Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/16/11 to 10/22/11) Toys R Us Buy 2, Get 1 Free

• Please log in to reply
901 replies to this topic

#121 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:27 AM

My TRU still has some of the older, out of print (so far as I know) Mario DS games; thinking about using my gift card from last week's Mario sale on this deal to get some of them. Maybe with Mass Attack.
Posted Image

#122 Owen

Owen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:30 AM

My TRU still has some of the older, out of print (so far as I know) Mario DS games; thinking about using my gift card from last week's Mario sale on this deal to get some of them. Maybe with Mass Attack.

Toys R Us has a special deal on Mario DS games that make them TRU Exclusives. So that may be why you are seeing previous OOP Mario DS titles at TRU now.

#123 spauldingfan

spauldingfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:31 AM

Any sightings of the 1970's Batman figure they are supposed to be giving with the pre orders of Arkham Asylum?

#124 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:39 AM

if only sonic generations was out in time for this
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#125 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:04 AM

hmm...tempting sale. Problem is I dunno if theres 3 games I really want/need right now. Getting the Arkham City CE from Amazon, and the only other games I'm considering right now are NHL and Forza.

#126 Owen

Owen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:10 AM

Any sightings of the 1970's Batman figure they are supposed to be giving with the pre orders of Arkham Asylum?

It might be from the new Batman figure series I saw recently at TRU that had a 70's Batman, Catman and Batgirl figure in the series if they are doing that giveaway. Each were around $15 I think.

#127 mastagoalie

mastagoalie

long live games and 420

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:14 AM

yay, thanks op!

Rage, dead island/dark souls/nhl12 , I am gonna roll the dice!
-Masta

#128 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:19 AM

Looks like Dark Souls isn't offered in stores at all. So I'd have to do the deal online and pay shipping to get it? That'd be a deal-breaker for me; I'd just wait for the inevitable Best Buy version I guess...or hope Amazon will match.

#129 spauldingfan

spauldingfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:19 AM

It might be from the new Batman figure series I saw recently at TRU that had a 70's Batman, Catman and Batgirl figure in the series if they are doing that giveaway. Each were around $15 I think.

That's most likely it...did it look like this ?Posted Image

#130 blackwaltz34

blackwaltz34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:25 AM

ahhhh....like clockwork. my TRU's selection isnt that great, but good luck to everyone out there.

im looking forward to amazon matching it with their own b2g1 sale

#131 MasterSun1

MasterSun1

Already Guilty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:49 AM

Here's to hoping Best Buy matches it as I have credit there, or TRU let's you exchange vs. returning.

#132 Neg

Neg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:58 AM

Best Buy seems like the best choice for those of us who want the CE of games, but are also going for the 5 for $100 deal. Picking up two Batman CEs as gifts, would love to just go to Toys R Us and get them there to get a free game, but I don't think I can sub in 2 other games to qualify at best buy.

Though, how good is TRU with getting Collector's Editions of games anyway?

#133 hereon

hereon

Here-On Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:06 AM

Perhaps I'll be skipping this unless something really becomes a deal during this, but if not I have a backlog I need to get through. Still I'm hopeful!

#134 Shiftygism

Shiftygism

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:15 AM

New register program.

It will take the value of the free game and factor it into the return price of the two games you pay for.

If all your games are $60, your receipt will look something like this. The refund price may be a few dollars more. I'm not sure about the exact percentage of the free game will be deducted, I know it's between 75% - 100%, but you will get an idea.

Game 1 $59.99
(refund price $29.99)

Game 2 $59.99
(refund price $29.99)

Game 3 $0.00

If you try to return game 1 or 2 after the sale is over, you will only get credit for the refund price, not the whole value of the game.

If you want your money back after the sale, you will need to return ALL 3 games to get back exactly what you paid.

So bummed if this is true. So completely and utterly bummed.

Those exchanges would stack with gift cards TRU would offer a few weeks later.

Last year when I brought two of my games back to trade in towards Black Ops and something else, I scored a $50 gift card for buying two qualifying titles. So I got three brand new $60 games AND a $50 gift card for spending $126 or so.

*sigh*

Now I gotta restrategize my preorders and whatnot. ugh.

That $30 coupon at Kmart will take a little sting off this.

#135 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:03 AM

Think I'm gonna pass. Everything I want comes out after this. Anything I'd get during this (ie stuff I'm just marginally interested in), I may as well wait for a Gamestop b2g1 used. Pay used prices, plus get power up points.

#136 ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:18 AM

Looks like Dark Souls isn't offered in stores at all. So I'd have to do the deal online and pay shipping to get it? That'd be a deal-breaker for me; I'd just wait for the inevitable Best Buy version I guess...or hope Amazon will match.

Actually, my store got in 2 copies for each system, so there is a slim chance at finding it. If you try to do the store order or locator and there's 3 or less copies, it doesn't show for store pickup or in stock.

#137 xltbx

xltbx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:43 AM

Or reserved games??

#138 KaitouDark

KaitouDark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:51 AM

I'd say new, because in the past it's been on all new games.

#139 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:24 AM

Not nearly as excited the last couple years as I used to be for this sale. Too many other good deals. You're still paying around $43 after tax for each $60 game which is decent but could be better.

And yeah the returning shit isn't going to work this year at all I dont think so dont bother wasting time to try it unless you have time to waste.

Or reserved games??

New

#140 VISCO

VISCO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:27 AM

Will it be online?

#141 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:27 AM

And I doubt TrU even carries Dark Souls in store. I remember in 09 they didn't carry Demons Souls and a lot of people weren't thrilled about it.

Thats not true. TRU DOES sell Dark Souls at least all the ones in my area.

Again not true. TRU does stock this in store.
Posted Image

#142 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:33 AM

Thats not true. TRU DOES sell Dark Souls at least all the ones in my area.

Again not true. TRU does stock this in store.

Ah I stand corrected. Well if people must get in on this deal make Batman and Dark Souls 2 of your picks. The 3rd doesnt matter I suppose. Nothing else good coming out in that time. Nothing can compete with the goddamn batman.

Will it be online?

I think it usually is but I was just wrong once so I'll just say there's a decent chance.

#143 chidesd

chidesd

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:49 AM

will we still be able to buy the 2 games get the 3rd free then exchange the 1st or 2nd payed game the following week?

#144 FlipSide

FlipSide

Made in the Philippines

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:57 AM

will we still be able to buy the 2 games get the 3rd free then exchange the 1st or 2nd payed game the following week?

Simple answer: NO .. for a longer answer go 2 pages back
Posted Image

#145 malethief

malethief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

I still haven't picked up space marines, gears 3, dead island, dead rising 2 and Batman comes out that week so I'm glad I have choices if I decide to take advantage of the sale.

#146 ephermal

ephermal

The Dragonmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:26 PM

I was planning on going to K-Mart for Arkham City... Decisions Decisions..I did want to get the new Ace Combat Game as well..

#147 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:28 PM

I still haven't picked up space marines, gears 3, dead island, dead rising 2 and Batman comes out that week so I'm glad I have choices if I decide to take advantage of the sale.

I've been tempted, but held off, on Deus Ex and NBA 2K12, so I'm thinking of grabbing those two along with Batman.
Posted Image

#148 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:00 PM

I'm probably goin with batman, dead island, and rage. Anything better to get? I already have NHL and gears

#149 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:21 PM

Who says it has to be $60 games? I've been waiting for this sale and have a nice list. That is assuming they're all the same price as Amazon does since I keep my list there. El Shaddai, Child of Eden, Deus Ex, No More Heroes, Motorstorm Apocalypse, and I think something else but it might have been pushed back. These should all be around $40, so with the B2G1 be under $30 and that's my price point. Also want Catherine, Resistance 3, Rage, and Dark Souls but gotta decide if I should wait since it'll be a while before the next B2G1. Amazon doesn't seem to offer much credit anymore, $10 isn't a big deal for a $60 game. I don't like BB because their sales are terrible and stock iffy at best. Won't bother with Kmart anymore after they hassled me for their exclusive card and those sales aren't much better. Only thing is it's been a while since I was in the local TrU and who knows what their stock is like. Had good luck in the past though.

Nailed it... I'm gonna check and see some of the cheaper games, or the clearance bins.
Posted Image

#150 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:27 PM

we still have $50 12month cards at the TRU I work at. And I never understood this or it could just be our system thats messed up but it is considered a videogame or videogame hardware...but anyways 3 of those makes 3 years of gold for like 35 a year(adding in taxes)....maybe less with employee discount

I was planning on going to K-Mart for Arkham City... Decisions Decisions..I did want to get the new Ace Combat Game as well..

Why don't you just get arkham city at kmart and use the 30$ coupon on ace combat. You will only pay 30 for it and ace combat will net you a 20$ coupon after you buy it :)
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze