Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/16/11 to 10/22/11) Toys R Us Buy 2, Get 1 Free

• Please log in to reply
901 replies to this topic

#151 KrzyHpnKricket

KrzyHpnKricket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:32 PM

Why don't you just get arkham city at kmart and use the 30$ coupon on ace combat. You will only pay 30 for it and ace combat will net you a 20$ coupon after you buy it :)

That's not correct, you will only get the $20 coupon if you purchase Ace Combat this week.

#152 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:34 PM

That's not correct, you will only get the $20 coupon if you purchase Ace Combat this week.

Thanks for the correction. He could still get it for 30 with the batman coupon atleast
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#153 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:37 PM

I really don't even consider this much of a deal anymore. It's hilarious here, everybody talks as if they're tax exempt or something. It's like $44 per game. Whoopee. Amazon will have that for EVERY new release within 6 weeks of it's release. So basically you get a moderate deal on one new release for the same price it'll be on sale soon anyway and you get to watch 2 games sit on your shelf and depreciate in value, whereas if you just waited you'd get those other games for $30 or less when you actually got around to playing them.

SIGN ME UP!

#154 adonfraz

adonfraz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:44 PM

Batman, NBA 2K, and Deus Ex for me.

#155 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:55 PM

What are you talking about $30 for Batman? It is only a $30 coupon for your next gaming purchase. You will still have to fork over $60+tax cash to get Batman and then the $30 coupon. In essence, it's two games for $45 each. I could see why people would want to go for the B2G1 deal because that's only $40 per game.

You can't compare a straight 2 game purchase to a 3 game purchase as a "per game rate". Especially if you're ignoring the multiple deals surrounding all these new releases that everyone is so hot for. If the other game you buy at KMart is $60 and doesn't have any deal (not a new release), then sure -- $45 for two. But no one is looking to buy a $60 copy of a year old game at TRU during these sales.

Let's give an example.

People listed the following:
Batman (30)
Gears (20)
NBA 2K11 (20)
Skyrim (20)
Rage (20)
etc

The amount placed next to the game is the "amount off" available at KMart for a future purchase.

So, if you are getting Rage, Batman, and Gears at this sale --- you could have done the following:
Bought Gears for $60 out of pocket.
Bought Rage for $40 out of pocket (-20 Gears Coupon)
Bought Batman for $40 out of pocket (-20 Rage Coupon).

For $140 you got ALL the games at release, without having to wait or hope to cheat the system AND you have $30 to spend on another game. Better yet, let's say you waited on Rage, etc. KMart tends to drop the games to $40-45 within 6-8 weeks of release. So instead of being concerned what to spend your $30 credit on you could do this:

Bought Gears for $60 out of pocket.
Bought Batman for $40 out of pocket (-20 Gears Coupon)
Bought Rage went it is inevitably on sale for $45 for $15 (-30 Batman Coupon)

There's $5 savings right there. If you're committing to buying 3 games at ONE time at TRU, you will likely buy more than 3 games throughout the holiday season --- true Cheap Ass or not.

You're right, if you want NO OTHER VIDEO GAME EVER, then buying them at TRU might be an okay option if you can find a game there that won't drop before the end of the Christmas season. Nevermind that at the end of the KMart example, you should have another $10-15 off games depending on the reward incentive weeks.
-Michael

Posted Image

#156 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:03 PM

Nailed it... I'm gonna check and see some of the cheaper games, or the clearance bins.

The TRU Clearance bins have been so late to the party and dead for the last 2 years it's been sad.
-Michael

Posted Image

#157 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

Really don't know what to buy..

Got dark souls already. Batman CE and battlefield 3 paid off with gift cards... And I'm getting the skyrim CE..

Maybe RDR goty and la noire?? But then what about the 3rd game.. Fifa?

#158 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:34 PM

I really don't even consider this much of a deal anymore. It's hilarious here, everybody talks as if they're tax exempt or something. It's like $44 per game. Whoopee. Amazon will have that for EVERY new release within 6 weeks of it's release. So basically you get a moderate deal on one new release for the same price it'll be on sale soon anyway and you get to watch 2 games sit on your shelf and depreciate in value, whereas if you just waited you'd get those other games for $30 or less when you actually got around to playing them.

SIGN ME UP!

Maybe they all live in Oregon.
Posted Image

#159 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:49 PM

Hmmm, might use this to get some 3DS titles.

#160 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:54 PM

Hmmm, might use this to get some 3DS titles.

My fear of a b1g1 free for 3ds games happening on black friday is holding me back from doing the same thing. I was thinking about getting starfox and zelda along with sotd as they are all 40$ but than that black friday thought poped up in my head. I might still take the chance and do the tru deal
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#161 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:02 PM

SIGN ME UP!

For real. I don't get the excitement over this annual sale either, especially given how often TRU likes to cancel orders and piss people off. However, when Amazon matches then I suppose I can see where people's true intentions lie.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#162 InfamouslyCheap

InfamouslyCheap

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:06 PM

DelaWHERE!

#163 Serakek

Serakek

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

Hope BB will price match. I'll get Batman, Ratchet and another game that I'll exchange for MW3 when it comes out.

#164 azngtlman

azngtlman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:23 PM

yay, thanks op!

Rage, dead island/dark souls/nhl12 , I am gonna roll the dice!

If you're looking to get NHL 12, it's only $45 (Xbox 360) on Amazon right now, which is practically the same as this deal.

#165 megax11

megax11

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:29 PM

Excellent week for this to be happening.

I had always planned to buy these games full price, but now I will just get 2 for free.

I planned on buying Skylanders on 3DS and 360 this Sunday, so now I will just my Ace Combat: Assault Horizon for free instead of 60 bucks.

I also planned on buying Batman and Ratchet and Clank Tuesday, so I will just take Forza 4 for free instead of 60 bucks.

Good thing I waited on buying Ace Combat and Forza.

#166 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:34 PM

SIGN ME UP!

Well not everyone is buying $60 Ps3/Xbox 360 games. There are $35-30 DS games that will not get a price drop the next 6 months

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#167 jessesixto

jessesixto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:37 PM

four more days to go and still no link?

#168 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

Well not everyone is buying $60 Ps3/Xbox 360 games. There are $35-30 DS games that will not get a price drop the next 6 months

But most people ARE (or seem to be using the thread as a sample). Most of the talk is about the AAA MP games.

The DS/3DS idea is the best one, especially given how Nintendo is.
-Michael

Posted Image

#169 Lugi

Lugi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:47 PM

Buy dark souls in all caps
"Don't get yourself killed. Neither one of us wants to see you go hollow." - Andre

Posted Image

#170 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:10 PM

I hope that the TRU site allows preorders. If they do, I'm set, and if they cancel, I'll get my two games at the discounted price. Win, meet Win.
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#171 GreyFox787

GreyFox787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:13 PM

Maaaan...if Best Buy matches this I'll pick up Forza 4 LE just for the Steelbook when I get Batman...

#172 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:16 PM

Maaaan...if Best Buy matches this I'll pick up Forza 4 LE just for the Steelbook when I get Batman...

please tell me where i can find forza LE.

#173 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:20 PM

Or Delaware. I'm sure a lot of people who live in Maryland, NJ and Pennsylvania hop over the border to do their game shopping in Delaware.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#174 Hyperfludd

Hyperfludd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:25 PM

Do all 3 games have to be different?

Say, if I want to pick up Batman and 2 copies of Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One for me and a friend, is that possible?

#175 joker______

joker______

Careful...Icarus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:30 PM

Do all 3 games have to be different?

Say, if I want to pick up Batman and 2 copies of Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One for me and a friend, is that possible?

yes its possible unless they put a limit of 1 per title but seems unlikely they would,hope this helps.
Posted Image

#176 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:42 PM

yes its possible unless they put a limit of 1 per title but seems unlikely they would,hope this helps.

Yes, you can do it, unless you can't. Very helpful...

#177 S0DA POPINSKI

S0DA POPINSKI

New system, but such an last gen backlog still

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:46 PM

Yes, you can do it, unless you can't. Very helpful...

In the past TRU has let you buy multiple copys of the same game.

#178 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:49 PM

In the past TRU has let you buy multiple copys of the same game.

Yeah, I know. I was just pokin' fun at joker's reply, which essentially said "Sure you can, unless you can't."

#179 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:58 PM

But most people ARE (or seem to be using the thread as a sample). Most of the talk is about the AAA MP games.

The DS/3DS idea is the best one, especially given how Nintendo is.

The days of Nintendo trying to prevent price drops seems like a thing of the past. Almost all of the first party 3DS launch titles have been available for $20 at some point and I'm sure Starfox will join that list shortly. I don't think the TRU deal is the best deal out there, but at least last year Amazon matched with a lot of Atlus and other more obscure titles, so I was able to pick all of them up at what amounts to 33% off each with the no tax/free shipping.

#180 joker______

joker______

Careful...Icarus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

Yeah, I know. I was just pokin' fun at joker's reply, which essentially said "Sure you can, unless you can't."

I don't see what was so funny about my response all I said you can unless out of no where they put a limit to the games on sale so what happened back a few months back with the 2 for $ 50 sale where hoarders killed it doesn't happen again.
Posted Image