Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/16/11 to 10/22/11) Toys R Us Buy 2, Get 1 Free

• Please log in to reply
901 replies to this topic

#31 bigant262

bigant262

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:29 PM

Cheapassgamer is so ridiculous. One, theres no link or info provided. Second, it's "hey guys, the sale you've been looking forward to is coming up". Boom 5 pages of talk about if other retailers will honor this. This is like deal masturbation.

The sale IS next week. Just because someone doesn't provide you with a picture doesn't mean its not real. 3-4 people have confirmed it already. Also remember, no pre orders and it will vary by store if they let you return a game or not if you want to get a game at a later date.

#32 DertyFoot

DertyFoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:30 PM

Did Amazon match this promotion last year?

#33 247

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:30 PM

With taxes it comes out to about $43 a game. Think I'll just wait for Amazon to do $20 GC coupons or just go with Kmart.

#34 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:37 PM

I'm about 8 hours in and I think it's great

6 hours in and it is decent. Good but not great. No true plot and it seems like it's basically a to-do list so far and you just mark one off then add one...

The graphics are astounding though. I didn't expect 360 to be able to put out some this good. They outdid themselves again. The in game truly looks like cut scenes.

#35 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:38 PM

argh. just called and asked if they would match tru's b2g1f, he said they only match instock instore prices, not giftcards or bundledeals(including b2g1f) argh matey. ymmv good luck

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#36 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:42 PM

I can already hear the damn store manager here denying to match this deal. Gluck to everyone else.

#37 realskillz

realskillz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:47 PM

Im getting gears 3, batman AC, and dark souls hopefully BB matches the deal because I have credit there.

#38 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:49 PM

With taxes it comes out to about $43 a game. Think I'll just wait for Amazon to do $20 GC coupons or just go with Kmart.

Thanks.. I thought so. For me that isn't a very good deal.:cry:

Same here. Unless there are a lot of newer games that you want right now, I never find much good deals with these B2G1 though it does get me hopeful.

#39 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:51 PM

Yay, another week's time of dealing with CAGs trying to cheat the system and the requisite posts about it. :wall:

#40 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:54 PM

Last year was the first year I skipped out on this and this year isn't looking better.

$40 for new games for 1 week only.

KMart and Amazon are routinely giving me $20+ to buy the game brand new anyway. In the case of some games, I get a free game, a free shirt, or up to $30 (for Arkham City). I don't have to wait or purchase them all at once. I can drag it out. This is no longer the epic deal that it once was. A true BOGO would be, but B2G1 is actually barely par for the course. I'd rather spend the money at Amazon & KMart to support their regularly good deals.

For all of you listing Batman, why? KMart will give you $30 to spend the next week AND a shirt. That's $30 for Batman and $30 to spend later on something else without having to cheat the system.
-Michael

Posted Image

#41 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:56 PM

Yay, another week's time of dealing with CAGs trying to cheat the system and the requisite posts about it. :wall:

Fun times. Best of luck Shrike.
-Michael

Posted Image

#42 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:57 PM

Last year was the first year I skipped out on this and this year isn't looking better.

$40 for new games for 1 week only.

KMart and Amazon are routinely giving me $20+ to buy the game brand new anyway. I don't have to wait or purchase them all at once. I can drag it out. This is no longer the epic deal that it once was. A true BOGO would be, but B2G1 is actually barely par for the course. I'd rather spend the money at Amazon & KMart to support their regularly good deals.

Not to mention the fast drops and BBY doing post buy price guarantee. Almost every company now has a way to get your game for $40-$45 on day 1 now or able to PM it later...

I agree this sale needs something else to make it good. Like $10+ off most newer
Games.

#43 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:59 PM

Unless there are good $30 and under games I might sit this one out...$120 is more than I want to fork over at once right now to tru unless was a killer ps3 system deal.

#44 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:00 PM

Not to mention the fast drops and BBY doing post buy price guarantee. Almost every company now has a way to get your game for $40-$45 on day 1 now or able to PM it later...

I agree this sale needs something else to make it good. Like $10+ off most newer
Games.

Yup. If you must have the game on release, you're not waiting for this sale. If you're waiting for this sale, why? You could have had all the games you listed for the same price on release with NO EFFORT, let alone if they go on sale at the store you bought them at or severely drop.

If it's a weird game to fill the spot, it'll drop significantly fast anyway (there's no way Warhammer won't be $20 SOMEWHERE by X-Mas, for example).
-Michael

Posted Image

#45 hectorlaparka

hectorlaparka

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:01 PM

I still have my $50.00 TRU gift card from that Portal 2/Mortal Kombat sale, so I'm pretty stoked about this.

#46 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:02 PM

Hey haven't seen you in a while. Are you going to jump on this tru deal ? If so what are you going to get ?
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#47 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:02 PM

Everyone keeps hoping for Dark Souls. I see it on the online store, but has anyone seen Dark Souls at their local Toys R Us stores?

Probably get the Nintendo Select titles, Time Crisis Razing Storm, and some other commonly found titles.

Edit: I really doubt my local TRU even has Time Crisis: Razing Storm.

#48 argyle

argyle

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:03 PM

For all of you listing Batman, why? KMart will give you $30 to spend the next week AND a shirt. That's $30 for Batman and $30 to spend later on something else without having to cheat the system.

Personally, I'm only doing this deal if I can get BB to match it, and I'm getting Batman there regardless. Until K-Mart starts doing trade-ins, with credit rivaling BB's no less, then they are non-deals to me. I'm not paying cash for a new release.
Posted Image

#49 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:22 PM

Hey haven't seen you in a while. Are you going to jump on this tru deal ? If so what are you going to get ?

I pass on this sale like a hot potato.

The last time I bought something at this sale, 2007, I think, everything I bought was $40 or less within 3-4 months, so I decided I'm passing on the TRU sale because it's really not that great a deal.

With all the added deals by vendors like KMart, Amazon and the like, it's just not worth getting B2G1 anymore.

#50 S0DA POPINSKI

S0DA POPINSKI

New system, but such an last gen backlog still

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:24 PM

MAN! I so want a new game to hold me off til Skyrim... Batman, Forza, NBA 2k, Gears ... hmmm

#51 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:25 PM

I pass on this sale like a hot potato.

The last time I bought something at this sale, 2007, I think, everything I bought was $40 or less within 3-4 months, so I decided I'm passing on the TRU sale because it's really not that great a deal.

With all the added deals by vendors like KMart, Amazon and the like, it's just not worth getting B2G1 anymore.

This is why I've been Considering skipping it. However I do have bestbuy and amazon credit to burn so I hope they match it. Keeps my game shopping options open if anything
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#52 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:26 PM

I'm not as excited for this sale this year... most games this year have dropped quickly and my TRU's selection is complete shit. If they dropped prices of older games, I'd jump on but I'm not entirely sure I want to bother. I normally use this for portable games (which rarely see price drops) but there isn't much I want on portables this year either.

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#53 haywire69

haywire69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:29 PM

Don't give TRU your money,just hold out and get these games cheaper.

#54 thirtytwoutside

thirtytwoutside

HOW CAN SHE SLAP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:30 PM

Since everyone is talking about hoping BB pricematches this: I've successfully gotten them to pricematch over the past few years.

Like shrike said, I will be passing on this for now... everything I got dropped with the quickness. Hell, I still have a copy of Uncharted 2 and Need for Speed: Shift that are still in the shrink from a TRU/BB B2G1 sale.
CAG: Where it doesn't matter how good or how cheap a game is, but games would only be "worth buying" to people if only they were $10 cheaper.

#55 Kevbo887

Kevbo887

Defensor Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:36 PM

Thank you for heads up

#56 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:41 PM

Is this everyone's first year buying video games? You guys are cracking me up with this talk of price matches. First off, TRU does this sale every year at this time. I know this because it's always close to my birthday and I always take advantage of it. Second, Best Buy always does their own B2G1 within a few weeks of the TRU deal, when even more games will be out. Last year it was the week that Fable III and SW:TFUII came out and people were racking up multiple copies of the limited editions.

While nothing is ever set in stone, I expect this to hold true again this year. I wouldn't waste the effort trying a price match when it will be to your benefit to wait for Best Buy, especially when you can build up credit with their trade-in promos.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#57 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:41 PM

Since everyone is talking about hoping BB pricematches this: I've successfully gotten them to pricematch over the past few years.

Like shrike said, I will be passing on this for now... everything I got dropped with the quickness. Hell, I still have a copy of Uncharted 2 and Need for Speed: Shift that are still in the shrink from a TRU/BB B2G1 sale.

I am starting to loathe my backlog. I want to get my wings on GoW3 (at 68 now woot) but everytime I go to pop it in I see games like da:o, rage, AA, AC:B and others that scream to be played.

I long for the precag days when I could only afford 1 or 2 games to play at a time...

#58 Hades79

Hades79

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:45 PM

What are you talking about $30 for Batman? It is only a $30 coupon for your next gaming purchase. You will still have to fork over $60+tax cash to get Batman and then the $30 coupon. In essence, it's two games for $45 each. I could see why people would want to go for the B2G1 deal because that's only $40 per game.

yes but you can use that coupon to get Skyrim, MW3, or any of the November releases and then get another 20 or 30 coupon.

#59 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:55 PM

Yay. :)

What will you guys be picking up? I'll probably do... Batman Arkham City, NHL 12, and maybe RAGE or Dark Souls? OH THE POSSIBILITIES! ;)

Cheapassgamer is so ridiculous. One, theres no link or info provided. Second, it's "hey guys, the sale you've been looking forward to is coming up". Boom 5 pages of talk about if other retailers will honor this. This is like deal masturbation.

The sale IS next week. Just because someone doesn't provide you with a picture doesn't mean its not real. 3-4 people have confirmed it already. Also remember, no pre orders and it will vary by store if they let you return a game or not if you want to get a game at a later date.

IMHO, the OP shouldn't have started this thread unless they had the actual ad in hand, know what the exact deal is, or start a thread on a deal based on what others have confirmed on previous threads.

The exact deal:

Buy 2 Get 1 Free on ALL Games, Accessories, Guides and T-Shirts.

#60 TL77

TL77

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:55 PM

Time for the CAG drinking game: one shot every time someone types "placeholder."