Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/16/11 to 10/22/11) Toys R Us Buy 2, Get 1 Free

• Please log in to reply
901 replies to this topic

#721 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:22 PM

Finally matched this at Best Buy (3rd attempt 3rd location).

Took 45 minutes, LITERALLY.

The girl at the register sent me to customer service, from there the other lady said they don't do promos just price match. One of the managers was behind her so I asked her if she could ask him. He said we can do it for me 1-time only (aww that was supposed to make me feel special).

The girl then looked up all the 3 games I wanted to buy. And one of the games was OOS at TRU.com so she said she couldn't do the price match.

I went back and got a different game, which was in stock at TRU.com. The same girl then started telling me they couldn't do it since this was online only. I had the phone number of a TRU store just a couple miles away, and asked her if she could call to confirm.

She then called TRU which put her on hold for like 10 minutes, but finally confirmed the B2G1F... finally right?

Well I had a $10 reward certificate I wanted to use (which was the reason for me doing this price matching in the first place), but the lady wouldn't let me use it saying I could only get either or. Didn't want to waste anymore time so I just got the B2G1F without applying my $10 RC.

If I knew I couldn't use my $10 RC I would've just drove the extra mile and just gotten them thru TRU.

What a hassle.

Edited by Jcaugustine, 17 October 2011 - 10:12 PM.

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#722 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:30 PM

Well I had a $10 reward certificate I wanted to use, and she wouldn't let me use it saying I could only get either or. Didn't want to waste anymore time so I just got the B2G1F without applying my $10 RC.

If I knew I couldn't use my $10 RC I would've just drove the extra mile and just gotten them thru TRU.

They shouldn't be denying the use of RZ coupons on anything since they are used like cash.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#723 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:45 PM

They shouldn't be denying the use of RZ coupons on anything since they are used like cash.

this ^^^
http://www.forums.be...p/344700#M56795

#724 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:12 PM

That's what I thought.

this ^^^
http://www.forums.be...p/344700#M56795

Good job for getting that out there Enuf.
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#725 cheaphuck

cheaphuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:46 PM

Whats up with Arkham City not giving me free shipping though it lists pre-sells as having free shipping? Do I have to call?

Also signed up for shoprunner only to see it does not work with pre-sells. Fuck.

#726 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:05 PM

Are any of ea sports games stil priced at 40 ?

#727 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:09 PM

negative

#728 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:14 PM

negative

Feck. Thanks. Saved a trip

#729 andycandy

andycandy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:35 PM

i called toysrus and they said they will refund the shipping fee

i ordered the following ps3 games
batman arkham city
ratchet and clank
nba 2k12

total $120

#730 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:02 AM

Does TRU allow Price Matching? I'd like to get Red Dead GOTY PM'd to Best Buy's price.

Thanks!

This is probably a YMMV thing but I was picking up some games yesterday and they didn't have Catherine so I went with RDR GOTY and ironically it rang up as a clearance title even though it was 49.99 So it was only $37.50 even better then Best Buy.

#731 vodkablast

vodkablast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:13 AM

Yesterday I got Skylanders PS3, 3DS and Dead Island. I think I'm going to switch out Dead Island with Rocksmith and then do Dead Island, Ratchet and Clank and Arkham City. I also need the new Layton, maybe I can find some other DS games to go with it.

#732 TheFirst109

TheFirst109

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:22 AM

Couldn't get a PM to tru.com for Just Dance 3 so decided not to bother getting anything else. There really wasn't anything there that caught my eye since I recently got ICO from Best Buy for 15, otherwise I would have gotten that, God of War, and Uncharted combo packs.

#733 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:30 AM

Yesterday I got Skylanders PS3, 3DS and Dead Island. I think I'm going to switch out Dead Island with Rocksmith and then do Dead Island, Ratchet and Clank and Arkham City. I also need the new Layton, maybe I can find some other DS games to go with it.

Isn't Rocksmith an $80 game since it includes the guitar adapter? Not sure that will work.

#734 chadthechosen

chadthechosen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:43 AM

does the buy 2 get one free sale at ToysRUS also apply to xbox 360 1600 pt cards? Not sure if that is considered a game accessory or not. Would be nice to get a free 1600 pts.

#735 Puppet Master

Puppet Master

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:16 AM

does the buy 2 get one free sale at ToysRUS also apply to xbox 360 1600 pt cards? Not sure if that is considered a game accessory or not. Would be nice to get a free 1600 pts.

Someone already said no something about it being counted as a gift card.

#736 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:22 AM

In for Batman:AC, Ratchet and Clank, and Skylanders. Hoping being there at store opening will be good enough, only TRU here within a 40 or so mile radius
Posted ImagePosted Image

#737 jaredhenry13

jaredhenry13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:11 AM

Anybody know if Batman will be available for in store pickup on the website after midnight tonight?

I'd like to guarantee myself a copy of the 3 games I want instead of blindly going to TRU hoping they have them in stock.
Posted Image[IMG]http://exophase.com/gamercards/][IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/144384.png[/IMG]

#738 Boty_27

Boty_27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:48 AM

Batman Arkham City CE Available for store pick up on bestbuy.com

#739 iggypop123

iggypop123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:08 AM

Anybody know if Batman will be available for in store pickup on the website after midnight tonight?

I'd like to guarantee myself a copy of the 3 games I want instead of blindly going to TRU hoping they have them in stock.

same dilema. luckily for me my tru is 10 feet away from best buy.

#740 jaredhenry13

jaredhenry13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:16 AM

same dilema. luckily for me my tru is 10 feet away from best buy.

Is that Lexi Belle in your avatar :P
Posted Image[IMG]http://exophase.com/gamercards/][IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/144384.png[/IMG]

#741 iggypop123

iggypop123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:33 AM

Is that Lexi Belle in your avatar :P

son that would be correct. it brings a smile to my face that every time somebody has asked about the avatar they have been correct.

#742 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:14 AM

Can someone PM me or post the UPC for the Collector's Edition Guide of Arkham City with Batman on it?

Posted Image Posted Image

My 2011 Game of the Year - Batman: Arkham City
My Most Underrated Game of 2011 - Driver: San Francisco

#743 IzzyF3

IzzyF3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:49 AM

Does anyone know if Batman and Ratchet and Clank will be available when TRU opens on the 18th (store holding the games until release date) or if the games are shipping on Tuesday, but won't really be arriving until Wednesday?

I would actually prefer Batman CE with the official PS3 Headset, but I can't think of anything else that is $100 I'd want.

#744 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:56 AM

Does anyone know if Batman and Ratchet and Clank will be available when TRU opens on the 18th (store holding the games until release date) or if the games are shipping on Tuesday, but won't really be arriving until Wednesday?

I would actually prefer Batman CE with the official PS3 Headset, but I can't think of anything else that is $100 I'd want.

They are released the 18th (today); thats not the shipped date
Posted Image

#745 sabin23

sabin23

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:28 AM

why would you get 360 FFXIII if you have a PS3?

Because the PS3 version allegedly bricks the PS3.

There was a class action lawsuit.
I can't substantiate whether FF13 truly bricks the PS3.

However, coincidentally my PS3 suffered the Yellow Ring of Death while playing FF13.
And I'm not even a heavy PS3 user. I've been out of commision for 2-months now, researching whether I should get the bricked system repaired or just buy a new PS3 during Black Friday.

#746 cardsharkrob

cardsharkrob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:02 AM

Question, are the prices they show online the same as in store?

#747 TheLastGunslinger

TheLastGunslinger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:39 PM

Because the PS3 version allegedly bricks the PS3.

There was a class action lawsuit.
I can't substantiate whether FF13 truly bricks the PS3.

However, coincidentally my PS3 suffered the Yellow Ring of Death while playing FF13.
And I'm not even a heavy PS3 user. I've been out of commision for 2-months now, researching whether I should get the bricked system repaired or just buy a new PS3 during Black Friday.

I don't think it actually hurts the PS3, there's just always a natural increase in systems dying around huge game launches because of the increase in people playing said systems. My 60GB PS3 played FFXIII just fine.
[Sig goes here]

#748 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:49 PM

I don't think it actually hurts the PS3, there's just always a natural increase in systems dying around huge game launches because of the increase in people playing said systems. My 60GB PS3 played FFXIII just fine.

Same here.

#749 sabin23

sabin23

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:07 PM

My dead PS3 is the 2008 model.
The 80GB with MG4 packed in, the last PS2 backwards compatible PS3.

Good to hear your PS3 survived. Like I mentioned, I don't believe there is a direct correlation between FF13 and the PS3 dying. But I'm sure it didn't help the PS3 version of FF13 does not have a HDD install, so it was constantly streaming content off the disc and generating a lot of heat.

Whereas the 360, you have the option of installing the 3 discs onto the HDD. One the downside, the graphics and cutscenes probably take a hit because it's not on BluRay like PS3.

But back to the TRU sale, I want to get 2 Star Fox on 3DS but can't figure out a third $40 game to pair with them. Help?

#750 MuckFichigan

MuckFichigan

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:08 PM

Just got back from TRU. I picked up Batman: Arkham City, RDR: GOTY and Dead Rising 2: OTR. I was surprised when I checked out because I also got the free action figure. I thought I read somewhere on here before that if you did the B2G1 deal you weren't eligible for the free action figure, but the cashier gave me it. She actually went into the back and got a figure without me saying anything. I was surprised.