Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/16/11 to 10/22/11) Toys R Us Buy 2, Get 1 Free

• Please log in to reply
901 replies to this topic

#571 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:20 PM

It's funny because I had a hard time w/ the TRU sale because all I really want is Everybody Dance and R&C: All 4 One. Now I can get both games and $20 off at Best Buy, awesome.
Posted Image

#572 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:22 PM

They can't. If it says $60 on the receipt, then that's what was paid.

When you go to return it with the gift receipt they don't even know the other items that were bought in the deal, so for all they know it was bought alone for $60.

That sounds like a brilliant plan. Please let us know how this goes.

#573 sociopharm02

sociopharm02

The Pure Raw Uncut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:28 PM

Good deal for the new Skylanders stuff. Kids are going to be excited:)
Posted Image

#574 TwistedOwnz

TwistedOwnz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:36 PM

Im a Toys R Us Electronics employee and you can't buy 3 games and then return one to get 60 back you will only get 40 back. it will say right on the receipt u payed 60 but refund price is 40. Do no try this you will get denied your return for 60 and nothing will be changed

#575 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:36 PM

It's not a plan.. it's common sense. They can't change the price paid even if they knew it was a buy 2 get 1 free, and let's be honest, they won't. I don't get why so many of you are so skeptical. They tell you that you can do the placeholders without asking them. It's idiotic to think some cashier will change the price because they're having a bad day.

They just hatin' and trying to scare you off! You feel me?

#576 TwistedOwnz

TwistedOwnz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:37 PM

the price paid is 120 for 3 games which is 40 each and thats how it works return one get 40 and 2 is 80 and all 3 for your 120 back

#577 TwistedOwnz

TwistedOwnz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:40 PM

doesn't work returning with a gift receipt it will come up as 40.

#578 TwistedOwnz

TwistedOwnz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:41 PM

and exhanges don't work after the deal is done and over with. there is no such thing a placeholders anymore every loophole has been taken care of so be sure what you want is what you buy.

#579 flaproosta08

flaproosta08

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:41 PM

Waiting for the angry masses to post when TRU starts denying this or refunding back $40 instead of $60

It is what it is if they decide to do that.

I'm getting all three games regardless, may as well attempt to get them cheap eh?

#580 flaproosta08

flaproosta08

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:42 PM

so in that case I'm playing 40/40/60 for three games.

still seems fine to me!

#581 TwistedOwnz

TwistedOwnz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:44 PM

your paying 40/40/40 for three games

#582 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:44 PM

Yes, but make sure to scan the game you want to exchange first. It HAS to be $60 and not the $0 game. And make sure you get a gift receipt for it. When the time comes, use the gift receipt to return the game and get a $60 gift card, which you'll use to buy Uncharted 3.

The thing is, if there's a deal for Uncharted 3, like a $20 gift card, it'll be like paying $40. :) Hope this helps.

Did not think about doing that, but I do want UC3 and it seems like a good idea since the only other games I want are Arkham and Dark Souls. Wondering if I'm better just buying Batman at K-Mart and getting UC3 or Skyrim for $30 and just waiting for an inevitable Dark Souls price drop. HMM!

#583 lostmyheadnmind

lostmyheadnmind

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:56 PM

Anyone who lives in Delaware the Christiana location should be able to get the local best buy to price match since they are nearly less than a Mille from each other.

#584 skateraXVIII

skateraXVIII

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:00 PM

I couldn't care less if BB PMed the B2G1, what I'm waiting for is Amazon to do so.

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#585 Algertman

Algertman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:00 PM

I got a 10 off 50 coupon in the mail. I assume this can be stacked with the sale?

#586 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:05 PM

I got a 10 off 50 coupon in the mail. I assume this can be stacked with the sale?

I have a 10 off 75 and if you read the back it excludes almost everything including video games. But I'm still gonna try to use it.
Posted Image

#587 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:11 PM

Waiting on the amazon pm as well....

#588 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:17 PM

Yes, but make sure to scan the game you want to exchange first. It HAS to be $60 and not the $0 game. And make sure you get a gift receipt for it. When the time comes, use the gift receipt to return the game and get a $60 gift card, which you'll use to buy Uncharted 3.

The thing is, if there's a deal for Uncharted 3, like a $20 gift card, it'll be like paying $40. :) Hope this helps.

I really wish you would stop spreading misinformation like this.

Check the OP, where prim4444 has explained how it'll ring out and why your theory won't work. The non-free games will show a value of $29.99 on the return, not $60. You can't do single-item returns on the games and get the full value, gift receipt or not, you have to return all three at once to get the full value on the return.

prim4444 works at TRU and has consistently been correct on how sales work at TRU.

your paying 40/40/40 for three games

Actually, you're paying $30 (1st non-free game) / $30 (2nd non-free game) / $60 (free game).

Alright well if that's the case I'll just return them all. No offense but for some reason I don't believe you. We need to get conformation from people if it works or not.

Read the OP. :wall:

#589 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:23 PM

I really wish you would stop spreading misinformation like this.

Check the OP, where prim4444 has explained how it'll ring out and why your theory won't work. The non-free games will show a value of $29.99 on the return, not $60. You can't do single-item returns on the games and get the full value, gift receipt or not, you have to return all three at once to get the full value on the return.

prim4444 works at TRU and has consistently been correct on how sales work at TRU.

Actually, you're paying $30 (1st non-free game) / $30 (2nd non-free game) / $60 (free game).

Read the OP. :wall:

Actaully the free game will show up as $0. You are paying $60 each on the first 2 games and the last is free. HOWEVER the refund value on those $60 game is $40. The free game has no value and cant be returned for any credit. In either case, the placeholder method does not work
Posted Image

#590 metrostar

metrostar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:26 PM

Does anyone know if the Toys R Us's 1970s Batsuits skin unlock arrived in-pack with the game or they will email the code to you later? and is it also applied to Collector's Edition?

I just tried a purchase online, and it looks the Batman figure can't be combined with their B2G1F offer, will it apply in store?

#591 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:29 PM

Actaully the free game will show up as $0. You are paying $60 each on the first 2 games and the last is free. HOWEVER the refund value on those $60 game is $40. The free game has no value and cant be returned for any credit. In either case, the placeholder method does not work

Prim said 30. Because if it was 40, you'd still be getting 2 games for 80. Or 1 game for $40.

Don't correct prim. ;)

#592 mr mellow

mr mellow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:30 PM

Actaully the free game will show up as $0. You are paying $60 each on the first 2 games and the last is free. HOWEVER the refund value on those $60 game is $40. The free game has no value and cant be returned for any credit. In either case, the placeholder method does not
work

Which means if you are trying to exchange the games valued at $40, you will have to pay the difference on the game which would be $60 that you are trying to exchange for hence, not a good deal. Looks like TRU has covered their bases with this sale not allowing the placeholder method being an even exchange which i know was allowed in the past with this sale.

#593 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:36 PM

Prim said 30. Because if it was 40, you'd still be getting 2 games for 80. Or 1 game for $40.

Don't correct prim. ;)

I just came back from TRU and it clearly says the refund value of the first 2 games is $39.99, not $29.99 on the reciept
Posted Image

#594 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:38 PM

Nevermind ;)

Edited by confoosious, 16 October 2011 - 06:06 PM.

#595 DYNO

DYNO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:42 PM

So according to the weekly ad on BB's website it says that a purchase of Batman: Akham City on Tuesday will receive a free CinemaNow download of "Batman: Under the Red Hood". I don't mind this addition at all, since I enjoyed the animated movie and all (John DiMaggio did well as a Joker, likewise with Neil Patrick Harris as Nightwing). Never used CinemaNow though so I'll see to that.

It's on page 18 of the ad if anyone is interested.

Wonder if this will be extended to those who pre-ordered the game in-store(or online for in-store pickup).

Also is there any verification that the "Robin" dlc will be included in the package itself?

Edit: Woops wrong DiMaggio, hehe

#596 bigc97

bigc97

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:49 PM

I apologize if this has already been addressed, but I didn't feel like reading through 30+ pages of comments:

A couple years ago TRU did the same B2G1 sale, but there weren't many games that I was interested in available that particular week, so I did this:

I picked up the game that I was interested in, and got two random games. All three were at the $60 price point. Over the next few weeks (all within their 30-day return policy) as the games that I wanted came out (I believe they were Assassin's Creed 2 and Modern Warfare 2) I took my UNOPENED games back with my receipt and had them exchanged for the titles that I actually wanted. I spoke to the manager there before I did all of this to make sure it wouldn't be a problem. He was cool with it, he just said to make sure that the game I wanted to keep was rang out as the freebie.

I was considering doing this for Batman AC and then exchanging to get a couple other titles that I want that will be released in the next few weeks, but now that I see the K-mart coupon I'm probably just going to get it from there. Figured I'd post this to see if it would help anyone else, just make sure you talk to your local TRU store manager to make sure it won't be an issue. Good luck!

#597 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:55 PM

I apologize if this has already been addressed, but I didn't feel like reading through 30+ pages of comments:

A couple years ago TRU did the same B2G1 sale, but there weren't many games that I was interested in available that particular week, so I did this:

I picked up the game that I was interested in, and got two random games. All three were at the $60 price point. Over the next few weeks (all within their 30-day return policy) as the games that I wanted came out (I believe they were Assassin's Creed 2 and Modern Warfare 2) I took my UNOPENED games back with my receipt and had them exchanged for the titles that I actually wanted. I spoke to the manager there before I did all of this to make sure it wouldn't be a problem. He was cool with it, he just said to make sure that the game I wanted to keep was rang out as the freebie.

I was considering doing this for Batman AC and then exchanging to get a couple other titles that I want that will be released in the next few weeks, but now that I see the K-mart coupon I'm probably just going to get it from there. Figured I'd post this to see if it would help anyone else, just make sure you talk to your local TRU store manager to make sure it won't be an issue. Good luck!

Short answer....no, wont work anymore
Posted Image

#598 blackMamba1187

blackMamba1187

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:57 PM

Picked up Forza 4, NHL 12 and Dark Souls (all 360). NHL and Dark Souls were the last copies. Now... to find the time to play them.

Playing: SM3DW (wiiU); LoZ:ALBW(3ds); ACIV (ps4); Knack (ps4);  Cook, Serve, Delicious (ipad), ACIV comp.app (ipad)

#599 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:57 PM

No you cant bc the last game is $0. There are no loopholes. They got themselves covered this year

Think for a second. I'm not in the business of trying to help scammers but there is a loophole.

Look at your receipt.

#600 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:59 PM

Don't correct prim. ;)

I just came back from TRU and it clearly says the refund value of the first 2 games is $39.99, not $29.99 on the reciept

My original post was not definite. I did mention that the refund price will be higher since I didn't know the exact percentage that would be taken off. I just used the $30 price as an example for people to get an idea of what to expect.