Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/16/11 to 10/22/11) Toys R Us Buy 2, Get 1 Free

• Please log in to reply
901 replies to this topic

#661 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:47 PM

I know this is a long shot, but I might try tomorrow to find these titles at my TRU:

Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition (online says not sold in-stores, may not be accurate)
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage (saw at my Walmart, doubt my TRU will have it)
Child of Eden (PS3 version)

#662 mr mellow

mr mellow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:56 PM

"literally hears Just Dance 3 trade in value plummet like a rock" :booty:

#663 srac84

srac84

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:05 AM

Cause 3 sealed copies of just dance 3 isnt gonna raise any red flags.

lol if you have a receipt you should be fine, also they do open them after you confirm that you wanna trade it.

#664 srac84

srac84

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:07 AM

anybody figure out how to get rise of nightmares from tru to flip at bb?

its 25 dollars per copy, and if you pre order BF3 or MW3 they give you an extra 50% making it a total of 37.50

#665 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:08 AM

Hmm... I bought three copies of Just Dance 3 and picked them up but wasn't given a receipt. :X How can I trade em in then? Show the receipt from the e-mail?

#666 srac84

srac84

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:13 AM

Hmm... I bought three copies of Just Dance 3 and picked them up but wasn't given a receipt. :X How can I trade em in then? Show the receipt from the e-mail?

they don't usually ask for a receipt to trade in games at best buy but they MIGHT, if so just showem the printout of your email. I've done store pick up before at toysrus and they tell me my receipt is the email, but you should be ok

#667 SHOaks

SHOaks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:27 AM

I'm gonna try and do a Just Dance flip at BB after buying at TRU tomorrow. You guys think the TIV will plummet by then or stay at $30.

#668 mightyduck

mightyduck

You're killin' me Smalls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:34 AM

Is it worth hoping that Amazon price matches?

#669 mr mellow

mr mellow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:36 AM

I'm gonna try and do a Just Dance flip at BB after buying at TRU tomorrow. You guys think the TIV will plummet by then or stay at $30.

With the amount off chatter regarding the flip in this thread it surely wont last long. I would get on it asap.

#670 PanzerDSS

PanzerDSS

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:38 AM

Picked up Dead Island (Great bad game), Zumba Fitness for Kinect (For my girlfriend's birthday), and Once Upon A Monster (Because I am a Double Fine fanboy).

Thanks OP.

#671 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:59 AM

Curse Best Buy and their early closing on Sunday! I got in there just in time to buy a visa gift card with my best buy trade in credit. Then I went to Toys R Us and bought 3 copies Just dance Dance 3. But I can't trade them back to Best Buy until tomorrow. Hopefully the trade value doesn't drop over night.

#672 bigant262

bigant262

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:12 AM

Curse Best Buy and their early closing on Sunday! I got in there just in time to buy a visa gift card with my best buy trade in credit. Then I went to Toys R Us and bought 3 copies Just dance Dance 3. But I can't trade them back to Best Buy until tomorrow. Hopefully the trade value doesn't drop over night.

I hope it does.

#673 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:22 AM

i hope it does.

q.q

#674 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:49 AM

Picked up Dead Island (Great bad game), Zumba Fitness for Kinect (For my girlfriend's birthday), and Once Upon A Monster (Because I am a Double Fine fanboy).

Thanks OP.

I went to tru today looking for games in the Once upon a monster range but couldt find a third game. I noticed that the game comes in like a deluxe box. What else is included? Looks like its a TRU exclusive.
Posted Image

#675 Krate

Krate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:49 AM

So according to the weekly ad on BB's website it says that a purchase of Batman: Akham City on Tuesday will receive a free CinemaNow download of "Batman: Under the Red Hood". I don't mind this addition at all, since I enjoyed the animated movie and all (John DiMaggio did well as a Joker, likewise with Neil Patrick Harris as Nightwing). Never used CinemaNow though so I'll see to that.

It's on page 18 of the ad if anyone is interested.

Wonder if this will be extended to those who pre-ordered the game in-store(or online for in-store pickup).

Also is there any verification that the "Robin" dlc will be included in the package itself?

Thanks for posting this! Weird that's it's not mentioned in the Sunday paper ad.

#676 PanzerDSS

PanzerDSS

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:17 AM

I went to tru today looking for games in the Once upon a monster range but couldt find a third game. I noticed that the game comes in like a deluxe box. What else is included? Looks like its a TRU exclusive.

It has a "Special Gameplay Helper" that is basically a cushion-y wrist pad that you put on floor to remind kids how far away they need to be for the Kinect. Not sure if it is TRU exclusive, but a fun freebie with all the monsters on it.

#677 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:37 AM

bestbuy was able to match tru's b2g1f. got dark souls, rage and resistance 3 for $130 total. woot. just need to finish my plat runs for resistance 3/rage and away they go.
Dark Souls is a keeper.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#678 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:39 AM

It has a "Special Gameplay Helper" that is basically a cushion-y wrist pad that you put on floor to remind kids how far away they need to be for the Kinect. Not sure if it is TRU exclusive, but a fun freebie with all the monsters on it.

i need to get something like that for my kids! That kid cannot play sports champions with out being damn near in the TV

#679 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:14 AM

bestbuy was able to match tru's b2g1f. got dark souls, rage and resistance 3 for $130 total. woot. just need to finish my plat runs for resistance 3/rage and away they go.
Dark Souls is a keeper.

lucky, I tried to price match the deal and was shot down at two different Best Buys today

#680 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:18 AM

Geez, i feel lucky when i get BB to match a simple discount on a game (Planning to try to PM Sim's 3 Pets for 37.49 this week).

Getting my stores to PM that B2G1 would be like getting a vampire to drink holy water. Either way, cant wait to get Batman, Ratchet and Clank, and Skylanders tuesday at TRU. (Hoping i get there early enough)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#681 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:22 AM

I was looking to add a few cheap games to the backlog that I've wanted to play and noticed there are two prices for Mass Effect 2 on PS3.

The listing on page 10 under "Action Adventure" says $19.99 and the listing on page 1 under "strategy" says $39.99. Does anyone know the actual price?
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#682 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:53 AM

I'm not going to the midnight release of Batman at BBY because I want try and price match tru's B2G1 deal there later on during the day, but I feel bad knowing their is a 99% chance my best buy will deny my price match and I'll have missed the midnight release for nothing.

#683 dealsthatkills

dealsthatkills

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:34 PM

I'm not going to the midnight release of Batman at BBY because I want try and price match tru's B2G1 deal there later on during the day, but I feel bad knowing their is a 99% chance my best buy will deny my price match and I'll have missed the midnight release for nothing.

Best Buy isn't having a midnght release of Batman AC at any of my stores so don't fret dude. I'm gonna pick up my GS copy at midnight and my BB copy later that day with b2g1, use the preorder codes, then return the GS one in about a week. Free preorder codes. I don't feel bad about doing that simply because of the rediculous amount of money I spend there. Plus I was gonna cancel once I heard the 5 for 100 deal at BB but decided to be good to the employees and have $100 tied up in that game at GS right now.

Yes, I asked the manager last night if I could do the PM and he said most definately. He'll just mark the 5 games I am getting down to 39.99. The only problem with that is that I can't get placeholders for BF3, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, AC R, or SR 3. If I could, I'd buy them all tomorrow and exchange them with my preoders, guaranteeing me $43 a game plus 20 RZ certs plus RZ pointx3.5.

#684 Hades79

Hades79

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:37 PM

So do they not take PS3 Just Dance 3? I already hit my limit with the Xbox version.

#685 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:52 PM

So do they not take PS3 Just Dance 3? I already hit my limit with the Xbox version.

Game isn't out until December.

#686 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:56 PM

Sorry if this has been answered....lots of pages here to read through.

For the TRU B2G1, can it be used on POINTS cards?
It appears that XBOX points work based on the website, but does the PSN points work? I know those are handled like a gift card (sort of).
Thanks!

#687 TheLastGunslinger

TheLastGunslinger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:53 PM

Sorry if this has been answered....lots of pages here to read through.

For the TRU B2G1, can it be used on POINTS cards?
It appears that XBOX points work based on the website, but does the PSN points work? I know those are handled like a gift card (sort of).
Thanks!

It looks like it's only working on some points/PSN items online. For the 360 it looks good on the 12 month starter kit, 4000 point card, 12 month Live card and 3 month Live card. Of course, they're OoS on the 4k and 12 month cards.

I couldn't find a listing for PSN cards on the website and sadly I won't be able to check out in-store until tomorrow (hoping to get Ratchet & Clank: All-4-One).
[Sig goes here]

#688 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:01 PM

So according to the weekly ad on BB's website it says that a purchase of Batman: Akham City on Tuesday will receive a free CinemaNow download of "Batman: Under the Red Hood". I don't mind this addition at all, since I enjoyed the animated movie and all (John DiMaggio did well as a Joker, likewise with Neil Patrick Harris as Nightwing). Never used CinemaNow though so I'll see to that.

It's on page 18 of the ad if anyone is interested.

Wonder if this will be extended to those who pre-ordered the game in-store(or online for in-store pickup).

Also is there any verification that the "Robin" dlc will be included in the package itself?

Edit: Woops wrong DiMaggio, hehe

I would think it would be extended to pre-orders. It says if you purchase it, but doesn't say not if you pre-ordered it. This is a cool little bonus. I'd rather have a money-back bonus like Kmart or Amazon are offering, expecially since Under the Red Hood is streaming on Netflix, but I'll take any extras I can get! Thanks for the heads-up on it.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#689 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:43 PM

It looks like it's only working on some points/PSN items online. For the 360 it looks good on the 12 month starter kit, 4000 point card, 12 month Live card and 3 month Live card. Of course, they're OoS on the 4k and 12 month cards.

I couldn't find a listing for PSN cards on the website and sadly I won't be able to check out in-store until tomorrow (hoping to get Ratchet & Clank: All-4-One).

I was curious if someone tried in-store. If not, I may make a trip this week sometime.

#690 Scoot95

Scoot95

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:42 PM

Not holding up much hope of an Amazon.com pricematch. Here is my email to them:

As I am sure you are aware, Toys R Us is now running a promotion of buy any 2 video games, get one free. They have been running this promotion for years and each year, Amazon matched this sale. However, this year I do not see this on your website. Does Amazon have any intentions this year to match this sale? I am a big Amazon.com loyalist so my preference is to place my order with you instead of going to Toys R Us.

And here is their reply:

We understand that you'd like to know if we run the promotion like Toys R Us is offering.
While we're planning a variety of special discounts and other promotional offers, I'm unable to share these details.
I encourage you to check back on our website in the next few weeks. Any special offers will be advertised throughout our website.
If you need help with a different issue, please write back to us.

Then again, this looks like a canned response, but I guess this combined with the fact that the sale would be active now on Amazon, it doesn't look too good.