Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/16/11 to 10/22/11) Toys R Us Buy 2, Get 1 Free

• Please log in to reply
901 replies to this topic

#91 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:19 AM

Willpower young Jedi. You must learn it if you expect to be anything but constantly broke while on CAG.;)

All games get price drops and clearances(save for first party titles which take forever:roll:), so why buy new at launch?

Oh, I almost never do. The only time in the past year+ that i bought a game at launch was LA noire and that's only cause Kmart have you a 20 dollar credit and free 20 dollar game with purchase. Usually my cap for new games is 35 and sometimes 40 if I really want the game. But on BF Walmart usually has all EA titles and a bunch of other new releases for 30 bucks, so I might pass on the new releases till then.

#92 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:27 AM

Oh, I almost never do. The only time in the past year+ that i bought a game at launch was LA noire and that's only cause Kmart have you a 20 dollar credit and free 20 dollar game with purchase. Usually my cap for new games is 35 and sometimes 40 if I really want the game. But on BF Walmart usually has all EA titles and a bunch of other new releases for 30 bucks, so I might pass on the new releases till then.

You missed the glory days of CAG about 4-5 years ago, back when EVERY store was doing really insane clearance prices on stuff and keeping those prices there till the items sold out or they junked out the remaining stock.

I couldn't even tell you all of the games I picked up over the last 5-6 years I've been here for under $10 each. For that price it's nuts not to pick them up, since even if you hate them you could always throw em up on Craigslist for $10 each and get paid for having played a game you disliked.;)

But in the last couple of years TRU started bumping up the prices of their clearance games(:ps3:Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 and :ps3:Uncharted are two examples)back to MSRP after having them for much cheaper for MONTHS and other chains are hit or miss or don't do the clearance pricing like they used to.:roll:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#93 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:34 AM

They always have in the past. The more I think about it I think they did it the week after TRU last year so hopefully they will wait an extra week or two this time.

Thanks. Weird I never remember BB having one, I hope they do wait to November.

#94 DealGod

DealGod

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:40 AM

we still have $50 12month cards at the TRU I work at. And I never understood this or it could just be our system thats messed up but it is considered a videogame or videogame hardware...but anyways 3 of those makes 3 years of gold for like 35 a year(adding in taxes)....maybe less with employee discount

#95 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:48 AM

Wonder if I could score three 30-40 dollar games from TRU. Not sure if they stock No More Heroes for the PS3 but I'd like to grab that, Dead Rising OTR and Captain America. of course, Captain America is already down to about 25 bucks on Amazon, though.

#96 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:56 AM

Hope BB pms this, or has one the week after. Would love to get Dead Island, Batman, and Battlefield!
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#97 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:00 AM

Thanks. Weird I never remember BB having one, I hope they do wait to November.

Last year's sale was on select titles only, not a free for all on anything
Posted Image

#98 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:03 AM

BB had a B2G1 in August.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#99 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:17 AM

BB had a B2G1 in August.

Pretty sure they didn't. i check their ads and sales every week. I remember they had a Buy One get One 50% Off on all games around August

#100 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:24 AM

here's hoping Amazon to PM

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#101 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:25 AM

Pretty sure they didn't. i check their ads and sales every week. I remember they had a Buy One get One 50% Off on all games around August

They definitely did have one earlier this year at some point. I don't remember if they've routinely done two B2G1 sales throughout the year, so that could have been it for the year.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#102 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:26 AM

sorry, i meant to say July. they had one in july

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#103 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:37 AM

I want to throw this out there again. It's not only games.

The deal is Buy 2 Get 1 Free on ALL Games, Accessories, Guides and T-shirts.

Thank you for clearing up how the register looks at it. Hopefully that should cut down on the stupidity with the sale and people trying to pull some fast ones.

Also, I'm guessing PSN/Wii/XBLM cards aren't accessories in this case?

#104 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:40 AM

Think I'm gonna pass. It's coming out during a time before the "big ones" come out (Battlefield 3, MW3, Uncharted 3, Zelda, Assassins Creed). Sure, you get Batman, but then what? All I would be interested in would be Dark Souls. Pass unless I find some good DS games I don't have or maybe I
ll just get some accessories.
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#105 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:41 AM

New register program.

It will take the value of the free game and factor it into the return price of the two games you pay for.

If all your games are $60, your receipt will look something like this. The refund price may be a few dollars more. I'm not sure about the exact percentage of the free game will be deducted, I know it's between 75% - 100%, but you will get an idea.

Game 1 $59.99
(refund price $29.99)

Game 2 $59.99
(refund price $29.99)

Game 3 $0.00

If you try to return game 1 or 2 after the sale is over, you will only get credit for the refund price, not the whole value of the game.

If you want your money back after the sale, you will need to return ALL 3 games to get back exactly what you paid.

You've contributed TRU info for a long time so I know this is accruate (unless some completely clueless manager overrides it, if possible). I can't wait to see all the people coming back from their failed attempts at exchanges/full refunds and bitching about it.:lol:

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#106 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:46 AM

Thank you for clearing up how the register looks at it. Hopefully that should cut down on the stupidity with the sale and people trying to pull some fast ones.

Also, I'm guessing PSN/Wii/XBLM cards aren't accessories in this case?

Correct on the cards. They are in the system as commission gift cards.

#107 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:49 AM

well this is coming at a bad time. New York City Comic Con is this weekend and most of if not all of my video game budget was set for this convention. Dang...oh well...guess i am waiting till black friday to get in on deals. Unless Gamefly still has their crazy discounts going on.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#108 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:51 AM

You've contributed TRU info for a long time so I know this is accruate (unless some completely clueless manager overrides it, if possible). I can't wait to see all the people coming back from their failed attempts at exchanges/full refunds and bitching about it.:lol:

The worse part is, the system does this for any type of BOGO sale in the store, not just video games, whether the item is free or 50% off, etc. It's a good thing I won't be handling returns after this christmas

#109 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:16 AM

I would consider getting rocksmith with this deal if I wasn't 100% sure it will be rapidly dropping in price

#110 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:17 AM

I would consider getting rocksmith with this deal if I wasn't 100% sure it will be rapidly dropping in price

it's a "music game", of course it will drop
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#111 J Bling Blang

J Bling Blang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:21 AM

Any word on placeholders this year? Looking to take advantage of it, and get Mario Land and Uncharted 3. Would like to buy then return as gifts for the differences.
Posted Image

My tradelist is right below.

http://www.cheapassg...878#post7369878

#112 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:28 AM

it's a "music game", of course it will drop

This game is going to tank unusually fast because:

1. It requires you to either have or purchase a real guitar. That adds like $100 to play the game (Yeah thanks for the $25 coupon but a game that requires you to go make another purchase to play the game is a failure waiting to happen).

2. It costs $20 more than any other game coming out right now (Yeah it includes the adapter but i need that to play the game so you had to include it)

3. Track list is ok but could have been much better.

They have a great idea and possibly a gem in this game but i am not gonna pay $80+ to find out. When it comes to video games, it's hardly ever good to be 1st in line.
Posted Image

#113 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:40 AM

Any word on placeholders this year? Looking to take advantage of it, and get Mario Land and Uncharted 3. Would like to buy then return as gifts for the differences.

Couldn't be bothered to look above your post by just a few posts? No placeholders this year.

#114 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:42 AM

Correct on the cards. They are in the system as commission gift cards.

I thought I remembered that from the last time, though thank you for clarifying that point.

#115 joker______

joker______

Careful...Icarus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:45 AM

Does TRU still do trade ins?

#116 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:48 AM

yep. they even have an online estimator.

http://www.toysrustradeincenter.com/

they don't really have good tiv's compared to other places tho...(like 17.50 for rage!)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#117 joker______

joker______

Careful...Icarus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:52 AM

yep. they even have an online estimator.

http://www.toysrustradeincenter.com/

they don't really have good tiv's compared to other places tho...(like 17.50 for rage!)

Thanks Velo for the reply.
This kinda reminds me of the buy 2 get 1 free two years back when uncharted 2 brutal legend and borderlands were part of it.

#118 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:56 AM

haha yep! i got infamous, red faction g and prototype during the summer sale.
and got uncharted 2, brutal legend and fallout 3 goty. good memory.
(brutal legend for 40, sounded like a deal, lol, same with infamous/rfg/prototype... i think since then all 3 of those i have got for free(welcome back, darksiders promo, some other game promo)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#119 bigant262

bigant262

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:06 AM

I thought I remembered that from the last time, though thank you for clarifying that point.

If you can find some Microsoft points in blister packs, that should work, or Xbox Live subscriptions in blister packs.

Does TRU still do trade ins?

Yup, but the values have gotten horrible lately.

And to add to what Prim has said, you'd be surprised at what games we don't carry. So make sure you check to see if the games you want are available at your store. And if they aren't or just not in stock, ask an employee to order them for you. We have a store ordering system now, where they will ship it to your house, but may charge shipping, depends on the items. But the deal will work only if its online also. Another thing, some games qualify for pick up in store, so if you want to order the games online, (again, this is if the sale is online also, not sure if it is or not) you can just do that instead of looking for the games in the electronics department.

#120 joker______

joker______

Careful...Icarus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:18 AM

yea I just saw the trade in values for some games and I hate to say but some are worse than Gamestops.