GameStop Used Game 2-Packs

I noticed a few other decent priced bundles yesterday, though I cant remember which ones they were. Anyways thats a nice price for BF:BC and homefront.

Just wanted to add that even though the bundles say new, they are actually bundles of pre-owned games. I figured it was worth mentioning since Gamestop.com used is pretty hit or miss.

e.g.:

"Xbox 360 Protect This House Bundle: 2 Pack Includes:

* Battlefield Bad Company (Pre-Owned)
* Homefront (Pre-Owned)"

[quote name='therealdeal19']Just wanted to add that even though the bundles say new, they are actually bundles of pre-owned games. I figured it was worth mentioning since Gamestop.com used is pretty hit or miss.

e.g.:

* Homefront (Pre-Owned)"[/QUOTE]

hah! hadn't even noticed that. sneaky gamestop. definitely a deal breaker for me.

[quote name='therealdeal19']Just wanted to add that even though the bundles say new, they are actually bundles of pre-owned games. I figured it was worth mentioning since Gamestop.com used is pretty hit or miss.

e.g.:

* Homefront (Pre-Owned)"[/QUOTE]good eye, thats some misleading shit there.

All so you can't get 10% off with PUR. You know I used to defend gamestop with the whole "you don't HAVE to shop there" response, but the more they do this crap the more I dislike them.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Should I even renew my pur card next year ?[/QUOTE]

The main reason I renew mine is because I actually like the GI magazine. If I were to just subscribe to it, it'd cost $20 or so. I just look at it as a cheap subscription, with that added bonus of needing the PUR card when the occasional deal pops up.

I emailed them pointing out the error, and also stating that if this mislabeling is intentional (as in they are calling this a "new package of used games") then I would be happy to formally complain to the attorney general of the State they are incorporated in. I hope it's an honest mistake, but if it isn't, that's truly disgusting of them.

I remember when they brought back the Used Game of the Week out of the blue. Army of Two. $5 I think. I almost ran right out to get it, but thankfully emailed a friend to see if he'd be down for co-op. He mentioned that EA had just announced a discontinuation of the servers, meaning online co-op would be permanently going away. It was a stock dump effort for GS before more people became aware of this. That's some shady-ass business.

I have only shopped at GS when I have erewards giftcards. I'm not giving them a dime of my cash. Worst game retailer out there.

Wow sorry guys I didn't know that they were used since it said buy new at the top. The only reason I am shopping at gamestop is that they bought my yyld ps3 for full price +$50 :)

[quote name='Brother Daz']The main reason I renew mine is because I actually like the GI magazine. If I were to just subscribe to it, it'd cost $20 or so. I just look at it as a cheap subscription, with that added bonus of needing the PUR card when the occasional deal pops up.[/QUOTE]

GI is definitely the best videogame magazine out there.

[quote name='berzirk']
I remember when they brought back the Used Game of the Week out of the blue. Army of Two. $5 I think. I almost ran right out to get it, but thankfully emailed a friend to see if he'd be down for co-op. He mentioned that EA had just announced a discontinuation of the servers, meaning online co-op would be permanently going away. It was a stock dump effort for GS before more people became aware of this. That's some shady-ass business.
[/QUOTE]

do you really believe this? i think GS ran a few other used game of the week deals for low prices like Assasin's creed 1 & 2 bundle for cheap and some others i can't recall right now, so i doubt army of two was an intentional "dump" by GS. plus, you can still co-op army of two locally, you just can play the pvp online anymore.

[quote name='frpilot']do you really believe this? i think GS ran a few other used game of the week deals for low prices like Assasin's creed 1 & 2 bundle for cheap and some others i can't recall right now, so i doubt army of two was an intentional "dump" by GS. plus, you can still co-op army of two locally, you just can play the pvp online anymore.[/QUOTE]

It happened about a couple weeks after EA announced they were killing the servers. I fully believe that was the cause of the dump, because those copies of the game would be worth even less if people knew they couldn't play online, or play online co-op. Do you think that when people went into the store, GS employees informed the customer that the game couldn't be played online anymore? I sincerely doubt it.

Legal? Sure. Ethical? Not to me.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Should I even renew my pur card next year ?[/QUOTE]

You should either stop relentlessly shitting on every Gamestop thread, or stop shopping there since you clearly hate it so much. Or, ideally, both.

[quote name='Survivalism']You should either stop relentlessly shitting on every Gamestop thread, or stop shopping there since you clearly hate it so much. Or, ideally, both.[/QUOTE]

Lol mabye so but gi is a really good magazine. I just wish that I had more use for the card. The 10% is nice but to get the 5,10,25 and 50$ off coupons you need so many points :( bestbuy's mag is getting better and it has coupons which can save you plenty of money with the right deal. Plus you get 5 reward dollars with every 250 points which isn't really hard to get at all. I just want gs to get better as competition is good for all of us

I'm gonna have to pick up that Bulletstorm/Prototype bundle. I want to play Bulletstorm and I've been meaning to rebuy Prototype

The Fable III and Halo III bundle has my attention, then again. It wouldn't surprise me to see a Fable III: Platinum Hits with download content on the disc in the future. Also, I picked up Halo 3 already for less than $3 from a thrift store.

[quote name='berzirk']It happened about a couple weeks after EA announced they were killing the servers. I fully believe that was the cause of the dump, because those copies of the game would be worth even less if people knew they couldn't play online, or play online co-op. Do you think that when people went into the store, GS employees informed the customer that the game couldn't be played online anymore? I sincerely doubt it.

Legal? Sure. Ethical? Not to me.[/QUOTE]
But not everyone plays online co-op or even cares about playing games online, so for the store to tell customers about the servers being shut down would probably get a shrug and a who cares from many customers. Moreover, it's not their responsibility to tell customers about such things. It's the customers duty to know what's going on in gaming.

Either way five bucks for any game is a decent price, since almost any game is worth $5.
[quote name='strait edge follower']Lol mabye so but gi is a really good magazine. I just wish that I had more use for the card. The 10% is nice but to get the 5,10,25 and 50$ off coupons you need so many points :( bestbuy's mag is getting better and it has coupons which can save you plenty of money with the right deal. Plus you get 5 reward dollars with every 250 points which isn't really hard to get at all. I just want gs to get better as competition is good for all of us[/QUOTE]
I miss the FREE Gamer's Club coupons that BB used to do(that sometimes gave ya free games after use;)) versus having to pay for one time use coupons with the issues of their magazine. But the gravy train couldn't last forever.:cry:

GameStop being a shady business isn't news. Whenever a new version of a game is announced they immediately do something with theirs that rubs people the wrong way. Some will say it's smart business while most others who already don't like GameStop will get heated. After all it's not like they are going to be like hey a new version with dlc is in the works but it's also not their job to tell you that. The argument could go on forever. Me? I haven't bought anything from GameStop in a long long time.

Eh, I already assumed it was going to be pre-owned games before clicking the link. I agree that they should change the button from "new" to "pre-owned", but otherwise I don't see anything wrong with it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But not everyone plays online co-op or even cares about playing games online, so for the store to tell customers about the servers being shut down would probably get a shrug and a who cares from many customers. Moreover, it's not their responsibility to tell customers about such things. It's the customers duty to know what's going on in gaming.

Either way five bucks for any game is a decent price, since almost any game is worth $5.

[/QUOTE]

Almost any game worth $5? Uh...not exactly. EA basically stripped a significant amount of value out of the game by shutting down the servers. The game was heavily co-op promoted. To say the alternative is to call up your friend and invite them over at 9pm while the kids are asleep and play split-screen co-op is silly. If you bought a used car and the salesman didn't tell you the manufacturer told everyone to take out 5th gear, you'd be perfectly fine getting the car, and saying at least you have the other 4 gears?

I have no doubt they did it intentionally because the value of the game was going to drop so significantly with the lack of online support, and they had a lot of used stock which was going to be worth much less. What if there were achievements/trophies that could only be accomplished with online co-op? Would that irk you?

Bad justification for bad business practices.

[quote name='berzirk']Almost any game worth $5? Uh...not exactly. EA basically stripped a significant amount of value out of the game by shutting down the servers. The game was heavily co-op promoted. To say the alternative is to call up your friend and invite them over at 9pm while the kids are asleep and play split-screen co-op is silly. If you bought a used car and the salesman didn't tell you the manufacturer told everyone to take out 5th gear, you'd be perfectly fine getting the car, and saying at least you have the other 4 gears?

I have no doubt they did it intentionally because the value of the game was going to drop so significantly with the lack of online support, and they had a lot of used stock which was going to be worth much less. What if there were achievements/trophies that could only be accomplished with online co-op? Would that irk you?

Bad justification for bad business practices.[/QUOTE]
:lol: I play games solo 90-95% of the time, so I don't really care much for co-op(online or otherwise). The same applies for trophies/achievements, as I could care less if I even get them in a game.

I guess I'm the only gamer out there that still enjoys playing games either offline or by myself since everyone makes it out to be such a tragedy when a game doesn't support online play of any kind.

But truth be told, most people buying Army Of Two would most likely not even know about the servers being shut down for it since most gamers(i.e. the type who shop at GS and think they're getting a 'deal' on newsed games) aren't really in the know about such things.

But yeah, if you value the ability to play co-op and do so online this does suck. For the rest of us though it's no big deal cuz a $5 game is still fun and a decent value even without the ability to play online.

bread's done
Back