Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/16/11 to 10/22/11) Toys R Us Buy 2, Get 1 Free

• Please log in to reply
901 replies to this topic

#841 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:24 PM

What about if I wanted to exchange Batman AC? It came with the figurine but I gave that to my little cousin already. Will they say I can't exchange it for another game because I'm not bringing the figurine back as well?

#842 Owen

Owen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:31 PM

What about if I wanted to exchange Batman AC? It came with the figurine but I gave that to my little cousin already. Will they say I can't exchange it for another game because I'm not bringing the figurine back as well?

Depends how smart the worker is but usually they like to get those items back since it is kind of a package deal with the game, that is why they scanned the figure after the game. So you return one, you have to return the other.

#843 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:32 PM

The figurine isn't on the receipt, strange. I can't find it there but I do have the batman figurine.

#844 Owen

Owen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:34 PM

Mine lists it last as Batman Figure promo $15-$15=$0. Maybe you got lucky and your worker did not scan the figure.

#845 Techman16

Techman16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:05 PM

for the tru b2g1 deal, can i get 2 2000 wii point cards and a classic controller for $40 then?

#846 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:18 PM

for the tru b2g1 deal, can i get 2 2000 wii point cards and a classic controller for $40 then?

if you can find them in the blisther packs since the cards alone arent considered accessories anymore and they are now considered time cards or gift cards.

#847 LouTenit Dan

LouTenit Dan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:19 PM

I called my local best-buy and they said they would PM the B2G1 from tru if they (tru) had the games in stock, but I honestly don't know of a TRU around here, the only one I know of closed down several years ago.

Was thinking of getting arkham, gears 3 and dark souls.

Tried to do it online because it would be only a few bucks more and I get the action figure but every time I put the items in the cart it counts the figure as my free item even though it is already free from buying arkham.

Just delete the figure from your cart and you'll be fine. Happened to me too and I was wondering why I wasn't gettin the discount.

#848 JazzFlight

JazzFlight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:56 PM

The only way I'd buy 3 games in this deal would be online with free shipping.
Has anyone figured out some sort of workaround, coupon, or other way to get free shipping from this or is it still a lost cause?

I want to save a trip and their online stock estimator says that Dark Souls is sold out in the physical stores around me, so I'd much prefer just buying online.

#849 y0shelite

y0shelite

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:33 PM

The only way I'd buy 3 games in this deal would be online with free shipping.
Has anyone figured out some sort of workaround, coupon, or other way to get free shipping from this or is it still a lost cause?

I want to save a trip and their online stock estimator says that Dark Souls is sold out in the physical stores around me, so I'd much prefer just buying online.

yeah, between charging shipping and sales tax it almost defeats the purpose.

i have the same problem as the toys r us' in miami absolutely SUCK. they don't have anything and are horribly managed. i wanted madden 12, gears 3 and dark souls but gears isnt available for store pick up and dark souls isn't even in stock

you can do the free trial for shoprunner (kinda like amazon prime except it's for a huge amount of other retailers) for 30 days and then just make sure you cancel. you'll get free 2 day shipping.

#850 y0shelite

y0shelite

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:00 PM

wow...talk about annoying.

For some reason Dark Souls isn't shoprunner eligible so i'd get two of the games shipped free two day, and dark souls i'd have to be charged for shipping. defeats the purpose.

this toys r us sale is becoming more of a headache than anything.

no PS3 versions of dark souls anywhere in stock. only 360...i have a 360 also but i imagine the ps3 version is better

#851 ShadowSx

ShadowSx

Why so serious?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:05 PM

My TRU didn't have any selection at all..

Picked up Arkham, Gears 3, and Resistance 3.

Was hoping to get dark souls instead of Res. 3 but they were sold out.

#852 Saablic

Saablic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:43 PM

Just a warning to anyone getting in on this deal and having it shipped to you. They canceled my third game (the one marked free) without any notification and I just got the other two. So I paid for two full priced games. I will not be doing any more business of that sort with them again.

#853 Bioterror

Bioterror

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:52 PM

Picked up 2 copies of batman and dead island, just got one action figure.

#854 metrostar

metrostar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:59 PM

I am impressed with TRU's shipping today. My order were shipped out on 10/18 and arrived today already. I guess they are starting to use UPS Ground/Basic, usually it will takes at least 5 days with UPS Mail service.

But it's kinda weird that 2 games from this order were used in 2 separated UPS Basic shipment and transferred to USPS for delivery (will be arrived tomorrow) and one item was used in UPS Ground (arrived today). Not sure how they save money in this way instead of just sending everything in one big package with UPS Ground.

Meanwhile, I figure out the TRU store pickup is completely useless. It kept showing in stock when I actually went to the stores and saw it was out of stock.

#855 Chixdiggit

Chixdiggit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:55 AM

So do they have the 360 speed wheel at TRU? Does not show up on website.

#856 JokerCard

JokerCard

Go,go Gadget Cheapskates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:18 AM

Tru was out of arkham city for all systems. They had figures though and I asked if I bought 3 games would I get 3 figures and the guy said yup.

#857 lakers2008

lakers2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:38 AM

got 2 copies of Batman and 1 GOW 3. Got 2 action figures. Plus, one gift receipt? What are my chances of using the gift receipt to return 1 game and get another one in a few weeks. Both games scan as 59.99 and doesnt show anything about 39.99 refund
http://www.points2sh...?ref=lakers2008

Earn Cash, Win Call of Duty, Halo, NBA, NFL and every other game for Free. Yes, Free Check it out and see. It truly is free.

#858 Drkr_Zen

Drkr_Zen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:43 AM

Thanks to the original poster of this deal last week! Never would have known about this if I didn't check here... ended up getting R&C:A4O, Batman: Arkham City and RAGE, plus a free Batman figure which, in turn, saved me from using my B2G1 free GameStop coupon. Once I get Uncharted 3, I'm set through the end o' 2011.

#859 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:06 AM

Is is okay to exchange one of these 2 non-free game + $3.33 upgrade towards Skyward Sword Bundle?

#860 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:12 AM

Is is okay to exchange one of these 2 non-free game + $3.33 upgrade towards Skyward Sword Bundle?

I'm pretty sure prim4444 said placeholders are no longer possible.

#861 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:54 AM

I'm gonna try to exchange one of my Batman's tomorrow.

#862 chernobog

chernobog

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:33 AM

Picked up Arkham, Rage & Dead Island. I'm good for awhile!

#863 tsoul

tsoul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:33 AM

used TRU deal earlier this week to get Arkham, Dark Souls, and Catherine. too bad cant get the free batman action figure with the deal

#864 Cuz 55

Cuz 55

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:37 PM

TRU was out Batman all week. Not getting anymore until after sale. Bestbuy refuses price match. The TRU shipping makes that not worth it. Now what? Anyone got a free shipping from TRU?

#865 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:41 PM

I'm tempted to go back and buy 2 AC's and something else and sell the Batman games just because it'd net me a $60 game for 20-30 bucks. But I already picked up AC, Dark Souls, and Sims 3 pets for my girl this week. LOVING Arkham right now and haven't even opened DS yet, then BF3 comes out next week. No way I'd play anything else right now and it'd sit on my shelves and be the same price on BF.

#866 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:01 PM

I'm tempted to go back and buy 2 AC's and something else and sell the Batman games just because it'd net me a $60 game for 20-30 bucks. But I already picked up AC, Dark Souls, and Sims 3 pets for my girl this week. LOVING Arkham right now and haven't even opened DS yet, then BF3 comes out next week. No way I'd play anything else right now and it'd sit on my shelves and be the same price on BF.

I grabbed 2 ACs cause the Robin code sells for $20-25. You could even sell the Catwoman code for a couple bucks. The game trades in for 25 plus 60% which is $40 or what u paid for it. Selling my second copy to a friend for $40 and he said I could keep his Robin code.

Also love Arkham City.

#867 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:44 PM

My store sucks, they wouldn't let me exchange one of the games unless I paid $20 because they said it's only $39.99 and the one I wanted to exchange it with was $59.99. I'm gonna try again tomorrow in hopes I just got an idiot employee because it makes no sense that I can't do a straight exchange.

#868 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:04 PM

My store sucks, they wouldn't let me exchange one of the games unless I paid $20 because they said it's only $39.99 and the one I wanted to exchange it with was $59.99. I'm gonna try again tomorrow in hopes I just got an idiot employee because it makes no sense that I can't do a straight exchange.

It's as if Primm's prophecy came true....You will likely have to return all three games and then repurchase them before end of day on Saturday if you want to get an exchange. Good to know that Toys R Us is actually cracking down on people abusing the system.

#869 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:04 PM

Yeah... this was covered already. you can't exchange one game.

#870 Whipt

Whipt

Do I have some on my face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:28 PM

Can you use rewards one certificates on visa gift cards?

I don't believe so. I used a gift card from trade-in credit and not a certificate.