Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

• Please log in to reply
2511 replies to this topic

#271 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

Considering those "chapters" are already on disc, it's not fair to compare it to DLC. They are very weak, so it's best to just view the pack as a figure purchase not for the level.

Agreed. I have all three of the Adventure Packs, and all of the levels are underwhelming. Unfortunate that the only way you can get those characters are by buying the pack.

I found Voodood, Prism Break, and Boomer as singles today so I decided Fuck it and buy them. I'm tired of searching for the 3 pack. If anybody in Houston is looking, the Wal-Mart and Target in Humble near 59 have lots of singles and 3 packs in stock.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#272 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:32 PM

just played the ice expansion with my daughter, I like the character and the my daughter really likes interacting with the portal as much as possible, so the power ups are nice, but the level would be very weak as a standalone dlc for the price.

I actually enjoyed the Pirate Sea level quite a bit. Darklight Crypt and Empires of Ice were both pretty boring though.

#273 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:48 PM

Just got a Stealth Elf off Amazon's Warehouse deals for $6. Here's hoping for no shenanigans.

#274 Popnmusic

Popnmusic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:55 PM

Anyone know if the Slam bam pack is one per case? Been having a hard time tracking it down. My targets have the other adv packs just not that one. Also I have a cynder (nib) that I'm willing to trade for Chop chop.

#275 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:09 PM

Anyone know if the Slam bam pack is one per case?

I went through a couple boxes at Target last week. Each box had:

2 Empire of Ice
2 Pirate Seas
2 Darklight Crypts

#276 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

Just opened my starter pack today and played with my 4-year-old. I enjoyed helping him play quite a bit, it seems he'll have a good time with this. Maybe at some point I'll play it myself, maybe not. It's simple but fun gameplay...I'm not entirely sure I want to back off my statement about the game being boring, I guess it entirely depends on how you play it.

That said, me being an addictive figure collector is still going to benefit my kids for the foreseeable future.

I've been able to find pretty much everything at Gamestop, and it's worked well since I've been paying all with credit. The only ones that are out there right now that I'd still like to pick up are Eurptor and Igniter...and probably one or two more I'm not thinking of at the moment.

#277 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

Just opened my starter pack today and played with my 4-year-old. I enjoyed helping him play quite a bit, it seems he'll have a good time with this. Maybe at some point I'll play it myself, maybe not. It's simple but fun gameplay...I'm not entirely sure I want to back off my statement about the game being boring, I guess it entirely depends on how you play it.

I would never play it by myself, I think it's pretty boring and generally too easy for an adult with some surprisingly and unnecessarily difficult puzzles occasionally(like the locks in the crypt level). My daughter, on the other hand, cannot get enough of it(which means I have played a lot).

#278 vessey632

vessey632

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:52 PM

Just a heads up that samsclub.com has a number of the 3 packs as well as Empire of Ice in stock for shipping.

Posted Image

#279 dutch72

dutch72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:15 AM

I called a Target this afternoon and asked If they had the 3 pack containing Dinorang, Hex, and Zap, the only ones my daughter was missing. The Employee said he had one. I asked If he could hold It for me till I got there, I was about ten minutes away. He said sure . I arrive at the store and tell him I'm there for the 3 pack. He says okay I got It here in the back so I follow him to the Skylander Rack. When we arrive I see a parent and her 2 kids with the pack. He says Oh she must've found it, I hid it behind all the other 3 packs. ARRRRRRGGGGGGGG !!!!!!!!!!

#280 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:48 AM

Does anyone know if Target uses the same SKU for every skylander? I want to return one but I can't figure out which receipt it is.

(Obviously I've been buying too many skylanders.)

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#281 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:21 AM

Does anyone know if Target uses the same SKU for every skylander? I want to return one but I can't figure out which receipt it is.

(Obviously I've been buying too many skylanders.)

They use three different DPCIs: one for singles, one for the 3-packs, and one for the adventure packs. There is probably a good chance you could return a single figure using any receipt that has a single on it, which you can tell by price, $7.99, or the specific DPCI, 207-00-0041.

#282 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:30 AM

They use three different DPCIs: one for singles, one for the 3-packs, and one for the adventure packs. There is probably a good chance you could return a single figure using any receipt that has a single on it, which you can tell by price, $7.99, or the specific DPCI, 207-00-0041.

Thanks. The DPCI of the 3 packs must be 207-000-0047 then.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#283 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:34 AM

Thanks. The DPCI of the 3 packs must be 207-000-0047 then.

Yes. Here is the DPCI breakdown:

Single: 207-00-0041
3-Pack: 207-00-0047
Adventure Pack: 207-00-0048

#284 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:03 AM

I called a Target this afternoon and asked If they had the 3 pack containing Dinorang, Hex, and Zap, the only ones my daughter was missing. The Employee said he had one. I asked If he could hold It for me till I got there, I was about ten minutes away. He said sure . I arrive at the store and tell him I'm there for the 3 pack. He says okay I got It here in the back so I follow him to the Skylander Rack. When we arrive I see a parent and her 2 kids with the pack. He says Oh she must've found it, I hid it behind all the other 3 packs. ARRRRRRGGGGGGGG !!!!!!!!!!

I've heard from a few others that Target employees arent actually allowed to told items for customers behind the counter. Not sure where I heard it....any Target employees willing to confirm?

Nothing to see here, move along!

#285 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:06 AM

J The only ones that are out there right now that I'd still like to pick up are Eurptor and Igniter...and probably one or two more I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Ignitor isn't 'technically' out yet. Sure it's in the 3DS set, but he'll be flying solo around March.

#286 anthonyd46

anthonyd46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:14 AM

zap and boomer in stock at amazon

#287 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

Walmart got pretty good stuff today. Finally found 2 3-packs I was missing. I got eruptor,chopchop,bash and zap,hex,dinorang! They also had wrecking ball,stealth elf,sonic boom. Yesterday they had Drobot,flames linger,stumpsmash. They also had the dark light crypt and pirates sea packs today! Seems like supply is starting to pick up. Yay! Hopefully I can get my hands on the last 3pack I'm missing which is prism break, boomer, voodood. Then I'll be all current with all available characters in the market! Come on Walmart! Get it in by next week. Hehe!

#288 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:42 PM

Ignitor isn't 'technically' out yet. Sure it's in the 3DS set, but he'll be flying solo around March.

Good to know. Thanks.

#289 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

Finally had a chance to sort through what i have.
Looks like aside from ignitor, i just need zap, hex and eruptor at the moment.

Edit: And a quick trip to Target this morning remedied that :) Picked up the Hex/Zap/Dino 3-pack and the Eruptor/Chop Chop/Bash 3-pack. Apparently, I still needed Bash, too. This was actually the only money outside of gamestop credit I've had to spend on these things. Also glad I've kept all but the starter pack sealed for now since i can go return the Chop Chop and Dino-Rang doubles I have to Gamestop.

Edited by JaylisJayP, 28 January 2012 - 05:03 PM.

#290 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

I've heard from a few others that Target employees arent actually allowed to told items for customers behind the counter. Not sure where I heard it....any Target employees willing to confirm?

It depends on the store's STL (Store Team Leader), which is the head manager of the store. Most of them (including ours) will not allow holds on anything that is in high demand. Our store will not hold them but as soon as they stop flying off of the shelves like crazy, it'll be okay to hold them.

Every Target is different, but I do know the majority of them (especially in my district) will not hold anything in high demand. It is company-wide policy that we cannot hold anything featured in the sale ads or on clearance too, so since Skylanders are featured in the ad this week, there is a good chance they won't hold them due to that alone.

#291 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

I have a Zap and a Hex singles, but plan on getting the three pack with both of them. If someone wants them at cost, let me know. Else I'll probably return them as soon as I find the three pack.

#292 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:30 PM

Richmond West End TRU has a new shipment in. I was in today, Saturday, and saw the following:
Whirlwind
Double Trouble
Drill Sergeant
Chop Chop
Flameslinger
3 pack with Hex, Zap, and somebody else.

Current ebay prices for Whirlwind are $15ish, pretty low IMHO.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#293 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

Got the triple pack with Bash, Eruptor, and Chop Chop from Walmart in La Mesa. Rang up as $12 for some reason.

#294 biggie2123

biggie2123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:03 AM

Does TRU still sell the Legendary Skylander packs or is that one out of print?

#295 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:11 AM

Some people have reported that it's OOP, I haven't payed much attention to it since I purchased it day 1.

#296 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:14 AM

I have a Zap and a Hex singles, but plan on getting the three pack with both of them. If someone wants them at cost, let me know. Else I'll probably return them as soon as I find the three pack.

I may take those off your hands. I'm guessing they're still in the packaging then, correct?

#297 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:34 AM

I may take those off your hands. I'm guessing they're still in the packaging then, correct?

Correct.

elessar123.png

#298 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:49 AM

Correct.

Sent you a pm.

#299 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:49 AM

Some people have reported that it's OOP, I haven't payed much attention to it since I purchased it day 1.

Yeah, I got in an order last week online, promptly got a backorder notice saying the order would ride until 2/25 and then get auto-cancelled if it wasn't fulfilled by then. I got a cancellation email today. :( They must not be getting anymore.

#300 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:54 AM

Right now I need Chop Chop, Wrecking Ball, FlameSlinger, VooDood, and Boomer and I have them all :D