meaning online co-op would be permanently going away. It was a stock dump effort for GS before more people became aware of this. That's some shady-ass business.

I have only shopped at GS when I have erewards giftcards. I'm not giving them a dime of my cash. Worst game retailer out there.

#17 xenozfan2

xenozfan2

Trippin' on apples!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:18 PM

Wow sorry guys I didn't know that they were used since it said buy new at the top. The only reason I am shopping at gamestop is that they bought my yyld ps3 for full price +$50 :)

#18 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:22 PM

Wasnt homefront just 12.99 at gamefly?

#19 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:23 PM

The main reason I renew mine is because I actually like the GI magazine. If I were to just subscribe to it, it'd cost $20 or so. I just look at it as a cheap subscription, with that added bonus of needing the PUR card when the occasional deal pops up.

GI is definitely the best videogame magazine out there.

#20 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:36 PM

I remember when they brought back the Used Game of the Week out of the blue. Army of Two. $5 I think. I almost ran right out to get it, but thankfully emailed a friend to see if he'd be down for co-op. He mentioned that EA had just announced a discontinuation of the servers, meaning online co-op would be permanently going away. It was a stock dump effort for GS before more people became aware of this. That's some shady-ass business.

do you really believe this? i think GS ran a few other used game of the week deals for low prices like Assasin's creed 1 & 2 bundle for cheap and some others i can't recall right now, so i doubt army of two was an intentional "dump" by GS. plus, you can still co-op army of two locally, you just can play the pvp online anymore.

#21 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:40 PM

Wasnt homefront just 12.99 at gamefly?

yes

87688.png

#22 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:50 PM

do you really believe this? i think GS ran a few other used game of the week deals for low prices like Assasin's creed 1 & 2 bundle for cheap and some others i can't recall right now, so i doubt army of two was an intentional "dump" by GS. plus, you can still co-op army of two locally, you just can play the pvp online anymore.

It happened about a couple weeks after EA announced they were killing the servers. I fully believe that was the cause of the dump, because those copies of the game would be worth even less if people knew they couldn't play online, or play online co-op. Do you think that when people went into the store, GS employees informed the customer that the game couldn't be played online anymore? I sincerely doubt it.

Legal? Sure. Ethical? Not to me.

#23 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:53 AM

You should either stop relentlessly shitting on every Gamestop thread, or stop shopping there since you clearly hate it so much. Or, ideally, both.

#24 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:00 AM

You should either stop relentlessly shitting on every Gamestop thread, or stop shopping there since you clearly hate it so much. Or, ideally, both.

Lol mabye so but gi is a really good magazine. I just wish that I had more use for the card. The 10% is nice but to get the 5,10,25 and 50$ off coupons you need so many points :( bestbuy's mag is getting better and it has coupons which can save you plenty of money with the right deal. Plus you get 5 reward dollars with every 250 points which isn't really hard to get at all. I just want gs to get better as competition is good for all of us
Currently playing

#25 TheWalkingFofy

TheWalkingFofy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:38 AM

I'm gonna have to pick up that Bulletstorm/Prototype bundle. I want to play Bulletstorm and I've been meaning to rebuy Prototype

#26 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:48 AM

of course Gamestop will tell everyone that they didnt think the sale was misleading at all if you confront them about it

#27 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:53 AM

Wish the OP was edited for that Homefront + BC1, when it said BC2 I almost got excited :whee:

#28 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:10 PM

The Fable III and Halo III bundle has my attention, then again. It wouldn't surprise me to see a Fable III: Platinum Hits with download content on the disc in the future. Also, I picked up Halo 3 already for less than $3 from a thrift store.

#29 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:21 PM

It happened about a couple weeks after EA announced they were killing the servers. I fully believe that was the cause of the dump, because those copies of the game would be worth even less if people knew they couldn't play online, or play online co-op. Do you think that when people went into the store, GS employees informed the customer that the game couldn't be played online anymore? I sincerely doubt it.

Legal? Sure. Ethical? Not to me.

But not everyone plays online co-op or even cares about playing games online, so for the store to tell customers about the servers being shut down would probably get a shrug and a who cares from many customers. Moreover, it's not their responsibility to tell customers about such things. It's the customers duty to know what's going on in gaming.

Either way five bucks for any game is a decent price, since almost any game is worth $5.

Lol mabye so but gi is a really good magazine. I just wish that I had more use for the card. The 10% is nice but to get the 5,10,25 and 50$ off coupons you need so many points :( bestbuy's mag is getting better and it has coupons which can save you plenty of money with the right deal. Plus you get 5 reward dollars with every 250 points which isn't really hard to get at all. I just want gs to get better as competition is good for all of us

I miss the FREE Gamer's Club coupons that BB used to do(that sometimes gave ya free games after use;)) versus having to pay for one time use coupons with the issues of their magazine. But the gravy train couldn't last forever.:cry:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#30 Lucky13

Lucky13

It's Go Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:19 PM

GameStop being a shady business isn't news. Whenever a new version of a game is announced they immediately do something with theirs that rubs people the wrong way. Some will say it's smart business while most others who already don't like GameStop will get heated. After all it's not like they are going to be like hey a new version with dlc is in the works but it's also not their job to tell you that. The argument could go on forever. Me? I haven't bought anything from GameStop in a long long time.
|:ps3: 150+|:br: 300+|:hd: 100+|:dvd: 500+|:ps2: 50+|:pc: too many!