• Please log in to reply
901 replies to this topic

#1 Jurassic425

Jurassic425

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

Yay. :)

What will you guys be picking up? I'll probably do... Batman Arkham City, NHL 12, and maybe RAGE or Dark Souls? OH THE POSSIBILITIES! ;)

Link?

#2 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:10 PM

Great deal for those who have waited on some of the new releases. A Batman, RAGE, Dead Island, Gears of War 3, Dark Souls and Forza 4 are all up for grabs for about $40ish a piece.

#3 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

I have batman preordered from amazon so I might consider getting 3 copys of rage and selling 2 of them off for like 50 a piece on craigslist and keeping the third one for myself. It would be like getting a new copy for 20 bucks which is good. I could also get sotd, starfox and zelda together as they are all 40. That being said ill most likely skip this sale for the second year in a row
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#4 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

ill try if bestbuy will pricematch this ;)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#5 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:12 PM

Yeah same here, hope BB will PM this. Already getting Batman. Was also thinking about grabbing Fifa 12 this week for 40 after Toysrus PM. Might hold off and grab Batman, Fifa, and Dark Souls maybe.

#6 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

If they did that I would dump my credit at bestbuy for this sale lol
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#7 cheeky

cheeky

Excited for the BB and Amazon PM!

#8 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:13 PM

Definitely. Being able to combine my 5/100 with this for Batman would be great.

#9 Jurassic425

Jurassic425

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:13 PM

I really wish they had done this deal next week. Then I would have gotten Batman AC, BF3, and something else (Gears 3 or Dead Island) for free!

#10 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:14 PM

Hopefully BestBuy matches this.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#11 PotatoGuy

PotatoGuy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:14 PM

Do they do pre orders? Love to bundle skyrim and zelda in this.

#12 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

might might grab Gears 3, Resistance 3, and something else if I can pricematch at Best Buy

#13 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:18 PM

awesome! is there a price limit? is it only $60 games? cuz I want to buy Kirby and okimiden and get another missed DS game free!

and hopefully amazon matches so I can get games that toys r us don't got in stock!

thanks btw

#14 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:21 PM

Come on bestbuy and amazon ! First one to match this gets my credit :) (meanwhile I spend no cash, mua ha ha ha ha)
Currently playing

690739.png

#15 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:25 PM

Man if bestbuy matched this and did preorders for this deal it this would be so broken as you can get the 5/100 deal Easily. Too bad that won't happen even if they do match :(
Currently playing

690739.png

#16 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:27 PM

Gears, Batman & either of these.
RAGE
Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition(never played Red Dead)
Dead Island

#17 Nintendokid54

Nintendokid54

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:33 PM

very nice indeed... comes out to $40 a game which might be what BF deals on games will be... Forza 4, Fifa 12 and Gears of War 3 im looking at you...

76561198020429748.png

#18 Deefuzz

Deefuzz

Comfortably Numb

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:35 PM

Fantastic, it's that time of year once again. Luckily there are several titles I have my eye on, just hope that they are all available at my local TRU when I have the chance to pop in!

#19 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:45 PM

Last year my local Best Buy matched the Buy2-Get1Free. They over-rode their system so that each game was $39.99.

But just a few months ago Best Buy adopted a much more stringent matching philosophy.

Will they still match Buy2-Get1Free? (or was my local Best Buy never supposed to match it in the first place?)

Thanks.

#20 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:45 PM

Just in time for my nephews birthday. 2 for me, 1 for him.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#21 Jurassic425

Jurassic425

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:46 PM

FYI last year when I did this sale the associate that I was working with was also willing to price match one of the games that was cheaper at another store. For those not planning on doing the buy-return trick you should keep this in mind. It's very YMMV though.

#22 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:53 PM

Shit! Why does this sale happen in the same week I plan to get my PS3???!!! I have about $100 in paypal and 2 collectors editions of dark souls to work with. Rage, Batman, and Red Dead Collection or Resistance 3 all sound enticing.

#23 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:00 PM

Does anyone recomend rage ? Might pick it up during this sale
Currently playing

690739.png

#24 Coltin

Coltin

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:03 PM

I'm about 8 hours in and I think it's great

#25 LordFlux

LordFlux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:11 PM

I bought Rage from NewEgg for $42 shipped and I'm fairly happy with my purchase. Kind of wish I would've waited until it was down to $30. Don't expect any new innovative gameplay mechanics... it's fairly straight forward and doesn't stray far from the generic FPS fair. If you're wanting something different, fresh, and attention-grabbing, you might want to look elsewhere. But if you're wanting some old-school style FPS action w/ vehicle combat set in a Mad Max setting... this is right up your alley.

#26 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Most likely BB would do the same thing in taking 1/3 off each game in a price match.

That's what my Best Buy did last year. Three games, each showed as $39.99 on final receipt.

#27 argyle

argyle

If BB matches, I'll get Batman, Dark Souls & probably Warhammer. Then I'll return the sealed Dark Souls w/ my receipt where I bought it from them last week. :D
Posted Image

#28 Sillentassasin

Sillentassasin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:13 PM

Sweet. I can get skylanders, Arkham City and Dark Souls.

AWESOME!

#29 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:19 PM

Cheapassgamer is so ridiculous. One, theres no link or info provided. Second, it's "hey guys, the sale you've been looking forward to is coming up". Boom 5 pages of talk about if other retailers will honor this. This is like deal masturbation.

#30 spacegundam0079

spacegundam0079

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:25 PM

BB policy around here ( NY ) is they DO NOT match free promotions . You may get lucky if you go hat in hand but usually a no go here . They match prices but not promos .
Posted Image