Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

• Please log in to reply
2468 replies to this topic

#571 jcmeadows

jcmeadows

Even I'm embarrassed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:38 AM

TRU will be holding any new figures until 3/21. They will distribute tickets prior to store opening and will limit 1 figure per customer until all tickets are redeemed. You will not be able to choose your figure until you make your purchase. If any figures remain, they can be sold to whoever in any quantity.

Also, all remaining singles and 3 packs will be 25% off next week. All starter packs will be $34.99

This would seem true. I was in the Toy r us tonight at concord mills and they had a sign up saying that skylanders would be instore 3/21.

Check out our site! The Gamers Lounge

#572 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

Gamestop.com has some 3-packs for sale online currently:

http://www.gamestop....ger-stump/98979

http://www.gamestop....-sergeant/98980

Came out to $25 and some change after shipping - which is actually cheaper than I would've paid at TRU after tax.

Wow, Gamestop. You suck. The entire "randomly pick" listings? Yeah, the majority of those are going to be bought up by eBay resellers.

:(
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#573 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

TRU will be holding any new figures until 3/21. They will distribute tickets prior to store opening and will limit 1 figure per customer until all tickets are redeemed. You will not be able to choose your figure until you make your purchase. If any figures remain, they can be sold to whoever in any quantity.

Also, all remaining singles and 3 packs will be 25% off next week. All starter packs will be $34.99

They go from one extreme (letting people wipe out their stock) to the other extreme. Fucking lame. Driving across town for a single $10 figure isn't worth the effort. Now if it was one of each of the new figures, that would make more sense. How hard is it to not allow one bitch to buy 10 Legendary packs?

Dragon's Peak is the only real exclusive left and that will be found elsewhere $5 cheaper in April anyway, so F TRU.

#574 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

They go from one extreme (letting people wipe out their stock) to the other extreme. Fucking lame. Driving across town for a single $10 figure isn't worth the effort. Now if it was one of each of the new figures, that would make more sense. How hard is it to not allow one bitch to buy 10 Legendary packs?

Dragon's Peak is the only real exclusive left and that will be found elsewhere $5 cheaper in April anyway, so F TRU.

I agree, they could easily put a stop to the hoarding by simply using sanity at the checkout instead of doing this line up thing. If I go in and they have the Lightning Rod 3 pack and Dragon's Peak, I'm going to be irritated if I can't buy both. This won't help much of anyone get one that hasn't been able to before, because once the line is served nothing prevents the resellers from cleaning them out, all it does is make things difficult for everyone.. All they have to do is put a reasonable limit to stop the people that fill up a cart with everything on the shelves. They see it happening, the employees openly tell you they have seen it numerous times.

If you are buying three or four figures, maybe even a couple of duplicates fine. If you are buying a dozen of the same pack, stop it. Maybe have a two per item per day policy, then stick to it - there isn't enough profit in reselling to justify having a network of people go in and do it two at a time, but there is enough to justify loading up a cart - they just need to make it inconvenient enough to not be worth the effort. This isn't the first time this has happened to them, it's not like they haven't had hard to find products before.

I had hoped their recent large shipments and plummeting Ebay prices would slow this down more, but I guess they are hoping to hold onto them and drive the prices back up or are trying to get in late in the game. If people would stop caving in and giving money to the Ebay douchebags with 20 identical auctions selling singles for $25+, the vultures would find something else to do.

#575 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

I feel like they're trying too hard. Like this new set of skylanders is the new iphone or something.

Watch there be like 4 sad sack resellers in line and nobody else gives a crap.

By the way, I don't see how remaining packs and singles will be 25% off next week when they've pulled everything from the shelves in anticipation of this big 3/21 event.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#576 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:22 AM

I feel like they're trying too hard. Like this new set of skylanders is the new iphone or something.

Watch there be like 4 sad sack resellers in line and nobody else gives a crap.

By the way, I don't see how remaining packs and singles will be 25% off next week when they've pulled everything from the shelves in anticipation of this big 3/21 event.

Only new shipments will be held. Any inventory that stores currently have, they can sell through. I should have been more clear before, only the single packs will be held. If stores continue to receive 3 packs, they can sell those as they normally do.

Once my store gets its figures in, I can let you all know which assortments there are.

#577 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:00 AM

Only new shipments will be held. Any inventory that stores currently have, they can sell through. I should have been more clear before, only the single packs will be held. If stores continue to receive 3 packs, they can sell those as they normally do.

Does that go for the new 3 pack or Dragon's Peak?

#578 sykotek

sykotek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:22 AM

Nice, I just received my Legendary Trigger Happy in the mail today. ...he came poorly packaged though by TRU, they shipped him in just an envelope!

I feel lucky the actual figure didn't get damaged (I've seen various broken Skylanders figures online and at retail in the time since I started buying them), the cardboard backing is badly creased, the plastic is visibly crushed inwards in multiple places.

If I thought of these as collector's items, I'd probably be freaking out right now, but all I care about is opening him up and playing with him, so in this case, it's all good to me as long as the figure is intact. Woohoo LTH!

#579 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:41 AM

Does anyone know if all of the skylanders are being sent to stores in more recent shipments? The reason I ask is because it seems like even when I get lucky and hit a store thats had a fairly recent shipment, I tend to find the same assortment of figures. I haven't seem prismbreak for ages and I'm wondering if he still goes out with newer shipments.

Guess I should have gotten more interested when these were overflowing during pre-Christmas .... dabbled a bit but didn't buy many individual figures when they were plentiful ... And still have never seen Empire of Ice

#580 sykotek

sykotek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

@etcrane: I asked the same question a few pages back. Apparently, they are still releasing older figures as well as 3 packs.

#581 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

Yeah, the problem is that they ship more of the newer ones per case. I think there are six/case so you'd see something like 3 of the hot new triple pack, then one each of the other triple packs.

#582 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:03 AM

Yeah, the problem is that they ship more of the newer ones per case. I think there are six/case so you'd see something like 3 of the hot new triple pack, then one each of the other triple packs.

Something of note, each "wave" comes with the same figured packed in them. For example, when Wave 2 started shipping, each box of individual figures consisted of one of each Hex, Dino-Rang, Wrecking Ball, Boomer, Zap and Eruptor (I think that was the assortment) - I went through several of these boxes and each one was the same assortment. My guess is, while they are "reprinting" the earlier waves, they're doing it in such a way that each new wave is coming with a specific mix of the older characters.

Nice, I just received my Legendary Trigger Happy in the mail today. ...he came poorly packaged though by TRU, they shipped him in just an envelope!

...ugh. I ordered two (one for me and one for a co-worker's son) - thankfully, they came in a box. If my Blue Bash comes damaged (could only order one, sorry co-worker's son), I'm gonna be ticked. :(
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#583 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:10 AM

Wow ... absolutely no Skylanders anywhere around here ... every place I stopped was completely wiped out ... 2 frys, 2 targets, 2 best buys, 2 TRUs ... Nothing, maybe a handful of the same figure at 1 TRU, otherwise nothing ...

#584 ChadThyJuggla

ChadThyJuggla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

Was lucky enough to be passing through Walmart on Friday around midnight and nabbed two 3-packs:

Wrecking Ball/ Stealth Elf/ Sonic Boom
Drobot/ Flameslinger/ Stump Smash

Huge score for me, as everywhere has been barren lately beside the occasional single pack.

Seems I have more luck finding figures when I'm not solely searching for them, seeing as how my continuous trips to TRU and Target have left me empty handed as of late. Though I did manage to successfully order a Legendary TH last week, just waiting on that to arrive.

#585 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:01 PM

Why does TRU advertise 25% off 3 packs when they know they won't be in until 3/21? I'm sorry, but that's just stupid and mean. We bought the 3DS starter pack for $35 to get the fire and life elements, now all we need is wind. Plus $35 actually seems worth it for a 3DS game. My son loved Super Mario 3D Land - he plays it all the time even though he's already beaten it - so I think he'll enjoy this. Heck with 3 save slots I might even play it. (I hate DS games w/ 1 save slot).

#586 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

Saw someone take a Legendary Trigger Happy off the shelf from TRU. Was actually there to return something, and probably wouldn't have picked it up anways, but it was the last figure left in the store.

#587 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:21 AM

Judging from what you guys have been saying, I'm gonna try to hit up a TRU at opening on the 21st...

Has anybody here happened to see the Dragon's Peak pack yet in a store?

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#588 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:12 PM

This will probably be the hottest triple pack yet...

Posted Image

#589 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

Is that up on Best Buy's site right now?

#590 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

I actually need zook.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#591 jcmeadows

jcmeadows

Even I'm embarrassed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:15 AM

I actually need zook.

I need zook and lighting. Looks great, cant wait to hunt them down.

Check out our site! The Gamers Lounge

#592 HightopNinja

HightopNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:50 AM

Thanks to my fiance's co-worker's husband, I was able to nab four of the little guys. Sadly, they're pretty common, but I got to add Boomer, Dino-Rang, Wrecking Ball and Zap.

Enjoying my new obsession. People at TRU must think I'm crazy.

Also, Wrecking Ball is in stock on Toys R Us.com http://www.toysrus.c...ductId=12432887

#593 io

io

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:55 AM

OMG, my 4 year-old talks about Zook all the time - will have to get that ASAP... But I haven't seen a 3-pack or Adventure pack of any sort except for the Legendary one in at least a month.

#594 TheShepherdSauce

TheShepherdSauce

thick & hearty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

:applause: Bravo Activision. I bought my ps3 starter pack from ebay used and had some trouble with the usb working intermittently. I went to the Activision website to file a problem and it said they'd send a box and an RMA. Instead, they just sent a brand new usb within a week - no questions asked. I didn't even have to send in my defective one first.

#595 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

Won't help anybody now, but Amazon had Whirlwind and Cynder in stock for about 18 seconds. Long enough for me to get them in my cart but not long enough for me to check out. They were both due to be in stock on March 23, so maybe there's hope for next week between Amazon and the TRU March 21 date. They were both $7.99 also. Now they don't even show up as available from Amazon at all. As fast as you have to be to shop at Amazon, I guess you have to be really super duper fast to work there ;-) [yes, that is a joke, I know it's all computerized.]

#596 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

Finally found a Darklight Crypt this morning at Walmart. It was the only thing on the rack and it looked so lonely..haha, seriously though, when my son spotted it I thought he was going to have a heart attack. Everytime we go by walmart we check for skylanders and they're always sold out. Im excited about that new 3 pack also since cinder is the one he's been wanting the whole time.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#597 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

Saw this at a TRU today. So great... words out, all the hoarders and resellers gonna make it hard for ppl like me who just need one of each. :O

Posted Image

#598 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

Saw this at a TRU today. So great... words out, all the hoarders and resellers gonna make it hard for ppl like me who just need one of each. :O

Same sign in SD.

#599 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

Posted Image

Why only single packs? i want three packs!!! i guess activision finally decided to produce more singles than 3 packs to get more money out of each one of us!

#600 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:44 AM

Why only single packs? i want three packs!!! i guess activision finally decided to produce more singles than 3 packs to get more money out of each one of us!

I don't think it's going to be just singles. My hopes are that the Dragon's Peak Pack is part of that.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins