• Please log in to reply
2469 replies to this topic

#301 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

Updated OP again!

Any questions you may have about current and future availability should be answered through that.

#302 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:27 PM

Updated OP again!

Any questions you may have about current and future availability should be answered through that.

Regarding Legendary Trigger Happy- someone posted a picture on the darkspyro forum of the plan-o-gram at TRU and there was a tag for him next to a tag for the next level pack. So the assumption is that he'll be out in the April release or sooner.

http://s53.photobuck...nt=IMG_1223.jpg
Spoiler

#303 ManChowder

ManChowder

soooo sleepy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:49 PM

Thanks, I just told my kids they can't wait until April now. I also did not realize that they were actually coming out with a Legendary Trigger Happy. Hopefully we will also see a re-release of the Legendary 3-pack... but I kind of doubt it.

Updated OP again!

#304 dutch72

dutch72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

Finally got all the ones thats been released so far not counting the 3DS exclusives on Friday night. This morning both Wal-Mart and Target still had figures that they received on Fridays shipment, so I'm guessing the popularity has died down around here for a while least till the next wave.

#305 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

When I was at Walmart a couple days ago when I picked up a few figures the shelves were overflowing with almost every character and adventure pack. Today I was there for something else and looked again and there was almost nothing left. People are definitely still buying them in my area.

#306 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

Found the Whirlwind three pack, woot woot!

#307 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

Picked up the darklight crypt and flamelinger,drobot,stump smash 3 pack today at walmart.Also picked up the pirate seas pack last week from amazon gold box deal when it was $1 cheaper then normal.

Gonna put them back for my sons birthday in 3 weeks.
They also had singles for drobot,voodood,boomer,and prizm break.

The kids got boomer and prizm break using their own $.

Still waiting on amazon to ship the whirlwind 3 pack that i preordered two weeks ago as well.

#308 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:14 PM

The only place in my area that has skylanders that are not Prism Break, Boomer or Drobot are at TRU..where the prices are of course 9.99 and 24.99. Dont know if I should continue to see if Target will ever restock with characters that I want or if I should just bite and pay TRU their extra few dollars -_-

Nothing to see here, move along!

#309 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:29 PM

If you really want the figure, just pay the $2.

My Target had stacks of Drobot. Grrrrreat.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#310 Ryhian

Ryhian

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:23 PM

I know it's been asked earlier but looking for some tips on leveling up new skylanders quickly. I've unlocked up to chapter 12 thus far. Got my stealth elf to level 10 and maxed offense upgrades. Should I carry on or are any of the levels I've played good for level 1s?

Thanks for all the talk about where to find them. I'm up to 12 characters now and it's so addicting!

#311 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:13 AM

I've pretty much only had luck at WM & TRU. Everyone else around me is sold out, and has been nearly every time I've been there to check within the past two weeks... Got lucky this weekend and found a Whirlwind, Drill Sergeant, Double Trouble triple pack at WM, and a Cynder at TRU. I'm up to nearly everything that's been released thus far. Just missing a couple triple packs(I'm gonna just start buying the singles if I don't see them soon, as I have at least SEEN each of the Skylanders out in the wild) and, of course, the Legendaries.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#312 anthonyd46

anthonyd46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:34 AM

i see tru.com has the empire of ice in stock but its $31 after tax and shipping thats just way too much $2 more for a single figure is one thing but thats alot to pay extra

#313 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:54 AM

i see tru.com has the empire of ice in stock but its $31 after tax and shipping thats just way too much $2 more for a single figure is one thing but thats alot to pay extra

:rofl:

TRU tax

Just ask any Lego fan about it, they literally have markups on sets as high as 35% over MSRP and most are frequently $2-$5 more than any other retailer.

I remember when they were on the ropes 10-15 years ago and it looked like they weren't gonna be around much longer. Shit, even 5 years ago they weren't this overconfident in their market position to charge a premium over MSRP on damn near every product they sell.

#314 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:18 AM

:rofl:

TRU tax

Just ask any Lego fan about it, they literally have markups on sets as high as 35% over MSRP and most are frequently $2-$5 more than any other retailer.

I remember when they were on the ropes 10-15 years ago and it looked like they weren't gonna be around much longer. Shit, even 5 years ago they weren't this overconfident in their market position to charge a premium over MSRP on damn near every product they sell.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I go to TRU fairly regularly for video games and skylanders is probably the first thing I've seen there above MSRP. I know NYC stores are different but that's NYC.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#315 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:31 AM

I have no idea what you're talking about. I go to TRU fairly regularly for video games and skylanders is probably the first thing I've seen there above MSRP. I know NYC stores are different but that's NYC.

Video game software is just about the only thing they consistently keep at MSRP.

Here's one of my favorite Lego examples

ToysRUs Lego Batman Catwoman Catcycle Chase City Chase $19.99

Lego Shop at Home Online Batman Catwoman Catcycle Chase City Chase $12.99

#316 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:34 AM

nice.

Ees7Y.jpg

#317 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:50 AM

The TRU Tax is horrid, I do go there a lot though. I can stay in there with my kid for hours and not buy anything! Some of there sales are descent though but they are far and in between. $1 Buzz Lightyear Operation!!!!!

#318 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:13 PM

Video game software is just about the only thing they consistently keep at MSRP.

Here's one of my favorite Lego examples

ToysRUs Lego Batman Catwoman Catcycle Chase City Chase $19.99

Lego Shop at Home Online Batman Catwoman Catcycle Chase City Chase $12.99

Yeah, TRU abuses customers with LEGO sets. Once you get into the bigger sets it's easier to notice. If a given set is $30 at Target, I can guarantee it's $40 at TRU. $60 at WM? $75+ at TRU.

The new DC Superhero line is the worst offender at TRU as RvB pointed out above.

#319 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

So I have all the ones that are out now minus the 3DS ones...the question is, do I open them? lol. I cant imagine in a year these regular ones are going to be worth anything...it's just a figure collector habit of mine to think carefully before opening anything for display or use.

#320 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

So I have all the ones that are out now minus the 3DS ones...the question is, do I open them? lol. I cant imagine in a year these regular ones are going to be worth anything...it's just a figure collector habit of mine to think carefully before opening anything for display or use.

Eventually, whether it's next year or 3-4 years from now Skylanders will be dead or at the very least the frenzy will just be a passive interest. At that point, even the supposedly out of print Legendary pack will be worth squat. Unless you plan to ride the wave and get lucky enough to sell at the peak, you're better off just acknowledging that Skylanders are not an investment.

#TulipMania

Beanie Babies
Furbies
Zhu Zhu Pets
etc.

#321 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:41 PM

Eventually, whether it's next year or 3-4 years from now Skylanders will be dead or at the very least the frenzy will just be a passive interest. At that point, even the supposedly out of print Legendary pack will be worth squat. Unless you plan to ride the wave and get lucky enough to sell at the peak, you're better off just acknowledging that Skylanders are not an investment.

#TulipMania

Beanie Babies
Furbies
Zhu Zhu Pets
etc.

Aye. They're already on the decline. Every figure I own was funded by my sales of one Whirlwind. Ironically, I now also own the Whirlwind three-pack.

#322 vessey632

vessey632

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

Anyone need the Pirate Seas pack? I ended up with an extra one (long story involving some real bad customer service) and prefer to get it to a CAG for MSRP + shipping.

Posted Image

#323 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:37 PM

Picked up Wrecking Ball and Boomer today. That leaves Flameslinger, Voodood, Cynder, and Chop Chop and I'll have them all.

#324 io

io

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

Anyone need the Pirate Seas pack? I ended up with an extra one (long story involving some real bad customer service) and prefer to get it to a CAG for MSRP + shipping.

Same here with a Drobot/Flameslinger/Stump Smash set.

#325 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:23 AM

Aye. They're already on the decline. Every figure I own was funded by my sales of one Whirlwind. Ironically, I now also own the Whirlwind three-pack.

I saw two Whirlwinds on BF and bought them without a second thought. Since I heard any "exclusives" would be out within months everywhere I decided I'll start collect later.

So with Whirlwind/Drill Sergeant in a 3-pack are they out as singles everywhere now? It's crazy how most places are cleared out.

#326 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:58 AM

Got Wrecking Ball and Dino Rang from Target today. Also got my shipment of Whirlwind, Drill Sargent, Double Trouble, and 2 Cynders today from Gamestop. They also screwed up and threw a free Flameslinger into my Cynder order. Bank error in my favor, I suppose.

#327 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:30 AM

Looks like those various singles I wanted were already snatched up at the TRU. Oh well, just a waiting game as usual

Nothing to see here, move along!

#328 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:56 AM

Got Wrecking Ball and Dino Rang from Target today. Also got my shipment of Whirlwind, Drill Sargent, Double Trouble, and 2 Cynders today from Gamestop. They also screwed up and threw a free Flameslinger into my Cynder order. Bank error in my favor, I suppose.

Oh, that's my Flameslinger. Can you forward it on to me?

Walmart was cleaned out today except for Zap. Bleh.

Ees7Y.jpg

#329 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

So true, so true. I suspect that Skylanders will have pretty good legs though, and drive some slow burn sales beyond what is predicted. I think this will be helped along by an extended console lifecycle this gen. Keep in mind the number of Wii's Nintendo sold last Xmas season, and you can get sort of a longer view of how many still don't own a console, and how they may approach such a purchase.

If Activision plays their cards right, they could really stretch this out. It was super smart of them to attach this to an existing IP, pick-up some the same wireless tech from their Guitar Hero franchise, and direct the visual design and gameplay to be as accessible as possible, across the board.

This toy is new territory, so it should be fun to watch what happens either way.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#330 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

#TulipMania

Beanie Babies
Furbies
Zhu Zhu Pets
etc.

Yeah, you're totally right.