Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/16/11 to 10/22/11) Toys R Us Buy 2, Get 1 Free

• Please log in to reply
901 replies to this topic

#811 Keen314

Keen314

CAGsiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:42 PM

For those that were looking to get the new Professor Layton at TRU with the B2G1, stores should be receiving them by the end of the week.

The Minnetonka store here had it in stock last night. I grabbed 2 of those and 1 of the recent Kirby DS game for my 3. My brother gets the extra Layton.

Edited by Keen314, 19 October 2011 - 07:06 PM.

#812 Whipt

Whipt

Do I have some on my face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:21 PM

Best Buy in Mall of America will pricematch this. Walked out with 2x Batman, and Dead Island.

The one at Northtown (Fridley/Anoka) however will not.

#813 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

Just asked the guy at the CS counter, and he went to go check. Lady came up and asked if I was buying and I told her I was pming TRU, and she immediately knew about the B2G1. Went extremely easily! I'd try today, as the same people should be working there.
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#814 sharingan501

sharingan501

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:26 PM

Are there any bestbuy in NY that will price match the toysrus b2g1

#815 Krate

Krate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:33 PM

So I called my Best Buy to see if I could come in a get a code for the animated movie and they had no idea what I was talking about. They told me to call the 800 #. I did, and it took them a few minutes to figure out what I was talking about, but figured it out and emailed me a code. Just an FYI if anyone does want that and bought it at Best Buy.

Thanks for the tip!! Called the number and got the code via email. The lady I talked to said she was dealing with calls about codes all day, but I don't know if it was for this or not.

#816 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

I got all 3 ps3 games from TRU. Batman: Arkham city with Batman toy, Deus Ex, and Rage: Arnachy Edition.

#817 Whipt

Whipt

Do I have some on my face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:29 PM

Just asked the guy at the CS counter, and he went to go check. Lady came up and asked if I was buying and I told her I was pming TRU, and she immediately knew about the B2G1. Went extremely easily! I'd try today, as the same people should be working there.

I went last night to the CS desk and they talked to the manager and they came out and told me they don't match deals, only prices and that TRU didn't count as a competitor :)

It was no problem though, I put the trade in credit I had on a visa gift card and went over to TRU and got the games I wanted. They were OOS of Dark Souls 360 at BB anyway but TRU had it so I feel like I got a good deal all around.

#818 Bioterror

Bioterror

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:07 PM

I went last night to the CS desk and they talked to the manager and they came out and told me they don't match deals, only prices and that TRU didn't count as a competitor :)

It was no problem though, I put the trade in credit I had on a visa gift card and went over to TRU and got the games I wanted. They were OOS of Dark Souls 360 at BB anyway but TRU had it so I feel like I got a good deal all around.

Can you use rewards one certificates on visa gift cards?

#819 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:09 PM

Sorry to hear that.

#820 jeebert

jeebert

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:30 PM

That ones on my way home from work. Heading there now! Thanks!
Now playing poorly:
:360: Just Cause 2
:wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn
:ds: Golden Sun 2

#821 dskillzhtown

dskillzhtown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:36 PM

I picked up -

360 Batman Arkham City
PS3 Batman Arkham City
360 Rage

The PS3 version is for my brother's b-day so this came along just in time.

#822 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:59 PM

That ones on my way home from work. Heading there now! Thanks!

Glad to help! Hope it works for you!

#823 XxLady_AthenaxX

XxLady_AthenaxX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:25 AM

The answer is probably pretty obvious, but I just wanted to double-check before making the long drive: For the TRU B2G1 deal, is it just for games, or do game accessories (I assume that's what they're considered) like Microsoft Points cards count?

I need to be sure, because I DL'ed the trial for Dungeon Defenders and that game is too much fun. I really only need one MSP card to purchase it, but if I can get 3 for the price of 2, I'm all over it. Thanks in advance ^^
Show me a bored mind and I'll show you a mind that lacks innovation.

#824 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:42 AM

The answer is probably pretty obvious, but I just wanted to double-check before making the long drive: For the TRU B2G1 deal, is it just for games, or do game accessories (I assume that's what they're considered) like Microsoft Points cards count?

I need to be sure, because I DL'ed the trial for Dungeon Defenders and that game is too much fun. I really only need one MSP card to purchase it, but if I can get 3 for the price of 2, I'm all over it. Thanks in advance ^^

it's a no. the only ones that would count would be the blister pack ones that they don't carry anymore. you could get lucky and they have some but you have got to be very lucky lol

and snagged myself:
Okimiden
Kirby Mass Attack
Ghost Trick

sucks they didn't have last Spectre but whatevs

#825 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:04 AM

cant decide if I should buy Batman or not. I never played the first game so I am not sure.

YES!!!! It's the game that changed the superhero genre & it's well worth it.

Oh, PS3 of course. There's only a few more Wii titles I plan to get and one or two haven't released. 3DS is the new thing. Huh, well, I have everything on that list except Splinter Cell, SF4, and Alice. Got the rest during other sales. I was hoping to find stuff like Deus Ex, Shadows of the Damned, El Shaddai, Child of Eden, No More Heroes, and Motorstorm Apocalypse. They're all in the $40 range at 'Zon but $60 at any store despite not being really new. I also want a lot of the newest stuff but even with the sale it's a bit too much to pay for Batman, R&C, Resistance 3, Dark Souls, Catherine, and Rage. I'm trying not to pay much more than $30 for games until I clear more off the backlog. I guess it sucks having to pass on the sale after waiting for it the last 2 months.

Deus Ex has been cheaper $35 too many times at this point just wait till BF, SOTD is also a wait game $25-$30 in no time, El Shaddia, Child of Eden & No More Heroes are games that haven't sold a ton so these also will sizable drops.

If your gonna purchase like 6 games you can usually get the match b/c they won't want to lose that many sales.

#826 ShadowSx

ShadowSx

Why so serious?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:08 AM

I called my local best-buy and they said they would PM the B2G1 from tru if they (tru) had the games in stock, but I honestly don't know of a TRU around here, the only one I know of closed down several years ago.

Was thinking of getting arkham, gears 3 and dark souls.

Tried to do it online because it would be only a few bucks more and I get the action figure but every time I put the items in the cart it counts the figure as my free item even though it is already free from buying arkham.

#827 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:00 AM

batman DLC issues
http://www.joystiq.c...-5-step-proces/

#828 JokerCard

JokerCard

Go,go Gadget Cheapskates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:00 AM

Anyone able to grab 3 copies of arkham in store and also get 3 free figures?
Check out my new blog at
http://timescoop.blogspot.com/

#829 Owen

Owen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:10 AM

My store only allowed me 1 figure (I got 2 copies of the game) as they said it was 1 per customer. I tried another TRU and they told me the same thing. But if you have not gotten it yet, it's doubtful you will find a store that still has the figures to hand out as they did not get that many in to give out with the game.

#830 JokerCard

JokerCard

Go,go Gadget Cheapskates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:13 AM

Alright cool. Thanks. Was going to grab 3 copies of the game and split the costs with my friends.
Check out my new blog at
http://timescoop.blogspot.com/

#831 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:21 AM

I thought the figure was only a Tuesday thing?

#832 Owen

Owen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:23 AM

I forgot to mention I picked mine up on Tuesday morning when they opened and that store had about 12-15 of the figures and just in the first 10 minutes they sold like 4 copies, so 4 figures were gone like that. The second store I went to around 12pm on Tuesday and they only had 2 figures left so that is why you may have trouble finding a figure still unless you live in a small town with a TRU that is not too busy.

#833 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:24 AM

I thought the figure was only a Tuesday thing?

Mine said it was while supplies last but were giving it out for each copy sold. I bought 2 and got 2 figurines.

#834 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:58 AM

Got denied at 2 BBs on the b2g1, but one honored it. They had to check and see if Tru had arkham city in stock before honoring it though. That's when I thought it would fall through since the TRU near me doesn't stock the CE of Arkham City. Luckily when the CS person asked if they had it in stock they only said Arkham City not the collectors edition. So I got the CE, a standard copy and rage.

Got denied at Frys though even though the person I asked on the phone said they would honor it.

#835 BLAZETIGER

BLAZETIGER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:25 AM

I didn't try for 3, but did get 2 Arkham city games and 2 figures. The sales rep said they still had 4 cases left of figures at my local store. The day before I was told that I could only get one.

#836 guitarguy

guitarguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:47 PM

has anyone been able to get free shipping online?

#837 AdamTen

AdamTen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:06 PM

Hit TRU and grabbed Bulletstorm, Shift 2, Yoshi's Island DS, DQMJoker 2, Layton Last Spectre, Diddy Kong Racing. Bummed they didn't have Kirby Mass Attack.

#838 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:15 PM

Can I exchange any of one the 3 games for another game? I just bought a used one from Amazon Warehouse Deal slightly cheaper than that.

#839 Owen

Owen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:19 PM

Can I exchange any of one the 3 games for another game? I just bought a used one from Amazon Warehouse Deal slightly cheaper than that.

As long as it is not the free one you should have no problems with your original receipt. As far as exchanging it next week for Battlefield 3, etc. no one knows yet as they changed the gift receipts this time around so it shows your whole purchase instead of being individual receipts for each game showing you paid $60 instead of being part of this deal. If it is the free game, you will probably have to bring all 3 in and do a return and rebuy by Saturday.

#840 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:22 PM

Wow I checked my receipt, Batman: Arkham City was free the other 2 isn't. :D