Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/16/11 to 10/22/11) Toys R Us Buy 2, Get 1 Free

• Please log in to reply
901 replies to this topic

#781 rerun

rerun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:55 PM

Two Arkham Citys and Gears 3 plus the Batman figure from Toys R Us = SWEETNESS!!!!

#782 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:57 PM

My TRU had plenty of everything in stock including Dark Souls. I used the sale to buy trade in fodder for BB instead though. Got a manager at BB to match the sale although it took an hour as all the managers argued over it.

#783 scraggly

scraggly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:11 PM

My TRU didn't have Dead Island (from what I hear, it's a bit difficult to find now?), but I did get Arkham City, Rage and Gears 3. Not a bad price, $40 a pop for games that haven't been out very long at all, or in the case of Arkham City, literally came out today. Oh yeah, didn't get the action figure either. Didn't ask, didn't care. I also signed up for their rewards membership... I guess I've earned $12 in rewards coupons already. Not that I really shop at TRU very often, but what the hell..

#784 tiffany360

tiffany360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:11 PM

Got Arkham City(with a figure), Forza 4, and NBA 2k12. Was amazed that they had a good selection. Wish they had the Forza Limited Edition though.

Edited by tiffany360, 18 October 2011 - 11:27 PM.

#785 JustGotOWND

JustGotOWND

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:17 PM

Picked up Arkham City [no more figures], Rage, and Just Dance 3 [as a placeholder for Dance Central 2 week].

Was completely oblivious to Just Dance 3 being discounted to $34.99 though, so I'll be heading back to get something else. Also read reviews on Rage and came to the conclusion that it's not for me. Will probably get something else as a placeholder until Uncharted 3.

There aren't that many AAA titles during this sale that a lot of us don't already have.

#786 JustGotOWND

JustGotOWND

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:38 PM

(And he said they should have their own B2G1Free soon.)

If true, I'm hoping this kicks in during the week of 11/15.

- Saints Row: The Third
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
- Need For Speed: The Run

For my nephews/nieces:
- uDraw on 360/PS3
- Kinect Disneyland Adventures

#787 grifta67

grifta67

:: kermit flail ::

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:40 PM

Ya know, it would help a lot if everyone commenting on the stock at their stores would mention what city they're talking about.

In fact, now would be a great time to go into your profile and add it there, so it automatically shows up under your avatar!

-Sean

#788 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:59 PM

Ya know, it would help a lot if everyone commenting on the stock at their stores would mention what city they're talking about.

In fact, now would be a great time to go into your profile and add it there, so it automatically shows up under your avatar!

-Sean

That's ok, I would rather not help local hoarders out telling them the places to go and find deals when I post here and in the Thrift Store and Pawn Shop threads

#789 DavidDayton

DavidDayton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:04 AM

Bah... is there ANY trick to getting around shipping?

I'm trying to get 3 DS games

* 1 is listed as good for in store pickup - and a local store has it
* 1 is listed as "shipped only" -- and shipping is $2.99.
* 1 is listed as "in store pickup" - but not listed in any store within 20 miles. However, a local store DOES have it in stock -- it just isn't appearing in the TRU online system.

I've tried calling TRU but they've offered me no help - just stating that they can't do anything if the item isn't appearing on their system.

Anyone have a clever way around this problem?

#790 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:08 AM

For those that were looking to get the new Professor Layton at TRU with the B2G1, stores should be receiving them by the end of the week.

#791 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:29 AM

Damn don't these stores have $40 games anymore? TrU was a little thin on stock so I checked BB to see if it's worth asking if they'd match. Browsing the racks they want $60 for everything, that's why I hate that store. So here's hoping 'Zon will match, otherwise I'll have to wait for standard price drops. I mean it's no surprise the new releases are full price, but stuff that's a couple months old and already marked down to $40-ish on 'Zon is full price in stores.

depends on what system PS3 has tons of $40 MSRP all their exclusives 2 pks(UC, Resistance, GOW :O, IcO/SOTC, PoP coll, Splinter cell coll, TR Coll), GT5, Socom 4, KZ3 & LBP2. SSFIV AE, Alice & portal 2.

#792 IronZombie

IronZombie

Time to Feed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:19 AM

I hope Best Buy gets this next month.

Saints Row The Third
Modern Warfare 3
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

*drools* that'd be pretty sweet. I've got some credit from them I haven't used so it'd be a good opportunity to get a free game.

#793 rebonack

rebonack

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:44 AM

For those that were looking to get the new Professor Layton at TRU with the B2G1, stores should be receiving them by the end of the week.

Stores havent been getting it? I picked it up today with Aliens: Infestation and Batman.

#794 tahoesnowboarder

tahoesnowboarder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:30 AM

was going to pick up 3 batman ac today once i found out that the deal also works for the b2g1 free deal also the 1970's figures work too. found out i didn't have enough going back on thrusday to try for it again. the deal does work for those who have the chance to get it!

#795 Mathematik

Mathematik

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:05 AM

I picked up Batman, Gears and PES 12, plus the woman told me about the free Batman toy also so it was all good. I did it smart this time since I got burnt last yr with this deal. I told them to ring up PES 12 first since that might be the game I take back for Fifa I don't know. The TRU in Atlanta would not take back the free game last yr so I told them to ring up PES first. Batman was the free game since I know I am not taking that back.

#796 biggie2123

biggie2123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:40 AM

The receipt also says "refund price $39.99"

How can they think that is a good idea? If someone wanted to, they could buy 3 copies of the same game (for example, three $60 games) which should ring up as 120. Then return two of them and you are left with a $60 game that cost you $40. Batman AC for $40 would be a great deal.

Sure it is not free like people were doing at best buy but now you got a 33% discount on one game.

#797 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:35 AM

How can they think that is a good idea? If someone wanted to, they could buy 3 copies of the same game (for example, three $60 games) which should ring up as 120. Then return two of them and you are left with a $60 game that cost you $40. Batman AC for $40 would be a great deal.

Sure it is not free like people were doing at best buy but now you got a 33% discount on one game.

Well the free game doesn't list a refund price. I'm not sure you can return just 2 for a refund, I think you have to return all 3.

#798 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:43 AM

Got BB to PM B2G1 free. They kinda owned me one. Grabbed two Batmans and Black Ops for a friend.

#799 grifta67

grifta67

:: kermit flail ::

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:57 AM

Only 3 left for Xbox, none for ps3 at TRU in San Mateo, CA; Hayward on the other hand had plenty of both 360 and ps3 copies. No issues on getting the 1970s figure while using the B2G1, they just looked up the ad and started scanning. I think I got the last figure in Hayward though, unless they have more in the back.

#800 cardsharkrob

cardsharkrob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:36 AM

cant decide if I should buy Batman or not. I never played the first game so I am not sure.

I am going tomorrow and picking up Ratchet, Sims Pets and professor layton though

#801 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:42 AM

cant decide if I should buy Batman or not. I never played the first game so I am not sure.

I am going tomorrow and picking up Ratchet, Sims Pets and professor layton though

Get the first one with it at Walmart for free. These games are soooooo good, you owe it to yourself! :D

#802 TheLastGunslinger

TheLastGunslinger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:59 PM

Stores havent been getting it? I picked it up today with Aliens: Infestation and Batman.

I've noticed that a couple of stores around me still haven't gotten their copies. Heck, I pre-ordered on Amazon a month ago and they just informed me I won't get my copy until October 31st now.
[Sig goes here]

#803 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:00 PM

Got Arkham City (PS3) at Best Buy today. For those that asked, yes, the Robin voucher is inside the case. I asked the employee at the register in the video game section about the Batman: Under the Red Hood movie mentioned in the online ad, but he had no idea what I was talking about. :roll:

I forgot about Under the Red Hood until later at night, then realized it was not included. I posted a message on the BB forums to see how to go about getting this. Someone replied saying the code was on a sticker on the celophane, but the only sticker mine had was the Robin DLC sticker. I will call my BB later if the BB forum mods can't help. But based on your reply, I feel I will have issues. The movie is streaming on Netflix, but I feel it's my duty to get the download code since it was advertised. ;)

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#804 cheaphuck

cheaphuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:36 PM

Is it normal for TRU not to update shipping right away? Ordered like two days ago and nothing as shipped, not even my 2-day shoprunner shipped items..

#805 rebonack

rebonack

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:42 PM

I've noticed that a couple of stores around me still haven't gotten their copies. Heck, I pre-ordered on Amazon a month ago and they just informed me I won't get my copy until October 31st now.

Huh, that's weird. I'd heard of some people having issues getting it, but that was Monday, and I figured it was a release date/ship date thing (where the release date is Monday, but stores don't have it until Tuesday).

At least it's good to hear most stores should get it while the sale's still on.

#806 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:48 PM

Seems like no chance of Amazon matching the B2G1 sale... :(

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

I entered her with almost no resistance. 

#807 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:03 PM

With regard to the TRU sale:

People have said that they will/must price match their website (as of a few months ago). Will the price match and still give you the B2G1 or is that double dipping?

#808 cardsharkrob

cardsharkrob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:32 PM

Well I just got back from TRU and here is what I picked up:
Ratchet and Clank All 4 One
Sims 3 Pets
Professor Layton and Last Spector
Batman Arkham City
Rage
Gears of War 3

Only 1 game is for me, rest are presents for christmas since I do all my shopping early to avoid big crowds

#809 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:36 PM

I forgot about Under the Red Hood until later at night, then realized it was not included. I posted a message on the BB forums to see how to go about getting this. Someone replied saying the code was on a sticker on the celophane, but the only sticker mine had was the Robin DLC sticker. I will call my BB later if the BB forum mods can't help. But based on your reply, I feel I will have issues. The movie is streaming on Netflix, but I feel it's my duty to get the download code since it was advertised. ;)

So I called my Best Buy to see if I could come in a get a code for the animated movie and they had no idea what I was talking about. They told me to call the 800 #. I did, and it took them a few minutes to figure out what I was talking about, but figured it out and emailed me a code. Just an FYI if anyone does want that and bought it at Best Buy.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#810 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:43 PM

Best Buy in Mall of America will pricematch this. Walked out with 2x Batman, and Dead Island.
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65