• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:28 PM

I fixed it. Thanks for letting me know.

#32 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:07 PM

Eh, I already assumed it was going to be pre-owned games before clicking the link. I agree that they should change the button from "new" to "pre-owned", but otherwise I don't see anything wrong with it.
Posted Image

#33 urallgyots

urallgyots

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:29 PM

if anyone had a buy 2, get 1 free coupon, they could get 6 games for like $40-50 haha

#34 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:26 PM

But not everyone plays online co-op or even cares about playing games online, so for the store to tell customers about the servers being shut down would probably get a shrug and a who cares from many customers. Moreover, it's not their responsibility to tell customers about such things. It's the customers duty to know what's going on in gaming.

Either way five bucks for any game is a decent price, since almost any game is worth $5.

Almost any game worth $5? Uh...not exactly. EA basically stripped a significant amount of value out of the game by shutting down the servers. The game was heavily co-op promoted. To say the alternative is to call up your friend and invite them over at 9pm while the kids are asleep and play split-screen co-op is silly. If you bought a used car and the salesman didn't tell you the manufacturer told everyone to take out 5th gear, you'd be perfectly fine getting the car, and saying at least you have the other 4 gears?

I have no doubt they did it intentionally because the value of the game was going to drop so significantly with the lack of online support, and they had a lot of used stock which was going to be worth much less. What if there were achievements/trophies that could only be accomplished with online co-op? Would that irk you?

Bad justification for bad business practices.

#35 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:35 PM

Almost any game worth $5? Uh...not exactly. EA basically stripped a significant amount of value out of the game by shutting down the servers. The game was heavily co-op promoted. To say the alternative is to call up your friend and invite them over at 9pm while the kids are asleep and play split-screen co-op is silly. If you bought a used car and the salesman didn't tell you the manufacturer told everyone to take out 5th gear, you'd be perfectly fine getting the car, and saying at least you have the other 4 gears?

I have no doubt they did it intentionally because the value of the game was going to drop so significantly with the lack of online support, and they had a lot of used stock which was going to be worth much less. What if there were achievements/trophies that could only be accomplished with online co-op? Would that irk you?

Bad justification for bad business practices.

:lol: I play games solo 90-95% of the time, so I don't really care much for co-op(online or otherwise). The same applies for trophies/achievements, as I could care less if I even get them in a game.

I guess I'm the only gamer out there that still enjoys playing games either offline or by myself since everyone makes it out to be such a tragedy when a game doesn't support online play of any kind.

But truth be told, most people buying Army Of Two would most likely not even know about the servers being shut down for it since most gamers(i.e. the type who shop at GS and think they're getting a 'deal' on newsed games) aren't really in the know about such things.

But yeah, if you value the ability to play co-op and do so online this does suck. For the rest of us though it's no big deal cuz a $5 game is still fun and a decent value even without the ability to play online.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image