Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/16/11 to 10/22/11) Toys R Us Buy 2, Get 1 Free

• Please log in to reply
901 replies to this topic

#61 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:57 PM

Time for the CAG drinking game: one shot every time someone types "placeholder."

The placeholder option is dead this year. It will not be allowed

#62 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:57 PM

What do you mean by placeholder?

#63 247

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:00 AM

What are you talking about $30 for Batman? It is only a $30 coupon for your next gaming purchase. You will still have to fork over $60+tax cash to get Batman and then the $30 coupon. In essence, it's two games for $45 each. I could see why people would want to go for the B2G1 deal because that's only $40 per game.

What are you talking about $40 a game? More like $40 + tax. The only reason I could see people getting on this deal is for games that are already out. But still most games that are getting released around October and September have a good chance of being on sale on Black Friday for around $35.

#64 marineal

marineal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:02 AM

Yeah. Since 2007 i haven't bought $60 nor $50 dollar games. However, there's plenty of $20 dollar games i could mix and match. Can't wait for Amazon to price match this insane deal.

#65 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:04 AM

I'm not a BestBuy expert but I don't think they ever price match deals, but only prices. I might be wrong though. Seems like they might because many people are counting on it. and for Amazon also.

YMMV but some people were able to match this last year.

On Sunday I'm looking topick up Rage, Dark Souls and Resistance 3

How do you know?

Everyone keeps hoping for Dark Souls. I see it on the online store, but has anyone seen Dark Souls at their local Toys R Us stores?

thats bc TRU does sell Dark Souls
Posted Image

#66 VaRIABLE SoUL

VaRIABLE SoUL

I Live in Rapture

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:05 AM

What do you mean by placeholder?

LOL time to take some shots.

And then pick up The Bat and 2 copies of Dead Island for some co-op fun with my brother.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#67 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:05 AM

I don't think they'll release batman to their bm store during the week. Whenever tru had this promo, they usually held the games releasing on the same week

#68 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:08 AM

LOL time to take some shots.

And then pick up The Bat and 2 copies of Dead Island for some co-op fun with my brother.

I'm glad when people get my bad humor instead of trying to explain what a placeholder is.

#69 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:11 AM

I don't think they'll release batman to their bm store during the week. Whenever tru had this promo, they usually held the games releasing on the same week

Batman will release next week. It's in the ad with it's own deal(free figure w/purchase).

#70 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

that must just be your location. I never had an issue getting new games in the past
Posted Image

#71 Cacho

Cacho

Rolling Stone

• CAGiversary!

Are PC games included in the deal?

#72 knight613

knight613

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:20 AM

I think I'd rather wait for Best Buy to have their yearly Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale since as long as it isn't next week, they'll have more games to offer that I'd want.

#73 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:20 AM

No pre-orders anymore? Dammit <_<, now im gonna have to skip class to be able to be there at opening.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#74 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:27 AM

How do you know?

New register program.

It will take the value of the free game and factor it into the return price of the two games you pay for.

If all your games are $60, your receipt will look something like this. The refund price may be a few dollars more. I'm not sure about the exact percentage of the free game will be deducted, I know it's between 75% - 100%, but you will get an idea.

Game 1 $59.99
(refund price $29.99)

Game 2 $59.99
(refund price $29.99)

Game 3 $0.00

If you try to return game 1 or 2 after the sale is over, you will only get credit for the refund price, not the whole value of the game.

If you want your money back after the sale, you will need to return ALL 3 games to get back exactly what you paid.

#75 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:31 AM

Also, im pretty sure most Best Buy's wont match this. Everytime i tried, they always said it was bundling.

I wouldnt be surprised if Best Buy ended up doing thier B2G1 shortly anyway
Posted ImagePosted Image

#76 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:36 AM

New register program.

It will take the value of the free game and factor it into the return price of the two games you pay for.

If all your games are $60, your receipt will look something like this. The refund price may be a few dollars more. I'm not sure about the exact percentage of the free game will be deducted, I know it's between 75% - 100%, but you will get an idea.

Game 1 $59.99
(refund price $29.99)

Game 2 $59.99
(refund price $29.99)

Game 3 $0.00

If you try to return game 1 or 2 after the sale is over, you will only get credit for the refund price, not the whole value of the game.

If you want your money back after the sale, you will need to return ALL 3 games to get back exactly what you paid.

Thanks thats good to know
Posted Image

#77 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:36 AM

New register program.

Game 1 $59.99
(refund price $29.99)

Game 2 $59.99
(refund price $29.99)

Game 3 $0.00

Good to prevent fraud, but sucks for those giving/receiving as gifts.

#78 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:37 AM

Is there a link? Cause I'm not seeing it on TRU's website.

#79 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:39 AM

New register program.

Game 1 $59.99
(refund price $29.99)

Game 2 $59.99
(refund price $29.99)

Game 3 $0.00

Mine wouldn't refund me at all for deals like this or Buy 2 for $50.

#80 MillionBlades

MillionBlades

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:39 AM

I must resist.... will get Dead Island, Rage & Batman 2 when they hit $20 or less.... already got Gears of War 3 & Dark SOuls, pre-ordered Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3 and COD:MW3... And bought a bunch of games from gamefly that I haven't even touched yet:-#

#81 Wavedash007

Wavedash007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:47 AM

Cant believe nobody figured out BB already matched this. Got the email earlier from them saying "Pre-order Batman: Arkham City; buy 2 games, get 1 free". Basically the same thing considering you can just cancel the pre-order.

#82 Lightning War

Lightning War

Baller on a Budget

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:51 AM

Cant believe nobody figured out BB already matched this. Got the email earlier from them saying "Pre-order Batman: Arkham City; buy 2 games, get 1 free". Basically the same thing considering you can just cancel the pre-order.

It's not pre-order Batman: Arkham City and get to be able to B2G1F. They're completely unrelated- the email title just means "Pre-order Batman: Arkham City or do the B2G1F we're doing" which is on USED games, as it says in the email.

Portal 2 i thought was a shooter

#83 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:51 AM

I never got an email or heard of that
Posted Image

#84 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:55 AM

Hmm. I'll probably have 3 separate transactions. Maybe 4 if i decide to go for some 60 dollar new releases. But I'll get Red dead Redemption Game of the Year, Donkey Kong Country returns, and Mario Galaxy 2. Then I'll get me 3 30 dollar games for 20 bucks each( probably Arkham Asylum and NFS: HP among them) and 3 20 dollar games( probably some Nintendo selects and maybe a PS3 oldie) So that sets me back 200 plus tax. If I get the 3 60 dollar games we're looking at 320 plus tax. I'm actually kinda hoping my Toys R Us doesn't have all the games I want, cause that's the only way I'm saving my cash.

#85 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:57 AM

Heads up... Some games are listed on the TRU mobile site not on the normal one such as fonv ps3 $9.98 and alpha protocol.

Gonna try to pm fonv in store or bb or walmart.

#86 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:05 AM

I want to throw this out there again. It's not only games.

The deal is Buy 2 Get 1 Free on ALL Games, Accessories, Guides and T-shirts.

#87 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:07 AM

Hope my tru have some coj the catel copys left. Might consider doing them a favor and take those copys of that crappy looking game off their hands and then let bestbuy have them instead lol
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#88 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:08 AM

Hmm. I'll probably have 3 separate transactions. Maybe 4 if i decide to go for some 60 dollar new releases. But I'll get Red dead Redemption Game of the Year, Donkey Kong Country returns, and Mario Galaxy 2. Then I'll get me 3 30 dollar games for 20 bucks each( probably Arkham Asylum and NFS: HP among them) and 3 20 dollar games( probably some Nintendo selects and maybe a PS3 oldie) So that sets me back 200 plus tax. If I get the 3 60 dollar games we're looking at 320 plus tax. I'm actually kinda hoping my Toys R Us doesn't have all the games I want, cause that's the only way I'm saving my cash.

Willpower young Jedi. You must learn it if you expect to be anything but constantly broke while on CAG.;)

All games get price drops and clearances(save for first party titles which take forever:roll:), so why buy new at launch?

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#89 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:11 AM

Is Bestbuy really having a b2g1 free sale soon?

id really like to get uncharted 3 or mw3 out of a deal.

#90 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:19 AM

Is Bestbuy really having a b2g1 free sale soon?

id really like to get uncharted 3 or mw3 out of a deal.

They always have in the past. The more I think about it I think they did it the week after TRU last year so hopefully they will wait an extra week or two this time.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.